AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 05:09   Link #181
Kallen4life

Quote:
So what's unique about the megalodon shark?
it's frikkin huge and would probably be munching on blue whales nowadays
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 10:49   Link #182
marvelB

Uh.... yeah, I guess I kinda forgot to mention that Megalo's based on an extinct giant species of shark. Perhaps I should make a small change to my previous post to reflect that. Also, I noticed that Oda explains how he came up with Drake and Capone's birthdays: For Drake, it comes from X being the Roman numeral for 10, as well as the 24th letter in the alphabet. Bege's birthday is naturally taken from the real-life Al Capone's birthday. And here's a couple more things to add:

-To clarify a little further on the admiral motto thing: Kizaru's justice could also be interpreted as "Grey-Area Justice", as he tends to take things at face value. Oh, and for the record, Oda's slogan is "I love Anpanman".

-Also another little tidbit I found interesting: Oda says that he always draws characters talking with their mouths open because he always felt it looked weird for characters in manga to talk with their mouths closed. He figures some other manga authors do it in order to make characters look cool, but he'll draw open mouths on any character, no matter how they look.

^BTW, credit goes to OP guru Greg for those last two tidbits. Anyway, my take on the big marine incident during the skip is that it probably didn't have so much to do with the new fleet admiral as it did with the higher-ups of the government. They probably came up with some new policies that the more decent marines like Garp and Smoker strongly disagreed with (probably Sengoku too, seeing as he was already pissed at them for covering up the ID prison break).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 11:07   Link #183
Kallen4life

right now I'm betting on Akainu being FA (it'll spice things up too for the pirates), because I can see only him moving Marine HQ to the NW, Kizaru can't be bothered and Aokiji is too lazy

unless there was a direct order from the Gorousei to Kong (both overriding his choice for the new FA (Gorousei would probably like Akainu as FA) and to move the HQ to seize more control in the NW)

but it's impossible to guess for sure
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 12:10   Link #184
Undertaker

I, on the other hand, think they all connected somehow in one incident.
Old 2011-11-04, 14:25   Link #185
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-To clarify a little further on the admiral motto thing: Kizaru's justice could also be interpreted as "Grey-Area Justice", as he tends to take things at face value. Oh, and for the record, Oda's slogan is "I love Anpanman".
If that's the case, perhaps I'll classify the admirals like the three Batman personalities (from the Batman: the Brave and the Bold episode- A Bat Divided):

Kizaru- Geek
Akainu- Bully
Aokiji- Slacker

In other news, who's Anpanman?

Quote:
-Also another little tidbit I found interesting: Oda says that he always draws characters talking with their mouths open because he always felt it looked weird for characters in manga to talk with their mouths closed. He figures some other manga authors do it in order to make characters look cool, but he'll draw open mouths on any character, no matter how they look.
I should think that characters that are drawn talking with their mouths open are showing the dynamic that they are speaking with their voice. If they were talking with their mouths closed, it would probably mean that they are speaking in thought. That's what I'd think at least.

Quote:
^BTW, credit goes to OP guru Greg for those last two tidbits. Anyway, my take on the big marine incident during the skip is that it probably didn't have so much to do with the new fleet admiral as it did with the higher-ups of the government. They probably came up with some new policies that the more decent marines like Garp and Smoker strongly disagreed with (probably Sengoku too, seeing as he was already pissed at them for covering up the ID prison break).....
Well whatever the incident, I still say that Akainu would be involved being the violent peacekeeper that he is.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 12:30   Link #186
marvelB

Actually, looking back at that bounty info, I think Oda forgot to add a certain detail: Back in Whiskey Peak, Igaram mentioned that the total bounty price would be lowered by 30% if one were to turn in a dead pirate (since the marines prefer to publicly execute criminals). Or does this not apply to certain pirates? Hopefully, Oda will further clarify on this in the future, or else we may have a potential plothole on our hands.....
Old 2011-11-05, 13:14   Link #187
Rainbowman

Quote:
Actually, looking back at that bounty info, I think Oda forgot to add a certain detail: Back in Whiskey Peak, Igaram mentioned that the total bounty price would be lowered by 30% if one were to turn in a dead pirate (since the marines prefer to publicly execute criminals). Or does this not apply to certain pirates? Hopefully, Oda will further clarify on this in the future, or else we may have a potential plothole on our hands.....
Sounds to me like the times are changing to where the laws are becoming more corrupt due to Akainu, the World Nobles, or possibly the 5 Elder Stars.
Old 2011-11-05, 20:12   Link #188
golgo13

so did blackbeard not get bounty for turning in ace?
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 20:28   Link #189
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
so did blackbeard not get bounty for turning in ace?
He didn't have a bounty to start with when he joined the Shichibukai and it's uncertain wether he got one or not after declaring war on the World Government.
Old 2011-11-06, 05:13   Link #190
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
He didn't have a bounty to start with when he joined the Shichibukai and it's uncertain wether he got one or not after declaring war on the World Government.
I mean did he collect ace's bounty
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 08:34   Link #191
Undertaker

I don't think he did. Capturing Ace was supposed to be the reason for his appointment as a Shichibukai so it could very well that in an indirect way he traded Ace's bounty for the Shichbukai position.
Old 2011-11-06, 09:04   Link #192
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Oda stated in the SBS that pirates do not get bounty rewards if they turn in pirates, they'll just get arrested as pirates themselves. But pirates take down other pirates with high bounties to make a reputation for themselves.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 15:41   Link #193
marvelB

^Yeah, I mean that very info was even posted right on the previous page.

