Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-12, 17:24   Link #241
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
But, what they are adapting is the story mode though. When you adapt any video game you adapt the story, and the story was at the very least in a VN style.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't your initial argument that Blazblue should be considered a VN and not a fighting game? That's what I'm responding too in general.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 21:15   Link #242
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well finely got around to watching this and havent play any of the game but its not to bad of a start. But why dose every one who wears a red coat have such high bountys
Old 2013-10-14, 00:02   Link #243
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't your initial argument that Blazblue should be considered a VN and not a fighting game? That's what I'm responding too in general.
Like its predecessor GuiltyGear, as well as Melty Blood, BlazBlue has a lot of story material to work with compared to Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. That said, the presentation and volume is still nowhere near your average visual novel.

As for how much game players care about the story, dunno in the arcades I only read the dialogues when having a smoke break and most players only cared about vsHuman games, while at home I only bothered with Teach me Litchi-sensei.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 05:54   Link #244
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I have no idea what to think...

Was really looking forward to this and I knew that story will be ether too fast or they would change some of the things, but was at least hoping that battle scenes would be good. And they are nicely done (that Jin's attack...wtf!?), it's that a few more frames could really... I mean really help it. Lots of still shots made the entire first episode look really cheap. OP song is awesome though.

Still gonna stick with it, since I'm a fan of the game...
Old 2013-10-15, 10:43   Link #245
thieftheodore
Silent Reader

just found this in /a/ :
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
I was checking out Alter Memory's Blu-rays on CDJapan and noticed that they have listed the names of episodes which are included in each blu-ray volume. Complete episode listing looks like this:

>1「赤き反逆者」 Crimson Rebel
>2「蒼の継承者」 Successor of the Azure
>3「傍観の眼」 Observing Eye
>4「確率事象」 Continuum Shift
>5「白き双銃」 The White Dual Guns
>6「偽りの世界」 The World of Lies
>7「審判の羽根」 Wings of Justice
>8「機械仕掛けの魂」 Mechanized Soul
>9「秩序の力」 The Power of Order
>10「神殺しの繭」 Cocoon of the Godslayer
>11「叢雲覚醒」 Murakumo Awakens
>12「未来への代償」 Cost for the Future
okay looks like my worst fear about this adaptation came true...
Old 2013-10-15, 12:03   Link #246
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 14:33   Link #247
Candeloro1

So will it have Continuum Shift too? Since Lambda appeared in ending.
Candeloro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 14:53   Link #248
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeloro1 View Post
So will it have Continuum Shift too? Since Lambda appeared in ending.
yeah it looks like they be focusing far more on continuum shift since technically calamity trigger ended this episode
Old 2013-10-15, 15:28   Link #249
Candeloro1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
yeah it looks like they be focusing far more on continuum shift since technically calamity trigger ended this episode
I haven't watched episode 2 yet, but I think next episodes are focusing on side characters like Carl, bang, Taokaka, Arakune and Litchi.
Candeloro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 16:13   Link #250
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
*facepalm* The opening still uses the scenes from the first episode... I don't even...
Even if they are saving original animation when more characters are introduced, they should have used different set images at least. Or background the world... bah.

Was that original theme for Kokonoe from Chrono Phantasma?
Old 2013-10-15, 20:00   Link #251
sayde

I'm still liking the anime adaption so far. Above all else though, the soundtrack continues to impress IMO.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 20:20   Link #252
Elestia

It would have been better if they could squeeze some more budget into the fight scenes, but I am not complaining.
Old 2013-10-15, 22:16   Link #253
Shinhwa
Banned

So... is Nu-13 dead for good...? Q__Q
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 00:43   Link #254
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
not sure if I can answer that question

@episode 2
wow, Calamity Trigger's story done in 2 episodes. Well, considering that the CT Story mode on CSEX was a 2 hour summary, I guess this is fine.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 00:45   Link #255
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
It would have been better if they could squeeze some more budget into the fight scenes, but I am not complaining.
I am, was disappointed with the fight between Hakumen and Ragna, i'm watching it for the fights the least they could do is do it justice. The Nu-13 fight was better at least.

Quote:
Spoiler for Warning:
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 02:22   Link #256
Malkuth
Banned

Nu/Noel encounter was done magnificently, despite having zero background, which probably ruined it for un-spoiled anime/arcade-only viewers. Dunno, this anime too, makes me happy that I paid a little attention to the story, and generally am not afraid to read spoilers in order to enhance the entertainment offered.

That said, the anime has so many problems, starting from lazy animation, shameless reuse of animation and backgrounds, to pacing, storytelling, transitions, series composition... and so on. These make me curious about the objective of the production committee, since the anime won't win any new game players to cover the cost of this overpriced advertisement, since it is unlikely that new viewers will get into the game through the anime. Also its technical deficiencies of the anime are unlikely to make game-players buy the overpriced DVD/BDs, unlike if the money were invested into in-game animations. So the only purpose seems to be enforcing loyalty, but I doubt that this is necessary, because of the lack in competition. The game is so popular already, that even small village arcades offer it, unlike other 2D fighters.
Old 2013-10-16, 02:27   Link #257
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Maybe, it's just the massive demand for an anime convinced some publisher to have someone shit this out? You are assuming logic went into the creative process, where this is clearly just phoning it in.
Old 2013-10-16, 02:59   Link #258
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
Maybe, it's just the massive demand for an anime convinced some publisher to have someone shit this out? You are assuming logic went into the creative process, where this is clearly just phoning it in.
Indeed, I am assuming that all collaborative decision concerning large (relatively-speaking budgets) are made rationally, and with greater deliberation and intellect than what any one individual critic can offer, otherwise to put it blatantly, these decision-makers are not suitable for their work, if they or their defendants can not easily counter the criticism

I.e. massive demand for a product doesn't mean that any inferior product of poor planning is better than no product. If the people involved are not up to the task of delivering an anime that will add something... anything to the value of the original, it is a waste of money and a risk of degrading the original.
Old 2013-10-16, 03:02   Link #259
Shinhwa
Banned

I know this anime follows the game's storyline, but I really like Nu-13 Q___Q Poor Nu...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 03:02   Link #260
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

You're right, but Occam's Razor rules in favor of incompetence.

Tags
action