AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 33 Rating
Perfect 10 21 38.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 32.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 16.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-18, 16:00   Link #21
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
really liked this episode 10/10

watanuki + Lulu + Hina/Hayate moments = epic win

btw, am I the only one to notice Turn A Gundam reference in there? It was when it showed the shot of the teacher who likes models, he was putting together what looked like the famous Turn A Gundam
Old 2007-11-18, 16:38   Link #22
Mentar
Banned

I found the Hina-Hayate scene particularly endearing. Especially since Hina was just being her usual self, it was no purposeful action to accomplish anything.

The parallel will become much more obvious in the future, but in a way, Hina and Hayate have so much in common that you could consider her a "female clone" of him in many aspects.

Too bad that the mangaka and anime editor seem 100% hardwired on Nagi ^_^;
Old 2007-11-18, 17:01   Link #23
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I found the Hina-Hayate scene particularly endearing. Especially since Hina was just being her usual self, it was no purposeful action to accomplish anything.

The parallel will become much more obvious in the future, but in a way, Hina and Hayate have so much in common that you could consider her a "female clone" of him in many aspects.

Too bad that the mangaka and anime editor seem 100% hardwired on Nagi ^_^;
Haha yes, knowing what happens in the manga and knowing that it is coming up SOMETIME in the anime is awesome. I do hope on some off chance that Hina does end up with Hayate, only because they fit each other so well.

I think my Hina fanboy-ism just went up a few notches after that episode.

I laughed out loud for the obvious references that I got: SZS, Code Geass (I'm watching that right now), and Gurren-Lagann (I just finished this). Recent parodies are always good

But the best part of it was all the cute Hina moments.

Spoiler for Hina moments:

Wow, that was a lot of them.
Old 2007-11-18, 17:20   Link #24
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Hina getting grappled
anyways great episode, i recognized some references in this episode
the senzu bean is a classic from DBZ
I think the baseball guy was supposed to be a reference, im guessing its from MAJOR
and then there was the reference from yakitate Japan with the bread stores in the festival
cant wait to see Hayate's doujinshi
Old 2007-11-18, 17:37   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hina's scared of thunder, too? Isn't that too many weak points, for her character?
Old 2007-11-18, 17:40   Link #26
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
anyways great episode, i recognized some references in this episode
the senzu bean is a classic from DBZ
Oh that's where it was from. I saw the powering up as SSJ, but I didn't get what he ate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Hina's scared of thunder, too? Isn't that too many weak points, for her character?
No... I think it's incredibly cute for her character. She tries to act all tough and independent, but she has a few small fears like of ghosts, thunder, and heights.
Old 2007-11-18, 17:47   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ohmylord, episode 33 was absolutely brilliant. It worked so well having Fukuyama Jun voicing the Lelouch type character --- making him look like Wantauki (from xxxHolic, who is also voiced by Fukuyama Jun) was a nice bonus. I laughed so much when he first appeared.

What made this episode so special was that finally.. that action scene! It's been said that this show likes to skip around the bush when it comes to action, though this time that didn't happen. More Hinagiku in action please.

Quote:
Makes her more moe.
Old 2007-11-18, 17:52   Link #28
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not really.

Perfect character with one big, irrational weakness is cute, if kinda boring.

Supposedly empowered female with oodles of silly fears is just annoying and possibly sexist.
Old 2007-11-18, 17:53   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I was just mentioned that "girl with so many weaknesses" is going to apply more power to her moe meter.
Old 2007-11-18, 18:07   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It would have if she'd been presented, from the start, as the damsel in distress type. But, despite her acrophobia, she's been presented as an heroine. She tries to conquer her fear, when needed. She's strong, intelligent, competent. Everyone looks up to her. Having that one weakness makes her human.

But being scared of too many things makes her a stereotypical little girl afraid of her own shadow. It carries the message that even strong, independent women are scaredy cats who need men to protect them. It's positively disgusting. Well, Hinagiku isn't quite there... yet. But I don't want more phobias being added to her character.
Old 2007-11-18, 18:09   Link #31
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Not really.

Perfect character with one big, irrational weakness is cute, if kinda boring.

Supposedly empowered female with oodles of silly fears is just annoying and possibly sexist.
Hmm, did you REALLY find that annoying?

That's who Hina is - she got all teary-eyed for a little bird threatened by a crow. She's very open with her feelings, and this is giving her quite a believable feminine touch which sets her apart from the generic "tomboy" type. I wouldn't really call the fear of ghosts or thunder "weaknesses", since she'll easily overcome those when she feels it's needed. Her defining REAL weakness _is_ the fear of heights. But we'll be getting there.

Sexist - only theoretically. With her courage and combat abilities, she's more than a match for almost all of the males around
Old 2007-11-18, 18:54   Link #32
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Lol. That butler with the mask had a Geass. That's all it took for me to give this episode a 10/10.
Old 2007-11-18, 19:04   Link #33
Eviltape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Her defining REAL weakness _is_ the fear of heights. But we'll be getting there.
Oh yes, and I'll be loving and putting that moment as if the manga was translated by Viz up to that volume.

But as for the Lelouch knockoff (how else should I phrase it?), all it took for me is the voice. Then I screamed and pointed and slammed my slide-out keyboard desk. And I also almost broke it, since I've been banging it ever since I started watching anime.
Old 2007-11-18, 19:12   Link #34
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The superintendent has come with the most malevolent and devious plot to make Japanese culture to lose face upon the rest of the population: she's going to sell Nagi's manga at the school festival and making the preparations for commercial distribution. Now that's bad, if her manga are just in the same abysmal category like her cooking.

Jun Fukuyama was the guest voice of the week. Nagi got geassed by the mysterious butler number 2 of the puppeteer edition. Oh, my God! Zero revival and Zero blasting off! What else could be able to have topped this feature presentation?

Scored a perfect 10.
Old 2007-11-18, 23:00   Link #35
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Did I see something NSFW that I shouldn't have?
Ah sorry. I didn't realize the image was edited.
I promise to make a normal one myself if I could actually get the video into virtualdub.

btw, what the heck is the super-moe tournament? Is Hina up today?

Last edited by Fruitfly; 2007-11-18 at 23:16.
Old 2007-11-18, 23:30   Link #36
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
Ah sorry. I didn't realize the image was edited.
I promise to make a normal one myself if I could actually get the video into virtualdub.

btw, what the heck is the super-moe tournament? Is Hina up today?
I didn't even notice that it was NSFW until he pointed it out. Make a normal one by taking a screenshot in MPC.

In Super Best Moe, Hinagiku is up tomorrow against Shana. Don't forget to vote for her ^^

But you might as well vote today, because Nagi and Maria are up.
Old 2007-11-18, 23:31   Link #37
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltape View Post
But as for the Lelouch knockoff (how else should I phrase it?), all it took for me is the voice.
If I may quote HnG 32 here.

He's not a knockoff. He's inspired by Lelouch.
Old 2007-11-18, 23:36   Link #38
Ishe

Quote:
It would have if she'd been presented, from the start, as the damsel in distress type. But, despite her acrophobia, she's been presented as an heroine. She tries to conquer her fear, when needed. She's strong, intelligent, competent. Everyone looks up to her. Having that one weakness makes her human.

But being scared of too many things makes her a stereotypical little girl afraid of her own shadow. It carries the message that even strong, independent women are scaredy cats who need men to protect them. It's positively disgusting. Well, Hinagiku isn't quite there... yet. But I don't want more phobias being added to her character.
I am not sure how depicting a female to have phobias is sexist or disgusting. As a male, I have a few phobias myself. I would say if anything it is a more realistic depiction. A person being weak in a few areas doesn't detract from them being strong in others.
Old 2007-11-18, 23:59   Link #39
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Wow, that was a really good episode. Pity there wasn't more exploration of the cultural festival.
Old 2007-11-19, 00:24   Link #40
-Breakthrough-

I laughed at Match Girl Isumi, though it made my heart melt. Pretty much, good episode this anime originals might not be so bad afterall, they have good potential if you write the episode right.

So, Chiharu's nickname's Haruko, huh? Hahaha, shinning glasses of doom. But I agree with Terek, I wish more of the festival could have been explored even further.

Though the Code Geass Butler was pretty damn hilarious.
Closed Thread