AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-09-05, 06:18   Link #181
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
oh no....naruto gots a trick in his head.....he said,"maybe I can do it now".....do what exactly? no idea......but it will lead to something awesome i bet.....or crappy....only 2 choices lol

and what happened to the seal on narutos belly? its not there anymore.....does it vanish when hes rocking the sage arts?
Old 2008-09-05, 06:29   Link #182
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
oh no....naruto gots a trick in his head.....he said,"maybe I can do it now".....do what exactly? no idea......but it will lead to something awesome i bet.....or crappy....only 2 choices lol

and what happened to the seal on narutos belly? its not there anymore.....does it vanish when hes rocking the sage arts?
I'm thinking he means the Shuriken Move
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 07:31   Link #183
Gradlein
The Lazy Scholar

Send a message via Yahoo to Gradlein
Quote:
Holy crap. You're right! I didn't notice that the seal on his belly wasn't there anymore.
Gradlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 07:33   Link #184
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Naruto's going to read a book? That'll be for the very first time then! If his clones actually start to read things at the same time he'd gain ALOT of knowlegde which he has always lacked..he knows how to use his clones but unfortunately he doesnt think of that..
I'm curious what kind of knowledge Naruto will gain from reading a novel. It's not like that book teaches a certain kind of jutsu or anything, but maybe it'll inspire Naruto in some way.

Quote:
Good question. It's not normally there unless Naruto is drawing out chakra. Right now, Naruto's using Natural chakra rather than his own so it makes sense for the seal not to be there. However, it wasn't there when Naruto was training to control the Wind element with Kakashi and Yamato. It's just a minor inconsistency that can easily be overlooked. It never bothered me much.

EDIT:

Spoiler for Scans:

Last edited by Tsuyoshi; 2008-09-05 at 07:43.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 07:38   Link #185
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Naruto's going to read a book? That'll be for the very first time then! If his clones actually start to read things at the same time he'd gain ALOT of knowlegde which he has always lacked..he knows how to use his clones but unfortunately he doesnt think of that..
Naruto's wants to lead...not to read.

Quote:
Naruto's seal has never been visible normally. Usually it only appears when someone is about to tamper with it like Oro or Jiraiya. It's probably supposed to represent that these character can "see" or sense the seal. Like how the Death God is visible to the reader and the user of the jutsu but no one else.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 07:52   Link #186
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
If it was something anyone could use, and everyone does use it in Bleach, why doesn't anyone use it in Naruto? The only two people who have used it throughout the entire series are Yondaime and Sasuke. There's a reason Yondaime was known as the Yellow Flash, and even Yamato was staring in wide-eyed shock when Sasuke virtually teleported right next to Naruto in Oro's lair. The Shunshin no Jutsu has to be more complicated than you're making it out to be.
Only Sasuke and Yondaime? Hardly, the first time we saw Shunshin in action it was done by Haku after her took Zabuza's body. We've seen tons of uses of Shunshin after that. Every time a character goes 'poof' that's also a Shunshin.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 08:08   Link #187
rokoko
rokoko

is karin dead?
rokoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 08:09   Link #188
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Only Sasuke and Yondaime? Hardly, the first time we saw Shunshin in action it was done by Haku after her took Zabuza's body. We've seen tons of uses of Shunshin after that. Every time a character goes 'poof' that's also a Shunshin.
Who are all these other characters you're referring to? I highly doubt Sakura used Shunshin while using Kawarimi against one of those sound nins during the Chuunin Exam. Rock Lee certainly can't use it. In any case, only a few people can use the Shunshin, and if there are indeed more than just the two I mentioned, all of them are high level ninja. It isn't nearly as popular as you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokoko View Post
is karin dead?
Apparently not. Sasuke took the flames out and Hawk took her, so I would guess she's alive if just barely.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 08:17   Link #189
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
what just can possibly need so much chakara? it can be one of the fourth's technique i don't think even he had such vast chakra reserves, and even if he did a technique that takes so much energy. i can't imagine what that justsu is, i have a bad feeling it might just be ultimate resengan i hope its not.

btw mods will get mad at you for posting those links mangaboy01

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 08:18   Link #190
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So...I guess Suigetsu is dead...maybe?
I don't know, Juugo, took him away from danger, and in the last chapter, he only seem out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
whos' raikage? kinda confused why one of the guys said they defeated the uchiha. i though the leaf annihilated uchiha?
Raikage?? well, that's a old poster that doesnt post around Naruto forum anymore....

