AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-09-15, 16:55   Link #1
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
[Manga] Yin and Yang chakra

So in chapter 370 we learn that Minato split the Kyuubi's chakra into two halves, yin and yang. We know he gave Naruto the yang chakra and sealed the yin part.

But there is something that wasn't really answered. Can Naruto access the yin chakra? One of two things has to be true.

1. The yang chakra has been sealed into Naruto and the yin chakra was sealed with Shiki Fuujin(death god jutsu). This means Naruto can't have access to it.

2. Or the yang chakra has been mixed into Naruto's chakra and the yin chakra remains in the seal on the navel. Naruto might be able to access it.

Now onto yin and yang chakra. For a while, I thought yin and yang were just referring to spirit and body energy. As we learned at the beginning of the manga, a jutsu is the release from combining your body(yin) and spirit(yang) energy. Note the yin and and yang symbol in the picture.

Spoiler for Jutsu Creation:

But the entire fuuton training arc seemed to complicate the nature of chakra and jutsu. We were now introduced into concepts like element affinities. Then in chapter 316...

Spoiler for Chapter 316:

So the physical recomposition of yin and yang chakra seems to have something to do with the secret clan techniques, genjutsu, and medical ninjutsu. The old way of explaining how jutsus are created is too simple to explain them. Too bad Kakashi couldn't get into it, but I guess Kishimoto is saving that.

So what role will yin and yang chakra play and what explanation will Kishimoto give to it? One thing I know for sure is that yin and yang chakra is not good and evil. There is no bad or good side. Yondy didn't seal the good(yang) side into Naruto and leave the bad(yin) side out. If Shikamaru taps into his yin chakra for the kagemane, it doesn't mean he is using "evil" chakra.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 17:56   Link #2
shadowyondaime
Sponsor: Naughty Konoha!

Send a message via MSN to shadowyondaime
I dont think you should hurt ur brains with this question -.- cuz u should make it how u feel its rights I understand myway of what jiraiya ment and anyway it will be revealed very soon if the chapters will reveal as much as they did in the last chapters
shadowyondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 19:32   Link #3
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
1. The yang chakra has been sealed into Naruto and the yin chakra was sealed with Shiki Fuujin(death god jutsu). This means Naruto can't have access to it.
This is what I would go with, and most likely is the real deal. The key that the scroll frog contains on his stomach unlocks / locks (and re-applies / maybe even slightly unlocks) Naruto's seal (the one located on his stomach) the Eight Trigrams and Four Elephant sealing style which was used on the Yang half of the Kyuubi.

Quote:
2. Or the yang chakra has been mixed into Naruto's chakra and the yin chakra remains in the seal on the navel. Naruto might be able to access it.
Definitely not, anything that is locked away by the Shiki Fuujin is said to be in the stomach of the Death God, not the actual caster or host. It is definitely the Yang half of the Kyuubi that is locked inside Naruto's navel, sealed with the Eight Trigrams and Four Elephant sealing style, done so Naruto's chakra and the Yang half of Kyuubi chakra can mix.

Jiraiya messed with the Four Elephant seal, you see when the scroll frog came out the way I understood it is he was about to tell Jiraiya the combination of Naruto's key, "You already know Naruto's combination is . . ." Jiraiya stops him and says no this is not about training. Most likely the way Jiraiya was able to mess with the Four Elephant seal (which I would imagine is the inner layer of the seal, and the eight trigrams is the outer layer) using the combination to "alter" or "move" the four elephant seal toward one direction (left or right) to create more of an opening then there already was.

Imagine as if you will there is a circle with lots of water (the water represents yang Kyuubi chakra) this circle has four holes or four gates (this circle is the four elephant seal), now imagine a bigger circle outside the circle with four gates that has eight gates (representing the eight trigrams seal) however the position of this circle is either to the left or the right just enough where only a very little amount of that water is being let out, what would happen if I were to turn that inner circle to the right or left enough where all four gates of the inner circle meet up with four of the eight gates of the outer circle causing them to be perfectly aligned and wide open?

That is when all the water from the center would gush out (chakra) and, we would have a full 9 tails Kyuubi, I believe Jiraiya used the combination / key to alter the inner circle (the four elephant seal) in such a manner that let out more of the Yang Kyuubi chakra then it was originally designed for (to mix slowly over time) causing Naruto to hit 4 tails almost killing Jiraiya in the process.

By the way, this is just a very crude representation of how I believe the process of the two seals placed upon Naruto's stomach work's. This is not a fact, so don’t bother to challenge me on this and I will say that it could be 100 % wrong however, it works more then perfectly in my book. Here is a small / very crude illustration I created on MS Paint to explain what I mean.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Note the yin and and yang symbol in the picture.
I believe you are half right here, the picture does not depict an actual Yin and Yang symbol but just a circular motion which shows the mixing of Body and Sprite to create Chakra (two halves of one whole). See, I always understood Yin and Yang as good and evil, one side was black with a little white in it, the other side is white with a little black in it, meaning even in good there is some evil and even in evil there is some good, it is the balance of all things.

However, Kishimoto's explanation seems to be more dead on, in terms of what Yin and Yang is. To me It is obviously more of a philosophy, the good and evil ordeal is just a medium Yin and Yang seems to stand for "two halves of a whole" meaning, the picture depicts Body and Sprite which are two halves of a whole the whole would be the Chakra, if I were to use a different medium a crude example is Water and Flower two halves of a whole the whole would be dough. Hence, I believe Yin and Yang is obviously applicable in anything and that picture just shows one way. Body 1 half, Spirit 1 half, Chakra the whole.

Quote:
One thing I know for sure is that yin and yang chakra is not good and evil. There is no bad or good side. Yondy didn't seal the good(yang) side into Naruto and leave the bad(yin) side out. If Shikamaru taps into his yin chakra for the kagemane, it doesn't mean he is using "evil" chakra.
Exactly, there is apparently no good or bad side as I stated it seems to be more of a philosophy which uses a medium, good and evil is just another medium.

Quote:
So what role will yin and yang chakra play and what explanation will Kishimoto give to it?
None the less to answer your question, in terms of what I think the explanation will be for Kishimoto's Yin and Yang, I think it will be what I proposed just one half of a whole. As for the re-composition, that is better left to Kishimoto to handle since it is his own creation to start with. Personally, I see allot of people yelling plot holes because it is hard to imagine how Yin and Yang could be recomposed, in terms of two halves of one whole unless those two halves which count as a whole have two halves of their own, making them whole. Confusing, but I am sure you get my point. That’s the only way I see re-composition of Yin and Yang, taking two halves of a whole breaking each half down in to two halves on their own then re-combining them in to something new. (Maybe its even possible to break down the halves of those halves, maybe depending on how skillful you are it is infinite, or not .)
Old 2007-09-16, 05:38   Link #4
Deckker

Just taking this as a direct lift from the information here.

Yin and Yang does not really represent Good/evil its represents the ever flowing balance. If the 1st image is correct by saying its body and spirit. The Naruto has the Spirit but not the body sealed within him. The Justus is probably then the summoning of the nine-tail's body.
Deckker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 06:59   Link #5
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckker View Post
Just taking this as a direct lift from the information here.

Yin and Yang does not really represent Good/evil its represents the ever flowing balance. If the 1st image is correct by saying its body and spirit. The Naruto has the Spirit but not the body sealed within him. The Justus is probably then the summoning of the nine-tail's body.
Nice idea. But then, Naruto would propably lose the Kyuubi chakra to Kyuubi. And without this chakra, he won´t be able to do much, imo.
Old 2007-09-16, 10:46   Link #6
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
I just had a thought. Maybe the seal itself seals the yin chakra and the yang is the one mixing with Naruto's. Or maybe it is Naruto's chakra.
It's just a thought but it would explain Yin & Yang. Kyuubi is the Yin and Naruto the Yang. When combined they become unstopable.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 19:00   Link #7
Kowai

possilby monster rancher styles? the kyuubi soul is in naruto and its chakra is somewhere else....
i have absolutly no idea what this splitting of the kyuubi chakra has to do wit hanything, nor to i comprehend it atall i hope it is explained in the next chapter =/
Kowai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 22:36   Link #8
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I was thinking,

Wouldn't it make sence if the Yin-Yang properties are actually the enhancement of of nature abilities.

Ex:
Kiba enhances his nose with chakra to make it super sensitive(which isn't always a good thing)
Sakura enhances her fists to be super-strong(which can hurt)
Shikamaru can "manipulate" his shadow to do all sorts of things
Chouji makes his body expand and stuff like that
Kimimaro can make his bones grow and stuff like that

All those things are, put simply, the modification of the user's natural abilities

So...
If we assume that people can inhance their nature, then we can assume that someone could grow extra arms or place chakra in their legs to make them move really fast.

Just imagine, all the things someone could do if they knew just what to do with it.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 23:05   Link #9
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

So ultimately the Yin & Yang chakra would have a significant influence on whether Naruto lives or dies from a possible kyuubi extraction?
Old 2008-01-04, 00:37   Link #10
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
So ultimately the Yin & Yang chakra would have a significant influence on whether Naruto lives or dies from a possible kyuubi extraction?
Dont know for sure. But the fact that only the Yang chakra is sealed within Naruto wouldnt that mean that Kyuubi is incomplete and therefore affect the goal of Akatsuki?
ragnos007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 01:34   Link #11
vision55

My guess in this whole situation would be that....Naruto would have either the ying or the yang....and "Tobi" would have the other half.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 06:22   Link #12
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
My guess in this whole situation would be that....Naruto would have either the ying or the yang....and "Tobi" would have the other half.
The other half was sealed in yondaime. However because Tobi
Spoiler for aka:
i wouldnt dismiss it completely
ragnos007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 09:27   Link #13
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
We still have to presume that that yin chakra has a different effect. Naruto might have access only to yang half. It seams to have some effect on Naruto, like making him stronger or more stamina. Yang is associated with good after all.
If he ever has access to the yin half, then something completly unexpected might happen.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 11:43   Link #14
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
We still have to presume that that yin chakra has a different effect. Naruto might have access only to yang half. It seams to have some effect on Naruto, like making him stronger or more stamina. Yang is associated with good after all.
If he ever has access to the yin half, then something completly unexpected might happen.
Imagine if naruto was able to generate a Chakra armour comparable to the Yonbi Stage with the Kyubi's Yang Chakra.
That would totally amp up his jutsus and all that crap.

But of course, there has to be a side effect; like if he used it to much, he would be seriously drained and it would cause the Yin Chakra to become more and more dominant.
( W)
Old 2008-01-06, 13:07   Link #15
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I just wonder all of sudden. Could there be a link why Sasuke was able to supress the Kyuubi chakra so easily because of this?
Because the chakra is incomplete.
Old 2008-01-06, 14:15   Link #16
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I just wonder all of sudden. Could there be a link why Sasuke was able to supress the Kyuubi chakra so easily because of this?
Because the chakra is incomplete.
THAT IS DEEEEP!!!! MAN . . . DEEEEP!!!!
( W)
Old 2008-01-06, 14:25   Link #17
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
THAT IS DEEEEP!!!! MAN . . . DEEEEP!!!!
Man arent we a little bit too sarcastic or what?
Old 2008-01-06, 14:57   Link #18
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I think he is serious

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 12:58   Link #19
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Watchu Talkin Bout Foo
( W)
Old 2008-01-08, 13:07   Link #20
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Man arent we a little bit too sarcastic or what?
There's nothing wrong with a little sarcasim......Now, since Kyubi's chakra was split, if Naruto would be able to acces it, that would kind of be a bad thing would it not...? By accessing it, he not only gives him self so much power which can destroy his body, but the fact that it would more and likely fuse the 2 chakra's back together..would it not? That could give the Kyuubi enough power to escape...could it not? So many unanswerd questions..so much time we must wait for them to be answerd.....

This is why my friend waits untill the series is over before he started to read it...That way he doesn't have to wait to find out...If you don't read it, you don't get into it, so it wont be tempting....But he's an idiot...so yea
siya is offline   Reply With Quote