Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-18, 18:36   Link #521
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Can we keep Geass as Geass and not hail it as the most awesomest fantabulous anime ever made? It's hardly worth all the hype that heretics praise it out to be. FMA was hardly rooted in seriousness and gloom. Neither are any of the other shows that are in that list.
Geass isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread or anything...I'm just citing WHY Bandai would use the strategy they SEEM to be using for this new Gundam project...

According to Bandai President Kazunori Ueno, the 4 main characters will appeal not only to female fans gained with the previous Gundam, but to male fans who prefer harsh outlooks of the world.

Read between the lines like a good scanlator...This is consistent with my veiw that they are trying to cater to a fringe dynamic via the designs, yet present a more serious toned project (Using GSD as a templet for moving in this direction aswell)..

As for your point about FMA, as usual you have limited clues of what's going on or how to properly express yourself...My God FMA is rooted in the backdrop of two sons who try to bring their dead Mother back to life using alchemy...This process brings a monsterous version of their mother alive and looses the body of one brother...Countless hardships to characters and people they love transpire throughout the show...Characters who turn their own loved-ones into pitiful Chimeras begging just to die...Teachers who bring back their dead babies via the Gate...I can go on and on and mention characters like Maes Hughes, Lust, Scar (The relationship of Lust and Scar's brother),etc. that are all rooted in seriousness, pain, and ultimatley gloom...The final episode of the series only enhances this...Yes there are moments of fun and glee, but the serious tone of the show is what makes the comedy more effective..So FMA is hardly rooted in seriousness and gloom?? Hardly?? Are you really saying this?? O.o Please go and argue a small child rather than me if that's the best you can do...

Main characters dying, unapologetic display concearning the ills of life, dark atmosphere is all consistent to the point I was making to D A M I E N (Not to mention about FMA) who is hoping for more grit like from older G-series...My point to him is based on who's behind the project (Mizushima) it SEEMS likely we will get that despite the character designs (Which don't bother me but I guess I can understand why others are concearned)...If you thought FMA was crap that's your deal, but don't downplay the gloom and seriousness of the show, especially based on a lack of substance, which is what you have provided...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2007-06-19 at 15:04. Reason: syntax
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 19:01   Link #522
_X12A_Testament

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Geass isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread or anything...I'm just citing WHY Bandai would use the strategy they SEEM to be using for this new Gundam project...

According to Bandai President Kazunori Ueno, the 4 main characters will appeal not only to female fans gained with the previous Gundam, but to male fans who prefer harsh outlooks of the world.

Read between the lines like a good scanlator...This is consistent with my veiw that they are trying to cater to a fringe dynamic via the designs, yet present a more serious toned project (Using GSD as a templet for moving in this direction aswell)..

As for your point about FMA, as usual you have limited clues of what's going on or how to properly express yourself...My God FMA is rooted in the backdrop of two sons who try to bring their dead Mother back to life using alchemy...This process brings a monsterous version of their mother alive and looses the body of one brother...Countless hardships to characters and people they love transpire throughout the show...Characters who turn their own loved-ones into pitiful Chimeras begging just to die...Teachers who bring back their dead babies via the Gate...I can go on and on and mention characters like Maes Hughes, Lust, Scar (The relationship of Lust and Scar's brother),etc. that are all rooted in seriousness, pain, and ultimatley gloom...The final episode of the series only enhances this...Yes there are moments of fun and glee, but the serious tone of the show is what makes the comedy more effective..So FMA is hardley rooted in seriousness and gloom?? Hardley?? Are you really saying this?? O.o Please go and argue a small child rather than me if that's the best you can do...

