AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 13
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 69 46.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 32.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 20 13.42%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 4.70%
6 out of 10 : Average... 1 0.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 2 1.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-30, 02:01   Link #101
EroKing

Damn that ending to the episode was awesome. Can't even imagine what the 100th level boss would look like or his stats @_@
Old 2012-09-30, 02:09   Link #102
GundamZZ
残念美人

Do you have the list of all bosses? The show put focus on relationship than combat.

So, they have one innocent senior staff who is trapped in SAO. He's probably tricked by his boss, so he will not able to counter his boss' masterplan.

Spoiler for supposedly:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 02:11   Link #103
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Now, how many mace users are in the 75th Floor Battle?
Well, it is because this game is named SWORD ART ONLINE, not MACE ART Online. Players got fooled by th game title. Seriously, the creator is really a big jerk.

"Wow, so many sword users in this game, and this is the time I introduce a monster that weak to mace.

SAO players : F U!"
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 02:45   Link #104
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Kayaba's pretty much the classic definition of a killer GM. With few exceptions, almost everything in SAO is trying to kill you.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 02:47   Link #105
n120cky

The fishing arc is, well I think not too important but I guess it's there for relation development between Kirito & Asuna.

The fight is awesome not because of Heatcliff thought, yes he has very good defense but he never attack , It's awesome because Kirito and Asuna fighting together, this is a rare event, I do hope seeing them fighting together again.

What with other player(in floor 75 before Heatcliff arrive) looking to Kirito and Asuna using a dislikes face . . ., are they blaming them for leaving the front line and not joining the recon team?

Looking at boss room I don't think it's save when someone or the boss fall from the platform, I just hope they not beat the boss by knock it back to the abyss.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:00   Link #106
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Kayaba's pretty much the classic definition of a killer GM. With few exceptions, almost everything in SAO is trying to kill you.
On a note, it has already been mentioned that anything divisible by 25 in Floor Boss is bad right...?

Anyway, here's my own "tactic" on how to possibly deal with the 75th Floor Boss if they had the chance.

(1) They should have gotten more Mace users (can't be helped that many Solo-ers use Swords though...)

(2) Heathcliff should defend the Reaper's OHKO Scythe (he's a game-breaking tank, for Pete's sake.) while Kirito and Asuna should defend the tail.

(3) Shield users should focus on switching whenever the monster moves his tail. It's an unpredictable factor.

(4) Ones attacking the body should focus on short combos to quickly switch to the tanks. Even if the attack is very powerful, I'm sure it doesn't KO when you're defended anough. Tanks for these recommended.

(5) Lancers. Lots of suffering Lancers.

(6) If anything, Asuna should have used the Flashing Penetrator to induce knockback/stagger on the boss. (ie the Novel name for the attack she used on the Fish monster thing....)

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2012-09-30 at 03:02. Reason: got the names wrong XD
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:10   Link #107
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh my heart. These Asuna x Kirito moments are so lovely. I even cried over Asuna wish to do couples stuff with Kirito. ;_;

And damm! That Boss is deadly! Not only it looks creepy but it's a Player Killer.

10 out of 10!
Old 2012-09-30, 03:14   Link #108
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
What with other player(in floor 75 before Heatcliff arrive) looking to Kirito and Asuna using a dislikes face . . ., are they blaming them for leaving the front line and not joining the recon team?
The cheater is fucking the idol, what else do you expect?
Old 2012-09-30, 03:19   Link #109
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Regarding this "fairness" point started by relentlessflame, wasn't this a light jab at my "analysis" in the previous episode thread? I don't recall it being brought up again until I did, but I'm not offended by this jab since I did say I stretched the hell out of it.
Another purely unintended theme, and I'm ok with that.

Though, if we humor ourselves with continuing the "fairness" theme (which I again should emphasize is unintended), I'd say them (somewhat) circumventing the intended gameplay by overleveling was the unfair part, and the system upscaled the boss to restore "fairness". Gotta think of those poor game designers who wanted to give them a challenge (of course, the game probably wasn't designed with a real-life death mechanic involved).

Heck, you can continue stretching the "fairness" theme to Kirito's combat ability if you want to (for laughs):
Cardinal noticed Kirito solely using his right hand in combat.
Cardinal thought that was unfair to the left hand.
Cardinal grants him dual-wielding skill.
That's only fair, right?
(In before novel spoilers, if any, regarding this joke above)

Definitely enjoyed this episode more than the previous few episodes, though for a minute, I thought the show was gonna pull a recap episode when Asuna starting explaining their past (thank god it didn't).

A question for other anime-only viewers, we haven't seen enough of the boss so far that implied it couldn't be beaten by themselves (I think the HP bar did go down a bit), but would you laugh or cry if they beat this boss via Yui (again)?
I'd say that's more unfair, but I'd still laugh my ass off if it happened.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:21   Link #110
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

This episode... Just... This episode.

In order of emotions I felt:

+So much LOL
+So much b'awww
+So much more b'awww
+So much WTFOMGBBQ
+So much awesome

First time ever to give an episode a perfect 10.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:29   Link #111
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Oh my God, you just made me think of other awesome Cardinal jokes to come around....

Spoiler for Scilica:
Spoiler for Christmas:
Spoiler for Heathcliff:

Anyway, if Yui happened, then what would happen to Yui? Would Kirito have to find another emergency GM console again? D:
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:30   Link #112
Allium
Keep on keeping on

One of the best episodes of SAO so far. Everything was so spot-on, from Kirito meeting Nishida, to the defeat of the giant 'fish,' the Kirito x Asuna moments and the parts leading up to the epic battle at the end. With much thanks to that ending, I'm actually anticipating the next episode, for once!
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:36   Link #113
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

What amuses me is that Cardinal's essentially behaving like the AI director of Left 4 Dead. Of course, SiN episodes deployed the killer game director earlier in 2006, but the concept was probably existing in peoples minds ages ago...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:50   Link #114
paraalso

It seems like it's somewhat fair as long as you're not trying to clear the game. The higher in floors you get the deadlier and more unfair it seemingly gets. So you can choose to live in relative peace in the game or you can risk your life to escape.

The fish monster on an early floor required both very high strength and high fishing skill to catch. So a novice low level fisherman wouldn't encounter it. If you didn't have the strength to have a fighting chance against it, then you would never meet it.

If the 75th floor boss wipes this raid, then the game will probably be left uncleared forever. The clearing group isn't that big, and most players are still stuck in the 1st floor or middling levels. Losing all of the strongest players in one strike would already be a catastrophe. It would be very hard to convince others to try again, especially since it's a boss battle you can't escape from. Asuna (if she stayed behind) and the other players would be facing a slow death as their bodies withered in the real world.
paraalso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:51   Link #115
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

wow those last 3minutes... it's made from pure awesomeness.
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 04:40   Link #116
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
It seems like it's somewhat fair as long as you're not trying to clear the game. The higher in floors you get the deadlier and more unfair it seemingly gets.
Which... is actually pretty fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Now, while I get why Kazu-kun disliked what Asuna said there, I think we have to keep in mind that this isn't a "real world" setting here. As Asuna made clear, she desperately wanted to make it back to the real world until she met Kirito. For her, Kirito made simply living in SAO much more enjoyable and bearable. He's the whole reason why she "stopped to smell the roses", even if those roses are just computer graphics. So I can see how losing him, coupled with the crushing guilt that he died without her lifting a sword to defend him, would be enough for her to just give up entirely.

Again, you have to remember this isn't in the real world - Given the SAO context, Asuna's comment makes some sense, imo, and I don't think it takes too much away from her.
That, and they've been on the frontline for two years, which can't be good for their psyche. We already knew Kirito wasn't far from suicidal, and that he's not alone in that (remember the Black Cats' leader?). Is it surprising Asuna would be little better?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 04:42   Link #117
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Best episode of the series!!!

Now both Kirito and Asuna have no choice but to fight and win or else, they'll surely lose the person they love!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 04:42   Link #118
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
On a note, it has already been mentioned that anything divisible by 25 in Floor Boss is bad right...?

Anyway, here's my own "tactic" on how to possibly deal with the 75th Floor Boss if they had the chance.

(1) They should have gotten more Mace users (can't be helped that many Solo-ers use Swords though...)

(2) Heathcliff should defend the Reaper's OHKO Scythe (he's a game-breaking tank, for Pete's sake.) while Kirito and Asuna should defend the tail.

(3) Shield users should focus on switching whenever the monster moves his tail. It's an unpredictable factor.

(4) Ones attacking the body should focus on short combos to quickly switch to the tanks. Even if the attack is very powerful, I'm sure it doesn't KO when you're defended anough. Tanks for these recommended.

(5) Lancers. Lots of suffering Lancers.

(6) If anything, Asuna should have used the Flashing Penetrator to induce knockback/stagger on the boss. (ie the Novel name for the attack she used on the Fish monster thing....)
I think most of us hoped we're the one who's fighting that Skull Reaper monster right now....
yeah! the CG is very realistic and make us believe we're the one who fought that monster... (although I don't want to be the one who OHKO'd by the boss monster)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 05:00   Link #119
garbage

wow was at the edge of my seat all through out the fight scene... and then the episode ended wahhh .
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 05:08   Link #120
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

The episode was nice, though they didn't do much quality when Kirito got pulled by that fish. xD The battle with The Skull Reaper will be the best thing in this anime, ever!