AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-23, 22:57   Link #1781
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
William Orwell?
it would definitely make a lot of girls to swoon, but unfortunately for you, is not it, think in something easier to sell.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 22:59   Link #1782
Miraluka
Banned

He did he same with that ero maid Angel cosplay and Knight Leader was delighted.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 00:09   Link #1783
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
William Orwell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Saw the cover. That looked like William Orwell to me. Damn...only he can make a wedding dress look that manly.
William Orville is going to marry Hamazura.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 00:16   Link #1784
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
William Orville is going to marry Hamazura.
No need to fear. The cover had the wedding dress owner's hand being held by another.
Old 2014-05-25, 04:10   Link #1785
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
No need to fear. The cover had the wedding dress owner's hand being held by another.
I really want Ridea and Acqua to get together already... Sigh... They're such an awesome couple IMO. (After-effect of just having read volumes 17, 18 and still not having bad time to get my insane freaking out about how cool Acqua is out of the way yet.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 08:21   Link #1786
Miraluka
Banned

^
Times never interacted with Acqua, that was Villain.
Old 2014-05-25, 20:22   Link #1787
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
^
Times never interacted with Acqua, that was Villain.
I just read the volume, and I already forgot Villian's name wow... But yeah I meant Villian. I really liked their chemistry. Acqua was a boss there.
Old 2014-05-26, 04:14   Link #1788
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Nichijou Index-san chapter 2 translate out.

Kanzaki S2
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 17:17   Link #1789
Miraluka
Banned

Gambatte, Kanzaki-san ;__;
Old 2014-05-26, 20:40   Link #1790
jrdragon2006

We are looking for better quality of To Aru Nichijou no Index-san Raw chapters to use in our translation. if anyone got any pls send them to my FB page ''To Aru Universe''
thx
jrdragon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 20:06   Link #1791
jrdragon2006

I just upload Index-san chapter 3 on batoto
jrdragon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 21:44   Link #1792
Miraluka
Banned

Nichijou Index, Pokémon style:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-06-15, 08:27   Link #1793
LG-MAX 2.o

Index-san 4 out
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 17:02   Link #1794
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Just curious unless I'm blind, but why hasn't this manga been released offically in English while the Railgun series has? Despite being a side story? Been trying to find a way to buy the official English collection, but only can find french ones.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 17:13   Link #1795
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Just curious unless I'm blind, but why hasn't this manga been released offically in English while the Railgun series has? Despite being a side story? Been trying to find a way to buy the official English collection, but only can find french ones.
Because uninformed western otakus (and basically anyone who watches anime think this sucks because Touma isn't Naruto or Ichigo and they never stick around until the actual good parts begins (anime stopped literally where everything escalates to epic proportions), also for western anime fans unless studio ghibli makes it or is Akira (u'm not really a fan of those, although i do admit studio ghibli knows quality) they don't care much for anime.

Now we have to wait and see if this series starts picking up more of a following once the LN volumes begin releasing and word of mouth spreads (as long as people actually give it more tham just a glance before judging it), but as of now the western fanbase is small, this is a niche series over on this side of the world, really hope it gets the attention it deserves volume 14 onwards needs to be read by everyone.

P.S. everyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2014-06-28, 21:09   Link #1796
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Seven Seas Entertainment only bought the license for the Railgun manga as of yet nobody has bought the Index license- there is however the French, Italian and Chinese license.

Yen Press licensed the LN, whether this would eventually extend to the manga is anybody's guess.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 22:59   Link #1797
Miraluka
Banned

New Index-tan is out.

Btw, who is the character Index is cosplaying as?
Old 2014-06-29, 23:36   Link #1798
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Because uninformed western otakus (and basically anyone who watches anime think this sucks because Touma isn't Naruto or Ichigo and they never stick around until the actual good parts begins (anime stopped literally where everything escalates to epic proportions), also for western anime fans unless studio ghibli makes it or is Akira (u'm not really a fan of those, although i do admit studio ghibli knows quality) they don't care much for anime.

Now we have to wait and see if this series starts picking up more of a following once the LN volumes begin releasing and word of mouth spreads (as long as people actually give it more tham just a glance before judging it), but as of now the western fanbase is small, this is a niche series over on this side of the world, really hope it gets the attention it deserves volume 14 onwards needs to be read by everyone.

P.S. everyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Well... I kind of agree with your take..., but I will also say that it's really partly because LN series aren't much of a concept in the US. People don't realize that Index/Railgun (or at least Index) has a manga much less a Light Novel series, and people don't know that Index is a huge LN series in Japan. This could lead to why people don't hear of it at all, which honestly happened to me until a friend randomly showed Index I to me, and I luckily got immediately hooked. But it wasn't until I read the LN's that I realized it was really well done, and I decided to slow down and read it more carefully, and rewatch it...

The big problem is that everyone has a tendency not to look deeper into things unless they have an initial reason to do so in the first place. I naturally tend to give things a chance, so that factored into why I was able to enjoy it... The problem is that many Western Anime fans are very superficial, and won't watch enough to see it hit its stride.

But we shouldn't get carried away either... the anime isn't perfect, and the novels really only get good around volume 13/14 when the season 2 of the anime ends. People like Railgun because of the excellent music, characterization, pacing, and because it's adapted from a manga which makes it much easier to do very well... This splits the already small fan base into different parts that only like part of it. That's the main problem. Though, honestly, I also hope that the Yen Press LN's will increase interest.

Also, given that the Index arc is missing some important arcs I'm not sure whether Kamachi cares about it that much or if he's just trying to move the chronology around for another reason... I mean on the first few pages of Volume 1... he even gives the wrong size for Academy City's population in the Japanese manga... I think it says 25 million instead of 2.5 million... and the mistake happens at least twice... (unless the LN translation and Wikia just got it wrong instead).
Old 2014-07-12, 18:10   Link #1799
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Looks like the last chapter of Index Daihaisensai is out with Oriana being defeated.

Also, young Sister Oriana backstory?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 20:27   Link #1800
Pablete
Banned

I wonder how this got to be?

I mean, look at Oriana from the past and compare her to her current self.

My loli nun can't be this lewd and hot.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen