AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-11, 19:48   Link #3241
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I got a quick question about the most recent Manga chapter...I was looking to read this so i went ahead to the later chapters to see what was going on. Is there a time skip?

Spoiler for Chapter 240+...:
Old 2009-04-11, 20:02   Link #3242
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I got a quick question about the most recent Manga chapter...I was looking to read this so i went ahead to the later chapters to see what was going on. Is there a time skip?

Well the answer to that will be quite spoilerific. You will know about it at the right time in the manga. But if you still want to know:

Spoiler for Latest chapters:

I don't know where you are on the manga so I didn't gave many details. If you want a more detailed answer just ask.
Old 2009-04-11, 20:10   Link #3243
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Well the answer to that will be quite spoilerific. You will know about it at the right time in the manga. But if you still want to know:

Spoiler for Latest chapters:

I don't know where you are on the manga so I didn't gave many details. If you want a more detailed answer just ask.
That does clear it up.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 20:26   Link #3244
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I see what you mean, but still I wonder who the boss is that they need too pay for the debt.
Actually I was thinking that it might be Rakan. I checked back in the manga and it might be possible, all it says about the "boss" is that he manages multiple arenas and when we see him in the flashback with Ako sick he is wearing one of the big white hooded robes which Rakan is also wearing in his first appearance. Yeah its slim information and a guess but I wouldn't be suprised if it turns out right.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 20:32   Link #3245
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Actually I was thinking that it might be Rakan. I checked back in the manga and it might be possible, all it says about the "boss" is that he manages multiple arenas and when we see him in the flashback with Ako sick he is wearing one of the big white hooded robes which Rakan is also wearing in his first appearance. Yeah its slim information and a guess but I wouldn't be suprised if it turns out right.
Now that you think about it, it might be pretty accurate As a matter of fact i can just see it happening.
Old 2009-04-11, 20:42   Link #3246
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The first time I heard that theory I didn't gave it much credit... but with recents developments (Rakan is a big liar XD) I can see that happening...
Old 2009-04-11, 20:52   Link #3247
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I would not say he is a "Big Liar" he is just carefree and does not reveal much about anything, he sorta just lets them figure it out.
Old 2009-04-11, 22:09   Link #3248
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post

Spoiler:
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 22:15   Link #3249
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb View Post
Spoiler:
Still I found it stupid of him using Nagi, he could have done better instead of using such a revealing name, even though I do know his intentions were too let the world know he was there by world i mean his students. So he pick his father name since they were looking for him, and he knew the students would look it up.
Old 2009-04-11, 22:18   Link #3250
Xacual

Well the main reason he used the name Nagi Springfield was to create a media sensation so if his students were somewhere out in the world and able to see news they'd know where to find him.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 22:23   Link #3251
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Still I found it stupid of him using Nagi, he could have done better instead of using such a revealing name, even though I do know his intentions were too let the world know he was there by world i mean his students. So he pick his father name since they were looking for him, and he knew the students would look it up.
Apparently, the citizen's of the magic world are even dumber than he is, and just brush him off as a imitator, because looking like the legendary hero who entered the war and baring the same name and there being someone who looks like a childish version of him being a wanted criminal is in no way suspicious.

The fact that they are both known to be very powerful? It's just a coincidence to the thousands upon thousands of people watching the matches. The again, we are also about the same people who don't recognize his wanted students who are only wearing cat-ears, so they aren't exactly the brightest tools in the shed. I guess you could say that his gamble on all of these people being oblivious payed off since his students know where he will be.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 22:55   Link #3252
chaosprophet

Hey Chao's arc from the tournament to the "vs Mars" battle showed us how stupid people are on Negimaverse. :P

Quote:
I would not say he is a "Big Liar" he is just carefree and does not reveal much about anything, he sorta just lets them figure it out.
Well I was thinking about Katagero... how they already were friends before he met Negi... so Katagero attack on Negi was completely Rakan setup...

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2009-04-12 at 16:47.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 23:09   Link #3253
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Hey Chaos arc from the tournament to the "vs Mars" battle showed us how stupid people are on Negimaverse. :P

Well I was thinking about Katagero... how they already were friends before he met Negi... so Katagero attack on Negi was completely Rakan setup...
I dont think it was a complete setup, I think that Kagetarou came too fight Negi, but when he saw Rakan he played along or something. I mean you never know, you know why im suggesting this? because for Rakan too think this far is much too unlike him.
Old 2009-04-11, 23:25   Link #3254
chaosprophet

Quote:
I dont think it was a complete setup, I think that Kagetarou came too fight Negi, but when he saw Rakan he played along or something. I mean you never know, you know why im suggesting this? because for Rakan too think this far is much too unlike him.
I understand your point but I think Rakan is able to have that level of planning if it's not in the middle of a battle. :P
Now the part where he tells Negi that he never intended the fight ot be a serious one and that he still wouldn't consider Negi as an adult seemed more as just Rakan being his idiotic self (but it end up as the trigger to make Negi defeat him). XD
Old 2009-04-11, 23:28   Link #3255
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Lol yeah, still I do think that this fight might have created a good friendship between Rakan and Negi, kinda similier too which Rakan had with Nagi.
Old 2009-04-11, 23:49   Link #3256
ChronoReverse

Haha, I like it. With the 20 second count Negi gets to win but Rakan demonstrates why he's still the invincible idiot and the guy who won't die damnit lol.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 15:29   Link #3257
ZeroForever

decent setup with the new chapter, with the Negi official win and rakan getting up and pounding him anyways.

just curious whether or not rakan will tell him about the past or avoid it with a fee or something.

honestly the general populace of the negima verse has been abnormal since the beginning. As noted Chisame from the beginning of the series when you have robots for classmates and no one cares the world isn't quite normal.
Old 2009-04-12, 15:30   Link #3258
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
decent setup with the new chapter, with the Negi official win and rakan getting up and pounding him anyways.

just curious whether or not rakan will tell him about the past or avoid it with a fee or something.

honestly the general populace of the negima verse has been abnormal since the beginning. As noted Chisame from the beginning of the series when you have robots for classmates and no one cares the world isn't quite normal.
I dont think that Rakan will avoid telling him, since Rakan told him if he won he would.
Old 2009-04-12, 16:52   Link #3259
ZeroForever

no all rakan said is that he would acknowledge him as having reached manhood.

at no point does he promise that he would say anything in detail about what happened.
Old 2009-04-12, 17:22   Link #3260
chaosprophet

If rakan do something like that he better don't sleep... or he may wake up with a giant spear through his head.

Tags
action, fantasy