AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-18, 15:42   Link #41
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
So I'm stuck on the first test of valor on Mentor with no Ki and one grain of spiritual life. I've been doing OLCs and Izuna Drops, but one damn grab and its over.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 17:41   Link #42
bungmonkey

Yeah that first ToV on mentor/MN is tough. Even harder since you don't have any ki. The strat I used to beat it was to use level 2 wind blades at the very start and cut off a limb from every single non mage ninja (make sure you don't kill any). If you have no ki you can try izuna dropping them since I don't think a single one will kill those guys and usually tears off a limb. At least on MN izuna drop didn't kill them in one go.

Once a limb is gone from every non mage they will move very slow and you can easily avoid them. After that start running around in circles killing mages until they stop spawning. As you run in circles the slow guys will just clump up in the middle trying to go after you. After that kill ONE of the limping ninjas and kill them until they stop spawning etc etc.

I highly recommend using the falcon's talons for the entire ToV (and nearly every time you fight a ninja ) for its flying swallow to izuna drop combo. It gives you lots of invincibility time to avoid incendiary shurikens. You have to have them at level 2 to do that move but they are incredibly useful
bungmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 00:55   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
The Scythe is bloody excellent as a UT weapon, the ranged UT deals great damage, but the good thing is, it does not require enemy contact.

I used it against that ANNOYING worm boss, did it in 2 minutes or less, I swear.

At the end game stages, I find that I could just use the Scythe to replace the Claws/Twin swords/Lunar and practically every other weapon except the Dragon sword with it's triple swallow.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 11:09   Link #44
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
So I'm stuck on the first test of valor on Mentor with no Ki and one grain of spiritual life. I've been doing OLCs and Izuna Drops, but one damn grab and its over.
I'm stuck at Genshin. On MENTOR.

I swear I am reloading my last save to fight that sonuvabitch 'cause he's simply TOO GHEY.

Did I mention I have no HP items as well. orz
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 15:29   Link #45
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
I'm stuck at Genshin. On MENTOR.

I swear I am reloading my last save to fight that sonuvabitch 'cause he's simply TOO GHEY.

Did I mention I have no HP items as well. orz
If you're stuck on the first encounter, I just killed all the claw ninjas first since they don't respawn if you do.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 20:38   Link #46
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

I know that much.

It's that this fight it incredibly one-sided, since I have no health Items.

Reloaded save point to get extra HP items. Time to smash Genshin into the mud. ^^
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote