3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-29, 03:32   Link #41
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Another episode that reminds me why i love Higurashi so much. The mood is absorbing and eerie, mystery is high as usual and you can feel Satoko's fear and Rika's depression. Humor in the beginning is very nice as well - i love the "club activities" (*cough* Yay for bouncy Shion *cough*).

People seem to be dropping really fast ... i have to wonder what type of resolution are we going to get next week. (At least i assume it will be the resolution ... and no - i don't watch previews). I wonder how those mysterious men tie in to all of this, seeing it has been a good while since their last appearance. Over i felt this episode to be perfectly done, and Higurashi definitely remains as one of my favorite animes. Eagerly looking towards the next episode.
Old 2007-07-29, 06:20   Link #42
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

Wow what a really nice epi it makes us think even harder about the usual higurashi questions"who is the killer that is making this no end cycle" ,and even confuse ppl like me that had a high suspition about another individual being the killer and making us center our suspitions on the "4chan van ppl".
Its sad to see rika giving up on everything even on herself,do to probably all the failed attempts to save herself and the others, and really nice to see satoko doing something to protect others not being protect by others .
Old 2007-07-29, 12:14   Link #43
Shion's Sanity
Banned

I still haven't seen it with subtitles, since no one seems to be release avi formats anymore.@_@
Old 2007-07-29, 12:50   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hmm. Well for me it wasn't running all so smoothly on VLC player. Though media player classic allowed the episode to run smoothly for me without issues. Maybe you should try a different player for the episodes?

Anyways while these things always seem to end badly. I'm just hoping they can do something to at least not make it such a tragic defeat. If Rika and Satoko are just killed it won't change Rika's outlook and she's going to be stuck like that which won't help anything. So just hope those two can bring down the pain on whoever is coming near the house.
Old 2007-07-29, 13:21   Link #45
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity;
I still haven't seen it with subtitles, since no one seems to be release avi formats anymore.@_@
you can watch at Crunchyroll.com although the quality isn't that great it has subs.

Anyways i watched the episode and Feel bad for Satoko and Rika

Old 2007-07-29, 13:30   Link #46
MarthX

You shouldn't have problems with mkv if you use the CCCP pack and watch the videos in Media Player Classic.

Yakusamashi definitely ends on the next episode; That leaves 19 episodes for Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi. People just watching Higurashi for the craziness and violence will probably be disappointed with the slower pace.
Old 2007-07-29, 23:41   Link #47
Aisling

Whoever scripted and/or directed this episode did a really good job, especially on the Rika and Tomitake scene...they made the whole scene even more tense and desperate feeling through the speed of certain actions...like Tomitake's super-fast nervous head rubbing. Very nicely done.
Old 2007-07-30, 00:44   Link #48
Shion's Sanity
Banned

I just wish he had listened to her. He must have known it was possible for him to die that night of all nights.@_@
Old 2007-07-30, 03:14   Link #49
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
This was an awesome episode, it was really intense with Satoko and Rika. :O the MIG are back and I was really surprised when one of them pulled the trigger on Kuma, he didn't have a chance. ;o;

I wonder what would have happened if Tomitake listen to Rika..*shrugs*

I really loved how Satoko cheered Rika up. So cuute~ ^^

With the whole stalker thing, I thought Satoko was going to be the one to crack in this arc.

Man I can't wait till episode 5~ The preview makes it sooo exciting and intense!

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-07-30, 04:22   Link #50
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Rika really didn't say much though. All she really said was, "Oh, by the way, you're going to die". She didn't tell him how to avoid his death, because she does not even know the details behind it. She should have tailed him. Not like she wasn't going to die anyway.O_O
Old 2007-07-30, 05:46   Link #51
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Following him could be a solution, but remember: she can't leave the festival... which means, the only one that could supposedly find the truth about tomitake's death is unable to do so. If she could have followed him, I think she would have already done it. Remember that even Rika doesn't know all the details about the chain of events: she simply knows more than the other characters, but not enough to make a solid story that everyone will believe.
Old 2007-07-30, 07:02   Link #52
JokerD

There's some talk of Satoko being the one to crack this time, but personally I don't think so. There should be more than the injections Satoko takes than just vitamins...

Could be the psycho prevention drug that Rika keeps trying to give people in the previous arcs.
Old 2007-07-30, 09:48   Link #53
MrZombie

It seems she's already started to though. There is no reason why the perpetrator would need to have Rika watched.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:21   Link #54
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Rika had already left the festival to chase after him. Besides, you never know if you don't keep taking chances.

I think the guy following her is Akasaka. True, he is a LOT less creepy than the guy, but there is a rough resemblance, and it would certainly be a twist. Maybe he remembered what she told him and returned to try and prevent her death?
Old 2007-07-30, 11:29   Link #55
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1) Not really. it has been seen numerous times on other arcs she doesn't have the possibility. furthmore, people thinking she was going to the toilet is self explanatory for the time she can spend just after the ceremony. this is much more obvious in Onikakushi and Watanagashi

2) This is clearly not possible, especially with Himatsubushi and Reunion that Akasaka doesn't go back in this chapter most likely.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:37   Link #56
Shion's Sanity
Banned

We're never clearly shown she can't leave the festival. If she was able to for that long, there was nothing to prevent her from doing so longer. It's not like she had anything else to fear.

There's no proof it's not possible. All the previous chapters are "connected". but they are not the same. Reunion was not part of this arc, so much as an intro to the second season and a continuation/epilogue of the second answer arc. Himastsubushi is also just connected. Just because he never tried to help in that Hinamizawa, doesn't mean it will always be that way. He could very well make an effort to help her in the current one.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:46   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do think Rika should take a chance on tailing Tomitake. Really with the amount of deaths she's had why not? Who cares if you get in trouble for leaving, what are they going to do? Kill you? Doubt that scares her much since she feels she'll be killed anyways. Be useful to get the truth and make use of it in the future. Though if this is your one chance at breaking this I can understand not wanting to take the risk.

Do feel bad for Rika's despair after she fails to stop him though. Really just gives up at that point and feels she can't change what's about to go down. Satoko is one interesting person this time around. Did feel she had the most potential for a crazy killing spree. Certainly hearing that Rika is going to be killed and then not having her confirm it later would be a concern to her. Plus not having people believe her fears could foster a me against the world kind've thing.

Though right now it seems she'll do everything in her power (which of course is limited) to save Rika from the threat that's coming. Have to work under the assumption that Satoko is right about the stalker. I mean someone killed that cop, this wasn't in Satoko's viewpoint.
Old 2007-07-30, 12:06   Link #58
Shion's Sanity
Banned

We are showed who killed the cop though. No proof that it was the stalker. If the stalker was busy following Satoko and Rika, he hardly would have had the time to go and try to break into some place and kill a passerby who caught him.
Old 2007-07-30, 12:30   Link #59
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
We're never clearly shown she can't leave the festival. If she was able to for that long, there was nothing to prevent her from doing so longer. It's not like she had anything else to fear.
to be more accurate, the time she spent with tomitake was rather short. however, there was no indication when he died. therefor, there isn't any guarantee she would have the time either, and she was struck again in her hopelessness.
Quote:
There's no proof it's not possible. All the previous chapters are "connected". but they are not the same. Reunion was not part of this arc, so much as an intro to the second season and a continuation/epilogue of the second answer arc. Himastsubushi is also just connected. Just because he never tried to help in that Hinamizawa, doesn't mean it will always be that way. He could very well make an effort to help her in the current one.
It is true there isn't anything which prevent him to come back, (actually, that might be like Teppei : depends on the situaiton). however, what i meant with Reunion and Himatsubushi is rather his "faction" : chances that he "switch" his side is near to none.
also, as a comparaison :
Spoiler for Stalker picture, Akasaka Picture:

the ressemblance is not really existant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
We are showed who killed the cop though. No proof that it was the stalker. If the stalker was busy following Satoko and Rika, he hardly would have had the time to go and try to break into some place and kill a passerby who caught him.
The culprit of Kumatani's incident isn't alone, as shown shortly after his deed.
Old 2007-07-30, 12:36   Link #60
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Akasaka could have always gotten a tan! Besides that, I do see a bit of a resemblance between them.

I know he wasn't alone, but it was still just that one guy who actually did it.

And given the usual rough estimate of Tomitake's death, it would seem he died soon after talking to Rika. Because she had just finished her dance, and the festival was about over. is another reason. In the first arc, it was at the end of the festival that Keiichi met with Tomitake and Takano, and according to Oishi, Tomitake was found dead shortly after talking with him.
Closed Thread