AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-30, 14:44   Link #4761
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Now that’s interesting. I don’t remember Perseus given a lance in the actual myth. He received a shield from Athena, invisibility helmet from Hades, flying sandals from Hermes and a sword from Zeus to kill Gorgon-Medusa and that’s it. The fifth item (if you want to count it) is supposed to be Hesperides’s bag-thingy to safely contain Medusa’s head.

So the Harpe-lance must be Nasu's own thing he added in his version of the myth. Harpe itself is supposed to be a sword-sickle thingy known for being used by Kronos to castrate his dad, Uranus (that gotta hurt ).

Anyway, thanks for your nice info .
I think Harpe is the "sword" in question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Question: Why haven't the Grail summoned any 18th-Century and latter Hero like Napoleon?
Well, there are only two wars we know the servants for, and in neither case did anyone involved want to summon heroes like that. I'm not sure someone like Napoleon would even count, though, and it's outright stated that no modern person can become a hero because guns make doing heroic things too easy.

Quote:
Oh, sorry to forget about Jack the Ripper.

Say, there are many universes, each has their own version of Grail Wars, right? But how many Grails are there in total? Infinity, or a lot Lesser and one Grand that connect all worlds? For example, if in one timeline, Shirou travelled back in the past and prevent Lancelot from being hunted, would the Grail still summon Berserker Lancelot like the original world, or something else like Saber Lancelot?

Plus, would Zeltrect able to oversee the whole course of multiverses at once, or one at a time?
There's one Great Grail for each world, because the Great Grail is actually a physical thing. The Throne of Heroes is also world-specific, I think, so I don't think a servant could be summoned from a universe that they didn't exist in. Akasha, however, is not world-specific, I believe.
Old 2013-12-30, 14:56   Link #4762
GDB

Archer throws the whole "one world, one Throne" thing into disarray though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 15:30   Link #4763
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, there are only two wars we know the servants for, and in neither case did anyone involved want to summon heroes like that. I'm not sure someone like Napoleon would even count, though, and it's outright stated that no modern person can become a hero because guns make doing heroic things too easy.
It's not that it's so much as it makes things too easy, but that people can better rationalize it in the modern age. Someone could have amazing skill with firearms this day and age--but it's not "legendary", not because the skills aren't good enough but because people can better believe it possible. Even then, it's not impossible to accomplish--just incredibly difficult. Kinda like how it is for heroes way back when.

Plus the fact that Francis Drake is a Heroic Spirit (a la Fate/Extra) is proof that guns don't automatically invalidate you as a Heroic Spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I always figured that if anything, the Heroic Spirit that forms would resemble how the legend knows it, so they'd appear from a specific time, barring potential circumstances like the one CL just mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's what I figured too. It's also why I assume the 3rd war's Saber was Beowulf. Two forms, one young, one old, to represent the two main aspects of his legend.
So looking it up, apparently our beliefs are confirmed. A Comptiq Q&A for Fate/stay night said that generally Servants appear as they were in their prime, barring special circumstances like a strong curse or an attachment to their form before their death can result in them appearing as they were before they died.

And then there's the whole Arturia thing...
Old 2013-12-30, 15:54   Link #4764
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Archer throws the whole "one world, one Throne" thing into disarray though.
Archer is not from an alternate world, though, I think. It's just that him showing up changes the timeline so that the world he's summoned into ceases to be his world.
Old 2013-12-30, 17:29   Link #4765
GDB

Which would then mean it's an alternate world, no?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 18:02   Link #4766
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... I wonder whether could Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai has their own version of the Grail. First question: How many Gaia and Alaya are there?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 18:04   Link #4767
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Tsukihime and Fate/stay night occur in the same world, so they share their Grail. Kara no Kyoukai, IIRC, is separate.
Old 2013-12-31, 11:11   Link #4768
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Which would then mean it's an alternate world, no?
Yeah, but it only diverges at the point where Archer is summoned, so when Rin does the summoning it is still the same world.

Quote:
First question: How many Gaia and Alaya are there?
As many as there are alternate worlds....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Tsukihime and Fate/stay night occur in the same world, so they share their Grail. Kara no Kyoukai, IIRC, is separate.
Every dimension has its own Grail. So, there would be one in the universe where Tsukihime took place, but we don't know which if any of the FSN routes that would follow.
Old 2014-01-02, 13:27   Link #4769
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Last I checked, Kara no Kyoukai wasn't actually a part of the larger Fate/stay night/Tsukihime Type-MOON universe. It was an unrelated story that came around before them, and Nasu simply refined the concepts in it for use in Tsukihime and Fate/stay night. So I doubt there's a Grail War going on there like you claim.

Also, if the Throne of Heroes is supposed to be a part of Akasha, then I don't see how there'd be multiple copies of it.
Old 2014-01-02, 15:10   Link #4770
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Does anyone remember where the line that says the Throne of Heroes is part of Akasha is? I know the wiki says so, but it...doesn't really make sense to me >.> Since Heroic Spirits are summoned and created by Alaya, I was always under the impression that the Throne of Heroes was in Alaya, not the Root.

Theoretically, if the Throne of Heroes is part of Akasha, then shouldn't that mean that its possible to summon aliens as servants (assuming alien races exist)?
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 16:27   Link #4771
Cherry_Lover

If the wiki disagrees with what seems logical and provides no source for what it says, the wiki is most likely wrong. A large amount of the content on it was added on the basis of someone saying "well, I think this is true, I'm sure I read it somewhere once".
Old 2014-01-03, 21:26   Link #4772
brocko

Where is the discussion for ufotable's new Fate/Stay Night anime located at?

The old one is locked.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...light=fate+ufo

and the new thread didn't even last that long before disappearing.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=123684&page=3

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 21:28   Link #4773
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's no real point in having it currently, because there's nothing known about other than that it's happening, and that we get more info at the end of the month.
Old 2014-01-04, 09:39   Link #4774
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Where is the discussion for ufotable's new Fate/Stay Night anime located at?
The previous threads suffered rampart spoilers coming out because of people speculating about what was to be adapted in a spoiler free thread.

So currently I believe the staff intends to hold off on making a new one for now, since both threads went that direction.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 20:04   Link #4775
brocko

Okay, thanks for the explanation Just wish there could've been a notification or something for a little more transparency and less confusion. Or perhaps would it be possible to just lock the thread, but still have it visible anyway with the spoiler stuff cleared out? That way people can still read up on what little is known so far, but can't run the thread into the ground again until there's more 'substance' to talk about so to speak.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 01:13   Link #4776
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
The previous threads suffered rampart spoilers coming out because of people speculating about what was to be adapted in a spoiler free thread.

So currently I believe the staff intends to hold off on making a new one for now, since both threads went that direction.
Well, then why not make a thread where spoilers are allowed? If we have somewhere to discuss the stuff that involves spoilers then we won't do it in the spoiler-free thread....
Old 2014-01-05, 22:02   Link #4777
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Does anyone remember where the line that says the Throne of Heroes is part of Akasha is? I know the wiki says so, but it...doesn't really make sense to me >.> Since Heroic Spirits are summoned and created by Alaya, I was always under the impression that the Throne of Heroes was in Alaya, not the Root.

Theoretically, if the Throne of Heroes is part of Akasha, then shouldn't that mean that its possible to summon aliens as servants (assuming alien races exist)?
Alaya is not a location, it's the collective will of humanity.

Well, Heroic Spirits are by its very nature a human phenomenon. The alien must first be recognized by humanity, and it also actually have a soul that would return to Akasha during its death. If that all works out, then probably?

I would assume that the alien wouldn't be a receptor to Alaya since they're not human, so becoming a Counter Guardian is out of the picture. They probably have to be a true Heroic Spirit in order to be summoned as a Servant.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 01:29   Link #4778
DaItalianFish

Haven't been here in a while. Back with a question.

What explanation was given for happened at the school in the Fate route? I know that Kirei got involved as that is his role as overseer, but what exactly was the explanation to the public as to why the hallway got destroyed/people went to the hospital? Looking through the VN and I can't seem to find which scene it is in.
DaItalianFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 04:54   Link #4779
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
As far as I can remember, it was never explicitly stated.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 18:32   Link #4780
Cherry_Lover

Yeah, I don't think we're ever told how any of the stuff in FSN is covered-up, just that it is somehow.