AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-12-14, 17:24   Link #701
FreezeTheSun

I expected more from episode 10. The fight could've been a lot better. The manga had more movement. Mistgun is one of my favorite characters and so is Luxus, but it seems as though the anime did not do them justice, even if it's the first ep. they have appeared in. @ Arjento: This could have easily been as good as the big 3, the anime is a big let down compared to the manga in my opinion. Poor Mashima, it looks like another one of his mangas have been ruined by the anime studios.
FreezeTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 19:57   Link #702
KrimzonStriker

Still, I did rather like the Siegrain seen, they did a good job in terms of his animation at least, and of course good old Ulquiorra lays it on thick in terms of the voice acting
Old 2009-12-14, 23:45   Link #703
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeTheSun View Post
I expected more from episode 10. The fight could've been a lot better. The manga had more movement. Mistgun is one of my favorite characters and so is Luxus, but it seems as though the anime did not do them justice, even if it's the first ep. they have appeared in. @ Arjento: This could have easily been as good as the big 3, the anime is a big let down compared to the manga in my opinion. Poor Mashima, it looks like another one of his mangas have been ruined by the anime studios.
I disagree. I think episode 10 was well done and that so far the series is well on its way to being as good as the big three. I do think the manga is better than the anime, but I still really enjoy watching the anime and look forward to every episode. I think the anime highlights the humor of Fairy Tail better than the manga, but that might be just because its easier to deliver a joke when its animated and has voices executing the lines.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 02:18   Link #704
Ravelt

Why they always change weapons and tools form? Erza’s sword doesn’t look as in manga also armor change a bit. They don’t believe Hiro Mashima’s designs. I hope if Rave Haru is anime in this studio don’t change his Ten Commandments swords. Well! Erza doesn’t has a main weapon as Haru.
Well! Erza’s flame empress armor color looks pretty and fit good.
They have add little more motion animation for Erza.

I don’t like Council stay in a circle, instead for chair and table

They are trying make fake crocodile/lizard natsu look like the Charmander from pokémon and Tsunayoshi from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. The flame on tail and head. And add pig nose. The natsu clothes is ok.

Laxus! I never imagine it pronounces as Lacus.

Mystogan voice fit good.

Lol Lucy is wanted.
Ravelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 02:37   Link #705
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Small design changes is a small liberty I'm ok with, never really a big problem especially if the items are of no real importance.

while the lack of motion during fights is abit disappointing, I'm ok with what they have done so far, the stills work well enough.

hehe gotta say I totally forgot about that part with Natsu and Erza in the cell. For most men be heaven being locked up with such a beauty but for Natsu I guess you could say something closer to hell

Well with one little bit in this ep, I can see where we'll at least get up to at some point. Was quite a big give away.
Old 2009-12-15, 03:13   Link #706
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots View Post
I disagree. I think episode 10 was well done and that so far the series is well on its way to being as good as the big three. I do think the manga is better than the anime, but I still really enjoy watching the anime and look forward to every episode. I think the anime highlights the humor of Fairy Tail better than the manga, but that might be just because its easier to deliver a joke when its animated and has voices executing the lines.
Your forgetting that this is supposed to be an action anime. I do believe the anime brings out the humor more than the manga, but there is far more action than comedy in FT. Don't get me wrong, I love the humor, but the director is using every chance he has to make it humor. The anime is following the manga very close, but at any chance of filler in an episode, they use it for comedy. As you can see, the animation is horrible. Natsu vs Erza were still frames most of the time, just like the previous episodes (except for those horrible reused scenes). For two great studios to be working on this and to be this poorly done is big let down. I can tell that most of the people who like the anime are more interested in voice actors, comedy, and lifeless movement. Does anybody think about the fluid animation and art of an anime like I do? I don't know how much more they can use this cookie cutter animation with the action stuff coming up. As for the big three, well they have great animation at times, mainly for action scenes. So you can probably see why animation is so important for this anime, because FT has about just as much or maybe even more action than any of the big three.
Old 2009-12-15, 03:24   Link #707
Ravelt

The gamble board write Elsa, not Erza. So is she accuracy call Elsa?

The glasses girl is just minor character in manga. But she is pretty active in anime.
Those Anime creator like her.

Last edited by Ravelt; 2009-12-15 at 03:46.
Old 2009-12-15, 03:59   Link #708
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Nope, her name's still Erza...I liked episode 10, for once Natsu ditched the dragon cutscenes and this fight wasn't as still as the previous ones, even if there's still a lot of work to get a normal battle...but the studio will have many chances later anyway
Sieg played his part very well, as did Mistgun, but I'm a bit disappointed at Luxus, something's off but I can't put my finger on it.
Quote:
I don’t like Council stay in a circle, instead for chair and table
Some people reeeeeaaally love circles, they don't seem to be dying out.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 07:59   Link #709
Forever
Revealing the truth

Hmm lucy actually ranks herself in line with Natsu and gray! She must really be overestimating her abilities....
Old 2009-12-15, 12:37   Link #710
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
i like the anime so far but i kind of hate lucy.
btw ive never read the manga
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 19:04   Link #711
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
i like the anime so far but i kind of hate lucy.
btw ive never read the manga
I'm currently reading the manga right now, and I have to say it's probably my 2nd favorite manga right now (besides the last arc), and I'm reading over 50 different manga right now! I don't know why, but it's something I just love about Fairy Tail. Maybe it's the loveable characters, the comedy, the great action scenes, or maybe all of the above. Thats why I'm so angry with this anime, because it's not doing the manga justice.
Old 2009-12-15, 19:22   Link #712
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Episode 10 felt like a true Fairy tail episode. Humor and seriousness mixed together in one.
Episode 9 felt so artificial.

OOOoo I see that Erza has a something going on with the council member.. hehe

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 21:29   Link #713
prototype_sky

Well there is always hope that They'll break out some awesome animation for critical battles. So far in these fights the heroes seems to be way more powerful than their opponents
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 02:35   Link #714
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravelt View Post
The gamble board write Elsa, not Erza. So is she accuracy call Elsa?
It's been written Elsa or (more often) Elza in the manga, but in one of the official translated volumes, Del Rey says they asked Mashima for a list of official name spellings, and he gave them Erza (along with Laxus, Mystogan, Gajeel, etc).

I just think Mashima forgets and picks at random every time he needs to write it Elza probably would've been less confusing pronunciation-wise, but I'm used to Erza anyway.

Quote:
The glasses girl is just minor character in manga. But she is pretty active in anime.
Those Anime creator like her.
Yeah, I didn't even remember seeing her in the manga, and had to go back and check she existed. Did she ever get a profile page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
Hmm lucy actually ranks herself in line with Natsu and gray! She must really be overestimating her abilities....
Happy actually reacts to that in the manga, but for some reason it didn't make it into the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky
Well there is always hope that They'll break out some awesome animation for critical battles. So far in these fights the heroes seems to be way more powerful than their opponents
Honestly, if they couldn't even do it for the OP, I'm not holding my breath. But I guess it's possible.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 03:08   Link #715
Clarste
Human

Mashima actually strikes me as one of the few mangaka who actually knows a bit of English, or at least cares enough to try to keep it consistent. So I'd be surprised if he was making it up as he went along. Rave was filled with little things that showed that he really cared about spelling, like puns and whatnot serving as names for things. Even the title "Fairy Tail" is an example of him thinking about this sort of thing.

Last edited by Clarste; 2009-12-16 at 04:28.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 04:17   Link #716
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Happy actually reacts to that in the manga, but for some reason it didn't make it into the anime.
Damn that sounds like it would have been funny. (Maybe she thinks lowly of the others because they're always fighting and/or drinking in front of her.)

Anyway I personally liked the fight this episode of course I probably wouldn't know a good fight if it stripped naked in front of me.

They really overplayed the tango in this episode. The council needs another leitmotif IMO. Whether it's a second or a replacement I don't care though. (I still like the Can-Can though it seems to fit the show.)

Assuming this new key is real and she gets it this will be her 5th gold key. She seems to be gathering them at an alarming rate. I'm wondering if there's going to be ZOMG backstory behind why she already had three keys or if it's something I'm not supposed to think about. Eh who knows except manga readers.

Also do all fighting shonen series have a gazillion characters? They just introduced two new guys randomly this episode and two last episode and the preview makes it look like there are going to be a lot of people in this next arc.

The Erigor on the loose foreshadowing IMO seemed a bit out of place to be writing in a letter to your mother though. I guess it's better than having the narrator foreshadow it though.
Old 2009-12-16, 04:34   Link #717
Clarste
Human

Yeah, it is kind of odd that she has so many of the keys already, isn't it? I mean, there are only 12 of them, and she has 4, so she's already technically in the top 3 or so of Stellar Spirit mages in terms of having powerful keys (as in it's mathematically impossible for more than 2 people to have more keys than her). Which is... weird to think about.

If you look at what she's done though she's actually decently powerful, even if she doesn't act like it. She created a tidal wave in episode one, and impressed Erza in that episode where they fight a bunch of mooks. I think it's just because she doesn't really fight for herself that she seems weak: as a summoner she's not half bad.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 05:02   Link #718
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
It's been written Elsa or (more often) Elza in the manga, but in one of the official translated volumes, Del Rey says they asked Mashima for a list of official name spellings, and he gave them Erza (along with Laxus, Mystogan, Gajeel, etc).
The first time it was written in the manga it was spelled "Erza"... (when Mirajane sketches with a light pen in vol 2 I think)
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 11:03   Link #719
CoolKidsClub

Lucy looks amazing in red...
and why is that glasses girl getting more screen time than Cana?! thats just wrong
CoolKidsClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 11:52   Link #720
Ravelt

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't even remember seeing her in the manga, and had to go back and check she existed. Did she ever get a profile page?
Yes! Chapter 96 has her profile page.

She name is Lucky Ollietta, sound like another Lucy with K.
Her hair looks different in anime.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen