AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-02, 15:03   Link #1
Morannon

New guy

I want some suggestions on good series. So far I've seen Naruto and Full metal alchemist and I like them both very much. I've also seen Mononoke hime and Grave of the fire flies, amazing movies.

basicly what I'm looking for is a good story. I don't mind if they don't beat up each other all the time. I tried wathing one piece but it felt a bit childish. (sorry if I offend anyone but that's how I did feel)

thanks
Old 2004-05-02, 15:25   Link #2
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Argg... how can you not like One Piece? .. some other good ones are Cowboy Bebop, GetBackers, Hunter x Hunter, Ruroni Kenshin, Berserk, Scrapped Princess, and Spirited Away (great movie).
Although, I would recommend trying One Piece again, yea the first episodes are a little kiddy, but the animation and quality of it get a lot better IMO. Plus its an amazing story.
Old 2004-05-02, 15:50   Link #3
7thMethuselah

Welcome to the forums

Some suggestions

Licensed

Cowboy Bebop : adventure set in space, about a bunch of bounty hunters, great characters, awesome music, magnificent anime

Full Metal Panic : Mecha Comedy Romance : an elite soldier gets send back to high school to protect a girl from terrorists. One of the best anime out there

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex : Scifi action : About a secret government organisation figthing cyber terrorism in a not-so-far-away future, this anime has a great story!

Great Teacher Onizuka : Comedy : An ex-biker and gang member becomes a high school teaher, the anime revolvs around his interactions with the other teachers and the students, in one word : hilarious

Inu Yasha : Fantasy Action : Kagome travels back to the days of the warring states where she joins up with the half demon Inu Yasha to find the pieces of the Shikon no Tama which is a powerfull jewel all demons seek.

Rurouni Kenshin : Action Historical : A true samurai anime in the years set after the Meiji Revolution

Neon Genesis Evangelion : Mecha Mystery : "Angels" invade Tokyo-3, the only things able to stop them are the EVA's but what are the angels and where do they come from? And what are the secrets behind the people building and controlling the EVA's. Awesome story, a classic...

Unlicensed

Bakuretsu Tenshi : a new mecha action with great animation

Peace Maker kurogane : Historical action comedy : Ananime set during the meiji Revolution which deals with the Shinsengumi ( a well known faction of samurai during that era)

Scrapped Princess : Fantasy SciFi : A girl is rumored to destroy the world when she reaches the age of 16, therefore she is hunted by the kings and churches' servants. But what exactly is so special about her? An intriguing anime you can't afford to miss.
Old 2004-05-02, 15:56   Link #4
wnkryo
HainShodan

Get One Piece. You will die of aw.
Old 2004-05-02, 19:04   Link #5
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

You definaly need Hunter x Hunter in your life.First three episodes may be a bit boring but as SOON as the Hunter exam starts...things heat up.
Old 2004-05-02, 22:03   Link #6
Arwyn

Dont feel bad, I dont care for One Piece either.

You can check out of couple of these;

Liscensed:
RaXephon- Mecha, and a lot of it, pretty serious storyline, and a strong romance theme.
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust- its a movie, but great visuals, decent story, and very good one sitting anime.
Nadesico- mecha, spaceships, and pretty tounge in cheek, not bad, parodies a lot of other anime conventions.
Full Metal Panic- One of the best series release recently. Mecha, comedy, action, schoolkids, some romace, a little fanservice. It blends it all and actually pulls it off very well. Recommened.
Last Exile- Very cool story, awesome visuals, you just have to see it to appreciate it. Recommended.

Unliscensed;
Shingetsutan Tsukimhime- one of the best series recently, action, horror, romance, great story, good characters, highly receommended.
Peacemaker Kurogane- historical samurai piece. Action, comedy, and a lot of political threads. Good series.
PlanetES- realistic sci fi series, nothing flashy, but good solid dramatic scif fi.
Spiral- mystery, drama, and schoolkids. Sounds off, but its a good X-Files meets high school series.
Yumeria- Superpowers, comedy, and a fair amount of ecchi. Series is pretty light but enjoyable.
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien- very emotional dramatic series. Excellent, but can be hard to watch.
Da Capo- romantic series, first 15 episodes are very funny, last half are very serious drama. Excellent series, but can be pretty heavy in the final episodes.

Thats just off the top of my head. Excuse the spelling errors, to much wine with dinner...
Closed Thread