AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-24, 06:59   Link #461
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
My apology.

/bow.
meh, grammar mistakes do occur sometimes
Old 2007-09-24, 18:50   Link #462
Riddly
It can't be...

Very random question, but has the characters telepathic communication ever been touched upon? I'm curious about if there's a limit range to how far a person can speak telepathically to another.

For instance, if Fate is away on a mission in some far off world, would she still be able to speak telepathically to Nanoha/Erio/Caro etc?

I don't know if there's an actual answer to that, but just thought I'd ask.
Old 2007-09-24, 21:57   Link #463
arkhangelsk

We've seen examples of interdimensional conversations b/w the Wolkenritter. There's presumably a range limit somewhere but we hadn't seen it yet.
Old 2007-09-24, 22:27   Link #464
Riddly
It can't be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
We've seen examples of interdimensional conversations b/w the Wolkenritter. There's presumably a range limit somewhere but we hadn't seen it yet.
That's true, I had forgotten about those scenes from season 2. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 2007-09-24, 22:31   Link #465
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Shamal seems to be able to spoof caller-id
Old 2007-09-27, 07:22   Link #466
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Speaking of which, there's one thing I'd like clarified. Since asking at the 26 thread didn't get any response.

Spoiler for Episode 26:

I need it for the OC thread...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-27, 07:30   Link #467
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Speaking of which, there's one thing I'd like clarified. Since asking at the 26 thread didn't get any response.

Spoiler for Episode 26:

I need it for the OC thread...
Yes, well, technically Jail and the loyal-tans are imprisoned on a floating space-station, while the traitor-tans are imprisoned on a planet. The planet the space station is orbiting looked kinda dead, if I recall, while the one with the traitor-tans looked better from the windows.
Old 2007-09-27, 07:41   Link #468
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yes, well, technically Jail and the loyal-tans are imprisoned on a floating space-station, while the traitor-tans are imprisoned on a planet. The planet the space station is orbiting looked kinda dead, if I recall, while the one with the traitor-tans looked better from the windows.
Yup, the planet that the prison orbits seems similar to Mars, or at least similar to Europa, while the isolation center the other Numbers are kept is a floating facility in the middle of an ocean of sorts, with blue skies.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-27, 07:47   Link #469
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I know that they're prisoned separately. Those two groups. One is somewhere in some station floating over some world, and the other in the middle of Mid-childa's ocean.

My question was, are Jail and his loyal-tans prisoned individually in different off-world prisons (( since I heard something akin to that in the monologue )) or are they just prisoned in single cells in the same red-planet prison?

It's likely the latter based on how it was shown, but I'd rather some concrete sounding.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-27, 08:04   Link #470
Liingo
Love Hina?

I think that it's just one prison but I could be wrong..(not that fluent in jap)

I'm looking at the raw right now and while there's 3 shots of the outside of the prison along with the numbers in the pan shot, the colour of each of the shots look like they're from the same prison, just at different angles.

"taikou scaglietti to jiken sou sa i kyouroku no ishi mise na kata sentoukijin tachi wa sore zore betsu sekai no kidou kou shisho(jishou)"

-That's pretty much the dialogue during that pan if that helps at all (not entirely correct... but close to it).
Old 2007-09-27, 11:22   Link #471
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I know that they're prisoned separately. Those two groups. One is somewhere in some station floating over some world, and the other in the middle of Mid-childa's ocean.

My question was, are Jail and his loyal-tans prisoned individually in different off-world prisons (( since I heard something akin to that in the monologue )) or are they just prisoned in single cells in the same red-planet prison?

It's likely the latter based on how it was shown, but I'd rather some concrete sounding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
I think that it's just one prison but I could be wrong..(not that fluent in jap)

I'm looking at the raw right now and while there's 3 shots of the outside of the prison along with the numbers in the pan shot, the colour of each of the shots look like they're from the same prison, just at different angles.

"taikou scaglietti to jiken sou sa i kyouroku no ishi mise na kata sentoukijin tachi wa sore zore betsu sekai no kidou kou shisho(jishou)"

-That's pretty much the dialogue during that pan if that helps at all (not entirely correct... but close to it).
Has it been answered yet? Well if it hasn't, they're individually imprisoned in planetary orbital cells. I hope i wasn't too late.
Old 2007-09-27, 22:56   Link #472
X207
Gamyūsa

why does skag often say watashi? i find it a bit weird, does anyone else find it weird also?
Old 2007-09-28, 00:19   Link #473
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
why does skag often say watashi? i find it a bit weird, does anyone else find it weird also?
Not really. Males can say watashi too. It's a polite way of saying "I", more so than "boku".

It's his proof of being a gentleman.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-28, 00:21   Link #474
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
Watashi = "I" in formal.

The misconception is that only girls go 'Watashi' when referring to themselves. But the truth is, you'd find quite a lot of men in Japan using 'watashi' as a way to refer to themselves instead of the more informal and common 'boku' or 'ore'. It's for the sake of formality or plain preference in using a more dignified manner of speech.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-28, 10:01   Link #475
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Watashi = "I" in formal.

The misconception is that only girls go 'Watashi' when referring to themselves. But the truth is, you'd find quite a lot of men in Japan using 'watashi' as a way to refer to themselves instead of the more informal and common 'boku' or 'ore'. It's for the sake of formality or plain preference in using a more dignified manner of speech.
ah ty seranade and aaron, i didnt know watashi was a formal way to refer to yourselft
Old 2007-09-28, 11:37   Link #476
Nemesis

What was so similar in fan reactions in this season's to Gundam Seed Destiny?
Old 2007-09-28, 11:43   Link #477
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
What was so similar in fan reactions in this season's to Gundam Seed Destiny?
I'm no expert but it seems that most, if not all, of the good things that fans like in StrikerS were the fanservices moments... Well, basically the entire season seems to be more fanservice driven.
Old 2007-09-28, 23:39   Link #478
X207
Gamyūsa

lol for me it wasnt GSD. one of the first series that came to my mind when i started watching strikers s was mai otome
Old 2007-09-30, 23:26   Link #479
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I seriously want to watch this show because it's magical girl but I have to ask (and I'm sure it's been asked already) is Nanoha a yuri series? Because I've seen some pretty questionable images and seeing two nine-year-old girls kiss is a very disturbing thing to me....T_T;;

Or is it just fan-based?
Old 2007-09-30, 23:28   Link #480
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I seriously want to watch this show because it's magical girl but I have to ask (and I'm sure it's been asked already) is Nanoha a yuri series? Because I've seen some pretty questionable images and seeing two nine-year-old girls kiss is a very disturbing thing to me....T_T;;

Or is it just fan-based?
*Copy....Paste...*

Quote:
Not unless you want it to be.

Nanoha (especially strikers) has some scenes tat suggest shoujo ai, but you could just as easilly say that Nanoha and Fate are 'just friends'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Although the series suggest yuri, the show is based on really close friendship between the cast members. Don't let what it looks like to cloud your mind and fog what it really is.
Closed Thread