Main characters dying, unapologetic display concearning the ills of life, dark atmosphere is all consistent to the point I was making to D A M I E N (Not to mention about FMA) who is hoping for more grit like from older G-series...My point to him is based on who's behind the project (Mizushima) it SEEMS likely we will get that despite the character designs (Which don't bother me but I guess I can understand why others are concearned)...If you thought FMA was crap that's your deal, but don't downplay the gloom and seriousness of the show, especially based on a lack of substance, which is what you have provided...
FMA was all of the above but if you think it is just that, you are missing the true message of the show. It might be hard for a very young person to wrap their heads around though, but I don't know your age....

Anyways it is jumping the gun to assume that GundamOO will be so closely resembling FMA plotwise.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 19:36   Link #523
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^No I didn't thing FMA was JUST THAT, but it was alot of that...Do you know what "rooted" means??

I love when I provide examples then the next person provides nothing and thinks they've told me something...So tell me what I'm missing, what I can't wrap my mind around? You've just countered substance with bull$hit...Oh I'm a kid that doesn't understand deep things...Puh-leeeeze ....There's atleast 20 members who hate my a$$ that would argue you back under your bridge for that...

Just like Fukuda was successful with Dendoh and Cyber-Forumula he took that certain style (or some extent of that style) with him to Gundam...Just like Mizushima was with FMA, NGE, Generator Gawl, etc., I'd say it's quite likely he'll bring his style to Gundam (Doesn't take a scholar to understand that simplicity)...Bandai President Kazunori Ueno's words only supports what I think will likely occur...Showing the serious nature of a previous work only relates to atmosphere, tone, or themes--Not to similiar plot,...but please keep coming at me with that sage advice that hints to you still smarting from our last encounter...Jumping the gun based on well-thought out content is better than jumping the gun based on "getbackwingdarkness"-ness...
Old 2007-06-18, 23:01   Link #524
_X12A_Testament

Quote:
^No I didn't thing FMA was JUST THAT, but it was alot of that...Do you know what "rooted" means??

I love when I provide examples then the next person provides nothing and thinks they've told me something...So tell me what I'm missing, what I can't wrap my mind around? You've just countered substance with bull$hit...Oh I'm a kid that doesn't understand deep things...Puh-leeeeze ....There's atleast 20 members who hate my a$$ that would argue you back under your bridge for that...

Just like Fukuda was successful with Dendoh and Cyber-Forumula he took that certain style (or some extent of that style) with him to Gundam...Just like Mizushima was with FMA, NGE, Generator Gawl, etc., I'd say it's quite likely he'll bring his style to Gundam (Doesn't take a scholar to understand that simplicity)...Bandai President Kazunori Ueno's words only supports what I think will likely occur...Showing the serious nature of a previous work only relates to atmosphere, tone, or themes--Not to similiar plot,...but please keep coming at me with that sage advice that hints to you still smarting from our last encounter...Jumping the gun based on well-thought out content is better than jumping the gun based on "getbackwingdarkness"-ness...
Thanks for broadcasting to the board that everything is interpreted as an attack in your reality, now we know... Seriously, re-read my post and try taking out the animosity that you feel from everyone in your head. I didn't direct anything negative towards you because I said I didn't know your age therefore I was leaving it unknown as to if it applyed to you or not. All I implyed was that there was more to it than what you focused multiple paragraphs on, which I have no need to list as it is kind of obvious to those who watched FMA. Why should I bring up all the examples in the GUNDAM OO thread? I'td be the gundam OT (off topic) thread then wouldn't it?

Besides that fact that the first sentence in your response tells me I am correct to say that "gloom" and "seriousness" is far from the "roots" of FMA. You are only getting HALF THE PICTURE, that is my point. There are things that are the opposite of darkness and depression that are the true roots of FMA. Overcoming tragedy, finding new reasons to live, forgiving oneself, giving one's life for another, etc... I think if you only get the negative stuff (hmm, I see a pattern here) you are getting caught up and missing out.
Old 2007-06-18, 23:58   Link #525
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah wingdarkness' reality is totally F'd up I'd agree with you there...

Dude if I'm wrong I'm wrong...I'll walk the plank..Hell I get no greater joy than when someone can push me there, but what I'm stating here is quite clear-cut...

Quote:
FMA is hardly rooted in seriousness and gloom??
Being someone who has watched this show do you prescribe to the purity of this statement?? "Hardly" suggests almost non-existent amounts of this...That's the statement I'm going against..And as it relates to Gundam 00 I'm simply pointing out why one who would be looking for a more serious, or somber tone (Per Bandai's presidents own words) might be calmed by hearing who's doing the directing...Yes FMA has messages of hope, moving-on, never giving-up (Even really light-hearted comedy), but the vast majority of content in the show is about suffering and the suffering of others..Many scenes are filled with pathos and sickening realities...Maybe my definitions of gloom or seriousness are severely flawed here if you didn't pick up on the plethora of this (Whether it be half the picture or not it's BEYOND prevelant)...Which means Gundam 00 may indeed have alot of that type of atmosphere (Especially if they hired the guy because of his work on FMA)...The plot doesn't have to have 1 iota of similarity with FMA for the atmosphere to be similiar...Which means I never jumped any gun...You jumped the gun by thinking my examples of it's serious tone was all I knew of the show...

And if we're comparing the director of a work it's more than relevant to discuss what that work was about as long as we tie it into Gundam00 as I've done...The entire impetus of the show is about the mistake they made trying to bring their mother back and the consequences of that and how that effected so many others (Others whose lives have been brought death and gloom because of this)...the root of their journey begins with this...and as that root forms a tree it branches off into many different variables...

Again this point is so simple to me, and per my original argument I don't think some G-00 character designs are enough to make me disappointed with the premise of what it SEEMINGLY will be (Ofcourse this is based on who's directing it and Bandai's own take on what it should be about)...
Old 2007-06-19, 01:20   Link #526
_X12A_Testament

Quote:
Yeah wingdarkness' reality is totally F'd up I'd agree with you there...

Dude if I'm wrong I'm wrong...I'll walk the plank..Hell I get no greater joy than when someone can push me there, but what I'm stating here is quite clear-cut...

Being someone who has watched this show do you prescribe to the purity of this statement?? "Hardly" suggests almost non-existent amounts of this...That's the statement I'm going against..And as it relates to Gundam 00 I'm simply pointing out why one who would be looking for a more serious, or somber tone (Per Bandai's presidents own words) might be calmed by hearing who's doing the directing...Yes FMA has messages of hope, moving-on, never giving-up (Even really light-hearted comedy), but the vast majority of content in the show is about suffering and the suffering of others..Many scenes are filled with pathos and sickening realities...Maybe my definitions of gloom or seriousness are severely flawed here if you didn't pick up on the plethora of this (Whether it be half the picture or not it's BEYOND prevelant)...Which means Gundam 00 may indeed have alot of that type of atmosphere (Especially if they hired the guy because of his work on FMA)...The plot doesn't have to have 1 iota of similarity with FMA for the atmosphere to be similiar...Which means I never jumped any gun...You jumped the gun by thinking my examples of it's serious tone was all I knew of the show...

And if we're comparing the director of a work it's more than relevant to discuss what that work was about as long as we tie it into Gundam00 as I've done...The entire impetus of the show is about the mistake they made trying to bring their mother back and the consequences of that and how that effected so many others (Others whose lives have been brought death and gloom because of this)...the root of their journey begins with this...and as that root forms a tree it branches off into many different variables...

Again this point is so simple to me, and per my original argument I don't think some G-00 character designs are enough to make me disappointed with the premise of what it SEEMINGLY will be (Ofcourse this is based on who's directing it and Bandai's own take on what it should be about)...

I see where you are coming from better now, but be careful of confusing prevalence with significance. Just because something is in your face doesn't automatically give it more importance than less prevalent, underlying things.

I guess the only speculation I am comfortable making from this information alone is that the death will be less "candy-coated" than in C.E. Gruesome deaths FTW!
Old 2007-06-19, 01:26   Link #527
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X12A_Testament View Post
I see where you are coming from better now, but be careful of confusing prevalence with significance. Just because something is in your face doesn't automatically give it more importance than less prevalent, underlying things.

I guess the only speculation I am comfortable making from this information alone is that the death will be less "candy-coated" than in C.E. Gruesome deaths FTW!
Well... one can hope. But still, shows like FMA and Code Geass have the advantage of being aired at the mid-night timeslot. Thus gore isn't an issue for the more liberal JP channels (some TV channels don't do blood at ALL.)
The traditional Gundam slots, though, is not going to be easy. Technically they CAN get away with things, but only if their is a deliberate intention to push the envelope. People popping like ballons in SEED with that incident concerning the Alaska weapon was probably as far as they can go.

(one also wonders if the higher reslution and animation detail in current Gundam series means gore is less acceptable than would be if it was drawn the way it was in the original Gundam TV.)
Old 2007-06-19, 01:39   Link #528
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X12A_Testament View Post

God, this is so hard for me to do (LMAO)...

I apologize for over-reacting to your previous post...

And yes believable non-desensitizing deaths FTW!!
Old 2007-06-19, 01:40   Link #529
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well... one can hope. But still, shows like FMA and Code Geass have the advantage of being aired at the mid-night timeslot. Thus gore isn't an issue for the more liberal JP channels (some TV channels don't do blood at ALL.)
The traditional Gundam slots, though, is not going to be easy. Technically they CAN get away with things, but only if their is a deliberate intention to push the envelope. People popping like ballons in SEED with that incident concerning the Alaska weapon was probably as far as they can go.

(one also wonders if the higher reslution and animation detail in current Gundam series means gore is less acceptable than would be if it was drawn the way it was in the original Gundam TV.)
Err..

FMA wasn't a mid-night timeslot. It had the doroku slot.

Anyway, doroku slot shows aren't all cheese and stuff either, even if they have an unnatural tendecy to lean a little towards the female side of fanbase. If Gundam 00 can be 2/3rd as good in terms of protrayal as the currently doroku show Toward the Terra, a 70s remake, I'll be goddamn happy man.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 12:28   Link #530
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfagness View Post
As for your point about FMA, as usual you have limited clues of what's going on or how to properly express yourself...My God FMA is rooted in the backdrop of two sons who try to bring their dead Mother back to life using alchemy...This process brings a monsterous version of their mother alive and looses the body of one brother...Countless hardships to characters and people they love transpire throughout the show...Characters who turn their own loved-ones into pitiful Chimeras begging just to die...Teachers who bring back their dead babies via the Gate...I can go on and on and mention characters like Maes Hughes, Lust, Scar (The relationship of Lust and Scar's brother),etc. that are all rooted in seriousness, pain, and ultimatley gloom...The final episode of the series only enhances this...Yes there are moments of fun and glee, but the serious tone of the show is what makes the comedy more effective..So FMA is hardley rooted in seriousness and gloom?? Hardley?? Are you really saying this?? O.o Please go and argue a small child rather than me if that's the best you can do...
Yup, limited clues. Hi, you are talking to someone who was one of the information contributors for FMA information back in the day. I know all about the series. Therefore, that being said, I can say that in my opinion there is nothing gloomy about it at all. If you want gloom and seriousness, why not go watch a Satoshi Kon movie or someone else who knows how to orchestrate it well, then compare it to FMA. Case and point, served.

Quote:
Go watch Victory Gundam and tell me that wasn't a nice example of seriousness of war and doom.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 14:51   Link #531
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Yup, limited clues. Hi, you are talking to someone who was one of the information contributors for FMA information back in the day. I know all about the series. Therefore, that being said, I can say that in my opinion there is nothing gloomy about it at all. If you want gloom and seriousness, why not go watch a Satoshi Kon movie or someone else who knows how to orchestrate it well, then compare it to FMA. Case and point, served
Never took you for the goth-chick type...but that's the type of circles you'd have to run with to not feel any somber feelings (on some level) while watching FMA (Feelings or no feelings though you can't miss what's been stated)...As for the rest, as usual, my examples and analysis speaks for itself..Having all the info in the world on FMA doesn't seem to have helped you understand much if after reading all this you stand by the statment:

Quote:
FMA is hardly rooted in seriousness and gloom.
All you've served me is yet another argumentative victory (and I don't mean Usso's Gundam)...Hopefully Mizushima serves us all a G-series with the same level of seriousness...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2007-06-19 at 15:06. Reason: gloom
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 00:04   Link #532
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Gundam 00 merchandising redux

Famitsu.com put up even more extensive coverage of the Gundam 00 Club eX event (and more pics of the MG Turn A Gundam prototype and other figures).

FG (First Grade) Gundam Exia - September
FG Gundam Dynames - September
FG Gundam Kyrios - September
FG Gundam Virtue - October
HG Gundam Exia - October
HG Gundam Dynames - November (December?)
HG Gundam Kyrios - November (December?)
1/60 Gundam Exia - October (or maybe November or December...)
HCM-Pro Gundam Exia - October
HCM-Pro Gundam Dynames - October
HCM-Pro Gundam Kyrios - November

You can see Hajime Katoki credited for work on the 00 Region line. An unspecified large-scale item will be released for the Gundam Collection series in December.

Frm Gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 06:29   Link #533
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Hmm...I hope the HGs are good
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 07:31   Link #534
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
The First Grade models do look a bit better than even the painted SEED/D no grade models, but it wouldn't surprise me if the only difference is slightly bendable knees and elbows.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 10:55   Link #535
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Gundam 00 merchandising redux

Famitsu.com put up even more extensive coverage of the Gundam 00 Club eX event (and more pics of the MG Turn A Gundam prototype and other figures).

FG (First Grade) Gundam Exia - September
FG Gundam Dynames - September
FG Gundam Kyrios - September
FG Gundam Virtue - October
HG Gundam Exia - October
HG Gundam Dynames - November (December?)
HG Gundam Kyrios - November (December?)
1/60 Gundam Exia - October (or maybe November or December...)
HCM-Pro Gundam Exia - October
HCM-Pro Gundam Dynames - October
HCM-Pro Gundam Kyrios - November
What's HCM-Pro grade?
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 12:33   Link #536
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
What's HCM-Pro grade?
HCM-Pro = High Complete Model Progressive = (usually) 1/200-scale action figures... Its not a grade.
Old 2007-06-22, 16:18   Link #537
Kasn

New image of Exia by cybersynaptic from Junk Guild.
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/3324/oo3mw1tu1.jpg
Dyname,Kyrios And Virue by Homeless-chan from Junk Guild.
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5720/oo2rf0.jpg

Last edited by Kasn; 2007-06-22 at 17:56.
Kasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 09:06   Link #538
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Okay those new gundams just look plain retarded. And the pilot of the Exia looks far too much like Shinn for me to start liking this show.

Here's to hoping Killer Tomato swoops in and beamspams all of those fugly things.
Old 2007-06-23, 09:52   Link #539
Rever129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasn View Post
New image of Exia by cybersynaptic from Junk Guild.
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/3324/oo3mw1tu1.jpg
Dyname,Kyrios And Virue by Homeless-chan from Junk Guild.
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5720/oo2rf0.jpg
I'm 'meh' on these mecha designs at the moment. I'll need to see them animated before I make any final judgements on them. Btw, is it me or are Exia's feet way too small?
Rever129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 13:56   Link #540
omegastar

The designs are okay to me, just a little too 'untraditional' or 'futuristic', perhaps?

The only gripe is the size of the feet. Why do they have to make such small feet..? I mean, they looked bad on the Out Frame, and now they look like they have no ankles. Geez, if they want to go ZOE, why don't just go all out? -_-
omegastar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers