AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 00:15   Link #5321
gordol
Banned

GOL keeps being god tier with the new Gundam attachments. Also that Treize smile...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 02:44   Link #5322
Eeni

Ohhh... looks like we're staying with the OVA versions as the upgrades for the second half of the story. And looks like a little of Ep. 0 is being touched on. Nice! Though, what is this XXXG-Flame? Another previous name that Deathscythe Hell might have had? Or just the giant, demonic, attachable bat wings on it?

Another random question: we know that Disfuxdfjkgh was President of Mars (and possibly living as a married couple with his sister and her kids) and he got offed at the beginning. Zechs is around somewhere and apparently not really affiliated with anyone, other then the Lanigreen Group. Where and why was it important to introduce HoloZechs? What was his function (other then confuse the hell out of readers trying to keep up)?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 06:12   Link #5323
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Though, what is this XXXG-Flame? Another previous name that Deathscythe Hell might have had? Or just the giant, demonic, attachable bat wings on it?
I think it's just FRame...
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 14:23   Link #5324
susyia

Why wufeu is young in the picture?
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 18:11   Link #5325
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
Why wufeu is young in the picture?
Nevermind.

That said, they have been using the Young Version of hte characters on the cover of Frozen Teardrop for each Volume, so just following up one that I would wager.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 06:48   Link #5326
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
GOL keeps being god tier with the new Gundam attachments. Also that Treize smile...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I've put it on god tier from day one. The artwork, mix of subtle and major changes to the plot, the suits...just awesomeness all the way through.

Some Episode Zero action would be sweet for the next chapter. Legitimately excited for the colony arc.
Old 2013-04-26, 13:19   Link #5327
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I've put it on god tier from day one. The artwork, mix of subtle and major changes to the plot, the suits...just awesomeness all the way through.

Some Episode Zero action would be sweet for the next chapter. Legitimately excited for the colony arc.
If GOL can pull off at a least a chapter of a Milliardo in Epyon VS Treize in Tallgeese II fight then it'll be cemented as the best Gundam manga ever.
Old 2013-04-26, 17:56   Link #5328
Tendou Souji

6/26 for next volumes
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 19:19   Link #5329
susyia

funny quatre looks chubby
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 20:25   Link #5330
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
If GOL can pull off at a least a chapter of a Milliardo in Epyon VS Treize in Tallgeese II fight then it'll be cemented as the best Gundam manga ever.
Except the major plot holes. We're already at bipolar Lady Une? What? It's banking off the fact you know the story.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 21:11   Link #5331
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Except the major plot holes. We're already at bipolar Lady Une? What? It's banking off the fact you know the story.
I doubt GOL is the new canon, so they can do whatever they want.
Old 2013-04-29, 15:01   Link #5332
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Fully agreed. Zechs versus Treize would be ridiculous.

Quote:
I doubt GOL is the new canon, so they can do whatever they want.
Agreed again.

Still holding out hope for some some kind of nod to G-Unit.
Old 2013-04-29, 22:32   Link #5333
Aldaeus

I agree that GoL isn't the new official stuff regarding Wing. Its whole premise is that its a retelling of the story with some changes most notably the EW versions of all of the suits.

Which in and of themselves can drastically change the ending of the series with the design differences. The EW version of Wing Zero does not transform, and so the duel between Wing Zero and Epyon will change to a slight degree most likely.

Also: I do find that a nod to G-Unit is unlikely... mainly because there really isn't any reason for the main plot to go there. Unless some characters make a cameo like at one of Lady Une's speeches in the colonies.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 23:21   Link #5334
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oddly enough, though, the few references we have of Wing Zero in GoL point it to being the same design as in the TV version.

Which sorta fits with the one manga that showed Heero remodeling the Wing Zero into the Wing Zero Custom... which conflicts with Endless Waltz showing the Wing Zero Custom in the final battle at Libra.

On the whole FT/GoL retelling is kind of a mess at the moment.
Old 2013-04-30, 06:30   Link #5335
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

With the amount of additional custom weapons GoL has given us so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Wing Zero Custom was altered to allow for a bird mode. Just add a shield and change the wings a little.
Considering how Altron Custom has been re-retconned (un-retconned?) to feature its wings and beam cannon, I believe it's no far-fetched assumption.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 13:25   Link #5336
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
With the amount of additional custom weapons GoL has given us so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Wing Zero Custom was altered to allow for a bird mode. Just add a shield and change the wings a little.
Considering how Altron Custom has been re-retconned (un-retconned?) to feature its wings and beam cannon, I believe it's no far-fetched assumption.
I really don't see this as being likely. The Angel Wings already act as a sheild for Wing Zero EW and the entire design of the Wing's don't really lend it self to a bird mode.

I do agree it could get something, though we should remember that Wing Gundam EW is the only one to not feature new weapons/add ons, so it's not impossible that Zero EW will be the same.

Also Wing Zero EW is easily the most popular thing from Wing, so they likely won't feel the need to change it. The only thing that I see as a lock is them using the back mounted Twin Busters from the past so Zero EW isn't pulling them out of thin air every time.
Old 2013-04-30, 13:32   Link #5337
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Being the most popular doesn't necessarily mean they won't change it or give it addons. If they do that, then they can justify to themselves making a new model out of it, just like they did with the 00 second season models.
Old 2013-05-01, 03:07   Link #5338
FalsePrime

Add On's sure, but I don't see them adding a Trasformation gimick. I really doubt that they do anything at all to Wing Zero, as I said I think it will be just like Wing Gundam EW and stay overall the same.
Old 2013-05-03, 16:43   Link #5339
Wingzeroangelofdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
The only thing that I see as a lock is them using the back mounted Twin Busters from the past so Zero EW isn't pulling them out of thin air every time.
Were the twin busters mounted on the back of Zero TV version?

Also what do you guys refer to with G-unit? Some kind of Gundam unit/team? I'm sorry for not understanding
Old 2013-05-03, 17:22   Link #5340
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzeroangelofdeath View Post
Were the twin busters mounted on the back of Zero TV version?

Also what do you guys refer to with G-unit? Some kind of Gundam unit/team? I'm sorry for not understanding
G Unit is a spin off of Wing featuring a brand new cast and suits and takes place around the same time as Wing but in another part of space so the characters don't interact.

G Unit is unique in several ways, including the size of the suits is much more in line with the majority of other Gundams series and larger then the Main Wing suits. Also G Unit features a system that causes the suit to glow and move much in the same way Destiny or Trans Am suits do from Destiny and 00.

As for the Twin Buster rifles, no they aren't stored on the back of TV. However it was used as a storage location for the Zero EW in either the Novel or Manga, I can't rememeber which. It stands to reason they will use the docking system for them simply because this isn't like Endless Waltz where Zero will hardly be in the movie and they can get away with just pulling them out of a space pocket.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing