AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 14:35   Link #1081
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
Nyao: Haha! Let's get on board a plane and go! Great new av and sig

Bleh, anyone got any idea when subbed version will be out?
Old 2007-10-04, 19:29   Link #1082
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Only negative 6.5 more hours to go!!!

Wait ><.

Why exactly was I counting down :O
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:29   Link #1083
Shana

Downloading RAW. I'll be looking for a sub.
Old 2007-10-04, 21:55   Link #1084
genkidashite

I watched it...! (TV ep1)
Monsterous Kyoto... Ultimate quality graphics and movements!
Unfortunately TBS aired it on 4:3 scale, and the encoding was only at 960x720 res
I heard one of the dedicated channels will air it 16:9 soon though.

It had a great mix of comedy, emotional moments, and actions (Tomoyo's SF kick was da best, what a quality).
It was way better than my expectations, since I dont usually like the style and feelings of gyaruge turned anime.
I strongly recommend everyone to watch!

PS. I screwed up the post above so I rewrote it
genkidashite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 01:10   Link #1085
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, to address an old issue that was raised repeatedly in this thread over the last few months, the DVD release schedule confirms that Clannad will be 24 episodes long (released over 8 DVDs, like Kanon).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 03:14   Link #1086
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Yup, I mentioned that here already.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 05:56   Link #1087
FireChick

But didn't moonphase one time say that Clannad was gonna be split into two seasons? And save 2nd Suzumiya Haruhi for winter? Just wondering.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 06:15   Link #1088
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
I've never watched Air or Kanon even though I have both animes on my hard drive ready for viewing, but I will be watching Clannad. Whenever I look at the females of the show, they seem extremely disfigured. It might just be me but does it seem to anyone else that the females look a bit more off then the usual female character? Or is it just my imagination?
yeah I was hesitant to watch Air just because the Characters looked so over exaggerated. However I gave Clannad a chance and I was hooked instantly. Key's story lines are just amazing, thats why I can't wait to watch Clannad Ep 1 which I'm torrenting right now
shomazta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 08:18   Link #1089
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, saimoe has been much too fun that I completely forgot about this until I'm seeing 1st eps subbed. XD

@houkoholic
But that Naruto analogy isn't the same. At first glance Naruto IS about a ninja. And it's about these ninja's fighting each other. And it's mainly about Naruto's 'passage towards manhood', to those who has half a brain. From the very first episode. Can you say the same thing about what you said in regards to Clannad? Most probably not, as some of these elements will not come up until later on the story. And if these elements that you have vaguely revealed (you mentioned it was going to happen, but not with who) are part of the climax, well you just took away some from the shock value (there is a shock value despite it being predictable or not, aka. it being a plot twist or not).

Spoiler:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 09:41   Link #1090
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Lol, saimoe has been much too fun that I completely forgot about this until I'm seeing 1st eps subbed. XD

@houkoholic
But that Naruto analogy isn't the same. At first glance Naruto IS about a ninja. And it's about these ninja's fighting each other. And it's mainly about Naruto's 'passage towards manhood', to those who has half a brain. From the very first episode. Can you say the same thing about what you said in regards to Clannad? Most probably not, as some of these elements will not come up until later on the story. And if these elements that you have vaguely revealed (you mentioned it was going to happen, but not with who) are part of the climax, well you just took away some from the shock value (there is a shock value despite it being predictable or not, aka. it being a plot twist or not).
No, you are still making a big deal about nothing. And it IS the same thing.
Using your analogy, anyone with half a brain can tell that Clannad is about family. The author made a big fuss about how Clannad is derived from "Clan"- Irish for family, you watch the first episode of Clannad and you can see it's about family, the ending song is about family, all the snippets about Clannad you find on the web, including all official source, well tell you it's about family, there is nothing different here and I revealed nothing more than that, nor the entire ending sequence for that matter reveals anything more than the general concept of family. So stop claiming it as spoilers, and I won't debate with you about this anymore.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2007-10-05 at 09:58.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 11:03   Link #1091
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Yup, I mentioned that here already.
Okay, cool. Sorry for the double posting, then. I just... have this real dislike for episode threads. That and it was mostly discussed in this thread, so I wanted the answer to be here for future readers. I'm simply hoping that it won't have to be repeated a billion times, unlike in some other recent anime adaptations...
Old 2007-10-05, 13:29   Link #1092
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Seeing stuff in 4:3 nowadays is just... stupid. I guess I'll wait until a sub in 16:9 appears before starting to watch this.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 13:35   Link #1093
Westlo
Lets be reality

Damn no Tomoyo After School Story than wtb Tomoyo After School to be released after next Haruhi and FMP seasons.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 14:02   Link #1094
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Damn no Tomoyo After School Story than wtb Tomoyo After School to be released after next Haruhi and FMP seasons.
When you say "After School", I'm thinking "After School Special" here. I assume you're referring to the game "Tomoyo After"? It could either be treated as an entirely seperate production, or just bypassed since it could be considered somewhat of a fandisk (despite being a game in its own right). I'm thinking they won't do it, but we'll see...
Old 2007-10-05, 18:25   Link #1095
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah i meant Tomoyo After, I don't know where the school bit came from
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 00:31   Link #1096
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
When you say "After School", I'm thinking "After School Special" here. I assume you're referring to the game "Tomoyo After"? It could either be treated as an entirely seperate production, or just bypassed since it could be considered somewhat of a fandisk (despite being a game in its own right). I'm thinking they won't do it, but we'll see...
I'd rather KyoAni make a semi-original alternative adaptation starring Tomoyo, which might well be classified as shounen/action. And they can call it "Tomoyo Fighter: It's an exciting life".
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 00:46   Link #1097
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

It actually went above my exceptation and the only thing about it is that it is too similar to kanon no? we got the heroine, MILF, the cute girl, the fighter. Although, surprisingly, I don't dislike the main guy, in fact, I think I actually like him a bit. We'll have to see how that turns out.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 00:57   Link #1098
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
don't dislike the main guy, in fact, I think I actually like him a bit.
How would you dislike/hate a KyoAni/Key-made guy? The males that are infected by this virus of this unison, are DA WIN!

1) Yukito (AIR) - the first male character I've never liked he's more than a win.
2) Yuuichi-kun (Kanon 2006) - Shana likes
3) Sunohara - I LOL'D
4) Tomoyo - Do love
Old 2007-10-06, 01:13   Link #1099
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
How would you dislike/hate a KyoAni/Key-made guy? The males that are infected by this virus of this unison, are DA WIN!

1) Yukito (AIR) - the first male character I've never liked he's more than a win.
2) Yuuichi-kun (Kanon 2006) - Shana likes
3) Sunohara - I LOL'D
4) Tomoyo - Do love
How dare you not have Akio listed.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 01:20   Link #1100
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
How dare you not have Akio listed.

Akio? Who's Akio?

I should start playing Visual Novels...

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen