AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-02-10, 16:17   Link #41
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Anyone here knows the name of the BGM that plays when Fate transforms in A's (it's also the BGM that plays when Fate saves Nanoha from Vita)?
金の閃光 (Flash of Gold), track 4 on the first DVD's bonus BGM CD.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 07:16   Link #42
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Cool, thanks a lot ^^ Although... that's a rather subtly suggestive title if you think about it... XD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 08:17   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, I've been waiting for the fate/chrono 'onii-chan' sound stage translation for a long time, thanks! =)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 23:35   Link #44
Nagumo
Random Translator

I don't care what people say... Translating Hayate is a pain, no matter how cute she is...

16 - Yoru ~ Yoru Ten no Shu, Hoshizora wo Miagete
Night ~ Master of the Night Sky, Looking up at the Stars.

Hayate: Oh Viita's fallen sleep.
Shamal: It's because ate so much and crawled on the sofa with Hayate so quickly.
Hayate: We shouldn't wake her. Signum could you carry her to bed?
Signum: Of course.
Hayate: I'll be outside in the yard a bit.
Shamal: It's cold out. Here's a jacket.
Hayate: Thank you. You wanna come to, Yami no Sho? Oh the stars are beautiful tonight. You've been alive for a real long time and seen lots of night skies haven't you, Yami no sho? How are the stars of this world? Are they beautiful as the one's in the past? You know, I can feel that your existence is starting to grow within me, Yami no sho. It like I'm becoming one with you. But, it's not as if the pages are being collected. Of course not, I made Signum promise me after all. You know, I don't really mind if my legs or body don't recover at all. I'm sorry to say to Ishida-sensei but I don't think I'll get better. I don't mind living too long either. If those children didn't come to me, I would have been alone otherwise. But those children... Signum, Shamal, Viita and Zafira, really need me. So as long as they need me, I won't break or die. That's an absolute promise. Because I am, yours and everyone's master after all
Shamal: Hayate-chan, you'll catch a cold. Let's get inside.
Hayate: Okay.
Signum: I shall come over.
Hayate: My light is fading away slowly and gives way to the light of the night sky. (not exactly translated well)
Signum: Hm?
Hayate; Oh it's nothing.
Shamal: Is that... so?
Hayate: Even if the light of the stars disappear into the darkness, I will fulfill my responsibility as master of the Yami no sho until the end. We won't bother anyone. Or get in anyone's way. I just want to give my children who have given me such joy, greater joy in return. So please. God or the devil, please leave us be.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 23:42   Link #45
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

+50 points to Hayate for all the quotable quotes in this SS

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 23:43   Link #46
Nagumo
Random Translator

18 - Jikai Yokoku
Next Time on

Nanoha: The major players of the Book of Darkness incident.
Fate: And a tale after a bit of time has passed.
Nanoha: Memories of those fights, meetings and partings, gifts and wishes.
Hayate: Next on Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Sound Stage 03
Fate: Episode 4 is, after this is,
N+F+H: Drive Ignition!
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 14:58   Link #47
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
+50 points to Hayate for all the quotable quotes in this SS
And another 50 from me. In the anime she doesn't really get much introspection, does she, compared to all of episode 6 for the Knights?
Old 2007-02-13, 17:23   Link #48
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Another 50 from me. This SS alone gives us much insight on her inner strength, and why Reinforce wasn't able to put her to sleep.

This should have been included in the anime. Sigh .

Though I'm surprised she really didn't know about the Knights' nightly activities.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 13:09   Link #49
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

The folks from 2ch have posted the lyrics of SECRET AMBITION, the OP of StrikerS. Since the CD has not yet been released, this is only transcribed from the Mizuki Nana's performance in the 07 concert.

Given the high correlation between the OP theme and the story in the last two seasons, maybe we should make good use of the lyrics to do some guessings on the plot?

Spoiler:
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 18:05   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

Has anyone here heard it yet? As in personally... =)
Old 2007-02-21, 20:44   Link #51
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I've found a live recording of the song: here.
Old 2007-02-21, 21:27   Link #52
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

(Before listening...)

Thanks man...!

(After listening...)

HOLY FUC-!!!

This song is brilliant!! An absolute winner!!! The awesomness is off the chart!!
Old 2007-02-21, 21:40   Link #53
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^

Has anyone here heard it yet? As in personally... =)
As of today the recording of the live concert is the only version available as of today since the CD hasn't been released. Google/Share/Winny for it or check the one provided by Estavali.

Pure speculation, or more accurately, nonsense :

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-21, 21:48   Link #54
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

A more likely but simpler possibility

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-21, 21:49   Link #55
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The song is pretty good in general. I wouldn't go so far to say that it's awesomeness is off-the-charts, but at least I think it's better than the A's OP. Though frankly, even if we ignore the lyrics (( I'm bad at translating lyrics to coherent meanings )) this song is soooo made for an OP it's not even funny.

There's the pre-anime title spots with the instrumental+vocal build-up, the step-by-step imagery style of character introduction in OP through the subtle change in vocal motion in the beginning, the action-in-OP sequences with the vocal build-up part, the high-speed character flashing spots, the slower-character momental OP spot and the standard ending part of an OP song. Generic, but it works.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 21:51   Link #56
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, I typed that right after I finished it, so I was still in awe-struck... ^^;
Old 2007-02-22, 10:28   Link #57
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I personally think the echos in the mp3 sort of spoilt the overall goodness of the song. It's good but take away the echos and it'll be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
Pure speculation, or more accurately, nonsense :

Spoiler:
I presume you understand the lyrics, so I think your speculations might not be off too much. The first two MSLN OPs reflected their respective plots, so we can assume that the third one will continue this fine tradition.

If so, anticipation for StrikerS just got higher for me. I just love dark plots .
Old 2007-02-22, 14:56   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
this song is soooo made for an OP it's not even funny.
LOL this is soo true XD

well at first listening ~ its quite exciting...but imo i think its a bit long winded especially at the end ~ ofc the TV version wont be no where as long but still

i duno...maybe when i see the OP sequence for strikers this song will get me hooked but im still in love with innocent starter ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 21:51   Link #59
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I presume you understand the lyrics, so I think your speculations might not be off too much. The first two MSLN OPs reflected their respective plots, so we can assume that the third one will continue this fine tradition.
Nanoha OP lyrics are like Medieval prophecies. They were written in such a way that they always work when you look at them retrospectively with all the details of the story in your mind. Selective attention only to those that fit the conclusion, perhaps ? Nonetheless, you can't derive many accurate details when you try to use them for predicting the future .

Anyway the interpretation of the lyrics will probably be drastically different between different people. Maybe other moonspeakers arond can share their thoughts on the lyrics as well?
Old 2007-02-22, 22:28   Link #60
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Haha, well said!

I do wonder if Nana-san wrote the song after going through the plot though.

Tags
music