Also, going back to the kiddie supernovas, I wonder if the fact that the younger Killer's face is shown here means that Oda plans to reveal his adult self's face as well, eventually.....
Old 2011-11-07, 14:54   Link #194
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
UUUUUUPDAAATEEEE TIIIIIMMMEEEEE ~~~~

So the rest of the SBS is out now! Let's get the most interesting info out of the way first, shall we?

-The shark Megalo is based on the real-life (extinct) megalodon shark.

-We get two more supernova birthdays! It's October 24 for X Drake (comes from X representing the number 10 as well as being the 24th letter in the alphabet), and January 17 for Capone (Al Capone's birthday in real life, naturally).

-Somebody asks how VA (not RA) Strawberry's hair looks under his hat. Oda promptly responds:

Spoiler:

-Apparently, Ikaros Much is 4 times more ticklish under his armpit than a regular person....

-Someone asks how people are able to collect bounty money in the OP world. Oda replies that you'll still receive payment if the bounty head is dead, but if the person turning in a bounty is a pirate themselves, they'll obviously get arrested instead. So instead, that pirate would only gain more infamy if he/she took down a well-known bounty head.

-Somebody asks what those bubble rings that we've seen some merpeople riding around are. Oda explains that they're basically the same type of soap bubbles we've seen at Sabaody.

-Somebody points out the mermaid that resembles Luffy's drawing of Nami all those years ago (from Jinbei's flashback, in case anyone forgot).

-Now here's a really interesting one: Recall that back in ch. 498 Brooke's long-arm managers mentioned something about "TD" sales. Turns out it's referring to the Tone Dials. See, during the two years that passed, the blue seas people managed to adapt the technology themselves and even improved upon the original design. They come in pairs and work similarly to CDs.

-And now the most interesting info out of them all: Someone asks Oda what sort of justice Kizaru follows. He answers "Uncertain Justice"..... which, interestingly enough, was even written on the wall of his office during Jinbei's flashback. He also reminds us of Akainu and Aokiji's mottos ("Absolute" and "Lazy" Justice, respectively). However, around the time of Robin's flashback, Aokiji's brand of justice used to be "Blazing Justice", which obviously changed over time.

But most important of all: Oda notes that a "big incident" took place amongst the marine at some point during the timeskip, and that he's anxious to reveal it to us readers soon......

I dunno about anyone else, but this was the most kickass SBS to come along in a while! Really can't wait to hear more about this marine business.....
Oooh. Looking forward to this 'big reveal' regarding the Marines.
Also - i really hope Oda will be bringing some powerful Bounty Hunters in the NW...some real badasses - that respected & feared.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 15:22   Link #195
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Also - i really hope Oda will be bringing some powerful Bounty Hunters in the NW...some real badasses - that respected & feared.
I totally agree with that. I wonder if there are bounty hunters that have fleets of followers. I even want to see one of the supernovas caught by them to show how formidable they are. Man I like that idea.
Mazkoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 01:16   Link #196
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

What exactly is Law's devil fruit power? Was curious about it, but idk if the anime or manga went into the detail about it.
Old 2011-11-17, 01:42   Link #197
Undertaker

All it shown was that Law's DF is some sort of displacement power within a "room" that he specifies.
Old 2011-11-17, 07:54   Link #198
gaurun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
All it shown was that Law's DF is some sort of displacement power within a "room" that he specifies.
so can he "replace" his heart with his enemy heart?

or his brain, maybe?
gaurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 10:56   Link #199
marvelB

It's that time again....

No complete SBS info is out yet, but we do have one particular sneak peek. So, you'll remember that the last couple volumes showed us the Shichibukai and supernovas as kids, yes? So who will we flash back on this time....?

YES!! THE ADMIRALS!!!! And man, this is pretty much my favorite of Oda's kid drawings by far! I'm not surprised that Garp resembled his grandson as a kid, but is it just me, or did he seem to have an interest in pirating as a tyke, as well? Sengoku still had the afro in his youth as well, I see. Aokiji.... looks strange (he sort of reminds me of Usopp, sans the long nose). Akainu looks as much like a hardass as ever, and Kizaru..... lol. Just lol. Oda really should keep up with those kid drawings, though. Maybe he can do the kid versions of Baroque Works or the East Blue villains next (we never did see how Arlong looked as a snot-nosed brat, after all....).

BTW, for those who missed it in the chapter threads, I should also point out that a new databook was recently announced to come out in March as well, which is titles "One Piece Blue Deep". And since this is pretty much a random trivia thread, here would definitely be the best place to post all the juicy info the book will contain (as was done with Green a while back). I'm definitely looking forward to that!
Old 2012-02-02, 11:12   Link #200
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Nice . Garp looked so much like Luffy it's not even funny. Sengoku still sporting his afro and being well disciplined even as a child isn't surprising. Aokiji looks pissed about something. He really used to be "blazing" as opposed to his now "lazy" ways in life. Akainu, much like today, was as serious and determined as ever. I believe the characters on his hat say "absolute justice". That being said, did Akainu enlist in the marines ever since he was a kid, or does that just depict that he aspired to be a marine ever since his childhood? Interesting, nonetheless. Kizaru is priceless. So carefree and just having a blast with his books and literature.

Awesome stuff. Thanks, marvelB .