Kyu

I don't know, If Im not mistaken Naruto's seal is becomes visible when he uses up a lot of Kyubi Chakra, when Oro first saw it, he sort of said it.
Old 2008-09-05, 08:23   Link #191
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
Who are all these other characters you're referring to? I highly doubt Sakura used Shunshin while using Kawarimi against one of those sound nins during the Chuunin Exam. Rock Lee certainly can't use it. In any case, only a few people can use the Shunshin, and if there are indeed more than just the two I mentioned, all of them are high level ninja. It isn't nearly as popular as you think.
Haku, Kakashi, Kabuto, Orochimaru, Gaara, the list goes on and on. Shunshin no justu isn't some elite technique, it's only D-rank last I checked:
  • Name: Shunshin no Jutsu, 瞬身の術, literally "Body Flicker Technique", dubbed "Teleportation Technique"
  • Type: D-rank, Supplementary
  • Users: Most, if not all ninja above Genin level
This jutsu is a high-speed movement technique, allowing a ninja to move short-long distances at an almost untraceable speed. To an observer, it appears as if the user has teleported. A puff of smoke is occasionally used to disguise the user's movements. It is accomplished by using chakra to temporarily boost the user's reflexes. The amount of chakra required depends on the overall distance between the user and their intended destination. Shisui Uchiha, one of the most talented Uchiha, was feared as "Shisui of the Body Flicker" ("Shunshin no Shisui"), likely referring to this technique.

The Body Flicker technique has various variations among the different hidden villages, all of which involve some extra element aside from the movement itself. The extra element is usually some sort of substance used to distract the opponent, such as leaves or sand. Gaara, for instance, uses the "Sand Body Flicker" (砂瞬身, Suna-Shunshin), which uses sand to cover his movements. Other varieties include the "Mist Body Flicker" (霧瞬身, Kiri-Shunshin), "Water Body Flicker" (水瞬身, Mizu-Shunshin), and "Leaf Body Flicker" (木ノ葉瞬身, Konoha-Shunshin).
Old 2008-09-05, 08:35   Link #192
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I don't know, If Im not mistaken Naruto's seal is becomes visible when he uses up a lot of Kyubi Chakra, when Oro first saw it, he sort of said it.
Yeah? I had forgotten. That's weird since he wasn't using the Kyuubi chakra when the seal was visible for Jiraiya. Maybe it does actually become visible when Naruto uses chakra.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 08:36   Link #193
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Freedan, Shunshin is a D-ranked jutsu known and used by all ninja. Basically it's only the action to concentrate chakra into your legs to increase your speed.
Sasuke just so happen to be particularly adept at using it in combat but he isn't the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokoko View Post
is karin dead?
No, neither is Suigetsu.
Quote:
Sasuke's new ability is interesting, if a little pointless. It is nice that he can put out the Amaterasu flame, but, besides saving Karin (which was a good if very strange emotional moment), I have to wonder how helpful such a difference is.
It's a new ability for Sasuke who is still learning to use and control his MS but Itachi was able to do that as well, he put out the flame on Sasuke's abandoned body and probably did the same after he escaped Jiraiya jutsu. It's far from pointless, look at the region surrounding the Uchiha fight after they both collapsed, they were surrounded by an ocean of flames quickly spreading, it's best to be able control the power you are using when the damn thing can spread on everything it touches and when a mere touch can be the end of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
1) itachi chose to run away from jiraiya instead of using amaterasu as an instant win. Also consider that itachi's amaterasu didn't burn down the whole house despite the residual flamers. Its similar to the paradox of how you contain a substance that can dissolve everything.

2) itachi uses it vs sasuke and it's easily dodged. Itachi doesn't even consider it his real trump card to boot! Susanoo is his instant win, not amaterasu

3) Sasuke uses it on Madara and he somehow escapes. Madara didn't seem too impressed either
1/Itachi didn't want to fight Jiraiya in the first place neither did he want to capture Naruto, did you already forget he actually gad Konoha's best interest at heart?
2/ Sasuke didn't dodge Amaterasu and Itachi didn't want to kill him anyway.
3/ Madara was actually impressed by Itachi's foreshowing, he just so happen to be ridiculously overpowered himself and an EMS user to boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
This is unexpected. Didn't Hunter predict that 8-tails will not be beaten by an end-of-the-chapter used-before amaratsu?
Heh, Hunter isn't Kishimoto, it doesn't happen often but sometimes he is wrong
Case in point my best bet would have had this fight ended 2 chapters ago because I didn't think it would be used to further Sasuke's path on acknowledging friendly bounds instead of merely hype up his MS use.
Similarly while I correctly thought Amaterasu would be used to devour the chakra shroud I thought Sasuke would be using something new to wrap up the fight whereas this something new was finally the control of the flame instead of another jutsu entirely. I'm still surprised by that though, it really does not happen often that used jutsu make a "final attack comeback".
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 08:38   Link #194
elusive

Quote:
Actually, just to clarify, Hiraishin no Jutsu is some sort of Space-Time manipulation jutsu (similar to Madara's ability) that may be related to summoning or something currently unknown. So, it is not an elemental jutsu.

That being said, Jiraiya was never once mentioned as knowing the technique, so I doubt he and Naruto could have uncovered it during their 2.5 years of training.
no one knew kakashi knew rasengan either. the 4th passed on the death god and rasengan. it's obvious he would leave his trademark jutsu behind w/someone in case he was killed. not to mention that w/the tags, he probably never completed it. naruto will complete it just as he's completing rasengan. the final jutsu won't rely on kunai tags, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradlein View Post
'That' jutsu seems to be Kyuubi related based on this conversation:

Spoiler:
that still leads to a jutsu that needed a massive amount of chakra not the kyuubi shroud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't see what he would gain by learning this Jutsu.
Okay, he could warp around the battlefield, surprising his enemies, but he already does this by using Kage Bunshins.
Maybe it's something like the Deathgod-Sealing-Jutsu, just that the user doesn't die using it.
kage bunshins do not warp. there's a reason the 4th got his nickname and feared reputation from that jutsu. it's that strong.

a death god jutsu could be possible as it was the 4th's jutsu so he would pass it to his son eventually. it's not naruto's style but if the self sacrifice can be avoided it maybe the strongest jutsu we've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
looks like the book given to naruto is the book where naruto got his name from. maybe he'll find a note in there that will make him realize he is the fourth's son. maybe a note from jiraiya minato saying congradulations on your baby thank you for calling him naruto or something
it would make sense for the toads to tell him seeing as how they are the closest ones to jiraiya, minato, and naruto. unless kushina shows up no one else is fit to tell him. the toads are part of the family by now. it would also inspire naruto before he takes on pein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaboy001 View Post
the Raikage is def gonna start a war with konoha because im sure he knows the UChiha are from konoha so lets see how that turns out..and what happened to suigetsu???? where did he go? his he dead or jus fatally wounded?
no. they know sasuke is with akatsuki and they are not affiliated with a village. it makes no sense to attack the leaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
yondaime wasn't using simple shunshin. his and madara's jutsu are on a totally different level.
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 09:03   Link #195
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
yondaime wasn't using simple shunshin. his and madara's jutsu are on a totally different level.
I'm well aware of that, I was merely commenting on Freedan's comment. I know the basics of Hiraishin, and I certainly hope that 'that' jutsu is Hiraishin, if only so that we can actually see it in action for once.
Old 2008-09-05, 09:07   Link #196
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

There is almost no chance of that, apparently this jutsu requires a massive amount of jutsu, it's probably the reason Jiraiya started playing with the seal to allow Naruto to use more chakra -which considering the amount of chakra Naruto casually uses is a real testimony to how massive we are talking about here- but it blew into their face with Naruto loosing control of the Kyubi chakra and Naruto was thus seemingly forbidden to try this jutsu.

With Senjutsu it gives him a potentially limitless source of chakra which wouldn't drive him berserk and he will be able to pull this of.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 09:25   Link #197
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I know, its just wishfull thinking on my part.

I do wonder though, did Minato ever learn the hermit arts?
Old 2008-09-05, 09:37   Link #198
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
LOL at the Itachi fight injuries comments. The only time Sasuke was hurt in this fight was because of Amaterasu and he negated it with Oral rebirth. But I guess one shooting the second strongest entity of the Narutoverse wasn't enough, Kishi had to give an excuse to Sasuke for having been hurt during the fight.

And Senjutsu is seriously getting retarded. I guess it's Kishi's way to keep Naruto the way he wants him to be. Lot of raw power and stamina and zero skill. And fast healing because since he has zero skill, he is always getting hurt. There won't be a difference between the tails and senjutsu.
Sage powers are built on concentration so its a change for naruto.....
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 09:42   Link #199
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yeah? I had forgotten. That's weird since he wasn't using the Kyuubi chakra when the seal was visible for Jiraiya. Maybe it does actually become visible when Naruto uses chakra.
Yeah, But Jiriaya did ask Naruto to mold chakra, and after this it became visible, so, I would like to think that The Seal becomes visible to anyone, but the conditions to why it becomes visible is another thing.

Talking abaout the chapter, I wonder if Naruto is going to learn about his roots in this book...
Old 2008-09-05, 10:00   Link #200
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Talking abaout the chapter, I wonder if Naruto is going to learn about his roots in this book...
That is a given (unless the story is forced to skip that), after seeing that the main character of the book shares the same name with him. It will be a big surprise even for Naruto to make him notice.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote