AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-27, 18:42   Link #881
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
If Fatina dies then half of people watching Druaga will go into rebellion, like Roper horde hearing the distress cry from its young.
Old 2009-02-27, 19:44   Link #882
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Episode 8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
How unfortunate...

Spoiler for ep8:
Spoiler for Episode 8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
Ah what a let down, did the writing suddenly get worse or is it just me?

Jil look there's your'e scumbag brother give him at least one punch, let him know how you've been depressed for 6 bloody months, after he ditched ya by shooting you in the back and calmly leaving with the love interest...

and now i'm even more confused about the backstory, so Jil was attached to Neeba's mother as well, and they beat him up and threw him out for virtually no reason. Explains why he's an archer but not why Jil is an absolute tank who can wear armour heavier than most people can lift.
Spoiler for Episode 8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Yeah that's right, Fatina said it. She finally said it. Damn straight, anyone else still questioning or denying her stand? Fatina is a very strong headed character. Man she's sooo much cooler and better than the other girl. No short stick for Fatina... or so I hope. If so, it's going to be a damn train wreck for me. We will find out soon.....

Oh and uh, does "someone's" or should I say their mother, look a lot like Kaaya or Ki? Or maybe that's just the basic female character design or something....

Also oh again.... the ending. O_o Need the next episode now!!!

I said everything too vague right so no one knows what I'm talking about or is this a spoiler?
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Just watch episode 8 :

Finally Fatina confess to Jil and Jil said "Thank You" omg XD but he still ... (love Kayaa)
Spoiler for Episode 8:

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2009-02-27 at 21:48. Reason: Added more.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 22:39   Link #883
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
... Saying "I like you" in Japanese is pretty equivalent to saying "I love you" in an English context.

Because the literal Japanese "I love you" (Aishiteru) is not something you'd ever say lightly, its implications are pretty high.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 00:09   Link #884
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I've actually heard stories of old Japanese couples able to count in one hand the times they said 'aishiteru' within their lifetime lol.

Anyways, finally, the glove is thrown. I sure do wonder how Kaaya will react once she's reunited with Jil... I'm actually quite sad she was asleep for the entire show, as she didn't interact with anyone but Neeba. Oh well, there's always next episode.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 02:45   Link #885
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Just watch episode 8 :

Finally Fatina confess to Jil and Jil said "Thank You" omg XD but he still ... (love Kayaa)
So we know now Jil will be with Kayaa . (or not if she will be dead)
And we know Neeba's true objective . Wow He killed Gremica's partner and he was her disciple .
Henaro is good or bad ? Because of her the other assassins came and kick Fatina etc .. ass .
that was enjoyable about the only thing that was funny indeed.

fatina:..l like u...
jil: lulz, um thank you?
so much for that pairing! l can't celebrate yet though still 4 eps to go!
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 04:35   Link #886
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Actually, I thought it showed some strength on Fatina's part. When Jil brought up that he "still...", she didn't really mind it at all. It shows that her feelings are much more real than simple infatuation, and they also comes with a respect for Jil's person. Thus it shows that while she'd prefer a relationship with Jil, she doesn't really mind if his feelings are for someone else.

Now her distaste for Kaaya is probably more than just because of jealousy. According to her character profile on the website, Fatina was emotionally scarred by Neeba's betrayal. Since Kaaya played a part in said betrayal, Fatina probably has her animosity towards Neeba shared across to Kaaya. When combined with the jealousy Fatina already has, she'd be fairly embittered towards Kaaya.

This sort of leaves Fatina as some sort of bizarre cross between a respectful female friend (in terms of Jil) and a murderous ex (when it comes to Neeba).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 10:41   Link #887
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
that was enjoyable about the only thing that was funny indeed.

fatina:..l like u...
jil: lulz, um thank you?
so much for that pairing! l can't celebrate yet though still 4 eps to go!
Uhmm....sorry for asking but will this season only have 12/13 episodes? O_o.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 13:18   Link #888
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Uhmm....sorry for asking but will this season only have 12/13 episodes? O_o.
l think so, only 12 eps. O_O
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 15:27   Link #889
RevRayCool

Spoiler:
RevRayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 20:34   Link #890
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRayCool View Post
Spoiler:
Jil and Neeba are half brothers.

and if you had pay attentation at all you know that Ki already said that she and gil only have a descendent left (Kaaya).
Old 2009-03-01, 22:46   Link #891
FateAnomaly

It a little funny that the guy who was killed by Neeba died in a similar way to how Kally died in Jil's dream sequence.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 00:30   Link #892
RevRayCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Jil and Neeba are half brothers.

and if you had pay attentation at all you know that Ki already said that she and gil only have a descendent left (Kaaya).
Sorry, but between exams and work, I don't give my full, undivided "attentation" to animu when I simply want to relax to it.

And Ki said that Kaaya's is the only one with Gil and Ki's blood. They don't mention any family branches, if any. Any possibility of uncertain blood ties often lead to, ahem, interesting results in animu.
RevRayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 20:13   Link #893
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I felt the part explaining Neeba's involvement with Gremica was both unnecessary and interrupted the pace of the main storyline.
Spoiler:

What is clear to me about Neeba, though still his motivations remain ambiguous,...
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 11:55   Link #894
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

It could be a simple matter of revenge, Neeba is somehow involved with the Sumar faction, and Gremica i think said something about being a relative. The father of Jil and Neeba (Marka) apparently died after being wounded in some sort of battle and supposedly running from the enemy. The Uruk army as far as i'm aware has only been shown fighting what must be insurrections in the flashbacks as Gilgamesh was responsible for forcing the two kingdoms together.

If Marka died in one such battle then Neeba could rightly be blaming Gil for it, similarly Gil killed the orginal Druaga which was apparently the succubus's man. And although he's suffering from a curse it may not be the sort of personal revenge that she had in mind. The mutual goal would merely be the death of Gil.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 12:26   Link #895
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
It could be a simple matter of revenge, Neeba is somehow involved with the Sumar faction, and Gremica i think said something about being a relative. The father of Jil and Neeba (Marka) apparently died after being wounded in some sort of battle and supposedly running from the enemy. The Uruk army as far as i'm aware has only been shown fighting what must be insurrections in the flashbacks as Gilgamesh was responsible for forcing the two kingdoms together.

If Marka died in one such battle then Neeba could rightly be blaming Gil for it, similarly Gil killed the orginal Druaga which was apparently the succubus's man. And although he's suffering from a curse it may not be the sort of personal revenge that she had in mind. The mutual goal would merely be the death of Gil.

gil also killed the succubus in the PS2 ToD game.
Old 2009-03-03, 14:48   Link #896
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ah yeah i forgot , So Jil is the real son from the father , and Neeba from the mother ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 19:08   Link #897
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I thougt there was some tragic incident in Neeba's past that led him to be like that, but turns out he was simply born an asshole.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 19:26   Link #898
ssxsilver

I'm thinking whoever kills Gil will ultimately replace him and be cursed with immortality. Neeba mentions a power while Ki mentions Kaaya scarifying herself so that would fulfill both conditions depending on whose perspective you take. In the episode adult Ki told Jil he won't return alive if they went up the tower, I'm beginning to think she only meant Jil himself and not the entire party. I doubt Jil and co. will simply be tagging along from this point on so my prediction is Jil kills Gil and two Jils come about for each of the leading females.
ssxsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 19:34   Link #899
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssxsilver View Post
I'm thinking whoever kills Gil will ultimately replace him and be cursed with immortality. Neeba mentions a power while Ki mentions Kaaya scarifying herself so that would fulfill both conditions depending on whose perspective you take. In the episode adult Ki told Jil he won't return alive if they went up the tower, I'm beginning to think she only meant Jil himself and not the entire party. I doubt Jil and co. will simply be tagging along from this point on so my prediction is Jil kills Gil and two Jils come about for each of the leading females.
That is a great theory. My only qualm is that means someone would have to go all the way back up to release whoever it is from their immortality. Although, so long as their not a king as living alone in exile.. who would care, right? *cough*Neeba*cough*
Old 2009-03-03, 22:54   Link #900
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Ah yeah i forgot , So Jil is the real son from the father , and Neeba from the mother ?
half brother in this case means same father but different mothers which was explained in season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssxsilver View Post
2 Jils? meaning Jil will be curse? I would find it unlikely since his thick head will nullify all magic on him

In some way I can see similarity in Gil and the tales of Gilgamesh as they are one suppose to be same in name and honour. The story will very much lead to Gil’s downfall in a sympathetic way if the writer follows the legend.
I wouldn’t mind seeing the destruction of the kingdom of Uruk and the death of most of the cast ^^, as hero’s are born from tragic events I would find it more interesting it such events would occur later on. With 5 episodes to go we’ll first see Ethana lead the rebellion if someone is going to die and it would likely be her. Then what’s left to resolve would be Gil’s soul the darker half will either be a merciless or cunning type. It wouldn’t be surprised if his interest in Kaaya would be her resemblance to Kai.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg