AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-22, 15:30   Link #821
ThoHell

Anyone else get the feeling this series is trying to convey a message about life? That life shouldn't be forever nor should anyone be immortal. Like the whole cycle of life thing and you should live to your fullest with the life you have. Their decaying is just like human aging. So like pretty much try to humanize robots or something. Anyone else think or feel this way or is it just me?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 15:32   Link #822
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Anyone else get the feeling this series is trying to convey a message about life? That life shouldn't be forever nor should anyone be immortal. Like the whole cycle of life thing and you should live to your fullest with the life you have. Their decaying is just like human aging. So like pretty much try to humanize robots or something. Anyone else think or feel this way or is it just me?
Yeah we do ---we talked about it during the first half of the series.
Old 2009-02-22, 15:35   Link #823
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah we do ---we talked about it during the first half of the series.
Oh, that was a long time ago. Didn't really start paying attention to the Casshern thread til of late. So, only a few more episodes to go, wonder what kind of ending we're going to get. I'm thinking of a passive ending, not good or bad just blah.....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 20:19   Link #824
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Spoiler for past:

the whole show is basically a metaphor about life. this was especially evident when Dune was covering the flowers.

anywho, the fight scene was beautifully animated, but the rest of the ep was fugly. i'm hoping the series can conclude strongly.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 20:33   Link #825
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Oh, that was a long time ago. Didn't really start paying attention to the Casshern thread til of late. So, only a few more episodes to go, wonder what kind of ending we're going to get. I'm thinking of a passive ending, not good or bad just blah.....

Or they could leave us hanging and finish it in an OVA.

Hard to believe that Oji is going to find a cure or that all problems are going to be solved in 6 episodes.
Old 2009-02-22, 21:44   Link #826
kyouray
2D > 3D

Just seen the 20th episode. Eunyoung Choi did really good work in this episode and the last sequence with Luna/Casshern is so beautiful. I don't like make many speculations so I prefer to say nothing and enjoy this show
Old 2009-02-22, 22:30   Link #827
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
anywho, the fight scene was beautifully animated, but the rest of the ep was fugly. i'm hoping the series can conclude strongly.
I actually thought the episode looked great in terms of visuals. It really captured the desolation of the scenes. That one shot of all the dead robots was especially something.

And the whole twist about Luna's true nature makes thing even more interesting than they were before.

Anyways I cannot wait for the OST
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 22:42   Link #828
Proudleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I actually thought the episode looked great in terms of visuals. It really captured the desolation of the scenes. That one shot of all the dead robots was especially something.

And the whole twist about Luna's true nature makes thing even more interesting than they were before.

Anyways I cannot wait for the OST
I think when he used "fugly" he was referring to the overall fluidity or consistency of the animation (which wasn't very good in episode 20). Meanwhile, the art was beautiful in the episode, and this includes the ethereal and almost cosmic backgrounds in the episode.

Regardless, it was still a good episode, and I'm looking forward to what happens next.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 22:48   Link #829
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudleaf View Post
I think when he used "fugly" he was referring to the overall fluidity or consistency of the animation (which wasn't very good in episode 20). Meanwhile, the art was beautiful in the episode, and this includes the ethereal and almost cosmic backgrounds in the episode.
Ah okay I can see that, I guess besides that fight scene there really wasn't a lot of movement in this episode. Although I don't really think the episode needed much to convey what it wanted to, so I guess they saved a little bit on the animation budget with this episode.
Old 2009-02-23, 04:17   Link #830
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Spoiler for Episode 18-19 Minor Cast listing:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 06:41   Link #831
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Hard to believe that Oji is going to find a cure or that all problems are going to be solved in 6 episodes.
It's not hard to believe. He's been gone for quite a bit already --- just count up the episodes.

Quote:
Ah okay I can see that, I guess besides that fight scene there really wasn't a lot of movement in this episode. Although I don't really think the episode needed much to convey what it wanted to, so I guess they saved a little bit on the animation budget with this episode.
I don't actually think a lot of movement is needed in this series, as shown in this episode and like you pointed out. Plus it helps having such stunning visuals to take our mind of it.

Is Yu Ominae ever going to stop posting credit shots and talk about the show?
Old 2009-02-23, 09:44   Link #832
coolvanillia

;O;
Hey guys
I love the music from casshern sins
is the OST alrady there?

does someone know where i can find it? ><
coolvanillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 09:46   Link #833
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvanillia View Post
;O;
Hey guys
I love the music from casshern sins
is the OST alrady there?

does someone know where i can find it? ><
Try browsing the thread first because we've been talking about it. You could even do a search.

Here, my post from a page back: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=804
Old 2009-02-23, 17:40   Link #834
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
After watching the first couple episodes I thought it was a show about how people view death actually. I really saw a metaphor between the robots having to learn to accept that they will die and how humans always know that they will. This show feels rather philosophical to me in some parts.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 18:02   Link #835
SageGaiGar
You are Next

That's what I like about the series along with the style of the art and music.

Raws for 21 are out now, checking now.

Spoiler for Quick impressions:

Last edited by SageGaiGar; 2009-02-23 at 18:31.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 22:21   Link #836
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well either way felt pretty bad for Dune. Manged to survive so much and fell here. Though guess if you fight Casshern a few times and Dio your bound to not make it. Still not lost on the irony that he only died after finding 'Luna'. Nothing else could kill him until then. What a depressing state to struggle to keep on going for all that time and to get that Luna as your reward.

This Luna really is depressing to watch. Could only imagine the feeling of the old Luna seeing the fate of Dune. Really its' been a while in the series since we had a death that I really felt bad about.

Think everyone has handled all the speculating so I'll just leave it on my impression there .
Old 2009-02-23, 22:25   Link #837
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
LOL!

Been too busy to catch up on the minor casts for CS.

I'm currently finishing up homework for my Japanese class. As such, I had little time to catch up on it for the meantime.

Only thing I liked is the possible Casshern/Lyuze link.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 00:13   Link #838
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This Luna really is depressing to watch. Could only imagine the feeling of the old Luna seeing the fate of Dune. Really its' been a while in the series since we had a death that I really felt bad about.
You know I don't think it is 100% certain Luna was not always like this. People's memories of her might be selective. Like they want to remember the best about her and don't remember what she was really like.

Dune did not seem surprised to find Luna like this.
Old 2009-02-24, 00:31   Link #839
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
You know I don't think it is 100% certain Luna was not always like this. People's memories of her might be selective. Like they want to remember the best about her and don't remember what she was really like.

Dune did not seem surprised to find Luna like this.
I'm pretty sure if Luna was always like this someone would have put her into the ground before Casshern did . Would Lyuze's sister have seriously used her time to protect someone like that? Memories would have to be pretty darn selective if not completely delusional to confuse what we saw in episode 20 for Luna before Casshern's attack. After all wouldn't remembering the best of her mean she had to actually act like that at least once ?

Dune not being surprised....well the guy has had his ass kicked quite a few times in the show. This is probably the best Luna he was going to get so probably just accepted it.

May not be 100% certain, but think it's pretty close to it.
Old 2009-02-24, 09:54   Link #840
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm pretty sure if Luna was always like this someone would have put her into the ground before Casshern did . Would Lyuze's sister have seriously used her time to protect someone like that? Memories would have to be pretty darn selective if not completely delusional to confuse what we saw in episode 20 for Luna before Casshern's attack. After all wouldn't remembering the best of her mean she had to actually act like that at least once ?
Well another possibility is not everyone actually came into contact with Luna directly like Dune did. I mean they could work for her and never have actually met her.

Tags
madhouse