Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2012-01-18, 09:19   Link #4681
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Thanks. Originally I did do that, but it was still too large. So I had to drop it down to 42, and then manually pick the right colors closest to their original color (for example, Rias' hair was almost Brunette in the final product, I had to change that )

NOTE: no Photoshop/Adobe products involved.
Well you did an awesome job on it! If DX doesn't use it I may but only with their permission and yours
Old 2012-01-18, 09:46   Link #4682
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
Well you did an awesome job on it! If DX doesn't use it I may but only with their permission and yours
Well my decision has already been made: I passed all rights to DX. Up to him for the final decision
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 12:14   Link #4683
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
You know, I did think my sig was impossible, it's the first time I made an animated sig with more than 3 frames Afterwards, I thought nothing is impossible until all the options have been tried:

Test uploaded to Animesuki and the file size is within the rules
That's what you originally envisioned, ja?(she's not very sharp because she's been zoomed out to the max to fit her glorious body) From 60+ frames, I had to go all the way down to my rule of 12 frames for an avatar. At 16 frames, I don't think it's impossible anymore
That looks great, thank you very much
Old 2012-01-19, 09:32   Link #4684
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Can anyone make a 100x100 avatar of this one? I only want Hina(the little girl). I hope the quality will remain the same Thanks.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 11:05   Link #4685
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post

Can anyone make a 100x100 avatar of this one? I only want Hina(the little girl). I hope the quality will remain the same Thanks.

Hopefully, one of them is what you were looking for.
Old 2012-01-19, 18:14   Link #4686
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

One request!
Highschool DxD Opening
Almost at the end where Akeno is stroking Issei's face.
Have it loop please
Its about between 1:12 and 1:13
Old 2012-01-19, 19:08   Link #4687
NeoChan
Banned

Hey, how do you make 12+ frames avatar or sigs without reaching the 50kb limit? What do you use?
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 23:12   Link #4688
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
It depends completely on what kind of GIF it is. If it has a lot of movements, it's harder. It should be obvious that you'll get the size down by sacrificing quality. There are other methods too .. Try reading some tutorials if you're interested.

That's for the avatars. There's no way you'll have a signature with 12 frames below 50kb unless it's basically just text changing.
Old 2012-01-20, 00:03   Link #4689
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
One request!
Highschool DxD Opening
Have it loop please
I hope this is what you're looking for:

De-texted for your enjoyment, though if you want more of the two of them in the frame, it's going to be a bit of a widescreen avatar and less detailed for her gentle, stroking hand....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
It depends completely on what kind of GIF it is. If it has a lot of movements, it's harder. It should be obvious that you'll get the size down by sacrificing quality. There are other methods too .. Try reading some tutorials if you're interested.
One thing most tutorials don't tell you is that animated GIF's filesizes are defined by 2 key points: the amount of colors, and the amount of frames (dimensions aren't a key important point merely because it's common sense that the smaller your image, the less colors there are due to crunching, thus the smaller its file size becomes). It's never about how much action occurs in the animation, but more about how you can balance both the colors and the amount of frames. As it stands, my rule of 12 frames is the basis for how far you can go while balancing colors and amount of frames. Of course skill helps too, as you can see in the avatar I made for the Kaboominator I tricked the viewers eyes when it comes to the looping, sure I threw away 2 key frames but what I did to make it loop works, at least to my tired eyes

Quote:
That's for the avatars. There's no way you'll have a signature with 12 frames below 50kb unless it's basically just text changing.
As you can see in my signature, it's 8 frames well within the file size limit. And that's with quite a lot of empty space in it I can spend much more time working on the color count and removing unneeded space, and increase the frame count, but what the heck, I got it to work XD

Last edited by mangatron; 2012-01-20 at 02:29. Reason: Just playing a mod :P
Old 2012-01-20, 00:21   Link #4690
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
One request!
Highschool DxD Opening
Have it loop please
Ah mangatron beat me. Anyways here's my version.
Old 2012-01-20, 01:44   Link #4691
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:

As you can see in my signature, it's 8 frames well within the file size limit. And that's with quite a lot of empty space in it I can spend much more time working on the color count and removing unneeded space, and increase the frame count, but what the heck, I got it to work XD
If it's not about the action, then please, by all means, reduce the following signature to AS safe. If successful, I'll worship you as the God of Signatures.

(I'm not sure how many frames this has though, can't remember, and can't check right now)

I think I typed that a bit wrong, I did mean mainly signatures (as above now), that have a lot of happening will never be made into 50kb or less if 12 frames. Also like you yourself said, you only have 8 frames, and it has a lot of empty space on it. Also I can clearly see it's bad quality. Of course anything can be fit into 50kb if you don't mind quality decreasing drastically.
Old 2012-01-20, 01:49   Link #4692
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

De-texted for your enjoyment, though if you want more of the two of them in the frame, it's going to be a bit of a widescreen avatar and less detailed for her gentle, stroking hand....

I was supposed to do a tutorial about this But I've only stuck to one very old program ever since my Windows 98 days: Ulead Gif Animator (look at the date it was added lol). It is the only light weight heavy featured program I ever encountered to do those awesome avatars and sigs I've made since then. Sure there might be better programs out there, but this is one old habit I don't want to stop (cont'd below)

One thing most tutorials don't tell you is that animated GIF's filesizes are defined by 2 key points: the amount of colors, and the amount of frames (dimensions aren't a key important point merely because it's common sense that the smaller your image, the less colors there are due to crunching, thus the smaller its file size becomes). It's never about how much action occurs in the animation, but more about how you can balance both the colors and the amount of frames. As it stands, my rule of 12 frames is the basis for how far you can go while balancing colors and amount of frames. Of course skill helps too, as you can see in the avatar I made for the Kaboominator I tricked the viewers eyes when it comes to the looping, sure I threw away 2 key frames but what I did to make it loop works, at least to my tired eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Ah mangatron beat me. Anyways here's my version.
Thanks Guy! I will take both since you spent your precious time on this!

And mangatron since when did you call me Kaboominator?
Old 2012-01-20, 02:08   Link #4693
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
Hey, how do you make 12+ frames avatar or sigs without reaching the 50kb limit? What do you use?
It says in the rules to not ask us what we used to make sigs and avatars. Sorry but you will have to ask that some place else.
Old 2012-01-20, 03:06   Link #4694
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
If it's not about the action, then please, by all means, reduce the following signature to AS safe. If successful, I'll worship you as the God of Signatures.

[IMG]*an image of shana on fire*[IMG]
(I'm not sure how many frames this has though, can't remember, and can't check right now)
Hmm. 13 frames with a height of 160, I never make sigs like that due to my constant use of 2 lines of text But, a challenge is a challenge, so here we go:

AS safe (45KB) <-> Original (359KB)

First of all, this is a slow motion scene. Slow motion scenes rely on a high number of frames to generate the slow motion effect. In order for me to make this AS safe, I had to cut the amount of frames to almost half, and of course edit the colors, and that's all Shana wrote

Say, my browser is playing these gifs erratically, if it looks weird to you, I suggest saving my version and opening it locally (like say, with Irfan.)

Quote:
I think I typed that a bit wrong, I did mean mainly signatures (as above now), that have a lot of happening will never be made into 50kb or less if 12 frames. Also like you yourself said, you only have 8 frames, and it has a lot of empty space on it. Also I can clearly see it's bad quality. Of course anything can be fit into 50kb if you don't mind quality decreasing drastically.
It's not so significant a drop in quality from the original scene:

As you can see 3 primary colors are the problem: blue, red, and light yellow. I mentioned in my previous post I made no effort to spend time on the colors, so maybe someday I would snap the colors to their original colors, and she'd be so fine

Last edited by mangatron; 2012-01-20 at 03:21.
Old 2012-01-20, 23:47   Link #4695
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
maybe try asking a site", (remember rule number 5 on this thread).

well this is my old way on how to optimize image especially animated gifs",

http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/
Old 2012-01-23, 16:32   Link #4696
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Can I request this?

Spoiler for avi:

Just a good size of the area where her face is. Also a red border please and dotted.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 18:32   Link #4697
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Series: Sora no Otoshimono Forte
Episode # : Episode 2
Time: 3:48 - 3:49 (when Nymph aka. the blue hair girl holds her right ear with her right hand, scanning something)

Just a static avatar of her with a blue frame.

Thank you. will definitely +rep for your work
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 19:30   Link #4698
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Can I request this?

Spoiler for avi:

Just a good size of the area where her face is. Also a red border please and dotted.

I feel like I made the border a little too thin, if you want it a little wider let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post

Series: Sora no Otoshimono Forte
Episode # : Episode 2
Time: 3:48 - 3:49 (when Nymph aka. the blue hair girl holds her right ear with her right hand, scanning something)

Just a static avatar of her with a blue frame.

Thank you. will definitely +rep for your work
I wanted to fit much of her hair into it, so it's 100x84:

at 100x100:

I used the same border color as your current avatar, if you don't mind
Old 2012-01-23, 20:49   Link #4699
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

I feel like I made the border a little too thin, if you want it a little wider let me know
Hmmm. I think now dotted is too girly for my tastes. Sorry if i shouldn't ask but can the border be like my current avi but red?

Also gonna rep you anyway.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 22:28   Link #4700
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Hmmm. I think now dotted is too girly for my tastes. Sorry if i shouldn't ask but can the border be like my current avi but red?

Also gonna rep you anyway.
Now that's more like it, aye?

Tags
animated gifs, animation, avatar, avatars, gifs, request