AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-30, 07:43   Link #9341
arson88

Full Tuning might be with Aleister..
Maybe Himegami or Maika feeds Index everyday
Old 2011-03-30, 08:19   Link #9342
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
...Full-Tuning... in whose harem will she end up in?
Accelerator's obviously.

Quote:
And Index... how does she survive without anyone to cook for her and without common sense to get food by other means?
Maika?
Old 2011-03-30, 08:51   Link #9343
UNDER_LINE

Quote:
Great discussions here, but we are forgetting a very important question here that needs to be discussed...

I'm betting Heaven Canceller.
Old 2011-03-30, 09:44   Link #9344
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Helloooooo, Nurse Misaka?
Old 2011-03-30, 11:39   Link #9345
tsunade666

After reading the latest translation. For me it looks like the Author is stressing on the role of a hero.

From a villain, hero and a what...... partner of the hero? I can't pin point the place for hamazura. Maybe his just a sub character just like what he believe.

Accelerator and Shiage are always pondering on their own problems while Touma just go with it and no questions ask. They clearly draw the line of an ideal hero.

In the title for the chapter 4 on NT. Even if he does not become a hero - Knight.
So Hamazurarara and Angelerator are the knights and Touma is still the hero because ultimately. his still the one who saves Fremea and Shiage from the final attack -_-

I wonder when will those 2 guys be leveled up into Touma's level of being a hero.
Old 2011-03-30, 11:50   Link #9346
WiliamZ0

Unlike Touma who don't have anything that shackles him.
Accelerator and Shiage have them ...
And this is one concept that make me like TAMnI ... really ...
Old 2011-03-30, 11:53   Link #9347
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Theories about that:
1. In ToAru Universe, power of the hero depends on the size of his harem.
Since Touma's harem is OVER 9000!!!!, he will eternally be the main hero!

2. Touma just came to show everyone that he is alive, will break some bread and return to Heaven, leaving his apostles to inherit him

Jokes aside, Touma doesn't steal as much spotlight as he did before and these two already do feel very much like protagonists IMO
Old 2011-03-30, 12:06   Link #9348
tsunade666

yes, Indeed. Accelerator and Hamazura are protagonists too. That's why they are called the three heroes. But in the eye of the author. Accelerator and Hamazura are still going on and on about being a hero. Still had doubts and fear and still view Touma as a hero even though they themselves are also a hero.

Shiage and Accelerator should be more proud on the things they overcome and stop going on and on about the hero thing. In their own eyes they might be unworthy but to the people they protect they are already heroes.

Quote:
Jokes aside, Touma doesn't steal as much spotlight as he did before and these two already do feel very much like protagonists IMO
Well calling it not stealing the spotlight is..... well the thing is. When all seems end because accelerator got a bit careless and also shiage too. They thought that the blackumineko girl ( I just can't remember her name or spell it) is already defeated so they let their guard down. And that's when black umineko girl attacks with thousands of her spear and aims at fremea and shiage. And if that connects it's a sure kill. But guess what. Without even hints. Just like in the battle with Aqua. It's just feels the same. The attack didn't connect and it vanish and the one responsible is the guy that just said that he just arrive or comes back.

Isn't that scene major stealing of spotlight. So when the author said that it's a world where their is no hero but in the end. The hero still saves the day.
Old 2011-03-30, 12:09   Link #9349
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer. = Shaige
Old 2011-03-30, 12:15   Link #9350
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
After reading the latest translation. For me it looks like the Author is stressing on the role of a hero.

From a villain, hero and a what...... partner of the hero? I can't pin point the place for hamazura. Maybe his just a sub character just like what he believe.

Accelerator and Shiage are always pondering on their own problems while Touma just go with it and no questions ask. They clearly draw the line of an ideal hero.

In the title for the chapter 4 on NT. Even if he does not become a hero - Knight.
So Hamazurarara and Angelerator are the knights and Touma is still the hero because ultimately. his still the one who saves Fremea and Shiage from the final attack -_-

I wonder when will those 2 guys be leveled up into Touma's level of being a hero.
Sigh, I know Kamachi likes to explore around the idea of different heroes, and honestly I think he did a good job as never before was I intrigue by the title 'Hero' and what it means, as I did in Toaru.

But... For crying out loud, when is he going to explore the idea of being a HEROINE Despite out numbering the guys and in many cases, wield more firepower, the heroines have been severely under represented in Index aside from their story arc, and maybe 1 additional volume. Almost all of the real heavy lifting is being carried out by the three protagonists.

I suspect Mugino would become another benchwarmer since she's a heroine now instead of a villainess. Yes, only bad girls get any action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer. = Shaige
"The opposite of fear is not courage, but faith."

Got it from a TV show once, never forgotten it.
Old 2011-03-30, 12:37   Link #9351
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sigh, I know Kamachi likes to explore around the idea of different heroes, and honestly I think he did a good job as never before was I intrigue by the title 'Hero' and what it means, as I did in Toaru.

But... For crying out loud, when is he going to explore the idea of being a HEROINE Despite out numbering the guys and in many cases, wield more firepower, the heroines have been severely under represented in Index aside from their story arc, and maybe 1 additional volume. Almost all of the real heavy lifting is being carried out by the three protagonists.
I also agree that the word HERO in tamni verse is really fascinating. In normal norms. The word hero is often heard in fairy tails and kids stuff but it's not been stretched out to this point. Index verse Expand it and shows different faces of a hero. A hero that falls and falter. Succumb to weakness and even be afraid. It also shows your typical shounen hero. It shows lots of side and it's a fun to read them all.

As for the heroine.... do we need them I'm fine with them being left in the damsel in distress part.

Though I still like to see Silvia torment Olerus. Silvia should teach the little girl heroines on how to handle their guy.
Old 2011-03-30, 12:59   Link #9352
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I also agree that the word HERO in tamni verse is really fascinating. In normal norms. The word hero is often heard in fairy tails and kids stuff but it's not been stretched out to this point. Index verse Expand it and shows different faces of a hero. A hero that falls and falter. Succumb to weakness and even be afraid. It also shows your typical shounen hero. It shows lots of side and it's a fun to read them all.
In a barely related topic, I'm surprised that nobody made an AMV using the song 'Eiyuu' by DOA, I thought it would be perfect for this series (The english translation can be quite cheesy, so pay no attention to it )

In any case, I realized why Touma as the 'perfect hero' works because he's actually a weak person. Had he been a powerful character that only gets more stronger, then I would have a hard time accepting him as such.

Quote:
As for the heroine.... do we need them I'm fine with them being left in the damsel in distress part.

Though I still like to see Silvia torment Olerus. Silvia should teach the little girl heroines on how to handle their guy.
In a way, I suppose it's refreshing for a series that have more female characters, while the focus is actually on the guys.

As it stands, the real separation between Index and Railgun isn't magic and science, but Heroes and Heroines
Old 2011-03-30, 13:43   Link #9353
Miraluka
Banned

Chapter 4 part 15 updated by Js06

Chapter 5 Part2 updated by Teh Ping
Old 2011-03-30, 13:44   Link #9354
tsunade666

Quote:
'Eiyuu' by DOA,
In a way, I suppose it's refreshing for a series that have more female characters, while the focus is actually on the guys.
As it stands, the real separation between Index and Railgun isn't magic and science, but Heroes and Heroines

Eiyuu? I haven't played much DOA except the on in the psp with the bikini and swimsuit stuff of DOA

I wills search Eiyuu in the net to see ti for myself.

Now the separating matters in index and railgun is the guys being Touma as their Idol. Even Styl has troubles too and feel happy that the perfect hero Touma still fail sometimes. While in the eyesight of Accelerator Touma is the ginga bishounen and as for Shiage. His the guy that correct him with a punch in the face Without Touma he probably wouldn't ended up with a girl. Even Quatzl is happy to see Touma protect the girl his dreaming to protect. Fiamma will be another one that will idolized Touma. And Aqua is bro with Touma

As for the Railgun... well the girls..... heroine doing k-on stuff or I mean girl talk and ....well do more girl talk
Old 2011-03-30, 13:46   Link #9355
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Isn't that scene major stealing of spotlight. So when the author said that it's a world where their is no hero but in the end. The hero still saves the day.
In the sense of "a world without Kamijou Touma" he actually pretty much fulfilled, because absolutely everything that's going on, from the actual motivations of the villains and the main characters nothing has Touma as it's center.

Also, no one has mentioned that Touma doesn't think of himself as a hero, and has even said things like "I'll become a hero if needed" throughout the story, just like Shiage and Accelerator.

Quote:
Great discussions here, but we are forgetting a very important question here that needs to be discussed...

Shiage, that way every main character will get their much needed Misaka dose.

BTW, part 2 of chapter 5 of NT1 was uploaded in baka tsuki
Old 2011-03-30, 13:56   Link #9356
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
In the sense of "a world without Kamijou Touma" he actually pretty much fulfilled, because absolutely everything that's going on, from the actual motivations of the villains and the main characters nothing has Touma as it's center.
Hmm, still it's not any different than a world with Kamijou Touma. In a sense it means Kamijou Touma isn't that important at all that the world couldn't function like it did before, but it makes me wonder why Kamachi would present this new story with a caption like [A world without kamijou Touma] if he wasn't going to capitialize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Also, no one has mentioned that Touma doesn't think of himself as a hero, and has even said things like "I'll become a hero if needed" throughout the story, just like Shiage and Accelerator.
Because we haven't seen him say "I'll become a villain if that's what it takes".

And no guys, I don't mean he's being possessed by an evil force in the Universe. But by his own free will and as himself decide, if that's what it takes to save a girl (you KNOW it's always about a girl) he would go against the greater good.
Old 2011-03-30, 14:44   Link #9357
tsunade666

Quote:
And no guys, I don't mean he's being possessed by an evil force in the Universe. But by his own free will and as himself decide, if that's what it takes to save a girl (you KNOW it's always about a girl) he would go against the greater good.
Reminds me of fanfic that really burned my guts inside out. I can't stop laughing just remembering it. The fanfic about Index and her father Aleister and mother Laura and Touma meeting index's parents.

What if he really starts to outcast himself this time around. This event though I'm not sure because it's a computer translated (let's wait for official translation) but he said he just comes back to end this war.

To me. It looks like he doesn't even intend to come back at all. And what if. He ended up fighting the necesarius. As he stands now that the magic side is preparing to attack the academy city. I wonder where will kamijou touma stand in this war. Will he be playing a major role on it or will he be over shadowed by shiage and accelerator? And it looks like he also didn't meet up with any members of necesarius and index in the time his gone.

I wonder whats his doing all those time. Even if it's a short time like a week or two. But many people cared for him and isn't it natural to stay in touch with them specially because they are worried. But he didn't do such thing.
Old 2011-03-30, 14:50   Link #9358
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
The fanfic about Index and her father Aleister and mother Laura and Touma meeting index's parents.
That alone makes me scared.
Old 2011-03-30, 15:12   Link #9359
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Read the latest parts-

Again, Dragon Rider is a living monster! If Shiage had the before, so many things would have been easier for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Oh, and I'll add some parts I found the love letter SS to be great:

Spoiler for lulz:
Hah, so much for your 'Iron Wall' girl, Xellos
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-03-30, 15:46   Link #9360
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Oh, and I'll add some parts I found the love letter SS to be great:

Spoiler for lulz:
The love letter side story sounds awesome.
This needs to be animated as an OVA or included in season 3 of the anime.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen