AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-09-23, 12:32   Link #481
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It seems 07th Expansion has seen and approved all the new sprites.

Yeah, like they approved the Anime, doesn't means anything honestly.

Chie's face looks pretty good, WAY better than the horrible huge eyes of Alchemist, tough I'm having too something that looks wrong to me about the whole head, but don't really know what, maybe that's just because I'm not used to it.

The sexynesss adds for his crotch (and to a lesser extent her breasts) are totally unnecessary and unlogical on the other hand, it's like she's not wearing any pants. I'll probably just modify that a bit so see how it would look, I'll see.

Another note is that the artist REALLY is straight copying the Alchemist sprites now, seriously ? It's exactly the same besides for the head.

And I don't really get why they're trying so hard to show us Takano in last. With some luck, it would be because they're just keeping the best one in last...
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 14:00   Link #482
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Or keep the worse for last... wonder what Takano's eyes and nose will be. Before this week I didn't really care but now with the controversy, I am more curious maybe just for laughs. Why not do your idea how bad its might be by using alchemist with the artist's known issue touches ^_^ Then see if it will be right
Old 2014-09-23, 14:30   Link #483
TheGuraGuraMan

Some of the changes may be more related to personal tastes, made her hairs and eyes a bit more darker and removed her blush. Felt like the "too many" details on the neck felt weird, so tried to remove those to see how it looks. Anf of course, removed the useless sexyness adds.

Quote:
Or keep the worse for last...
Yeah, I know, and considering it's Takano, I'm afraid the ecchis modifications might be even more stupid than the rest. I hope they'll keep the vanilla suit also.
Old 2014-09-23, 14:34   Link #484
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
Some of the changes may be more related to personal tastes, made her hairs and eyes a bit more darker and removed her blush. Felt like the "too many" details on the neck felt weird, so tried to remove those to see how it looks. Anf of course, removed the useless sexyness adds.
Good improvements.

TheGuraGuraMan when Tanako's sprite has been released are you planning to send an new image with potential improvements to MangaGamer?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 14:38   Link #485
TheGuraGuraMan

Well, could just update the previous request image with Tomitake, Chie, and maybe Takano, I'll see, tough I don't really see them modifying Chie's scrotch for example...
Old 2014-09-23, 14:51   Link #486
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Well, could just update the previous request image with Tomitake, Chie, and maybe Takano, I'll see, tough I don't really see them modifying Chie's scrotch for example...
You never know, but I agree, they probably won't.

Edit: Oh yeah, for some reason I forgot that you always tweet all your modifications. Because of that MangaGamer will maybe already have seen your suggestions and an image with all the suggestions won't be necessary.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-09-23 at 15:01.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 18:38   Link #487
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko

And here's Takanoooo~

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 20:14   Link #488
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post

And here's Takanoooo~
...I have really liked every one of the MangaGamer sprites... Until now. Takano just... Doesn't look like Takano. Her outfit looks ridiculously uncomfortable to wear, and her face is so... Sharp, angular, and nowhere near droopy enough... The character I was looking forward to the most is the only one I can't stand... Typical.
Old 2014-09-23, 22:49   Link #489
magnum12

Well, seems the Takano sprite is just asking to spoil some pretty major twists for the new readers, especially the more savvy ones.

Heck, the anime depiction which was much less obvious than this sprite was causing my "detect evil" sense to go off early into the series.

On another topic, I hope Steam gets the content from the other games, especially so western readers can for the first time stateside can see

Spoiler for spoilers for DS version:
Old 2014-09-24, 02:09   Link #490
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Ohohohoho! I love it x.x
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 05:42   Link #491
Lawfer

Quote:
"I'll just be grateful that there is an English Higurashi in the first place"

I would think the same if I was in your case, that's way better than nothing.

I just don't agree about the fact that Mangagamer made everything perfect like you said, and I'm explaining why. Sorry for being too honest here.
Don't you find frustrating that one person made a better job than a whole company releasing on a platform like Steam ? The release still won't have many parts of the original content, it won't be available on Mac and Linux either, and I highly doubt their translation will manage to be better than the Pbsaffran made, even if it will be obviously good. Tough his translation is quite outstanding, easily the best one I ever read by far, so actually, it's shouldn't really be called a good example here.

I'm giving arguments for what I'm complaining about, even if I may sound harsh, you don't have to take it that bad, you doesn't even really try to explain why I could be wrong either, besides "muh opinion".

Also, you can't deny that I've indeed been working quite a lot to fix the many problems of the new sprites for this release, that would quite rude to say I'm just shitting on it.
I had a question, I know you are working on a patch for the french version of the game, but I am curious about something, on your twitter you posted pictures with english in them, see here:

Are you working on an english patch version as well?

I am just curious, I can read french however and if you say that the french version is that good I definitly will get the french version patch instead of waiting on Mangamer reatranslation or When They Translation translation, there is quite a bit of different projects around Higurashi (When They Translate, Higurashi fix, Mangagamer retranslation, Higurashi Festival etc)

Right now I am playing Umineko with UmiTweak patch (the closest thing to the Playstation 3 version in english as its going to get, at least for now. I was planning on waiting for the 1080p release that they announced here: http://uminekofix.wikia.com/wiki/Use.../Exciting_News , but it could take awhile or worse be abruptely cancelled like the Umineko Hane and Tsubasa HD projects), so basically I want to play Higurashi the closest I would play it on Playstation 2 if it were in a language I can read, for that reason your patch seem to be the closest thing to that (except for the voices, playstation 2 music and moving lips which so far from what I gather dont seem to have been included in your patches?).

Last edited by Lawfer; 2014-09-24 at 06:12.
Lawfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 06:14   Link #492
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I was planning on waiting for the 1080p release that they announced here: http://uminekofix.wikia.com/wiki/Use.../Exciting_News , but it could take awhile or worse be abruptely cancelled like the Umineko Hane and Tsubasa HD projects
It will not be canceled. The project is being worked on daily and will take quite some time. It's not a mere 1080p release, it's a port of PS3 to PC. Translation is also going to be new.
Old 2014-09-24, 06:18   Link #493
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
It will not be canceled. The project is being worked on daily and will take quite some time. It's not a mere 1080p release, it's the port of PS3 to PC. Translation is also going to be new.
Yes I am aware that is a Playstation 3 port on PC, I just said it was 1080p to make things simpler. I hiwever wasnt aware that it was being retranslated, I thought you were going to use the Witch Hunt script and fix up things here and there?
Old 2014-09-24, 06:22   Link #494
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I hiwever wasnt aware that it was being retranslated, I thought you were going to use the Witch Hunt script and fix up things here and there?
That was the initial idea but the translator decided to do a lot more than that. The WH script is still the base, though.

Last edited by Levani; 2014-09-24 at 07:41.
Old 2014-09-24, 06:37   Link #495
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
That was the initial idea but the translator decided to do a lot more than that.
Thanks for the info I wasnt aware, so it will definitly take quite some time to get released if they are going for a retranslation too (Umineko has alot of text).
Old 2014-09-24, 07:19   Link #496
GrAVit

Well, the new Takano sprite's face looks a bit odd, but otherwise I think it's fine.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 08:16   Link #497
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfer View Post
I had a question, I know you are working on a patch for the french version of the game, but I am curious about something, on your twitter you posted pictures with english in them, see here:

Are you working on an english patch version as well?

I am just curious, I can read french however and if you say that the french version is that good I definitly will get the french version patch instead of waiting on Mangamer reatranslation or When They Translation translation, there is quite a bit of different projects around Higurashi (When They Translate, Higurashi fix, Mangagamer retranslation, Higurashi Festival etc)

Right now I am playing Umineko with UmiTweak patch (the closest thing to the Playstation 3 version in english as its going to get, at least for now. I was planning on waiting for the 1080p release that they announced here: http://uminekofix.wikia.com/wiki/Use.../Exciting_News , but it could take awhile or worse be abruptely cancelled like the Umineko Hane and Tsubasa HD projects), so basically I want to play Higurashi the closest I would play it on Playstation 2 if it were in a language I can read, for that reason your patch seem to be the closest thing to that (except for the voices, playstation 2 music and moving lips which so far from what I gather dont seem to have been included in your patches?).

Well, not exactly. To begin with, it was supposed to be used with the unnoficial translations of Futagochi and Baratomaya (when they translate).

Buuut Baratomaya stopped answering some times ago. And anyway, I'm not really sure about the point of his translation, because the steam retranslation of Mangagamer will most probably be better than Futagochi's and his.
Shouldn't ripping the Steam script and adapting the text on my version be a better idea ? Anyway, we would have to do it manually (by replacing each line of text), so wether it's by using a Onscripter based text and another one, there shouldn't be much difference.

At worst, if something happens and the english version of the project never manage to come out, I could at least maybe agree to let my data (new sprites, cgs and all) be used for a patch for the Steam game.

As for you, well, you should read the french translation if you can then, the quality is crazy awesome, there is almost no way the new Mangagamer's tl will be near its level.
Old 2014-09-24, 08:27   Link #498
Lawfer

Quote:
As for you, well, you should read the french translation if you can then, the quality is crazy awesome, there is almost no way the new Mangagamer's tl will be near its level.
I see, thank you for the reply.

So in the future for the french patches, do you have any plans of at some point including full-voice and moving lips like in the Playstation 2 version?

Voices are very important for me, I wouldnt be able to enjoy Umineko as I do now whitout the voices, moving lips would be a nice addition too if possible but not as important as voices.
Old 2014-09-24, 08:33   Link #499
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Voices are very important for me too. I'd take a voice patch over MangaGamer's new sprites any day. It really does leave a huge effect and gives you a completely new experience.
Old 2014-09-24, 09:12   Link #500
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfer View Post
I see, thank you for the reply.

So in the future for the french patches, do you have any plans of at some point including full-voice and moving lips like in the Playstation 2 version?

Voices are very important for me, I wouldnt be able to enjoy Umineko as I do now whitout the voices, moving lips would be a nice addition too if possible but not as important as voices.
The moving lips will never be added, simply because the Kizuna sprites obviously didn't have any.

The full voicing won't be done either, or at best, "I" will never do it. Keep in mind that Matsuribayashi and Saikoroshi have a partial voicing to be begin with, that's why I think it will have a better homogeneity if that's the case for the whole thing.
Anyway, I think the partial voicing for the important scenes is far enough.

Also, made a comparison for Chie's sprites, with, from left to right, Vanilla, MG's, fixed MG's, Alchemist's and fixed Alchemist's.

I'll most probably do a sprite comparison for Tomitake, Oishi and Takano too.