AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-06, 11:16   Link #2181
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
STORYTELLING. When do I ever talk about business?
I don't know, I am not you, I can't think like you, I don't know what you are thinking most of the time, why should I keep track on how many times you talk or don't talk about business?

If you had stated 'skillfulness in storytelling', we wouldn't be having this conversation. See, an explanation wasn't hard, was it?

Quote:
Uh-huh...so if they gave a closed ending, they couldn't make merchandise? Is that what you're saying?
Since when did I say anything about a closed ending preventing further merchandise? I simply stated that they are milking the franchise, which they are, and catering towards AS fans, at that.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-05-06, 11:19   Link #2182
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Since when did I say anything about a closed ending preventing further merchandise? I simply stated that they are milking the franchise, which they are, and catering towards AS fans, at that.

- Tak
Again, you said: They cater towards the AS fans, but never going for the umpf for the sole purpose of milking the franchise.
Again, I take this to mean you think they left the ending open so they could sell merchandise.

Again, am I wrong about that?
Old 2011-05-06, 11:26   Link #2183
Tak

Quote:
Again, you said: They cater towards the AS fans, but never going for the umpf for the sole purpose of milking the franchise.
Again, I take this to mean you think they left the ending open so they could sell merchandise.

Again, am I wrong about that?
Yeah, pretty much.

I am fully aware that the ending is done and over with, what I was saying is that they will continue to cater towards AS fans, create merchandise such as the VF-25 master-file, with possibilities of the aftermath, but never stamping it with the official seal of approval.

Thats not leaving the ending open, thats continuation.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-05-06, 11:36   Link #2184
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Magnus, Tak is trying to steal your boyfriend!

Old 2011-05-06, 11:37   Link #2185
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Magnus, Tak is trying to steal your boyfriend!
Oh shit!

- Tak

Old 2011-05-06, 11:46   Link #2186
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Indeed Takky, I am ashamed that you even tried to destroy my ship steal Yottchin from Maggy. Look at him, he must be emoing and weeping in the corner, getting his bitchslap wanking moments stolen from him!

P.S: I'll be sure to ask cheesie to... Make you keep her imaginative mind accompanied as the punishment (and disappointment as your pseudo-mom!Nat!), don't worry. Make sure you prepare that Sheryl cosplay dress!

Old 2011-05-06, 11:47   Link #2187
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Indeed Takky, I am ashamed that you even tried to destroy my ship steal Yottchin from Maggy. Look at him, he must be emoing and weeping in the corner, getting his bitchslap wanking moments stolen from him!

I'll be sure to ask cheesie to... Make you keep her imaginative mind accompanied as the punishment (and disappointment as your pseudo-mom!Nat!)
Yeah yeah, you and cheesie just want to keep me all to yourselves. I know...

- Tak

Old 2011-05-06, 11:55   Link #2188
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Yeah yeah, you and cheesie just want to keep me all to yourselves. I know...

- Tak
I would rather see you get eaten by be the toy of your Ranka-fans harem members (I will exclude myself from your harem member btw, as I feel icky thinking about you having oedipus complex, thank you), my dear Takky. <3

Ahem, on another note, I do feel like the argument about whatever skillfulness has the second movie give pretty... Worthless. You two big boys are adorable that way though, arguing about pointless stuff! *nat coddles pouting Takky and Yottchin now*

Old 2011-05-06, 12:04   Link #2189
Tak

Quote:
I would rather see you get eaten by be the toy of your Ranka-fans harem members (I will exclude myself from your harem member btw, as I feel icky thinking about you having oedipus complex, thank you), my dear Takky. <3
Oh no honei. Not blood related... FAIR GAME!

Quote:
Ahem, on another note, I do feel like the argument about whatever skillfulness has the second movie give pretty... Worthless. You two big boys are adorable that way though, arguing about pointless stuff! *nat coddles pouting Takky and Yottchin now*
I just tried to work him up, it appears that I succeeded, in one form or another.

- Tak

Old 2011-05-06, 12:22   Link #2190
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Oh no honei. Not blood related... FAIR GAME!
It's the feeling, sweetie! It's still not easily accepted in my book!

Quote:
I just tried to work him up, it appears that I succeeded, in one form or another.

- Tak
/pokes at Takky's cute habit of teasing people/

It still generated quite a pointless argument... That some people *coughcoughIRCcoughcough* enjoy though

Old 2011-05-06, 13:34   Link #2191
magnuskn

Quote:
Actually I was getting my hair cut.

Well, I would not call what Kawamori did and does "artfulness", but rather "assholeness", but I guess it's a question of interpretation.

Say, why again are there not more fan-translations of Macross mangas and books? Are our fans just lazy?!?!111oneoneone

<see how easy it is to get back the the affection of mai hunni?>
Old 2011-05-07, 16:11   Link #2192
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah. It was only recently when my Japanese friend casually remarked that I also 'lost' in Macross F movies, so I just had to confirm it here. And... while technically not a 'loss', but bittersweet instead. I'll take it though.

I mean I already had my suspicions it was Sheryl, if anybody, who was the childhood friend in the first movie ("Have you been to Galaxy before?" "When I was a child" "Thought so") and not Ranka (so much info about her has to be forcefed to Alto, not to mention Alto didn't recognize who 'onii-chan' was). But just goes to show that being osananajimi pretty much is a death knell if you're dealing with Kawamori. Kinda like Shinkai... XD

Oh well, at least the triangle is solved at the very least. I really wouldn't call it a loss since the feeling was mutual before the incident, and I still have the other couple as well lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-05-07, 19:04   Link #2193
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Actually I was getting my hair cut.

Well, I would not call what Kawamori did and does "artfulness", but rather "assholeness", but I guess it's a question of interpretation.

Say, why again are there not more fan-translations of Macross mangas and books? Are our fans just lazy?!?!111oneoneone

<see how easy it is to get back the the affection of mai hunni?>
*yawn*

You bore me, little man.
Old 2011-05-07, 19:33   Link #2194
magnuskn

Quote:
*yawn*

You bore me, little man.
How will my ego ever recover?
Old 2011-05-08, 10:53   Link #2195
SS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess
I couldn't care less if Alto returns or not (now Sheryl's awakening is my only interest and already got my answer )
Really? Where?

Quote:
+1
Same with "Kiss In the Galaxy"

And could somebody please get a novel review?
Old 2011-05-09, 13:42   Link #2196
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I've been searching for the last 20 minutes and I just want to confirm: this movie is still only available in theaters, right? I couldn't find the DVD anywhere. I just finished watching this series for the 6th or 7th time and I was hoping to finish it off with the second movie (already watched the first) but its nowhere to be found.
Old 2011-05-09, 13:55   Link #2197
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots View Post
I've been searching for the last 20 minutes and I just want to confirm: this movie is still only available in theaters, right? I couldn't find the DVD anywhere. I just finished watching this series for the 6th or 7th time and I was hoping to finish it off with the second movie (already watched the first) but its nowhere to be found.
First movie is already available in BD, DVD... etc.

Second movie is still running in theaters, I don't think I have yet come across any info stating media releases.

- Tak

Old 2011-05-13, 13:04   Link #2198
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
First movie is already available in BD, DVD... etc.

Second movie is still running in theaters, I don't think I have yet come across any info stating media releases.

- Tak
Hello, once its out of theaters, how long would the sub time be?
Old 2011-05-13, 13:07   Link #2199
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Hello, once its out of theaters, how long would the sub time be?
Huh? That would first depend on when they will get a hold of the movie itself.

- Tak

Old 2011-05-14, 00:52   Link #2200
Lancel

Quote:
Huh? That would first depend on when they will get a hold of the movie itself.

- Tak
Which will most likely be when it comes out on BD/DVD. Which will probably be November. At the earliest.
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song