Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-27, 23:12   Link #441
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willcrusher View Post
Hmm...looks like the broadcast stations are pulling another "Clannad" for this series. TBS releases in 4:3 and 3+ weeks later BS-i releases in WS.

Anyone know if any particular sub groups are going to release the Widescreen version of this series?
Ayako fansubs might also work on the widescreen version.
Old 2008-04-27, 23:47   Link #442
digi.amuro

I think this is my first time in this thread. So far, I've been pleased enough to stick with the show. At first, I really didnt like Rito and Lala (mostly Lala) but Rito's really grown on me and after reading several volumes of manga, Lala is somewhat appealing now, but I still think she's too much of an annoyance (which I think is part of the story's charm). I find myself liking the supporting cast, haruna and mikan alot and the story's been pretty interesting. Kinda sad that it hasnt maintained consistency, but in the most cases, the changes were bearable.

First episode urked me on account of Lala's annoying cuteness, her over-the-top-ness and her screwing over Rito, who I found myself rooting for the whole episode. Mikan and Haruna made it better, lol!
2nd episode was alittle better, not much to complain about aside from Lala still being annoying.
3rd episode was great. Loved the interactions and development, not to mention the comedy and it was fairly close to the manga src.
4th episode was ok again, but I think its the weakest of the 4 so far. I didnt see much happen this episode and the ending w/ the cg squids and crab was pretty lame to me. Should have stuck with regular animation style of the show, tho the cg looked nice, it was just out of place. the whole scene felt poorly executed as well.

I havent seen any subs yet, so my thoughts are subject to change on episode 4. Cant wait to see some more of the other character's appear. Then the show will really get good. And moar Mikan!!!!
Old 2008-05-01, 00:07   Link #443
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Tentacles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
4th episode was ok again, but I think its the weakest of the 4 so far. I didnt see much happen this episode and the ending w/ the cg squids and crab was pretty lame to me. Should have stuck with regular animation style of the show, tho the cg looked nice, it was just out of place. the whole scene felt poorly executed as well.
Well, clearly the various sea creatures were only included to justify the tentacle action which in my opinion, wasn't very impressive anyhow. I do agree with you in that the CG was just out of place. To be honest, I'd rather see a hand drawn still than blatant CG like that. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the animation.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 01:04   Link #444
ZODDGUTS

Ha ha even though ep 4 was filler thought it was pretty funny. Poor Rito he kept on getting blown up in those wars he imagined to be in. Also a good thing Haruna was passed out during the tentacle scene. Yeah the CG really stand out but I wouldn't be surprise if they did it on purpose just to make that scene even sillier.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 06:33   Link #445
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 4 worked because of sheer WTF factor. About half way through, I was thinking to myself, ok, here we go, this is going to be as predictable as hell. Well... I was wrong. That went to the complete other extreme, and was totally off the walls.

I'm not sure I could stand an entire series of that, but as a one-off dose of insanity every now and then, it could work quite well. Then again, it's not that the love triangle stuff is particularly interesting...
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 08:17   Link #446
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The WTF moments were very welldone, though i loved Zastin's moments in this episode even more. I hope he keeps appearing like this until the end of the series.
Old 2008-05-01, 09:35   Link #447
MarthX

1: All canon with the ending changed a bit.
2: Some canon scenes mixed around with a quite a bit of filler
3: All canon except for the very end
4: Completely filler

Why are they adding so much filler? There's so much manga material that they're not covering. My only guess is that the material is too ecchi for broadcast.
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 11:50   Link #448
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Why are they adding so much filler? There's so much manga material that they're not covering. My only guess is that the material is too ecchi for broadcast.
Guesses-

1. Because they can
2. Because they want to
3. Becuase it won't hurt

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 12:34   Link #449
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Spoiler for 5:
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 12:43   Link #450
sikvod00

In all seriousness, Mikan is too cool (and cute) to be related to Rito.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 12:57   Link #451
digi.amuro

I had heard about some production pics featuring Lala and a few others less than censored awhile back, probably for the dvds. I'd say they could of pulled off the manga well if they wanted to, just censor/cut alittle in TV airing and leave the rest in dvds or have alternate eps added for dvd release.

So far, I've started warming up to the show, but I hope we get more of the storyline or at least a storyline. I wanna see more HarunaxRito development. The manga has been good to me so far and hope the anime picks up too.

Ep 5 seems like it's a good watch, despite changes. I liked this chapter in the manga cuz of the drill queen's delusions of grandure.
Old 2008-05-01, 13:36   Link #452
ZODDGUTS

Hmm not sure why their changing several things guess I'm fine with it since it hasn't sucked.
Old 2008-05-01, 14:14   Link #453
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
In his defense though, he hasn't turned out to be a spineless "so and so", which is a good sign

Mikan is too much of a bait though
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Hmm not sure why their changing several things guess I'm fine with it since it hasn't sucked.
I agree on it so far. Even though they are "fillers" I am happy to see that they do not suck as one would expect them to. But I don't know how much longer they can keep this coming for (and when the heck is Eve coming >_<).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 14:56   Link #454
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
indeed , they may be fillers , but since they are keeping the tottaly out-of-control spirit of To-love-ru , it's ok.
And Lala & Mikan is too much love to get angry at fillers .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Wait till you see their father....if they ever Introduce him since they skipped a lot of chapter...
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 15:45   Link #455
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

seems like they're introducing new girls, and it seems like the next girl is a tsundere of sorts... are all the girls in the opening theme (sans the little sister) gonna be pretty much in Rito's harem?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 16:00   Link #456
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
seems like they're introducing new girls, and it seems like the next girl is a tsundere of sorts... are all the girls in the opening theme (sans the little sister) gonna be pretty much in Rito's harem?
More or less, yes.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 16:03   Link #457
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
No not really.

The next girl that is introduce developes feelings for

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

The only one that seems to have developed feelings for Rito is...

Old 2008-05-01, 16:07   Link #458
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
You might wanna watch out, that's a rather shaky slope.
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2008-05-01, 16:17   Link #459
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
You might wanna watch out, that's a rather shaky slope.
Spoiler for Manga:
Okay okay yeah I kinda expect that to happen with her but so far it's more like a "hey he isn't such a bad guy after all" type of thing nothing really romantic feelings so far.
Old 2008-05-01, 16:24   Link #460
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Okay okay yeah I kinda expect that to happen with her but so far it's more like a "hey he isn't such a bad guy after all" type of thing nothing really romantic feelings so far.
Ohhhhh, I dunno about that......
Spoiler for Manga:

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, school life, shounen, xebec