Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-25, 19:20   Link #8841
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
whats the poseability on the Freedom gundam like? not the strike freedom, the original one.
The poseability is decent enough. Nothing too flashy for a MG though. Still, it looks glorious in comparison to cheap Strike Freedom in my opinion.
Old 2008-11-25, 19:58   Link #8842
Mister Mister
Redshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
The poseability is decent enough. Nothing too flashy for a MG though. Still, it looks glorious in comparison to cheap Strike Freedom in my opinion.
goddamn if SF wasn't a ridiculous mary sue gundam. It was like something you see in bad fanfiction.
Mister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 21:19   Link #8843
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

between hg 1/144 and ng 1/100 which is better? what the different between ng and hg?
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 22:02   Link #8844
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
between hg 1/144 and ng 1/100 which is better? what the different between ng and hg?
It's really about which you prefer. It also depends on the model. Sometimes they're the same, sometimes totally different. One example is Infinite Justice, the 1/100 is pretty bad compared to the HG 1/144.

HG stands for High Grade while NG means no grade. NG isn't official but some people use it because there isn't a grade in front of the scale. HG have higher quality than NG hence the name. I don't think that they make HG 1/100 anymore so there are HG for 1/144.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 23:18   Link #8845
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
HG stands for High Grade while NG means no grade. NG isn't official but some people use it because there isn't a grade in front of the scale. HG have higher quality than NG hence the name. I don't think that they make HG 1/100 anymore so there are HG for 1/144.
Not exactly. While NG 1/144 is of lesser quality than HG 1/144, non-graded 1/100's from the same years are similar in quality to HG 1/144's, sometimes better.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 10:35   Link #8846
MeesesGlokmah

Quick Question: What kind of paint sealers/lacquers do you guys use? What I mean is, do you guys use glossy, dull, etc.? And also what brand?
MeesesGlokmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 11:11   Link #8847
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Larger images of the HCM-Pro GN Archer

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 12:43   Link #8848
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Does the GN Archer can be on MS form of Arios? Does'nt look it can though.
Old 2008-11-26, 13:28   Link #8849
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Here is a store from Japan that I just have a basic shopping experience with:

www.hwjapan.com

I first read about it in Macrossworld. The key thing is they offer 20% off all Bandai and Tamiya model, and 6% off everything else. Their web site is not well designed and their category tree is poor, so it is harder to find things than HLJ or 1999.

Selection and availibility are very good for Bandai model (all 20% off) and HCM-Pro (some have 20% off), but poor for other toys e.g. they only list a few newer Soul of Chogokin and Yamato toys. "Close out item" have deeper discounts - usually 40% off.

Shipping options are the standard SAL/EMS/Fedex. You can see the estimated shipping price before confirming the order.

So I ordered something before the Canadian $ get weaker:
MG Char's Zaku II v2.0
HGUC GM-Q
Char Action base 1
Grey Action base 2

Total is 4680yen, plus 1880yen for SAL shipping. I placed the order on Nov 10th, got the payment notice on 12th, got the shippment notice on 14th with tracking number (it works on the EMS site), and I received the sets yesterday (25th) in a small box with some newspaper and bubble warp padding.

Overall a positive experience.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 13:43   Link #8850
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah View Post
Quick Question: What kind of paint sealers/lacquers do you guys use? What I mean is, do you guys use glossy, dull, etc.? And also what brand?
If you mean topcoat, try Mr. Super Clear Flat.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 16:59   Link #8851
MeesesGlokmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
If you mean topcoat, try Mr. Super Clear Flat.
Wait. Is topcoat different from lacquer? The guy at the hobby store told me they were the same thing.
Old 2008-11-26, 19:46   Link #8852
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah View Post
Wait. Is topcoat different from lacquer? The guy at the hobby store told me they were the same thing.
Lacquer is a type of paint. It dries faster and sticks better than enamel, but is more toxic.

Topcoat is the protective layer you put on top of paint. I think that in the case of Mr. Super Clear Flat, it's a lacquer topcoat.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 21:43   Link #8853
MeesesGlokmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Lacquer is a type of paint. It dries faster and sticks better than enamel, but is more toxic.

Topcoat is the protective layer you put on top of paint. I think that in the case of Mr. Super Clear Flat, it's a lacquer topcoat.
Lacquer topcoat? Hm. That's kinda confusing. Anyway, thanks for the help. The stuff I have is Testors: All Purpose Dullcote - Flat Clear Lacquer. Not sure if that is the right stuff, but I tested it on an old V-Gundam kit. It seemed to work okay, but I'm not sure if I should get something different.
Old 2008-11-26, 22:33   Link #8854
DDaw735

Im new here but i just wanted a opinion on this color scheme for a mg strike freedom.http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7...51947t4tz6.jpg
DDaw735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 23:00   Link #8855
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDaw735 View Post
Im new here but i just wanted a opinion on this color scheme for a mg strike freedom.http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7...51947t4tz6.jpg
[IMG][/IMG]

You meant a Strike Freedom like this one.It look awesome & unique,who will ever think to paint SFreedom with gold color.
Old 2008-11-26, 23:07   Link #8856
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Unsurprisingly, MG Zeta Gundam Ver 2.0 HD version

http://www.1999.co.jp/10081017
Old 2008-11-26, 23:30   Link #8857
DDaw735

I know the gold has been done before. But the strike freedom is a nice model with bad colors. I was inspired by that guy though.
DDaw735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 23:51   Link #8858
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Unsurprisingly, MG Zeta Gundam Ver 2.0 HD version

http://www.1999.co.jp/10081017
Huh,Bandai release another Zeta MG? I was hoping they release another kit like MG Zaku from SEED with complete back pack line up,Hospital Zaku MG or maybe Hazel Custom MG.

Hopefully Bandai come to their senses & release MG Verde Buster,MG Blu Duel,MG Red Frame(complete with Mars Jacket) & MG Blue Frame 3rd form.They want to milk more money with same kit over & over again.
Old 2008-11-27, 01:09   Link #8859
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I doubt there will be any more MG from the Seed line

Anyway, anyone knows about this?
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN955494

Looks interesting
Old 2008-11-27, 03:22   Link #8860
jackyng222

The seed line is pretty strong so I don't think Bandai will stop the line anytime soon. There is still the legend gundam for the completion of those battles (IJ vs. Des, SF vs. Legend). Also the MG impulse gundam, they might milk the sword and blast packs. Maybe even an MG Justice of Savior? Who knows, but just like how the old gundams are being MGed, Seed would probably be the same too.
jackyng222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy