AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-09, 03:18   Link #1
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
(Legend of) Condor Hero Discussion

Okay, Live-eviL has released ep 15 of Condor Hero and it's an awesome episode. This show is really getting better with each ep!

Now, new rule, no more bitching about condor hero releases for at least 2 more weeks

-Tofu
Old 2003-11-09, 03:31   Link #2
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
All hale ye who calls himself tofusensei,he has provided us with are fix of the dangerous drug know only as Condor Hero.

And i swear i wont bitch about 16,just to let you know i didnt really bitch,well i did at tanman for telling us all that he was goning to watch it like 2 weeks ago.He was just rubbing it in are faces.
Old 2003-11-09, 04:22   Link #3
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Yeah 15 is out im dloading it now, i cant wait. Thanks Tofu
Old 2003-11-09, 05:05   Link #4
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Thank you so much~! I'm downloading it now. I'm *loving* Condor Hero so much! I can't believe I had never heard of it and I'm glad I randomly downloaded it one day. ^-^ Ooh I can't wait~
Old 2003-11-09, 05:47   Link #5
Miscreant

Okay, I won't bitch. I will however, shake my fits at the sky and wonder why oh why must the only episode we're likely to see for the next few weeks, end on such a cliffhanger?

I've been waiting for months to see Youka -- for lack of a good euphemism -- kick someone's ass, with his new martial arts techniques.

Does that count as bitching? If it does, I'll temper it with a little praise. Great job on this episode guys. Condor Hero is one of the rare animes that I can instantly get back into, even if I haven't seen an episode in a while.

On a side note, was Condor Hero ever released on DVD in Japan?
Old 2003-11-09, 06:26   Link #6
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Just finished watching this episode and I gotta say it was awsome, words cannot explain what I felt when (well u could guess what im going to say but i dont wanna spoil it). In this episode I think I felt what Youka was feeling. Nooooo another two weeks again till the next release, but i'll wait quietly.
Old 2003-11-09, 11:16   Link #7
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

I just watched it. Unfortunately the animation for fights is just terrible. Must be a really tight budget.
Old 2003-11-09, 13:44   Link #8
LynnieS

Miscreant - Not that I had found. If a R2 version came out in DVD, it was likely a short run.

The anime, though, is available as a Cantonese dub on YesAsia.com, but they're no longer carrying the first 12 episodes. The last batch, episodes 13 through 26, is available.
Old 2003-11-09, 13:49   Link #9
Tofusensei

Trust me, if there were any available better raws than the one L-E is using, I would have personally bought them the second they were available. :/

-Tofu
Old 2003-11-09, 15:12   Link #10
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
i watched the episode and it was great
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-09, 17:55   Link #11
Daeluin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch
I just watched it. Unfortunately the animation for fights is just terrible. Must be a really tight budget.
I think it's pretty good, considering it was done in 2001. usually older things pale in comparison when surrounded by the bleeding edge.
Old 2003-11-09, 18:05   Link #12
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I really don't care too much about the animation quality I think the animation level is bearable hardly noticeable. Any fan of CH knows its the story that counts, the story is simply amazing.
Old 2003-11-09, 19:02   Link #13
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Ah! Now I'm dying for the next episode~ I really wish it had been released on R2 DVD because I would *so* buy it. =/ All I can hope for now is maybe someone licensing it .:cough:. ..anywone? lol.

This was a pretty good episode I think. ^_^; I was waiting for him to start showing off his skills. But I cannot wait to see what happens next! X_X
Old 2003-11-09, 20:02   Link #14
kvi

Man I love this series! After watching episode 15, I was so hyped up I felt like running around. Keep up the good work!
Old 2003-11-09, 22:56   Link #15
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
i watched the episode and it was great
Spoiler:
I don't think Mongolians will appreciate you calling them that. The author never depicated the Mongol characters as particulary evil, they are "bad" because of political reasons(though they rape and pillage). Most the really evil individuals are Han Chinese and there are quite a few good Mongolians.

The Mongolians were the "good" guys till the end of The Legend Of The Condor Heroes when Ghengis Khan invaded The Song Empire, thus the Song people hated the Mongols, and this topic of hatred between these two nations will be further explored in the sequel, Heaven Sword And Dragon Sabre, where the distinction between good and bad guys are tackled.
Old 2003-11-10, 00:03   Link #16
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Pretty good episode, but then I already know the story as I've read the Chinese novel. ^_^
Old 2003-11-10, 00:15   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
..yeap...the animators are being payed minimum wage...result is a terrible fighting scenes...I curse my boss everyday (not outloud) and do as little as possible..So I can relate to the animators..But I have to say what the drawing lacks, the story makes up for it..overall a definitely addictive anime...

Quote:
I don't think Mongolians will appreciate you calling them that..
lol..if Gengish Khan and Halaku Khan hears, they will just abandon their resting place and come out for some good old head-hunting..

Last edited by monir; 2003-11-10 at 00:33.
Old 2003-11-10, 00:22   Link #18
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepiraph
Pretty good episode, but then I already know the story as I've read the Chinese novel. ^_^
I guess there's little hope of finding the novels in English?

Mind you, I'm not bitching, but from time to time I have this dream where L-E pulls off another "You're Under Arrest 2nd Season Release" and releases all of Condor Hero in one day.

<sigh> Those were days. I even still remember poor Misuzu. Alas, I knew her well. A girl of infinite bandwidth
Old 2003-11-10, 00:54   Link #19
Tofusensei

hehe!! The good old days!! ^_^;;;

But I think if the public found out we were hoarding CH eps, I'd probably receive death threats daily!

-Tofu
Old 2003-11-10, 03:00   Link #20
Jinx626
Yo!!

I am sorta confused on why Koko was acting all lovely dubby with Youka in this episode...those who have seen the Return of the Condor heroes tv drama or read the novels could answer this. Has Koko forgiven Youka for the incident/misunderstanidng in Ep 8?? Or has she found out the truth??