Old 2004-11-29, 00:25   Link #41
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
http://www.studiooto.com/index.htm
http://jtv-drama.org/
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/
http://drama.afraid.org/jem/active_torrents.html

These are where I have been getting Jdramas from, and there are more links on these pages as well.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 08:45   Link #42
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
d-addicts is indead pretty neat. I like many taiwanese stories based on japanese mangas. For example mars, marmalade boy, also watch a korean serie called damo.
Why do I like asian drama? It's got story, something most western dramas don't have.
CerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 11:12   Link #43
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Can someone tell me if Kimi wa Petto gets any better after the first episode or two? I didn't really like the beginning and I don't want to waste bandwidth downloading something that I ultimately don't enjoy.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:31   Link #44
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Can someone tell me if Kimi wa Petto gets any better after the first episode or two? I didn't really like the beginning and I don't want to waste bandwidth downloading something that I ultimately don't enjoy.
Definetly, it doesn't pick up til a little later. I loved this series, it was definetly worth the watch and I couldn't wait til each new episode came out once I got into it.
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 11:44   Link #45
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenichan
Definetly, it doesn't pick up til a little later. I loved this series, it was definetly worth the watch and I couldn't wait til each new episode came out once I got into it.
And what episode did you "get into it"?
Old 2004-11-30, 23:32   Link #46
donna8157

"Kimi wa Petto" is definitely one of the cutest dramas ever! I definitely recommend seeing it if you can, especially since all 10 episodes are released on JTV.

Other series that I highly recommend are:

"Summer Snow"
"GTO Live Action"
"Beautiful Life"
"Majo no Jouken"
"Long Vacation"
"Pride"
"Good Luck!"
"Hero"
"Ice World"
"Antique Cake Store"
"Taiyou no Kisetsu" <-- just saw this, it's soo good.

KDramas:

Autumn Tale
Winter Sonata
Bright Girl's Success Story
My Love, Patzzi
Full House
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 01:24   Link #47
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
And what episode did you "get into it"?

I can't really pinpoint it.. but maybe between 3-5?
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 14:55   Link #48
Sakuya
*Artist

Has anybody heard of Onsen e Ikou/Let's Go Onsen? It's a 5-season (so far) series and I'm looking for seasons 4 and 5 subbed/raw for download. I used Google but no searches. JDorama doesn't work at the moment and D-Addicts doesn't seem to have it when I searched. It's pretty funny and since it spawned 5 seasons, it has to be popular right? The reason I'm downloading is because it doesn't seem like my local Japanse channel will pick them up for subbing. At least not yet, it's been many months since the end of the third season's premiere on the channel.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 18:00   Link #49
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
Lets bring this thread back to life - JDrama is great - watching pride, orange days, and hana - thx to the recommendations of this community =)

Although anime is good mmm lets see. rephrase

We all watch anime because we really enjoy it... but partly its because of the culture behind anime. I am sure that if this community was to watch some live action japanese series that they would feel the same as they do when watching anime.

=)

To recommend three in order of best: Great Teacher Onizuka Live action, H2 Live action, Densha Otoko - thats out of quite a few live action series - these are definatly my three best.
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 19:04   Link #50
Rui

im currently watching/previously watched: Gachibaka, Summer Snow, Orange Days, Kisarazu Cat's Eye, nobuta wo produce, and 1 litre of Tears.

Jdrama is great XD...I still like anime.

As for other recommendations, i recommend: Summer Snow, Orange Days, and 1 Litre of Tears
Rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 19:08   Link #51
sorvani

i personally didn't really care for GTO. I thought Gokusen was done much better.

Hana Yori Dango, Saiyuuki, Nurse Aoi, Lunch Queen, Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake, and Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu, are all shows i've watchd in the last 6 months.

Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake was an extremely good story about HIV/AIDS.

To answer kj1980's question from 2004, the reason i like j-drama's so much as compared to american television is because they are a coherent story from start to finish. American TV is extremely episodic. This means from episode to episode there is very little story carrying over. Japanese dramas, on the other hand are a complete story. The same is true with anime actually. This is why i like it. I like the STORY. American shows like southpark, family guy, & the simpsons do not interest me because there is no story there. just a bunch of loosely linked episodes.

Some few american shows do manage to pull off a very good story. but it is still a much longer thing, with many filler episodes. Some examples of this are Battlestar Gallactica(the new one), Stargate (SG1 & Atlantis), & Babylon 5.

Of course there are episodic Japanese TV shows too, but i don't watch those any more than i watch american ones.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 19:29   Link #52
sanghyun1990
상현

is JDrama smiliar to Korean? if it is I probably will not like it. Only KDrama that I like was the history one like Immortal Yi Soon Shin.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 19:34   Link #53
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghyun1990
is JDrama smiliar to Korean? if it is I probably will not like it. Only KDrama that I like was the history one like Immortal Yi Soon Shin.
I would say similiar but different, I like Jdrama but I don't care for kdramas.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 19:58   Link #54
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Yay Jdrama!! ^^

Recently I just saw the Tricks. It's really an enligthening series. I learnt so many stuffs from that show. The main character is a genius. But how did she stay dirt poor? I don't understand at all. XD

Yamada: 'I can read your mind. Now I'll prove it to you.'
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 23:06   Link #55
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Hehe glad your part of the dorama club. ^-^

I just finished Season in the Sun "Taiyou_No_Kisetsu". Awesome. Its a shame I remember so much of the stupid maid's bad bad bad acting lol.. Anyway, I recommend this one.
Old 2006-03-25, 12:00   Link #56
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
I just finished Season in the Sun "Taiyou_No_Kisetsu". Awesome. Its a shame I remember so much of the stupid maid's bad bad bad acting lol.. Anyway, I recommend this one.
I just finished this series too. It's pretty good, but not the greatest. I had a difficult time relating to the protagonist and never knew what he was thinking. Yeah, the actor who played the maid sucked and I hated her character as well (she was also Hiromi's mother in Ace wo Nerai!). I think the series had a really shitty ending personally.

Despite all that griping, it was well worth the time it took to watch.
Old 2006-03-26, 20:32   Link #57
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Does anyone know if there are any soft subs of 1 Litre of Tears? 'Cause I got all of the episodes in almost DVD quality, but can't find any subs... >_<|| I know no Japanese ;_;
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 10:54   Link #58
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
no idea sorry sakura chan
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 16:20   Link #59
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

I just finished Nobuta wo Produce, and it was alright =_=

I watched a bit of Densha Otoko in Japan, and finished the rest when I got back. I went out of my way to buy a Hanshin Tigers hat because of the Osakan-ota ^^;

I started Yasha, but the production/acting was so cheesy that I didn't bother watching the second episode.

I generally like watching Asian television more than American television (Canadian TV just sucks =_=) since in many cases, Asian dramas finish within one season of airing, while American dramas drag on and on.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 16:44   Link #60
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I thought Nobuta wo Produce was awful. One of the main leads (The rich dizzy guy) was the most annoying character in anything I've EVER seen.

For some reason I only like drama about people in my age group (young adults).

I'm following JDrama the same way I'm following anime, as in watching only the currently airing series. The Spring Season for JDrama was AWFUL in my opinion. I hated Kurosagi. That Teru Teru Ashita was OK, but I didn't like the supernatural element. I also tried the Busu one, which was actually kinda funny, but I'm not really following that either. I thought all hope was lost till Summer.

Until I stumbled across Gal Circle. Japanese girls, para para, "indian" cowboy, adorable "indian", crazy patrolman, obsessive busu woman, odd coffee shop owner, densha otoko guy = ULTIMATE FUSION.

I am so in love with Gal Circle. *Goes to watch it*