Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-22, 09:56   Link #1801
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

Like I said, I had no images to go by at the time of that post, lol.

Also.... that squid girl is kinda cute. Though it's a little odd that someone who looks like that is apparently in charge of a cooking project that literally involves people throwing their lives away.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 11:25   Link #1802
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Like I said, I had no images to go by at the time of that post, lol.
My bad, lol.

Quote:
Also.... that squid girl is kinda cute. Though it's a little odd that someone who looks like that is apparently in charge of a cooking project that literally involves people throwing their lives away.
She seems to be totally oblivious to what's happening on the other side. And I would tap her, too.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 17:59   Link #1803
Ladiusman

Nevermind, Toriko isn't going on hiatus after all. A translation error there.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 03:44   Link #1804
marvelB

345 be out!

Well, Frohze's spirit didn't stick around, but at least we got to learn about the cooking project in more detail, as well as get more info about how the spirit world works. And in the end, Komatsu cooks Air once again like a boss!
Old 2015-10-29, 04:08   Link #1805
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Komatsu cooking like a bawss indeed! That was fun

It's also amazing how the author tries to explain so many things with "science"...but now I am very curious to see how in the world anyone can catch another if it travels at FTL speed.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 04:23   Link #1806
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
345 be out!

Well, Frohze's spirit didn't stick around, but at least we got to learn about the cooking project in more detail, as well as get more info about how the spirit world works. And in the end, Komatsu cooks Air once again like a boss!
Personally i think it is Komatsu s food spirit.
Aniway Komatsu rekt all chefs once again lol
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 05:20   Link #1807
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Personally i think it is Komatsu s food spirit.
Aniway Komatsu rekt all chefs once again lol
we saw her as well possessing komatsu god cooking when he cooked air for the first time
Old 2015-11-05, 06:32   Link #1808
marvelB

346 is here!

So in a nutshell, everyone in Komatsu's gang are about to make preparations to cook Another. And conveniently, the spirit world makes it easier to prepare a dish that would otherwise take 600,000 years to make! So, the time is tickin' (or maybe not...?).

Also, liking the designs of those seven beasts. I especially like the turtle (reminds me of a giant Dry Bones) and that octopus. I kinda hope the gourmet knights vs. those seven monsters doesn't get off-screened, but considering THIS series' pacing....
Old 2015-11-05, 07:02   Link #1809
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yamatako no Orochi takes the cake for best name in the series As for gathering the materials...we've already seen the gorgolem and the giant clam, so I expect it to be a silent, two-page progression. The plot thickens once again, the time has come for Komatsu & co to cook for 600,000 years!!! I like the fact that nobody sticks to traditional ways of cooking and how there's always a way (that is usually found by Komatsu) to do things much faster and more efficiently. However, the question still remains: how will they ever hope to get a glimpse of another, it's basically a transcendental being that even a moving black hole can't capture :S
Old 2015-11-05, 07:49   Link #1810
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yamatako no Orochi takes the cake for best name in the series As for gathering the materials...we've already seen the gorgolem and the giant clam, so I expect it to be a silent, two-page progression. The plot thickens once again, the time has come for Komatsu & co to cook for 600,000 years!!! I like the fact that nobody sticks to traditional ways of cooking and how there's always a way (that is usually found by Komatsu) to do things much faster and more efficiently. However, the question still remains: how will they ever hope to get a glimpse of another, it's basically a transcendental being that even a moving black hole can't capture :S
>implying Another wont be the one tp find Komatsu
And no one commenting about Enma resembling a certain characther from a movie with his ghost ship?
Old 2015-11-05, 08:38   Link #1811
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Eh, he's a squid...and every badass character needs a beard, so I didn't give it much thought xD
Old 2015-11-05, 15:50   Link #1812
Breimn

And here is to you Mr.Enma :P
Spoiler for IMG:
Old 2015-11-05, 16:06   Link #1813
marvelB

Upon further consideration..... in a way, some of the monsters from this chapter kinda feel like parallels to the Four Beasts from a while back. I mean, two of that monster's "limbs" were also turtle and octopus-type monsters, even. Maybe Pandora and Yamatako Orochi are something like evolved forms of those "limb" monsters?
Old 2015-11-12, 14:36   Link #1814
marvelB

No discussion of the new chapter? Guess it's up to me to kick it off, as usual...

So, time for the seven beasts passes abnormally differently compared to Blue Grill (or the surface world, for that matter). Not like that's gonna stop the gourmet knights, though! As for Komatsu, I guess Chako's mom is gonna ask him to help her son in some way, I guess....
Old 2015-11-22, 08:21   Link #1815
marvelB

Been meaning to comment on the latest chapter, but the translation from my preferred group was delayed (and apparently, their releases will be delayed from now on, unfortunately.... oh well).

Anyway, it's finally time for all the chefs to visit the spirit world. And somehow Komatsu was already able to cook most of Acacia's full course before making the trip (in the past, I'd have figured that God would be the most difficult of the dishes to prepare.... but it looks like Another is just THAT special). I also kinda wish that we got to see the rest of the gourmet knights' encounters with those seven monsters, but it doesn't really surprise me that they were off-screened at this point. I at least hope that the capture/preparation of Another won't be so rushed.....
Old 2015-12-04, 19:01   Link #1816
marvelB

Well, to sum up the last couple chapters.... Komatsu's gang make it to the spirit world, they find Another, and they manage to cook it in much less time than usual (about 65 years compared to the stated 600 thousand). And apparently, Another chose Komatsu (who was assisted by Frohze's spirit) to be its cook. Well, I guess that just about wraps up the flashback, then. I at least hope we get a chapter or two of the Sunny/Livebearer team before the story shifts into turbo mode again....
Old 2015-12-04, 19:16   Link #1817
Homura7

I'm now more interested in Asarudy. His original self looks suspicously similar to a certain someone we know well, and it turns out that person is also searching for an ingredient that he hopes it will help him remember.

Know who I'm talking of?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 08:11   Link #1818
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Shokugeki no Soma (Cover and Lead Color)
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Assassination Classroom
Koroshiya Domino (One Shot, CP, 45p by Dainenpyou )
World Trigger
Haikyu!
Samon-kun the Summoner
Mononofu
The Disaster of PSI Kusuo Saiki
Buddy Strike
Kochikame
Gintama
Nisekoi
Bleach
Toriko
Isobe Isobee

Absent: One Piece

Preview issue 3-4/2016
Cover and LCP: Assassination Classroom
Haikyu, One Shot by Hiroshi Shiibashi and SANJO Riku
Wow...how the almighty had fallen....
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 18:07   Link #1819
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Wow...how the almighty had fallen....
Which one?
Old 2015-12-11, 19:58   Link #1820
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Which one?
Pretty sure i bolded Toriko in my list. 2nd dead last in japanese ranking.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen