AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 31 39.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 29.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-05, 04:46   Link #81
NecocYaotl

Can you guys just make a thread about Keima and his PFP inside a bath tub or whatever and talk about it there instead of here? I'm expecting to read about episode 5 discussion in this thread and not a meaningless talk. Please admit that the talk is meaningless, because looks like 1 of you just love to bitching about how inferior PSP is and how Keima don't care about his PFP, while the other just talking nonstop to confront him even though he actually doesn't listen to you, because inside him, he already have his truth, even if it's just inside him.
Old 2010-11-05, 07:55   Link #82
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Found the episode quite hilarious. Who here saw that stun guns coming? (in your first watch/read of course ) And raining effects on stage? Then the sound Kanon moan when she take out her duel stun guns for the kill, just so damn cute ... ^^
Of course the first part with Keima and his 2D lecture, plus Keima mom found the joy of having a daughter... are worth to mention as well. Not yet perfect but still great episode, great adaptation

I hope the arc end within the next episode through. I know that now it's more likely that they will go for another 2 episodes. But it's just my hope

PS: and it seems Kanon is the only girl with glasses in this anime. Also she seemed to have long hair back when she still in that idol group. Pink hair plus those ahoges(?) gave her away
Old 2010-11-05, 09:27   Link #83
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecocYaotl View Post
Can you guys just make a thread about Keima and his PFP inside a bath tub or whatever and talk about it there instead of here? I'm expecting to read about episode 5 discussion in this thread and not a meaningless talk. Please admit that the talk is meaningless, because looks like 1 of you just love to bitching about how inferior PSP is and how Keima don't care about his PFP, while the other just talking nonstop to confront him even though he actually doesn't listen to you, because inside him, he already have his truth, even if it's just inside him.
Gomen. I'm through. My only reason in extending it was that I thought SB didn't understand what I was trying to say, which his response post appears to show that he does. I could care less whether he agrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Found the episode quite hilarious. Who here saw that stun guns coming? (in your first watch/read of course ) And raining effects on stage? Then the sound Kanon moan when she take out her duel stun guns for the kill, just so damn cute ... ^^
Of course the first part with Keima and his 2D lecture, plus Keima mom found the joy of having a daughter... are worth to mention as well. Not yet perfect but still great episode, great adaptation

I hope the arc end within the next episode through. I know that now it's more likely that they will go for another 2 episodes. But it's just my hope

PS: and it seems Kanon is the only girl with glasses in this anime. Also she seemed to have long hair back when she still in that idol group. Pink hair plus those ahoges(?) gave her away
I don't know about anyone else, but the part that killed me was the Pac-man sound effects during his little chase animation. That wasn't portrayed that way in the manga (no sound effect), but it's just the kind of little shout out that the author loves to do.
Old 2010-11-05, 09:42   Link #84
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecocYaotl View Post
This. So very much.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-11-05, 10:13   Link #85
AlaAlba

X X
this one is cut > >
http://read.homeunix.com/onlinereadi...erver=nas.html
the "it already resounds in our hearts", LC parts

and here I wanted to make it a gif ava....
Old 2010-11-05, 12:00   Link #86
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Kanon was really well done, made her more likable... as compared to her capture arc in the manga. Excellent episode
Old 2010-11-05, 12:08   Link #87
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
X X
this one is cut > >
the "it already resounds in our hearts", LC parts

and here I wanted to make it a gif ava....
I thought there was a similar part to it in this episode...? She was talking to herself about how she want her song to get into everyone's heart or something
Old 2010-11-05, 12:47   Link #88
ShiroiRyu

Hum ...
No one speak about the Pacman sounds ? Or i forgot something.
About Kanon, she was cute ... But really dangerous. ^^'
Old 2010-11-05, 15:31   Link #89
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

although i'm disappointed that he didn't use the "let me teach you something..." line, i'm enjoying those random parodies that they come up with each episode.

aand god's words to live by in this episode:

In life, where there is save data, there is hope

i'll be adding this to the "there are no bad heroines only bad games" policy that i've been practicing for a week now
Old 2010-11-05, 17:34   Link #90
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
I never really liked the thought of Kanon having pink hair. Yes I know, it's been like that since the beginning; but in the black and white panels, I always imagined green to be a better color (don't ask me why, I don't know either).
I think pink fits perfectly fine to Kanon - it's the best hair colour for her, as it only further underlines her cuteness

Acid green however would be totally unfitting for Kanon. Acid green is only suitable for girls which have a manic personality. Noa from MM! is a good example for fitting green hair, as she's a mad scientist at first. I could also imagine Mio from MM! with green hair, it would also be fitting on her

The shocking isn't a sign of a manic personality, she's only punishing Keima for being an insensitive jerk in completely ignoring her. Besides, the shocking is just the influence of the evil spirit that is possessing her.

Another interesting tid-bid I just found from the link to the manga that was just posted here:

In the manga, Kanon uses ordinary run-of-the-mill shockers. In the anime though, she uses cute cat-shaped shockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
I really wouldn't call her dangerous... she just gets angry when someone ignores her.
Old 2010-11-05, 17:45   Link #91
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Now the question for the next episode remains.. What will happen to Keima, and Elsie if they are not able to help Kanon because she dissapered all of a sudden I also find Keima "capturing" Kanon to be quite a challenge, unless he is able to somehow find a way to learn more about her past, and get past the level of love that surpasses her fans, it will be quite a challenge to get an idol that is adored by so much fans.
Old 2010-11-05, 18:24   Link #92
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Is it just me watching 5 episodes in one shot, or does Elsee actually gets cuter each episode?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-05, 22:53   Link #93
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Hum ...
No one speak about the Pacman sounds ? Or i forgot something.
I beat you to it by about 3 hours... ^_^ But I am surprised no one mentioned it sooner. Is Pac-man the arcade game already out of the collective consciousness to that degree?
Old 2010-11-06, 00:53   Link #94
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I beat you to it by about 3 hours... ^_^ But I am surprised no one mentioned it sooner. Is Pac-man the arcade game already out of the collective consciousness to that degree?
for me it was too faint to hear, but when i went back, i finally heard it, although i think i wouldn't have recognized it as from pacman if it hasn't been pointed out

and i don't think they have been mentioned before, but what are those p p p at the end before kanon disappeared? are they connected to PPPH from the otaku lingo thread?
Old 2010-11-06, 04:48   Link #95
MartianMage

Yeah the pacman sfx were kinda faint to hear. Only heard it when I checked back on the scene with higher volume settings.

I guess the p's at the end were sound effects?
Old 2010-11-06, 05:36   Link #96
mtarzaim

Quote:
Besides, the shocking is just the influence of the evil spirit that is possessing her.
I wouldn't bet on that. :3

Really nice ep.
Close to the manga, but still adding some more stuff.
An ordinary day in Idol's life is a nice addition for exemple, and show how insane it is in Japan.
Especially when you have school to attend.

Let's see how they will handle the shining part.
It looked gorgeous in the manga. I doubt any anime adaptation, especially TV format, could do any justice to it.
Well, we'll see.
Old 2010-11-06, 06:38   Link #97
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
for me it was too faint to hear, but when i went back, i finally heard it, although i think i wouldn't have recognized it as from pacman if it hasn't been pointed out

and i don't think they have been mentioned before, but what are those p p p at the end before kanon disappeared? are they connected to PPPH from the otaku lingo thread?
Piano, pianissimo, pianissimo possible. If you listen closely, the notes actually follow the instruction. And it was mentioned, albeit not in this thread.
Old 2010-11-06, 06:44   Link #98
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Piano, pianissimo, pianissimo possible. If you listen closely, the notes actually follow the instruction. And it was mentioned, albeit not in this thread.
Wow such a great reference right there... I totally didn't expect that...

And now i realised the Pacman sound. Didn't play that game that much when i was small, but it's definitely the same sound
Old 2010-11-06, 07:15   Link #99
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is it just me watching 5 episodes in one shot, or does Elsee actually gets cuter each episode?
I don't think that its just you but Elsie really grows on you the more you know her the the anime adaption of her is excellent makes her alot more likable.
Old 2010-11-06, 07:19   Link #100
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
woah, didn't expect that it would be a reference to that, and i've not seen it mentioned here
Closed Thread