AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-27, 12:23   Link #1
cutterpillow
yellow fellow

Lightbulb Let's Lagoon

Let's Lagoon by OKAZAKI Takeshi

Genre: Ecchi, Psychological, Romance, Seinen

Description: Being stranded in a certain inhibited island with only vague memories of what happened sure is pretty scary. What's worse is that protagonist Yamada-kun only have seven days worth of food. The worst though, is that he's alone. Yep. Not even a Wilson around. Or so he thought.

Four days after washing up on the island, he decided to make a boat to escape the island. When he thought of rationing his food, he finds a girl (his age) named Imaise Chika, eating his, "now", only three days worth of food. He realizes she was also washed up on the island four days ago, and that she remembers what he couldn't.

They decided to help each other, realizing they can live on the island longer.

I recently found this series. Only three chapters are out and scanlated. The art is decent and although it is kind of stereotypical, there's something about it that is still interesting. Anyone else read this?
cutterpillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 13:20   Link #2
Jze0
Hmmm...

I was planning on making this thread but seems I was beat to it. Anyway I love the way this story is setting up. Two people stranded on an island, a guy and a girl, you would think this is a dream come true for the main protagonist but it not. Yamada quickly finds an attraction for Chika but finds out she has a boyfriend and can't make any further advancements. Chika, meanwhile is a cute attractive girl when without her glass can't see a thing. I think this should be fun and interesting to see these two interact and find they're way out of the island.

As for why this series is labeled Psychological, you won't see it in the first three chapters but it happens in chapter 6.
Old 2009-09-28, 15:48   Link #3
Dark Mage

what exactly happened in chapter 6? Could you please tell me in spoilers?
Old 2009-09-28, 15:57   Link #4
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
what exactly happened in chapter 6? Could you please tell me in spoilers?
I read somewhere about rape. Her male classmate/ex-boyfriend rapes her.
Old 2009-09-28, 16:30   Link #5
Dark Mage

shit you mean the new guy who washed ashore raped her? That sucks, I wish I could see the raws
Old 2009-09-28, 18:37   Link #6
Iron21

I heard this over at mangafox......... don't tell me it's true after all.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 20:22   Link #7
Jze0
Hmmm...

Where is everyone getting rape from? Seriously, this is the third time I've seen this, it seems to be coming right out of the blue. First off, in no where of the first 6 chapters available, is there a scene in which Chika is raped, no where! If you want to know what really goes on I'll explain more in detail in the spoiler below.
Spoiler for spoilers to ch 6:

Last edited by Jze0; 2009-10-25 at 03:11.
Jze0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 21:07   Link #8
Dark Mage

@Jze0, Thanks alot for the spoiler, it really explained everything. I would say he didnt go back in time but maybe, rather his life on the Island is all in his head?
Old 2009-09-28, 21:47   Link #9
Jze0
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
@Jze0, Thanks alot for the spoiler, it really explained everything. I would say he didnt go back in time but maybe, rather his life on the Island is all in his head?
Yeah... that was my first reaction but we'll see.
Old 2009-11-17, 01:45   Link #10
Galeontanilla
Charming General Person

It's been quite a while, has anyone translated chapter 6 yet? And what's the release schedule for this in Japan? Monthly, Weekly? (:
Galeontanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 07:16   Link #11
Guppy

I'm pretty sure at the end of chapter 6 they said the manga was taking a break until November, so the next chapter will probably show up in the next couple of weeks.

Just to clarify a couple of things that happened in chapter 6...

Spoiler for ch. 6:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 16:22   Link #12
going techno

it sad though that he cant see the island leaving her all alone with the one guy i fell like theirs some thing bad is about to happen
going techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 19:57   Link #13
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

OH MAN! This is a good manga. You really feel for the guy too. I wished that her eye sight was a lie though, it would have made for some interesting moments when he found out and all.

As for the cliffhanger... OH MAN! I have no idea where this is going. It can go so many ways right about now.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
Old 2009-12-02, 21:08   Link #14
going techno

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
OH MAN! This is a good manga. You really feel for the guy too. I wished that her eye sight was a lie though, it would have made for some interesting moments when he found out and all.

As for the cliffhanger... OH MAN! I have no idea where this is going. It can go so many ways right about now.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
hope he find the island soon before something happen
going techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 00:08   Link #15
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well was browsing through the web and spied the lastest release of this, so thought I'll check it out, read the premise and said "yea lets have a look"
It's not bad at all, wasn't really much to it till ch 6 and well ch 7 carries on bringing the questions.
Having had a little think about whats happened so far, I think how much I'll continue to read, depends on how well the supernatural aspect is handled, if theres a solid idea behind it then sure should continue to be a good read but if done somewhat poorly then I probably would put it on the backburner.

For the moment ch 7 has got me hooked, as the last line certainly raises a WTF
Old 2010-01-21, 02:24   Link #16
Jze0
Hmmm...

Whoa... the ending definitely was WTF. I don't know where things are going but it seems very Intriguing.
Old 2010-01-21, 07:40   Link #17
Battler-kun

I am really glad this story turned out this way. And has something else than what it seems to be first , ecchi situations.
This is now getting intriguing.

I can't wait for the next chapter (guess i will have to wait some months). I really want to know how he got this Bra, if the 10 days weren't for real.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 14:41   Link #18
Fran~
floating away...

Lost... all the way... but i really like it...
Old 2010-01-21, 15:58   Link #19
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Finally, a new chapter. It's so short too.

Well, we got a little more information on what happened, and met two new characters.

Can't wait for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
I am really glad this story turned out this way. And has something else than what it seems to be first , ecchi situations.
This is now getting intriguing.

I can't wait for the next chapter (guess i will have to wait some months). I really want to know how he got this Bra, if the 10 days weren't for real.
It is very intriguing. And the bra is proof that those 10 days were real. Just like his sunburn and blisters.
Old 2010-01-21, 18:03   Link #20
Fran~
floating away...

yeah, but there is Chika's sister asking for the bra...
i guess that Yamada could ask her about her sister and the teacher.

Tags
drama, romance, seinen