AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-20, 07:15   Link #21
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Touma has Alien Hand Syndrome like Dr. Strangelove. It moves by itself to preserve his life. Unfortunately, it also has a deathwish for the guy with the bad luck. Probably why he can't get any from the horde of beautiful women he scores points with.

Of course, the one time it didn't work was the exact moment he realised that he didn't need it to freak out that rogue mage. Probably counts as having luck so bad it is actually good.
Old 2008-12-20, 07:28   Link #22
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Probably why he can't get any from the horde of beautiful women he scores points with.
Eh? I though it was the other way around, they can't get any from him because he finds himself unlucky to have them chasing him in the first place.
Old 2008-12-20, 10:51   Link #23
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Eh? I though it was the other way around, they can't get any from him because he finds himself unlucky to have them chasing him in the first place.
So he's cock blocking himself. Tragic A case of the "Hero" program getting in the way of the natural human imperative.

He should switch his focus in life from consistently saving them to having an eye towards reproduction. Then again, that would qualify him for the number 1 position in the public enemy database of pimps.
Old 2008-12-20, 12:07   Link #24
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i dunno man, i mean if this was a game touma's power would be needing a massive revamp. its the most useful useless power
Old 2008-12-20, 12:21   Link #25
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
i dunno man, i mean if this was a game touma's power would be needing a massive revamp. its the most useful useless power
Well I've seen in manga before how creative a guy with cancellation ability can be.

So far Touma is a reactionary genius. He just reacts but if he can think several steps ahead he can get out of a jam unscratched.
Old 2008-12-20, 12:51   Link #26
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

"Genius", huh. Seems like his general solution is to run up to the enemy and punch them really hard. Which he does very well.
Old 2008-12-20, 15:41   Link #27
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
So he's cock blocking himself. Tragic A case of the "Hero" program getting in the way of the natural human imperative.

He should switch his focus in life from consistently saving them to having an eye towards reproduction. Then again, that would qualify him for the number 1 position in the public enemy database of pimps.
Yup a he has thing for a "damsel in distress" for better yet he feels that " Their Holding out For Hero."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F_BIOxg6x8

GO TOUMA!! GOT Collect them ...... I meant got to save them all !!!!
Old 2008-12-20, 15:45   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I just thought of this...

But Touma should appear in the next Fire Emblem game. He clearly loves talking down and convincing people to be follow what he thinks is SO right, so he should be the ultimate Lord who can talk to any enemy soldier and recruit him.

And then he gets killed by a Killer Lance.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-20, 15:51   Link #29
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I just thought of this...

But Touma should appear in the next Fire Emblem game. He clearly loves talking down and convincing people to be follow what he thinks is SO right, so he should be the ultimate Lord who can talk to any enemy soldier and recruit him.

And then he gets killed by a Killer Lance.

Touma uses convince option on enemy

Enemy : What the ???

Touma : Talk to the hand .

Enemy really tick off : Why you little .....

Something like this you envision serenade ??
Old 2008-12-20, 15:56   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Touma uses convince option on enemy

Enemy : What the ???

Touma : Talk to the hand .

Enemy really tick off : Why you little .....

Something like this you envision serenade ??

More like:

Touma uses Convince.
"You can't fight us! There has to be some better way, but I can't let you die! If you... *please imagine the rest, because Serenade_beta cannot come up with Touma's lines*

Enemy joins.

Enemy Phase.

Wyvern Lord moves up to Touma and attacks with Killer Lance. Critical!

Touma's HP-->0
Touma: "Wha-! I though protagonists don't die!"

Game Over

But your idea was good too.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-20, 16:12   Link #31
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

hmmm I thought of this too.

Doctor ( The one that treats Touma) get a red visor : Touma!!! Your hand!!! Are the ones that will grope bosomy heavens !!!

Touma : o.o wrong anime
Old 2008-12-22, 20:46   Link #32
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
"Genius", huh. Seems like his general solution is to run up to the enemy and punch them really hard. Which he does very well.
Well, When all you have is a hammer...

But I admire Touma for toughness and how he managed to be so cool after all the shit, what happens to him... And how he defeated Aureolus was pretty amazing.

On the other hand, Koizumi of "Mx0" was definitive a better Anti Mage than Touma.^^;
(I will never understand, how they could canceled this genious serie!)

Well, I wish I could read the novels to understand his character better...
Old 2008-12-22, 21:06   Link #33
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
No need to tell me, I'm the one who added that to To Aru Majutsu no Index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
On the other hand, Koizumi of "Mx0" was definitive a better Anti Mage than Touma.^^;
Ah, well, that's a little unfair, since Koizumi's canceling power was so malleable, and he was in a unique situation. But you might have a point.
Old 2008-12-22, 21:34   Link #34
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
No need to tell me, I'm the one who added that to To Aru Majutsu no Index.
ROFL! I see, the world (wide web) has become small. XD

Quote:
Ah, well, that's a little unfair, since Koizumi's canceling power was so malleable, and he was in a unique situation. But you might have a point.
Itīs right, that at the end Koizumiīs power was very customizable, but on the other hand he had to pay for this ability (with magic points) and couldnīt spam it infinitly.

Also I think, it was very well done, how Koizumi analyzed the powers of others and showed him ways to become stronger!

Maybe it is reasonable, if Touma says that the experiment will only stop, if he defeats Accelator alone, but on the other hand I would really like more screentime for the other characters of this series. (The Spin-off Manga doesnīt do a bad job here.)
Old 2009-01-05, 06:32   Link #35
VooXoo

With right hand a life suffering bad luck, saving people and proving the existence of "something with HUGE power he can destroy with a touch" (like DeeP BlooD prove the existance of Dracula killing his minions).

Or cut his own hand and living a lucky life (but without a arm).

Question1: If God created the Earth and the universe with his powers and Touma can erase God protection, Magic and esp touching Earth......no..........touching even air must erase the universe.......the World is still there then his hand don't cancel everything.

Question2: If Touma rally erase his own luck why he is still alive and in good health?
The only explanation is something is protecting him, maybe God can't touch him......but the area around him is ok.......that avoid death every five minutes............or maybe Touma cancel God protection AND his own fate (death), that make him Terminator with the MX0.

But this is only my theory........only time can tell.

P.S. Sorry for the bad english, still learning.
Old 2009-01-07, 13:53   Link #36
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
With right hand a life suffering bad luck, saving people and proving the existence of "something with HUGE power he can destroy with a touch" (like DeeP BlooD prove the existance of Dracula killing his minions).

Question1: If God created the Earth and the universe with his powers and Touma can erase God protection, Magic and esp touching Earth......no..........touching even air must erase the universe.......the World is still there then his hand don't cancel everything.

Question2: If Touma rally erase his own luck why he is still alive and in good health?
The only explanation is something is protecting him, maybe God can't touch him......but the area around him is ok.......that avoid death every five minutes............or maybe Touma cancel God protection AND his own fate (death), that make him Terminator with the MX0.

your notion of god and their notion is different i guess =P
Old 2009-01-10, 18:48   Link #37
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Maybe his ability stops short of doing stuff that would get him killed and has other uses that he just hasn't tapped into yet. Besides, traits that need to be inherited wouldn't kill the genetic donor unless you're The Darkness.
Old 2009-01-31, 06:15   Link #38
VooXoo

Touma father have said a interesting thing in the 17th ep.

Touma was nicknamed "God of misfortune", people around him suffer unluck.
But now he bring salvation in every episode, something is strange.

The awaneking of his right hand have concentrated the bad fortune on him?
His power have changed target?
Old 2009-01-31, 07:47   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
In reverse I can also say that since Imagine Breaker didn't destroy the universe, then that would mean that God didn't create it.

Quote:
Heh I have an alternate answer to that.

Keeping Touma alive is God's sick way of torturing him with a life of misfortune, rather than to have him escape by death
Old 2009-01-31, 13:35   Link #40
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I'll alter this quote for a bit for some fun, but it's true. Might be spoiler-ish if anyone tries to figure out what I mean

Quote:
Question2: If Touma really erased his own luck why he has so many girls who are in love/having a crush on him?
Yeah. I won't consider having many girls falling for that "unlucky guy", unlucky.

Or he might shout back at us asking him that question with his catchphrase, lamenting about the abundance of girls fitting that question's description around his waist: "FUKOU DA! (This is misfortune!)"

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Closed Thread