AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-14, 19:08   Link #301
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
How do you pronounce Noein?
Noh-eh-ee-n.

BTW, episode 18 is out.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 19:36   Link #302
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Heh thanks, I need to know for the next cast.
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 20:01   Link #303
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
Heh thanks, I need to know for the next cast.
Learn a bit of kana. 8)

Seriously, I am not trying to be snotty, but knowing katakana and hiragana (which are supereasy to learn) will be of great help in learning how to pronounce a lot of names in anime.
Old 2006-02-14, 20:25   Link #304
AnimePlus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Learn a bit of kana. 8)

Seriously, I am not trying to be snotty, but knowing katakana and hiragana (which are supereasy to learn) will be of great help in learning how to pronounce a lot of names in anime.
Meh... Kana... Japanese... Vietnamese, all the same.
Old 2006-02-14, 20:34   Link #305
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Waai, Episode 18 was so good in both action and plot advancement.

Spoiler:

On a separate note, I just can't image how screwed up Noein must be inside, to be able to mess with everyone's head (Haruka, Karasu, Kuina, etc.) so adeptly...

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-02-14 at 21:21.
Old 2006-02-15, 04:13   Link #306
wao
OK.

Splendiferous: Hey, well I do want to translate them... I shall MAKE the time to do it even if I'm tired, dammit!

And episode 18 couldn't download any faster~ (thank you so much in oodles and piles, musouka)

(and I don't mean medical piles)
Old 2006-02-15, 04:19   Link #307
Splendiferous
To Shangrila or Bust!

Still watching Ep. 18, but damn I knew it, if my Nihongo hasn't failed me then:

Spoiler:
Splendiferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 04:45   Link #308
Splendiferous
To Shangrila or Bust!

Okaaaay...so now some things are completely blown out of the water:

As Mr. Prophet says
Spoiler:
Splendiferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 06:08   Link #309
wao
OK.

Hm. Ep 18 showed some important things though it wasn't, like, another ep 12 or 16. I'd say 17 was better...

Spoiler:

Hmmmmmmmm.

Spoiler for general idea of what ep 19 will be about:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Now I can see the link forming between the principle of observation (or whatever it's called, forgive my ignorance) in quantum physics, the idea that what Haruka sees is the "real" world, and that utterance at the beginning of every episode preview....

She's seeing a dream again... the dream of that summer.

Oh I am going to be so sad if it turns out that she'll never 'wake up' from this dream and she'll just see the cycle repeat... and repeat... and repeat... just like all the circular motifs in the show like the Torque and the Ring of Uruboros and so on...

EDIT: ...and OH YES.
Why the hell
is that 8mm tape
called
ハルカ ワオ
?!

Last edited by wao; 2006-02-15 at 06:52.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 07:47   Link #310
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Yeah, I thought "Haruka Wao" was hilarious. 8)

BTW, Noein's blue eye looked like Haruka's, you know, at that moment where she activates the Torque. Red eye looks like the Uroboros eye.
Old 2006-02-15, 12:53   Link #311
User35785

I think Noein's eye was blue because of the green filter applied to the video when the time stopped.

Oh and by the way:
Spoiler for next episode preview:
User35785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 13:13   Link #312
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
EDIT: ...and OH YES.
Why the hell
is that 8mm tape
called
ハルカ ワオ
?!
Because they just love you THAT much, wao. :P Actually, I believe it's supposed to be "Haruka, age 7".

Man, this ep was a bit of a letdown actually. Ep 17 was better. Though we got some things explained, it felt like such a copout
Spoiler:
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 18:23   Link #313
AnimePlus
Banned

I'm really liking it so far, I've only seen the first few episodes but it is definitely different.
Old 2006-02-15, 21:32   Link #314
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Because they just love you THAT much, wao. :P Actually, I believe it's supposed to be "Haruka, age 7".
You're probably right, but I prefer to think they've been following this thread and just wanted to give credit where credit is due.
Spoiler for Haruka wao/nanasai? image:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 23:57   Link #315
kinniku_man
masked man

nana-sai / age 7
kinniku_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 05:25   Link #316
wao
OK.

Nonsense, there's no reason they'd be following this thread... sheesh, I wish they'd write "7" clearly - without the hangy thingy! Though I guess if you look carefully the hangy thingy is pointy, which wouldn't make it a "wa". nana-sai makes a lot more sense anyway.

It's possible that
Spoiler:

Wheehee, episode after next is Shoji Kawamori's. Let's see what he does. I cannot wait to watch it especially since it's about
Spoiler for stuff from newtype preview:

EDIT: By the way, some Japanese fans noticed that Isami's shirt changes colour in the episode... mistake by the animators, but it's just a nitpick so who cares. Though I really find this particular screenshot really amusing:
Spoiler for size, it's really not spoiling a single thing though:

Hehe.

EDIT(3): OK, I somehow managed to scribble a quasi-translation of page one of the interview with Kazuki Akane on Web Anime Style. I won't guarantee its accuracy, but I don't think it's really inaccurate per se. It's just that I probably haven't captured the nuances and what not accurately - to be honest, I'm dead tired and I can't think, so this is as good as it gets for now. If you know Japanese and you can improve on this PLEASE DO!
Here you go, translation.

The bit I'm most unsure about is the part where he talks about parents. Keep in mind the parent-child relationships in the show, it may make a bit more sense. (esp. Haruka's mother)

PS: There are absolutely no spoilers in there at all, you could have not watched the show and still read it without missing much - it'd just seem quite confusing, thanks to my vagueness :P.

EDIT#2: Soundtrack 2 out on 24 March!! Not much longer, I can't wait! There was some nice music in episode 18 that hasn't been used so far. Also there are small preview screenshots of ep 19 available on the main site.

Last edited by wao; 2006-02-17 at 09:12.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 21:23   Link #317
wao
OK.

OMG! I'm sorry for the double post but Anime Style has put up pictures of the character designs - the ones with all the emotions and stuff like that - here, and here.

Ai's character design, when you look at it, is so good! The eyes and the way the face and hair is drawn gives a very genuine and original sort of feeling. And I think it's really awesome how the characters all have different kinds of eyes. Yuu's character looks very real there even if it doesn't seem that way in the show due to the oscillating ways of drawing him. There's really this "angsty brat" feeling comingo ut from him and those eyes of his really do look like Karasu's.
Old 2006-02-17, 22:17   Link #318
AnimePlus
Banned

Nice avatar and sig wao I really like it, I love the characters in Noein
Old 2006-02-17, 22:36   Link #319
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

BTW, wao, enshutsu is "animation directior". But yeah, you got the idea right. 8)
Old 2006-02-17, 22:53   Link #320
wao
OK.

Depends on your interpretation of it. Enshutsu in the anime case is more like a per-episode director because IIRC he overlooks the various scenes and the production of the various cuts, but he also seems to coordinate the background and colouring and stuff in one episode it seems.

I did not use "animation director" anyway because it would confuse with "sakuga kantoku" which is almost always translated as "animation director", though really it is more like "drawings corrector" because 90% of the time, sakuga kantoku don't seem to actually do anything with the ANIMATION, but more like the drawings (faces and so on) and the types of lines. Kazuki Akane certainly didn't do that.