AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-01-22, 00:45   Link #201
Topcat360

Send a message via AIM to Topcat360
For some reason sometimes the m2v i create can not be found by besweet, so I don't get a complete encode, I just get video w/o audio. How do I remedy that? Also, on some files that are subbed, the subs disappear when i rencode them, how can i fix that?
Topcat360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 21:26   Link #202
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Zomg, got the script... love it. Just what I needed. One quick question. Is there any way to set the final encodes as .avi ?

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 13:59   Link #203
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloUE View Post
Zomg, got the script... love it. Just what I needed. One quick question. Is there any way to set the final encodes as .avi ?
You do realize the PRIMARY purpose of this guide is to convert AVI to a format that is directly playable by most DVD players (which AVI is not).

If you want to convert other formats (MKV or MP4) to AVI then there are other ways for doing that, I suggest checking www.videohelp.com
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 19:00   Link #204
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Yeah but most dvd player read .avi now. I just have the horrific problem of overscan to compensate for. And this method works wonders on fixing it very easily. Without me haveing to do it one at a time on programs that I don't entirely understand how to use. So in the end I need a queue for encoding program that just does the resize and letterboxing for me but keeps the same video format as you can fit way more on a dvd in .avi format.

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 15:37   Link #205
Topcat360

For some reason sometimes the m2v i create can not be found by besweet, so I don't get a complete encode, I just get video w/o audio. How do I remedy that? Also, on some files that are subbed, the subs disappear when i rencode them, how can i fix that?

PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME OUT!!
Old 2007-01-30, 00:49   Link #206
EdwardElricForever

Oh deer T_T I'm new at this forum and at encoding and I seem to be having problems getting started.

I have a tone of fansubs that I want to play on the TV without overscan that I've just been buring with overscan using Nero. I stumbled onto this guide the other day and don't really understand how to get going.

I've read through this topic and can't see anything so I hope someone could please help me out? I have never used an encoder before and I don't know where to begin.

I've read through the playbackhelp.com page and so far I've downloaded the Queue for Encoding 2.01 into my C drive. The folder called C:\DVDStudio has appeared fine so I moved onto the next page but I don't know how to do this. http://www.playbackhelp.com/doc/guid...ue/config.html

Please could someone help me out as I can't seem to find the configeration files.

Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions ^-^
EdwardElricForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 02:26   Link #207
secondsabre

AC3 vs. MP2?

Alright, I'm not exactly *new* at this whole DVD encoding thing, but suffice it to say, this is by far one of the slicker methods I've seen in my time doing it, especially since it seems to take almost all the little things that plague me into account all at once.

Now, I do have a rather odd question, and yes, I already googled it, but couldn't get the exact information I was looking for.

I've been doing the anime encode thing for a while, and most AVI's use an MP3 audio source, right? In all of the anime I've DVD'd, I've always used AC3 audio, 'cause when I find a system that works, I stick with it.

Generally, the process is to extract the MP3 file from the AVI using VDubMod, then transform it to a AC3 file (originally by using WinAmp to decode to WAV, then to AC3 via FFMPEG GUI) which I finally broke down and purchased dbPowerAmp to do (since it does a million other things that I do all the time as well).

The BeSweet system built into the script just seems to take an obscenely long time (which is really 90% my computer being a POS), far longer than switching them to AC3 via the method I've grown accustomed to. Also, I'm not really familiar with the MP2 format when it comes to DVD authoring.

What I basically want to know is if using my current method and AC3 audio (which is slightly superior to MP2, if I remember correctly) will mess anything up when I go to author these DVD's? Or should I just stick to the way the script works and use the MP2?

I'd really appreciate any insight or comments on this one!

(PS. Is it okay to replace the QuEnc exe file contained in the package with the newest version (6.1 to 7.1)? There's been quite a few updates in terms of speed and functionality, from what I understand, and I'm quite eager to see it in action. Thanks!)
secondsabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 13:06   Link #208
secondsabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardElricForever View Post
Please could someone help me out as I can't seem to find the configeration files.
The config files are in the 'Scripts' folder inside the DVDStudio main folder. There should be two, called 'config.ini' and 'queue.bat'. If you right-click either one of them, there should be an option to 'Open With...'. When you select that, a list of programs will pop up in Windows. Tell both of them to open in Notepad, and you can edit them from there.

Good to go!

Ja matta,
Kirk Sabre
secondsabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 01:58   Link #209
uuasnyder

MKV converts with video upside down

I tried playing the avs file that the initial batch job creates. It is upside down as well. The avs file for an AVI file is right side up though. Any thoughts?
uuasnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 23:39   Link #210
Ikaruga22

does this guide work with vista?
Ikaruga22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 01:41   Link #211
popoycanton

@secondsabre
ac3 vs mp3 = I prefer multichannel Ac3 over two channel mp3 anytime simply because I have an HT setup, but if you're converting mp3 to ac3 I hardy see any merit in that, not to mention the degradation in sound quality.
popoycanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 10:54   Link #212
NetHacker

Hi

I found and am inspired this Tutorial since short of it, but there is a small problem for me there.
I a user from Germany and in Germany is the PAL standard here represented and loud the FAQ supports the Script the PAL format not.

Is there a possibility of changing in the Script something so that it converts the video material PAL conformal?
And have you a Backup from aktee´s guide ? His Guide is not available.

Thanks already times for the answers

Last edited by NetHacker; 2007-02-21 at 15:26.
NetHacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 16:15   Link #213
Topcat360

Hi, do these scripts work for mac users, or does anyone know of any script or program that'll help eliminate overscan on a mac????
Old 2007-03-03, 03:02   Link #214
sweetbox01

i have a question i use ur program to convert mkv to dvd and it was successful but it's kinda small when i play. How can i make it bigger?
sweetbox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 03:42   Link #215
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Use a bigger TV set.

But if you're trying to shrink the black borders, then change the options in Scripts\config.ini Just don't forget that the width of the image plus border has to add up to 720,480.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 03:51   Link #216
sweetbox01

How do i change that kind of thing can u show me an example or picture cuz i'm not good with this stuff sry ^^

onegai shi masu

One more question which do i need to change fullscreenresize or wildscreenresize?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-03 at 04:16. Reason: double-post merged
Old 2007-03-03, 04:05   Link #217
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

well I use these options;
Code:
FullScreenResize 	= 660,440
FullScreenBorder 	= 30,20,30,20
CCETemplateFS		= "Fullscreen"
WideScreenResize	= 660,330
WideScreenBorder	= 30,75,30,75
CCETemplateWS		= "Widescreen"
If those borders are too wide for you, then you could make them smaller like this:
Code:
FullScreenResize 	= 690,460
FullScreenBorder 	= 15,10,15,10
WideScreenResize	= 690,345
WideScreenBorder	= 15,67,15,68
Or to remove them entirely:
Code:
FullScreenResize 	= 720,480
FullScreenBorder 	= 0,0,0,0
WideScreenResize	= 720,360
WideScreenBorder	= 0,60,0,60
Just be careful with the aspect ratio to keep viewable width/height equal to 1.5

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-03-03, 04:10   Link #218
sweetbox01

i'll try ^^ thx a lot bro

one more of stupid question >< how do i know if my source is wildscreen or not

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-03 at 04:17. Reason: merged double-post
Old 2007-03-03, 04:14   Link #219
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Fortunately for you the scripts will figure that out.

As for answering how...... I wonder if you know what widescreen means. Do you know how sometimes when you see movies on your TV they have black bars on the top and bottom of the screen? That is widescreen. It is also called letterboxed.

You should be able to tell if your source is widescreen by playing it and using your eyes.

Old 2007-03-03, 04:19   Link #220
sweetbox01

haha XD sry that just my stupid question XD

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate