fignae
floofer. floof.

Isn't that a spoiler image for #40?

Spoiler for Thinking about episode 40:
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 00:42   Link #942
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Well. I finally caught up and can take part in this revived festival. In general: what a great show.
Spoiler for eps34-40:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 05:19   Link #943
tritoch

Reira and Takumi stole the show for me.

I never realized but- I grew to like Takumi. I act just like him in somewhat similar situations he faced.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 12:00   Link #944
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Wow.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-12, 14:21   Link #945
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I put this in my recent spoiler, but for people who haven't seen up to ep40 yet, and just because I'm kind of fixated on her recently (see my avatar and sig), I have to point out that Layla (Reira) is played by Hirano Aya, the 19-year-old who played Suzumiya Haruhi and whose image is splashed all over the Japanese seiyuu magazines right now.

It was her work as Layla that got me interested in her in the first place. I think that her breathy, fragile delivery just makes Layla's emotions come through so well, even if it isn't exactly naturalistic. She is posting pics of herself and her life (including recording sessions, other seiyuu, making chocolates for Valentine's Day, getting her hair dyed, etc., etc.), to her blog at least daily. I guess you'd call her an "idol seiyuu," lol.

The voice acting in this show is so effective overall. I posted elsewhere the nominations for a new set of seiyuu awards that will be given out next month. Paku Romi (Oosaki Nana) is one of those nominated as best female lead (I ranked her in the top three, with Kuwashima Houko@Shuurei in Saiunkoku and Tanaka Rie@Hiro in Hatarakiman).

But I'm finding other people's work great, too (or at least well cast): Kawahara Yoshihisa (Yasu), Morikawa Toshiyuki (Takumi), Seki Tomokazu (Nobu -- he also plays the king in Saiunkoku and Chiaki in Nodame Cantabile). KAORI is really making Hachi come alive. And I noticed that Layla's assistant Mari is played by Toyoguchi Megumi (Revi in Black Lagoon, Honoka in The Third, Alti in Simoun, etc., etc.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-02-14, 04:14   Link #946
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae View Post
Isn't that a spoiler image for #40?

Spoiler for Thinking about episode 40:
sharing same sentiments.. nobu and nana are just too comfortable and even if nana popped the question, it would only be as a joke, teasing nobu. even if they really went ahead, i'm sure they are only drawing comfort from one another as very close fwens to cope with the outside world, and no kinky sexuality inotations included. they are close for do not forget, it is nobu who pulled nana out of her shell and aroused her interest for music through the cd he lent her, of Sex Pistols, the one who intro her to the band and indirectly the middleman for her and ren too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
I never realized but- I grew to like Takumi. I act just like him in somewhat similar situations he faced.
eh..~ that shouldn't be something to brag about heh? lol~ then i think you need some reflections, haha
kriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 13:36   Link #947
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In the continuing torrent of photos posted to her blog, Hirano Aya (Layla) has posted pics of herself being manhandled (in a nice way) by Paku Romi (Oosaki Nana), who she says took her out to eat after the recording session this week (probably Wednesday).

In the background of one of the shots is Seki Tomokazu (Nobu). Both photos were taken by Kawahara Yoshihisa (Yasu), presumably with Aya's cell phone.

Old 2007-02-15, 10:46   Link #948
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Has anyone caught up with Episode 41? The host mentioned that on 28March will be the final episode for Season 1 of NANA. Hmm, does that mean that it will definitely have an upcoming Season 2?

Lolz, I really like the bgm, that pc of music that Ren has composed and Reira is supposed to be adding on to the lyrics. Wonder if they will really "compose" the whole song out and make it as one of the 7 Special Endings since the 1st of the 7 is out in Episode 41. Hehz.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 01:05   Link #949
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Posters on 2channel also noticed the host saying that this was the "first season." There was some debate about whether there was enough material for a second season, but one person thought there would be enough for 13 or even 26 more episodes, with this season ending around the beginning of volume 12. I'm not familiar with the manga, myself. Another person thought there would have to be a hiatus before a second season started.

The phrase "first season" was also used in a news article about Olivia's songs (new EDs next week and the week after).

On 2channel, someone posted comparative TV ratings for the past five weeks of NANA and Nodame. Nodame has dropped in ratings, while NANA has held its own:

Wed【24:00】NANA  *4.5__*4.9__*4.4__*5.0__*4.2__ [avg: 4.60]
Thu 【25:00】Nodame *5.4__*5.5__*4.4__*3.5__*3.5__ [avg: 4.46]
Spoiler for ep41:

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-02-16 at 01:48.
Old 2007-02-16, 09:23   Link #950
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
LOL

I watched episode 41 and let me tell you...
Spoiler:

And it was great to hear "A little pain" once again at the end of the episode.

PS: 47 episodes sounds a little bit weird. Have there really been 5 numberless recaps? I can't seem to remember more than 3...
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 19:24   Link #951
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Watch episode 35 and I enjoyed it of course. Yasu proves once again that is unshakable. I really dont know how he does it, he handles everything so well and is always so sure of him self. The choice he made telling Takumi where to find Reira was the right one. Her mopping around his apartment would solve nothing and only send her into a deeper depression.

Reira too me is a very unique character given her back round and relationship with Shin. Yasu, and Takumi. Reira personality borders on the extreme one min and the playful side the next. Her emotional outcry and her mental state are very saddening. For her to say she is nothing unless she is singing shows how dependent she has come to be on Fame and Takumi's approval of her. If this were real life and some how her career ended Reira would have a nervous breakdown. Takumi even though i know he was not being mean also states she has no other skills besides singing. Its just tough to see someone in that kind of position. She is a bird trapped in the cage that she created herself.

Nana O. emotional talk with Nobu was funny and sad as now Nobu knows about the marriage plans of Takumi and Hachi. I could literally see Nobu's heart being ripped out of his chest and being trampled on. It was an obvious shock but i think it was one that drove home that he and Hachi are over. Even with that he didnt cry and Nana ended up doing instead. I think she was crying for both of them Nobu has been a great friend to Nana one of the few she trust.

Did anyone catch what Nana said at the beginning of the episode.

"I should stop depending on Yasu's kindness; after all hes not mine"
Old 2007-02-17, 07:23   Link #952
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
LOL

I watched episode 41 and let me tell you...
Spoiler:

I really loved that scene. Comedy gold.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 19:52   Link #953
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Episode 42

MIU! Yuri Kousaka! Meet the Parents, anime-style!

Spoiler for episode 42:

There was one thing that was strangely absent from this episode. Since it is now a manga-exclusive scene, I'll tag it separately.

Spoiler for some manga spoilers and a mention of a possible future storyline:
Old 2007-02-22, 21:46   Link #954
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Really wonderful episode. An hour's worth of fascination in 21 minutes.
Spoiler for ep42:
Miu's brief speech was played so effectively by Chiba Saeko. And Hirano Aya is getting even better at Layla, I think. Not to mention the great characterization by Paku Romi throughout. Kousaka Yuri is played by stage-film-TV actress and actual photo-idol Suhou Reiko.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-02-22 at 23:28.
Old 2007-02-23, 00:05   Link #955
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
There was one thing that was strangely absent from this episode. Since it is now a manga-exclusive scene, I'll tag it separately.

Spoiler for some manga spoilers and a mention of a possible future storyline:
IS this issue necessary? (to the plot that is)....wow, cause well, I didn't catch onto that fact. I was wondering why Nana stated she didn't tell Ren her "feeling" or "talk" when she has problems. does "this" play into why?
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 08:10   Link #956
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, it's hard to say, since this particular plot line hasn't really developed much in the manga either, though it does certainly play into the hints of the destructive nature of Ren's relationship with Nana.

It's hard to say anything without spoiling the plot, but let me just say that it seemed like an important aspect of a larger whole (rather than important in itself).
Old 2007-03-02, 11:50   Link #957
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

OK, so episode 43 came and went. What happened?

Spoiler for 43:

Oh, and the next episode preview had Anna Tsuchiya and OLIVIA (who sing the OP/ED and give "singing" voices to Nana and Reira respectively).

I wonder why they look so unJapanese! Is this a new chic in Japan, famous people looking like Europeans? Moreover, Anna and Olivia both speak with a funny gaijin accent. Makes you almost think this is all a part of the image, since Anna sounds like she is playing Nana (with a punk attitude and stuff like that). 8)

PS: I am really looking forward to the next week. It should one hell of a weird episode. If they don't cut and censor it, that is. If they don't, it should really be one of the most interesting NANA episodes, I think.
Old 2007-03-02, 15:33   Link #958
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 43 (episode 46 in one set of raws and in most Chinese subs -- how confusing) was one of those that left me with the emotional emptiness in my chest that is the mark to me of something special. I can't exactly explain it, but this episode touched me deeply with the sense of us humans stumbling around on Earth like the playthings of nonexistent gods. We misunderstand each other and ourselves, and yet there are moments of contact with each other that offer a promise of redemption. The sight of Hachi there in the street gave me feelings of both connection and separation.

I continue to be impressed with the voice of Chiba Saeko as Miyu. I accept the "emo" thing MrProphet referred to at full value, without resistance. It made emotional, dramatic, and human sense to me.
Old 2007-03-02, 15:59   Link #959
poptart
come tess me now!!

Quote:
Oh, and the next episode preview had Anna Tsuchiya and OLIVIA (who sing the OP/ED and give "singing" voices to Nana and Reira respectively).

I wonder why they look so unJapanese! Is this a new chic in Japan, famous people looking like Europeans? Moreover, Anna and Olivia both speak with a funny gaijin accent. Makes you almost think this is all a part of the image, since Anna sounds like she is playing Nana (with a punk attitude and stuff like that). 8)
thats because both ana and oliva are not 100% japanese

anna is i think russian-american and japanese, and olivia is american and japanese. oliva more than anna i think has the thicker accent because english is her first language and she spent more time in america.
poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 21:08   Link #960
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Man i am going through withdraw i need my dose of Nana but subs are coming along pretty slow at the moment.

Tags
drama, romance