AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-31, 11:29   Link #1021
Newhope

The brain is pretty adaptable there's cases in our world where people have lost large portions of there brains yet remain pretty much normal, they was a girl born in Germany a few years ago who was only born with the left side of her brain developed and was near enough unaffected. There's also been case's of people been frozen for several hours and been revived although they did suffer brain damage from it.
Old 2010-08-31, 11:33   Link #1022
Joe_fh

Well in some extraordinary cases it probably could happen. I would imagine that girl has some major problems with her left hand and leg though. And we're talking about warriors being frozen for the past 7 years That's just crazy
Old 2010-08-31, 11:38   Link #1023
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
The brain is pretty adaptable there's cases in our world where people have lost large portions of there brains yet remain pretty much normal, they was a girl born in Germany a few years ago who was only born with the left side of her brain developed and was near enough unaffected. There's also been case's of people been frozen for several hours and been revived although they did suffer brain damage from it.
But the beauty of Claymore was that people had to deal with the past being unchangeable and friends being gone forever. The characters had to struggle with this fact like real people, hence we could relate to there pain. But have you ever had to deal with a friend coming back from the dead as a zombie? This just kills every struggle the characters went through. The only thing that could compound this even worse would be the ghosts planning to restore there dead friends from zombie to warrior again.

Cynthia: "Captain Veronica " [runs and hugs her]
Veronica: "Now I know how Miria feels about Tabitha"
Tabitha: "Just what does that mean!!?"
Miria: "LMAO"
Tabitha: "Captain Miria..." [runs away crying... ]
Old 2010-08-31, 11:54   Link #1024
Newhope

I doubt if they are revived they'd have there original personalities or recognize people they'll probably be closer to AF's than claymore's.

Alot of people are making the mistake of what can and can't happen to a claymore by human standards there not human anymore there something else, you can even like Tersea's handler did call them monsters.

Last edited by Newhope; 2010-08-31 at 12:12.
Old 2010-08-31, 12:11   Link #1025
Joe_fh

But if that's the case than they are mindless monsters that look like monsters. In short it's even worse than awakening. Why would Miria be faced with a dilemma when she is killing even worse things than ABs and we know she never hesitated to kill those even though she knows they were once humans and still have emotions and such and are my no means mindless monsters.

If they indeed turn out to be something like that it could only lead to to things (logically) If it's clear those where Claymores and to Miria that those were her comrades in the North she would be enraged even more and any doubt about taking down the organization will be gone. It would become something similar to when Clare saw Prissy a couple of chapters back - she'll be willing to throw her humanity aside just to take the MiBs down.

The only reason why she will be face with a dilemma is if those "zombies" are actually really human like but brainwashed to follow the MiB's orders without a second thought. Basically everything that would make Miria think she can save them and return them to being the people they once were. I can't see this happening though.

Second: Any Claymore left there with more than a brain cell would understand what the organization is doing to warriors and realise more than ever before how they are being used as mere pawns and experimental subjects. This of course will mean the majority of them would never trust the MiBs again and either ran away or fight alongside Miria since that would be their best chance. Or they would be simply scared as hell and just ran away.

Also there isn't any explanation as to why they would be stronger than what the MiBs already had.
Old 2010-08-31, 12:11   Link #1026
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
But the beauty of Claymore was that people had to deal with the past being unchangeable and friends being gone forever.

The past is unchangeable and the friends are gone, but their corpses are being used for a dirty defensive move. It is not bringing the character back to life, it is just taking a dump over the sanctity of their corpse.

Have you guys not watched many zombies movies
Some are making this sounds like bible resurrections.
Old 2010-08-31, 12:14   Link #1027
haegar
mangaviking

hm. very disturbing spoiler. I don't think I'd like that, I was never rly happy with the feeders in the first place. I can see how the Org would benefit from being able to directly re-use dead warriors, that they should have done that with those from the north in order to have some line of defense against the ghosts, specifically, seems rather far fetched though.

For the time being, I'll just hope this turns out to be fake, or Yagi manages to pull this off nicely. Though I don't see how to do that atm.
Old 2010-08-31, 12:19   Link #1028
MalakTawus

The brain is greatly adaptable only in children, when an adult brain suffers damage it can try to reorganize with what's left,but unless you are REALLY lucky that your damage area controlled things that can be done by other areas of the brain (yeah,some things can be done by more than one "zone" of the brain),you'll have serious problems even if you manage to survive........
Old 2010-08-31, 12:30   Link #1029
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
The brain is greatly adaptable only in children, when an adult brain suffers damage it can try to reorganize with what's left,but unless you are REALLY lucky that your damage area controlled things that can be done by other areas of the brain (yeah,some things can be done by more than one "zone" of the brain),you'll have serious problems even if you manage to survive........
You are very correct here neuroplasticity is far greater in children than adults. It still exists in adults but not on the same scale. Many survivors of brain injuries die years later from those injuries even though they seemed to be getting better. Lets not even get into the reported personality changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
The past is unchangeable and the friends are gone, but their corpses are being used for a dirty defensive move. It is not bringing the character back to life, it is just taking a dump over the sanctity of their corpse.

Have you guys not watched many zombies movies
Some are making this sounds like bible resurrections.
Believe me I got that part from the very beginning but that same crime would have happened if they put there remains in another warriors body.

There is a fine line with bring the dead back as zombies and resurrection. Especially in a story such as Claymore where one character has already had their mind restored. So the past is unchangeable but will they remain gone is the question.

I agree with Joe fl here... after this the warrior better realize who the bad guys are. Miria just gave them front row seats with another crime the org has done. If any are conscious and remain loyal to the org I won't shed a tear for them when they die and get turned into zombie warriors themselves.
Old 2010-08-31, 12:40   Link #1030
Newhope

The claymore's not suspecting the ORG up to now is no big deal a few like Teresa/Galatea and Claire had suspicions and even Miria who investigated the ORG indeath never really came up with any concrete evidence that the ORG was up to no good.
Old 2010-08-31, 12:56   Link #1031
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
YAGI! NO!
Too weak, Ryus. Too weak.

Old 2010-08-31, 13:00   Link #1032
Tevourious

Okay now that the inital dust has settled from this silly spoiler. Lets ponder, unless they stiched them up again, most of the Claymore of any rank worth mentioning were cut to ribbons. Jean was somewhat intact, as was, hmm Veronica I think her name was. Udine and Flora were a mess.

If this nonsense IS TRUE, I think whats most likely going on is that, the Org used the assorted corpses in one of two ways. 1 Bonding their flesh to create new warriors, like they did with Clare and Theresa. OR 2 ew... attached the various limbs and assorted ...chunks onto younger warriors like Clare did with Irene's arm.

Freshness... meh you can say they were frozen, who knows.

Anyway, I can't see how that would produce anything that could challenge Miria except in numbers.

Oh no......... I just thought of something

What if they Used Raki's cat scratch fever to infect the Claymore Corpses making them sprout cat fiends of some freakish sort. Hmmm so many weird ways they could do this
Old 2010-08-31, 13:06   Link #1033
Tevourious

Though if anything I imagine the trump car is SUPER RAKI.....ugh that'd make me vomit. But It's going to happen, he's destined to be some uber monster.

Isley prolly bonded some of Priss into him trying to make his own Claymore monster but botched it somehow, so it didn't take enough to make him a full Claymore. Reason could be, cause Priss was underpowered at the time. Or He just didn't know how to do it correctly.

When thakes him away and notice he's not turning into a freak from the rods. They find this Priss Chunk in him and go...oooooooh we can fix this. And augment him so the chunk takes. The he becomes a Claymore male version of Clare which eventually leads him become to Priss what Clare is to Theresa after Clare Kill Priss after the end of this blob arc.

I can see it now....

YOU KILLED PRISCILLA YOU MONSTER!!! RAGHHH Birth of Full Blown Super Raki Awakened Mode

Then Clare has to have this big dramatic series of event of trying to restore or kill him in the end killing herself in the process THE END

> >
Um I just ran with it.....sorry

I hope to god none of that actually happens cause it'd be a scatacular scataclysm of epic failure.
Old 2010-08-31, 13:07   Link #1034
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Too weak, Ryus. Too weak.

Hey... I was funning out the door to go buy Disturbed new album Asylum...

I was trying real hard to not get too upset so it wouldn't spoil the album for me...
Old 2010-08-31, 13:55   Link #1035
Joe_fh

Wait Disturbed have a new album?

And on topic the Teresa's flesh thing worked only because Teresa was super strong, the idea was that the protagonist (Clare) had to grow as a person and be faced with other hardships to realise the important things in life (It's not all "Prissy I'm gonna Kill you" though Clare has yet to realise this) and so on. In short if Clare was super powerful she wouldn't have had to go through all that and the story would have lost a lot or Clare would have had to use a normal yoma which would leave all the incredibly power ups completely unexplained.
So that can't really work here. Heck nothing can Weird zombie business...
Old 2010-08-31, 14:00   Link #1036
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Came out today

Asylum

So far I'm loving it! It really help killed the mood the spoilers gave me.
Old 2010-08-31, 14:01   Link #1037
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Yep, I just found that out as well. It looked okay from the samples I was able to get for the moment.

edit: This is off topic, but I wish there was a Fate/Zero adaptation. God that would be an awesome anime.
Old 2010-08-31, 14:03   Link #1038
Ulquihorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Has this happened in Naruto or Bleach?

@shiek, I do not think zombification and resurrection are the same thing though. Hmmm, I want to see how he pulls it off before I judge too quickly. If he makes it a truly grotesque event I think I can accept it.

I said it in reference to the lack of originality that is throning omniscient in mangas such as bleach and naruto.
Old 2010-08-31, 14:06   Link #1039
Joe_fh

Something great to listen to while zombie Flora wipes the floor with Miria?

@Nixl Well they did make a movie so the interest in the series is by no means gone. Though it's rather unlikely there is still hope
Old 2010-08-31, 14:26   Link #1040
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Lightbulb

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are u telling me that there are claymore zombies attacking Miria???

This spoiler has 2 be fake... This isn't NARUTO(FAIL) AND BLEACH!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread