2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 2.48%
Voters: 444. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-05, 15:36   Link #901
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Most of the talk about Suzaku's hax is his ability to actually walk/run along walls. Sure he seems to dodge bullets, but he does quite literally run on the wall and do some crazy midair manuevers. Also, the machine guns, since they were more than one, would have been able to lock on when he kicked the first one. It is then that he seems to 'dodge' bullets... or run faster than them.
Nah, it's only one MG mounted to that surveillance-cam. Sure, he pulls off some rather acrobatic moves in that scene, but you can see the trail of bullets following him as he runs. He's fast for sure, but he ain't even close of rivaling the speed of a bullet. Watch that scene again and you'll see that it's really obvious that he's outmaneuvering the targeting system rather than dodging the actual bullets. The difference in speed required to pull those things off is gigantic.

Look, I'm not trying to say that Suzaku ain't a kick-ass soldier, cause that's pretty much exactly what he is. What I'm trying to say though is that he is light years away from being shot at --> reacting --> moving out of harms way. Not even if we enhanced his "skills" a hundred times would he be able to do that. What made me write the comment was the fact that a lot of people talk about Suzaku being able to dodge a bullet fired at him at point blank range which is completely out of proportion. Heck, I've even seen someone suggest that the shot in the end of Stage 25 was fired by Karen, aimed at Lelouch, but somehow the "Live-command" would make Suzaku run up to Lelouch and move him out of harms way... all this in less time than it takes for the bullet to travel the distance from Karen's gun to Lelouch's body. It just seems to me as if a lot of people thinks of Lelouch's Geass-power as something more than the power to make anyone obey his orders.

I also suspect that we're analyzing this shot a bit too much. What if Sunrise's punchline is; "Lelouch was the one who shot Suzaku... bet you guys forgot about the live-command in episode 18!!! ^^" That would make me go -->
Old 2007-11-06, 00:44   Link #902
Kanzaki Urumi

lol, putting the speed things aside, i wonder why everyone is in the club so late at night. School's still on even at 12 am? Logically speaking, they might be in the club so late at night to hold a meeting to discuss bout what actions to take or so, but i thought the news about zero's invasion wasnt broadcasted until diethard gotten the tv station to do so. So how would they know that something bad had happened? I think all they knew is what euphie did back at the stadium but they probably had no idea zero was coming.

weird thing is that Britannia didnt even bother evacuating their own britannian people before the attack. isnt the citizens life is to be priority no1?
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 01:04   Link #903
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki Urumi View Post
lol, putting the speed things aside, i wonder why everyone is in the club so late at night. School's still on even at 12 am? Logically speaking, they might be in the club so late at night to hold a meeting to discuss bout what actions to take or so, but i thought the news about zero's invasion wasnt broadcasted until diethard gotten the tv station to do so. So how would they know that something bad had happened? I think all they knew is what euphie did back at the stadium but they probably had no idea zero was coming.

weird thing is that Britannia didnt even bother evacuating their own britannian people before the attack. isnt the citizens life is to be priority no1?
what, evacuate them out of the country?

schools tend to be evacuation centers, especially in anime. And it's not like Britannian forces actually thought they'd lose the country. I mean without Lelouch this entire endeavor has been a fool's errand on Japan's part.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 11:42   Link #904
Kanzaki Urumi

of course not out of the country. BK aim is tokyo, just get the civilians out of there first? Yeah, most anime use school as a centre though which dont make sense. The city is gonna be a warzone, what makes them think that a stray missile wont hit the school? Its not like it was too late to evacuate them + zero gave them a dead line as well.
Old 2007-11-06, 12:06   Link #905
ZombieSheep

You are assuming that they give a rats ass about the civilians. I always was given the opposite impression (hotel ep mostly, granted that yuffie was involve). Nobles and army first, everybody else can just die. Of course citizen > Numbers.

I can only vaguely remember that they evacuated once in the anime which is where they siege the JLF mountain fortress, and that was a planned operation ahead of time, instead of this almost last minute emergency (plus yuffie is sort involve in this one as well)

Anyways, my point is, that I don't think Cornelia cares about civilians at that point.
ZombieSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 02:48   Link #906
Kanzaki Urumi

A country that doesnt protect its citizens, surely it causes instablity since the people will lose faith in the gov. Who the heck wanna stay in a country that dont give a damn about their safety? Nevermind, i am feeling lazy to go furthur on this issue lol.
Old 2007-11-07, 22:33   Link #907
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki Urumi View Post
A country that doesnt protect its citizens, surely it causes instablity since the people will lose faith in the gov. Who the heck wanna stay in a country that dont give a damn about their safety? Nevermind, i am feeling lazy to go furthur on this issue lol.
The brits did have an evacuation of their own people prior to the event. The hotel incident was a completely different scenario. The only people the brits don't give a rats ass about is the Japanese.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 23:46   Link #908
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
The brits did have an evacuation of their own people prior to the event. The hotel incident was a completely different scenario. The only people the brits don't give a rats ass about is the Japanese.
seemed pretty clear from the hotel incident that Cornelia didn't care about anyone other than Euphie, since everyone was acknowledging the actually intelligent tactic of stalling while sending a small strike force in was out of the ordinary for her.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 01:25   Link #909
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
seemed pretty clear from the hotel incident that Cornelia didn't care about anyone other than Euphie, since everyone was acknowledging the actually intelligent tactic of stalling while sending a small strike force in was out of the ordinary for her.
I understand that, but she has little use for hostages which is what the hotel people were. The great battle at the end S1 was completely different, they removed people, the brits, so that they couldn't be used as hostages, etc...
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 23:23   Link #910
strategos

Are there any good new for the new season ^_^?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 11:18   Link #911
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Are there any good new for the new season ^_^?
check the spiler thread and the Season 2 thread for that
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 14:11   Link #912
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Lord
I have a question about this episode. I haven't seen R2 yet, so please don't post any spoilers.

Why did Kallen react the way she did when she found out who Zero was? I'm obviously missing something because I don't think it should have mattered to her that it was Lelouch. Why was it such a big deal to her?

Thank you for your help!
Dark Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 14:13   Link #913
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
I have a question about this episode. I haven't seen R2 yet, so please don't post any spoilers.

Why did Kallen react the way she did when she found out who Zero was? I'm obviously missing something because I don't think it should have mattered to her that it was Lelouch. Why was it such a big deal to her?

Thank you for your help!
Her idol turns out to be the arrogant jerkass at her school and a Britannian to boot. How else was she supposed to react?
Old 2009-04-06, 14:21   Link #914
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Her idol turns out to be the arrogant jerkass at her school and a Britannian to boot. How else was she supposed to react?
Okay, I get the arrogant jerkass part. But I thought she already knew about the Britannian part from an early episode when he revealed himself to this older guy he knew about a collaberation or something like that. I'm sorry, but I forgot the details of that episode. Obviously I have to rewatch this show.

Thank you for your help. I appeciate it.
Old 2009-04-06, 14:31   Link #915
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
Okay, I get the arrogant jerkass part. But I thought she already knew about the Britannian part from an early episode when he revealed himself to this older guy he knew about a collaberation or something like that. I'm sorry, but I forgot the details of that episode. Obviously I have to rewatch this show.

Thank you for your help. I appeciate it.
He never said he was Britannian as I recall, only that he was an enemy of Britannia. All they knew is that he wasn't Japanese.
Old 2009-04-06, 14:32   Link #916
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
He never said he was Britannian as I recall, only that he was an enemy of Britannia. All they knew is that he wasn't Japanese.
Oh!!! Thanks!
Old 2009-04-06, 15:00   Link #917
azul120

Quote:
I understand that, but she has little use for hostages which is what the hotel people were. The great battle at the end S1 was completely different, they removed people, the brits, so that they couldn't be used as hostages, etc...
It still spoke volumes of Cornelia's ruthlessness that she didn't care for hostages. Heck, it was a step beyond simple discrimination against Numbers, because here she was being an equal opportunity offender.

Anyways, I think Kallen's shock over Lelouch being Zero could have as little to do as her simply being deceived by someone she knew.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 15:50   Link #918
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
she just learned that the man who embodied everything she believed in (justice, freedom, etc) and who she might have actually had feelings for, was really a self-centered jerk who had been using her and the japanese people for his own goals and nothing more
and that this man was responsible for what happened with euphie (he and suzaku talk about it in front of her)
and just to round the list up, that he has a power that allows him to menipulate anyones actions memories and emotions to his own aims (which is why she is so eager to ask him if he used it on her in R2)
her reaction is understandable
Old 2009-04-06, 19:07   Link #919
azul120

True, but I think the fact alone that it was someone she knew who had been leading her to believe that he was just a regular person. She was already shocked when she saw Lelouch revealed as Zero.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 12:29   Link #920
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

Thank you everyone. It makes sense to me now.