AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 06:55   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 85 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 07:35   Link #2
takodori

Just wow. This episode is rich in actions that Kishimoto did not illustrate in Manga.

Spoiler for episode:
takodori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 07:47   Link #3
neshru

The episode looked incredible, as expected. Top notch art and animation, undoubtedly one of the best looking Naruto episodes. But honestly, it wasn't the incredible experience than I thought it would be. Most of the added fighting scenes were uninspired and boring, and the terrible choice of music took all the excitement away.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 16:21   Link #4
mrsticky005
Banned

Hmm I suppose whatever "neshru" was expecting was probably in essence "the perfection of shonen fighting" because well to me this was a pretty damn good episode.
They can't have anything too dramatic in the added fight scenes because it might contradict
later in the manga (as if the fillers don't already do that...) and also because they cannot
disregards the laws of Naruto (i.e Shikamaru does not know Fireball Jutsu).
The Shikamaru v Hidan arc was my fave in the manga but this episode was icing on the proverbial cake...damn why must the cake be proverbial? Why can't it be a literal cake?
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 17:46   Link #5
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Hmm I suppose whatever "neshru" was expecting was probably in essence "the perfection of shonen fighting" because well to me this was a pretty damn good episode.
I never said it wasn't a good episode, the incredible animation quality alone makes it one of the best Naruto episodes. But it could have been better.
Not only the choice of music was bad, but most of the anime original scenes sucked:
-The scene with the black things firing useless lasers at Kakashi was meh;
-Kakashi being a bunshin was so fucking predictable, and we've seen that trick a thousand times already;
-Chouji and Ino getting owned without showing anything decent was disappointing. I thought Chouji would show something better than a punch before going down and I expected Ino to mind-control Kakuzu while he was choking her, but nothing;
-The trick Shikamaru used to hit Kakuzu was so lame, not to mention he threw an exploding note at him when his friends were still there (somehow they didn't get hurt lol);
- And finally, Kakashi fighting Kakuzu with taijutsu was so out of place. You are a legendary ninja who copied more than 1000 techniques and that's how you fight an Akatsuki? Come on.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 18:32   Link #6
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
They can't have anything too dramatic in the added fight scenes because it might contradict
later in the manga (as if the fillers don't already do that...) and also because they cannot
disregards the laws of Naruto (i.e Shikamaru does not know Fireball Jutsu).
The Shikamaru v Hidan arc was my fave in the manga but this episode was icing on the proverbial cake...damn why must the cake be proverbial? Why can't it be a literal cake?
Well afterall he cake is a lie.
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 18:43   Link #7
naruske

i dont know about you but this episode was freakin exciting. poor choji being attacked by kakuzu. im bummed we have to wait 2 weeks for the special on dec 4th.
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 18:46   Link #8
EoT
~~

Awesome episode but we gotta wait 2 weeks for the next one
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 21:28   Link #9
oompa loompa

complaints?? i think that was one of the best shippuuden episodes. right up there with chiyo and sakura vs sasori.. awesomeness..
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 21:30   Link #10
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
Awesome episode but we gotta wait 2 weeks for the next one
Yeah that really does suck. Jerks know how good the next one is going to be so definitely making everyone suffer until it comes out.

Still the episode was definitely a fun one. Kakashi really being pushed in this one having to handle those guys. Definitely if he didn't have the sharingan he wouldn't have held out so long. Though it was obvious nice use of the shadow clone to distract Hidan so he could head out to help Chouji and Ino. Those scrolls of Shikamaru's are definitely handy to have.

Kakazu is just insane like I thought though. Guy has even fought the first Hokage!? They are up against a bloody monster here. Going around surviving by stealing hearts from shinobi he kills. He's like a bloody Orochimaru except using a different method. Somehow Kakashi, Ino, and Chouji have to kill his 4 remaining hearts. Definitely going to need the backup group though. Question of how long Kakashi can keep this up with all the chakra he's been using. Just a bit sad feeling a super rasengan is going to end this one.

Normally I'd be worried about Shikamaru, but I'm 100% confident that injury is part of his plans. If he really wanted to stop Hidan would have acted before he finished setting up the blood symbol. Still think he used that vial to fake Hidan getting some of his blood.

Sadly I've got to wait a couple weeks to find out if I was right .
Old 2008-11-20, 22:01   Link #11
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hahaha that cliffhanger is pretty good for those who haven't already figured it out by what it was. Most of you already have the idea but sadly theres thousands of people who have no idea rofl.

Not really a "special" imo when they make you wait 2 weeks for it. It's just like 1 week per ep and since they skip next week you see 2.

And joy we see Naruto next ep lol.
Old 2008-11-20, 22:20   Link #12
`ToNy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah that really does suck. Jerks know how good the next one is going to be so definitely making everyone suffer until it comes out.

Still the episode was definitely a fun one. Kakashi really being pushed in this one having to handle those guys. Definitely if he didn't have the sharingan he wouldn't have held out so long. Though it was obvious nice use of the shadow clone to distract Hidan so he could head out to help Chouji and Ino. Those scrolls of Shikamaru's are definitely handy to have.

Kakazu is just insane like I thought though. Guy has even fought the first Hokage!? They are up against a bloody monster here. Going around surviving by stealing hearts from shinobi he kills. He's like a bloody Orochimaru except using a different method. Somehow Kakashi, Ino, and Chouji have to kill his 4 remaining hearts. Definitely going to need the backup group though. Question of how long Kakashi can keep this up with all the chakra he's been using. Just a bit sad feeling a super rasengan is going to end this one.

Normally I'd be worried about Shikamaru, but I'm 100% confident that injury is part of his plans. If he really wanted to stop Hidan would have acted before he finished setting up the blood symbol. Still think he used that vial to fake Hidan getting some of his blood.

Sadly I've got to wait a couple weeks to find out if I was right .

looks like someone read the manga gtfo of here.
`ToNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 22:56   Link #13
Fran~
floating away...

Same animation team from episode 82... great work. The way they added some sugar to the episode was great (it is not exactly like the manga, but still awesome).

I have high hopes for the Special...
Old 2008-11-20, 23:08   Link #14
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

son of a cliffhanger...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:25   Link #15
APastelPainting

God it's so annoying how Chouji and Ino can't do anything but get their asses kicked.
APastelPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:37   Link #16
SeanQ

It's a good thing they did get their ass kicked...Kakuzu gives one of the best taijutsu presentations ever...but yeah...I like how Kakuzu just stayed quiet and didn't talk shit like all the other characters except until the end...he just straight up started beating on the fat turd...oh a kunai...stares and choke rape the hell out of Ino and then some more Chouji...It's too bad the Hidan's action time was lame...though I like all his crazy laughs and shrieking.
________
LAMBORGHINI CALA HISTORY

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:30.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:39   Link #17
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Good episode and one heck of a cliffhanger, gotta wait two weeks eh?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:41   Link #18
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

It's too bad this show isn't about Shikamaru and Kakashi. They are such much more interesting and badass than Naruto and Sasuke!! Hidan and Kakuzu are both awesome villains too. I am going to miss this arc when it ends....
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:57   Link #19
ThoHell

I few things I didn't like but I'm not going to complain since this was a good episode. Haven't had one this good for a LONG time...KAKASHI IS AWESOME! Can't wait for the 1 hour special, the arrival of Naruto is going to be awesome!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 00:26   Link #20
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

Now that was a fantastic episode, the anime only parts were incredibly well done IMO. Nothing felt out of place for me.
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote