AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-28, 09:52   Link #81
marvelB

Well, like I mentioned in the previous thread, Garp will probably resolve the situation somehow when he arrives. Afterwards, the rest of the 3-day waiting period will most likely be spent on the usual post-battle celebration or something (I'd find it highly amusing if the other Supernovas decide to join in on the festivities if that's the case ).
Old 2008-07-28, 11:46   Link #82
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

SUPERNOVAS!!!!!

GARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna see LAW in Action! I wanna see Kidd own Kuma!!! I wanna see Hawkins just...PWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-07-28, 14:26   Link #83
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, like I mentioned in the previous thread, Garp will probably resolve the situation somehow when he arrives. Afterwards, the rest of the 3-day waiting period will most likely be spent on the usual post-battle celebration or something (I'd find it highly amusing if the other Supernovas decide to join in on the festivities if that's the case ).

But what I find it strange was that, say, they manage to repel Kizaru and KumaV2 on the first day, which is likely because I don't see them fighting for three stright days, won't Marines just send more backup at them for the next two days, seeing that Kizaru and co. arrived realitive quick.

If that's not the case then my guess is that SNs got to escape whatever situation they are in now and play hide and seek for the next two days, with some of them finding ways to escape or decides to work together to bust their way out of the island.
Old 2008-07-28, 14:26   Link #84
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, this makes the three days they have to wait in this kind of war-state even worse.
It is, but, they are not alone in that mess. There are a lot of fightings going on at the same time, and unless the civilians are evacuated it will not be very easy for the regular marines to find them. They can be found by stronger ones, as we know that to have happened. But, the number of those strong enemies are limited, and with Strawhats in full power, it is possible to drive back that force. Unlike their fightings until now, they don't need to move forward, all they need to do is to defend their positions, and that is a goal they can attain.
Old 2008-07-29, 04:08   Link #85
chitgoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Considering that Hawkins is a pirate with a huge bounty, I'd hardly say that he's.... y'know, a saint. Heck, just look at Captain Kidd. The reason he has a bigger bounty than Luffy is because he killed a lot of people (he even somewhat confirms this himself, when he said he slaughtered all the people who would laugh at him). "Good" pirates like the Straw-Hats, who go around helping people, are obviously rare in the current age of pirates (Bonney's reaction to Zoro helping a stranger is obvious proof of this). Therefore, I wouldn't find it all that surprising that Hawkins would sacrifice random pirates with his voodoo-hoodoo to save his own skin....
i somehow believe bonny saving zoro was for saving her own skin by not encountering an admiral
Old 2008-07-29, 05:52   Link #86
PerkoEyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
i somehow believe bonny saving zoro was for saving her own skin by not encountering an admiral
That is the reason. She says this to Zoro: "If youre a pirate you should recognise fellow pirates when you see them! you would have been screwed us all!"

So I guess she just doesn't want to meet an Admiral.

And by the way her ability to shrink and become larger, isn't it similar to urouge's Ability to become large ??
Old 2008-07-29, 06:52   Link #87
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkoEyo View Post
That is the reason. She says this to Zoro: "If youre a pirate you should recognise fellow pirates when you see them! you would have been screwed us all!"

So I guess she just doesn't want to meet an Admiral.

And by the way her ability to shrink and become larger, isn't it similar to urouge's Ability to become large ??
her ability isn't getting smaller and larger, it is about becoming younger and older, also she can do that for other people around her.

while Urouge can increase his body size to become giant kinda like luffy's 3rd gear.

but luffy blow air in his bones to grow, while Urouge simply become a giant.
Old 2008-07-29, 10:17   Link #88
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post

Oh, I know that. I was just pointing out the part where Zoro takes the injured man to the hospital, which Bonney found to be an odd trait for a pirate. Heck, Luffy KO'ed Charlos to help a friend in need (and notice that he was WELL AWARE of the consequences after he did the deed. as well). It's pretty clear that in the current age of pirates, you won't see many of them going out of their way to help strangers. However, who knows what changes pirates will go through when the "New Age" finally arrives....
Old 2008-07-29, 13:22   Link #89
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Regarding Bonney, if she fights ierno anyone, and makes them SUPER old or SUPER young like a baby. Isn't the fight already over?
Old 2008-07-29, 13:39   Link #90
Vree

If that is all she can do then no. Why would it be? Even if it's a baby so small that it hardly has any strenght, in their mind they are still the same people. It'd slow them down, but it wouldn't stop them. For example, Zoro would be extremely annoyed while he gets used to his body's news limits and finds something that he can bear to use instead of his swords but after he accomplished that he could just go demon slash on her ass. This is anime so I expect that techniques like Gomu Gomu Pistol would work regardless of what happened.
Old 2008-07-29, 13:51   Link #91
marvelB

As far as Bonney's ability goes, I believe how effective her powers are depends on the person. If it's used against say, the "Monster Trio", I doubt it would make much of a difference on them. Remember how they were supposed to sleep for 2 days after Moria stole their shadows, yet they woke up so soon anyway when Usopp shouted out to them? They'd probably just get slightly weaker, with various quirks (I'd think it would be pretty interesting if Kid Luffy looks like his post-Gear 3 state, but with his powers intact).

Heh, speaking of Moria's ability, I'm kinda hoping that Zoro's geezer self resembles Jigorou (the zombie that had his shadow).
Old 2008-07-29, 20:50   Link #92
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
If that is all she can do then no. Why would it be? Even if it's a baby so small that it hardly has any strenght, in their mind they are still the same people. It'd slow them down, but it wouldn't stop them. For example, Zoro would be extremely annoyed while he gets used to his body's news limits and finds something that he can bear to use instead of his swords but after he accomplished that he could just go demon slash on her ass. This is anime so I expect that techniques like Gomu Gomu Pistol would work regardless of what happened.
not really if it's really a baby with no str, all your techniques won't matter. Unless you're a logia...... And even if they just had to adjust, she can always use the time they need to adjust to kill them. And that's assuming the brain is not aged.

+ for youthening the person to a small kid, even if strength does not change, range will. Zoro's range will bereduced and we all know range is an issue with swords. gomu gomu pistol would also be shortened (assuming the same elasticity) and reduced mass would reduce damage as well. but, they might be faster though........

and lets not forget the cheater method of using the ability. age the person till he's 1 millisecond away from death, or even to death. And you win, no problems. Or maybe youthen the person till he/she is a fetus and the person will die due to lacking the norishment and protection of the womb?
Old 2008-07-29, 23:45   Link #93
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
not really if it's really a baby with no str, all your techniques won't matter. Unless you're a logia...... And even if they just had to adjust, she can always use the time they need to adjust to kill them. And that's assuming the brain is not aged.

+ for youthening the person to a small kid, even if strength does not change, range will. Zoro's range will bereduced and we all know range is an issue with swords. gomu gomu pistol would also be shortened (assuming the same elasticity) and reduced mass would reduce damage as well. but, they might be faster though........

and lets not forget the cheater method of using the ability. age the person till he's 1 millisecond away from death, or even to death. And you win, no problems. Or maybe youthen the person till he/she is a fetus and the person will die due to lacking the norishment and protection of the womb?
I don't think she can go that far. Seems to hax to me,
Old 2008-07-29, 23:50   Link #94
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
SUPERNOVAS!!!!!

GARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna see LAW in Action! I wanna see Kidd own Kuma!!! I wanna see Hawkins just...PWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!
Don't think we'll be seeing Hawkins own Kizaru... Especially since his cards predicted 100% probability of defeat.

If the other two are indeed fighting a clone though, yes I see some ownage about to begin there.
Old 2008-07-30, 00:15   Link #95
chitgoks

yeah. seems likely hawkins will escape as his cards showed a better percentage of it
Old 2008-07-30, 01:11   Link #96
Freya

Lol imagine the clones are so weak by beginning of 509 the one Luffy and co are fighting is dead lol.

Last edited by Freya; 2008-07-30 at 02:50.
Old 2008-07-30, 02:38   Link #97
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I don't think she can go that far. Seems to hax to me,
probably not, there would likely be limitations liek the number of years and such so that the story is balanced. But it would be a logical extention of how to use the aging fruit.

but the problem with the aging fruit is that at least for making the person older, what is the parameters that determine his condition when old. For example how is it decided that the person is still fit when old or is he bed ridden and deaf?

hawkin's ability is interesting, I wonder how it works. if it's really about transfering dmg, then is there a limit to the amount transferred or is it about having to fulfil certain criteria to be able to transfer to the person? Seeing that he got injured as well, I'm guessing either a limit to the amount of dmg that he can redirect/ he has to take a certain percentage of the dmg anyway. or is the dmg merely because the people he transferred the dmg to have reached their limit (died/unconcious) so the rest of the unabsorbed dmg goes back to him.
Old 2008-07-30, 02:50   Link #98
Freya

I wanna see Hawkins angry and go berserk.
Old 2008-07-30, 03:16   Link #99
kari-no-sugata

509 spoilers out. We get to see more supernova abilities!
Old 2008-07-30, 03:52   Link #100
chitgoks

yeah spoilers are out. awesome chapter! though i couldn't believe urouge never made much of an impact in this chapter.
drake's df is unique
Closed Thread