AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 19 20.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 46.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 23.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-03, 04:31   Link #61
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I really enjoyed this epi. I felt it a shame that Yuri bumped into Margery instead of... errr actually I can't really think which Flame Haze we have met would have been able to help him grow, instead of getting burnt up like a moth to flame.
In other words, you can say that a flame haze who is initially soft is destined to be burned. (I say "initially" because Shana is just about close to becoming a softie herself.)

Quote:
This really does highlight the issue that the Flame Hazes suffer from. It been stated that they fight alone, but so far we have seen quite a lot of collaboration, but if they are not used to it, then they must trample on each others toes a lot when they are forced to work together. Balle Masque shows that the evil ones are quite capable of working together (well apart from the secret little plans).
It will be interesting to see how the 3-haze cell of Shana/Margery/Wilhelmina will work collaboratively now that they are living in the same city, as more denizens are probably on the way.

Quote:
Yuji's silver flames are pretty interesting for the Margery element, but also raises the question "what the Dango is he?". General categorisation is he is a torch or a mistes. But they burn out, and Yuji doesn't as he get replenished every night. He has the capacity of a Crimson Lord and now is able to cast spells. Crimson lords from what I gather need a human host to function and Yuji doesn't so does that make him more like a tomogara?

For example lets say that black hole boy gets down with all this casting stuff and gets good at it. Then lets say he looses the Reiji Maigo. His existence is huge so he won't burn out quickly, so what is to stop him from using a unrestricted spell, or a hougu from devouring the existence of others? In essence he would be a tomogara.... Of course I haven't taken into account his personality would most probably stop him from taken such action.
Points for the Dango. I'm using it from now on.

You make a good point on Yuji being categorized as a Tomogara. I believe that in the flame haze world, as Yuji has the most coveted treasure in all of the Crimson World, he needs a category of his own.

By definition of losing the Reiji Maigo, I believe you mean it gets taken away. If that is such, he may as well be categorized as a tomogara. However, do remember that as he loses PoE, he loses functions, such as memory and personality, and the fact that no one will be able to remember that he even existed. Then again, who besides the Flame Haze will remember the mayonnaise mascot?
Old 2007-12-03, 07:31   Link #62
Geburah

As a side note, the aura's color is always related to a crimson denizen or crimsom lord. A torch aura shouldnt have any color unlike Yuuji`s one. See the expresions of Shana and Alastor: they are speechless to see that aura.

With his current power level (even untrained) Yuuji could be considerated a crimson lord since even if he lacked the Reiji Maigo he would never feed on others to keep living. He probably would end as Alastor and Marchosias becoming the power source of another Flame Haze, and help to keep the world´s balance.
But currently now due to his unlimited POE supply each midnight has the potential of becoming one of the most powerful beings of this world (even the most powerful beings can run out of power and need time to recover, Yuuji only need 1 day to be fully recovered again)
Old 2007-12-03, 08:30   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Excellent episode The action was really a hell lot better than anything before

I was already spoiled about Yuri's fate so that didn't surprise me, though I already had my suspicions since last week.

So the real shocker to me has to be Yuji's silver flame, no way I could have seen it coming

P.S - I wonder what Yuji's dad is like
Old 2007-12-03, 08:46   Link #64
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
But currently now due to his unlimited POE supply each midnight has the potential of becoming one of the most powerful beings of this world (even the most powerful beings can run out of power and need time to recover, Yuuji only need 1 day to be fully recovered again)
That is a great point you brought up. I can imagine what a great trap it would be. If they can prep an attack, they could send Yuji in minutes before midnight and he just farts out a massive Crimson Lord suicide level attack hopefully obliterating the opposition and then ding dong reset! Any survivors would then be shocked to find themselves still facing a fully charged Yuji!
Old 2007-12-03, 09:08   Link #65
endlezz
Ace of Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
You make a good point on Yuji being categorized as a Tomogara. I believe that in the flame haze world, as Yuji has the most coveted treasure in all of the Crimson World, he needs a category of his own.
Well, I have been imagining Yuji's category to be "Reiji Maigo" anyways, because, as mintam stated, he is THE most special treasure there is, especially now since he can somewhat fight and cast a Fuzestu.

So, Shana got her name from her sword, and Yuji got his category from his hougu. Talk about people being reduced to their possesions
Old 2007-12-03, 10:15   Link #66
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
As far as I can tell, they seem to be mooting the point brought up (I think only in the anime) in season 1 where "Flame Haze can't cooperate with each other. When they meet, they'll only end up fighting with each other"...

I certainly don't remember the line in the Manga nor the Movie, and Im halfway through the Novel Vol 1 and didn't see anything like that.
Old 2007-12-03, 11:35   Link #67
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
As far as I can tell, they seem to be mooting the point brought up (I think only in the anime) in season 1 where "Flame Haze can't cooperate with each other. When they meet, they'll only end up fighting with each other"...

I certainly don't remember the line in the Manga nor the Movie, and Im halfway through the Novel Vol 1 and didn't see anything like that.
As far as I'm interpreting it, I don't see anything like that in the novels either, so by an anime point of view, I'm going to state that since Wilhelmina left Shana, she was either (a) isolated from the rest of the Flame Haze or (b) had bad experiences with various flame hazes the same type as Margery. As far as I can remember, it was Shana who said it in episode 4.
Old 2007-12-03, 13:28   Link #68
endlezz
Ace of Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
As far as I'm interpreting it, I don't see anything like that in the novels either, so by an anime point of view, I'm going to state that since Wilhelmina left Shana, she was either (a) isolated from the rest of the Flame Haze or (b) had bad experiences with various flame hazes the same type as Margery. As far as I can remember, it was Shana who said it in episode 4.
Lamies says in novel 2, page 111: "Battles between Flame Hazes are not that unusual."

And actually neither Shana nor Alastor said something drastic like "Can't cooperate with each other.". The conversation goes something like this:
Shana: "There are other Flame Haze, but we are not like team mates."
Alastor: "There are times when Flame Hazes fight each other."

I guess this was just to explain that the Shana/Margery fight was not THAT big of a deal, so I don't really see a problem with Shana/Margery/Wilhelmina more or less cooperating at the moment.
Old 2007-12-03, 15:52   Link #69
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
NOOOO YURI! oh well he wasn't really that important anyways
good thing about this episode was the silver
The man who returned home- can it be Khamsim???? probably not, i really want him back
Old 2007-12-03, 17:51   Link #70
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
NOOOO YURI! oh well he wasn't really that important anyways
good thing about this episode was the silver
The man who returned home- can it be Khamsim???? probably not, i really want him back
LOL. It cant be Khamsim. Didnt you see how fast he was running from the preview? Khamsim was a slowpoke.
Old 2007-12-03, 19:35   Link #71
lua thien
Fallen Exile

The flashback of Margery's past had flames burning some residence she was in or around. But in the season 1 at episode 8, that same flashback of the aftermath had more blood than burned ruins. The stairs of that house, surprisingly white and not touched by fire, were only stained in blood. Perhaps a mistake of sorts?
Old 2007-12-03, 20:20   Link #72
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
The flashback of Margery's past had flames burning some residence she was in or around. But in the season 1 at episode 8, that same flashback of the aftermath had more blood than burned ruins. The stairs of that house, surprisingly white and not touched by fire, were only stained in blood. Perhaps a mistake of sorts?
Marchosias put out the fire before it reached the stairs. there, problem solved.
Old 2007-12-04, 02:19   Link #73
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

What a twist.

Finally things get interesting.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-12-04, 02:24   Link #74
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
What a twist.

Finally things get interesting.
From the Preview, it looks like you'll get disappointed next episode though. After all, the Konoe Fumina that you love so much will be there.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-12-04, 03:18   Link #75
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
From the Preview, it looks like you'll get disappointed next episode though. After all, the Konoe Fumina that you love so much will be there.
Go figure.

I never look at previews, so I had no idea.

Ugh. It's like totally why did they even bother wasting four episodes on that garbage to begin with?

Drop Konoe off at a daycare center with a bagged lunch and be done with it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-12-04, 03:28   Link #76
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Go figure.

I never look at previews, so I had no idea.

Ugh. It's like totally why did they even bother wasting four episodes on that garbage to begin with?

Drop Konoe off at a daycare center with a bagged lunch and be done with it.
Yeah, seriously, if only Shana tripped a little in the Fuuzetsu and sliced her up. At least as a torch we would know her presence is only temporary >.<**

There was some pretty nice Shana development from it though...she's a lot more deredere now. She even encouraged Yuuji in training O.o That was something I thought I'd never see.
Old 2007-12-04, 04:06   Link #77
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Yeah, seriously, if only Shana tripped a little in the Fuuzetsu and sliced her up. At least as a torch we would know her presence is only temporary >.<**

There was some pretty nice Shana development from it though...she's a lot more deredere now. She even encouraged Yuuji in training O.o That was something I thought I'd never see.
Oh, so Shana went from Louise to Nagi in like four days. That's nice to hear.
Old 2007-12-04, 04:07   Link #78
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This should happen to Konoe...

Yuji is training to do his fuzetsu better, Konoe walks by and sees him, she decides to run up and talk to him. Her calling out to him makes him loses his attention and causes his life force to lose stability and as he looks at her, his life force becomes refocused on her and her head explodes. The End. XD

Ok, back on track... I hope Yuji takes full advantage of "Silvers" powers. And becomes a god, with the eternal loli Shana by his side. That is my dream, lol
Old 2007-12-04, 05:44   Link #79
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Gah, costume festival my ass... hopefully, the development will include more than a few minutes, while the rest is filled with Fumina
Old 2007-12-04, 06:11   Link #80
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabun View Post
Gah, costume festival my ass... hopefully, the development will include more than a few minutes, while the rest is filled with Fumina
It will be a great episode if and when she's exposed (provided there's something to expose of course) and Shana kicks her ass (which will hopefully happen even if she isn't linked to Hecate...).
Closed Thread