4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.58%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 2.88%
Voters: 347. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-04-01, 00:06   Link #1
4Tran

Gundam 00 - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire 25 episodes of Gundam 00 Second Season or all of Gundam 00 ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, speculation on the possible DVD only bonus episodes, etc., etc…

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Will there be additional DVD only episodes and what will they contain.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers could have done better.
And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Editing: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Note that because Gundam 00 is licensed, the following apply as well:
  • Asking where you can find Gundam 00 downloads.
  • Providing links to Gundam 00 downloads.
  • Discussing Gundam 00 fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Gundam 00.
  • Asking for playback help for Gundam 00 episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.
Old 2009-04-01, 00:40   Link #2
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

This is the first Gundam series that I had been watching weekly, anxiously waiting for news, surfing multiple boards and buying a lot of kits from the series. I was really impressed with Season 1, so I was really excited for Season 2. I'm really pleased to say that Season 2 exceeded my expectations, and made me a very big fan of this series.

Picking up where the first season left off, Season 2 tells the story of Celestial Being reemerging and fighting against the very distortions that they helped creating. The 4 Gundam Meisters reunion with new dynamic, and new mecha. Storyline was not the series's strongest point, but it kept me entertained enough, and the series mysteries were slowly solved one by one. And that it lead to one epic final battle and conclusion!

The mecha fights are the highlight of the series. With GN Drive MS, the battlefield are more even and more exciting to watch. I really love the new Gundam designs too. There are few classic fights there, the battle against Memento Mori, 00 Raiser VS Susanowo and the epic final episode battle. The only thing I'm disappointed that Arios didn't get much to shine throughout the series, compared to Cherudim and Seravee...

About the characters. They have changed, and still feel familiar. Setsuna grew into a leader, and then humanity's hope. Allelujah...well....I guess the world 'Marie' will be sufficient to describe him. The changes I love the most is Tieria. He has changed from the stern authority person into the brother figure of the group. He has one interesting dynamic with Setsuna too. The new Lockon Stratos. I like that he's different enough from his brother, but some plot line about him seemed unnecessary, such as him being a spy.

The other characters feel the same. Interesting to see Soma became more human and then Marie personality emerged. Sergei...man, how I teared up when he's dead. Mr.Bushido kinda became the LOLS of the series. Wish his treatment was better. Ribbons though, that's one effective villain. Even with his god complex, he's still cool and calculating, not to mention with great piloting skills and a bad ass Gundam.

Saji and Louise changed their role into those affected by wars. Louise joined A-LAWS and kinda went crazy. While Saji got himself involved with Celestial Being and manned up in order to get his girl back. Love their story in S2.

The part I love about Gundam 00 S2

- Mature Setsuna
- Brother figure Tieria
- Saji and Louise plot
- Great MS design
- Epic fightings
- Good OST
- Great final fight

Not one series is perfect, I have some complains as well

- Lyle being a twin. What's the point? The "I don't want to be compared with my brother" plot kinda there for one episode or two and then nothing. They could have just made him into a younger brother with different look instead of the same look.

- Allelujah. Seriously. When we all first saw his image in S2, we were like 'OMG, Allelujah with both eyes!!! He's gonna be one badass PILOT!!!". And then, the Marie stuffs happened...

- Marina...she's well, she's just there. And I hate those kids

- This series could have developed more on Lyle X Renew before she's die. And probably they should just insert more Setsuna X Feldt too. (So I like that pairing, so what? ^^)

Overall, this is one great and entertaining series, and most probably my most favorite Gundam series yet. Now anticipating the movie.

9/10!

Thank You Mizushima and staffs for bringing us this wonderful series!
Old 2009-04-01, 01:28   Link #3
Charred Knight

Well I was waiting for someone else to post but I might as well.

No doubt Kaioshin will yell at me for making this post but sincew its a series post I don't care.

Now since I didn't know if the vote was for the entire series (which isn't over yet) or the second season, I just voted for the second season as a 6 (FYI the entire series is a 7)

The best way to describe Gundam 00 Season 2 is this

I ordered a Pizza (Real Robot), but I was told this wasn't a pizzaria anymore and I was told that I was getting one of those really nice hamburgers which have an entire paragraph devoted to describing how delicious it was (Super Robot), but when my meal came I found a hot dog (a crappy Super Robot series) on my plate.

The main problem is that Season 2 suffers from what I like to call Shonen Hero Syndrome, where as a Shonen series goes on the competency of the rest of the cast shrinks until the series is effectively all about one person. As the season starts most of the cast and enemies are competent, as the series goes on Setsuna is given the bulk of the upgrades, he gets his Jesus powers, and quickly everything begans to revolve around him and no one is able to do get out of Setsuna's shadows. This reaches its peak in the second to last episode in which Setsuna turns everything around when he activates the Trans Am Burst.

The second main problem is "what's the point of half the cast", Homer maybe leader of A-Laws but Arthur Goodman, and Katie get all the screen time, it got so bad that by the end Homer just kills himself just so they can rap up the A-Laws plot. He had no purpose that couldn't have been filled better by Goodman himself. Also getting rid of Homer and replacing him with Goodman would alleviate the stupidity of Homer being unable to control Goodman. Marina, Klaus and Shirin also suffer from this, simply put all three are incompetent morons, watch how much Katharon improves once Katie replaces Klaus. Basically the only person you can compare to Klaus is Zapp Branigann played dramatically, their both idiots who suceed soley due to other people, and theiir own men dying in a bloodbath. Marina barely had a point in season 1, and had none in season 2. You kept hoping that this would be a repeat of the Saji and Louise storyline where Marina would become an important character, but it never happens, Marina only reads a letter and returns to Azadistan. Wang is also guilty of this, serving no real purpose other than to be a plot device that helps Celestial Being, be mysterious, and also being an annoying idiot.

The third main problem is turning GN particles from a Minovsky Particle expy to Pixie Dust, a magical dust that can do anything you want, and by releasing them earn victory. At one point 0 Raiser undergoes Quanitimization and dissapears before reappearing and defeating one of the innovators (innovade). This is never shown again, the infamous Trans Am Burst is where it just got ridiculous, being one of the worst examples of Deus Ex Machina I have ever seen. You don't need to solve all your problems with GN particles, you could make your cast you know competent.

The innovators (innovades) outside of Ribbons are quite simply failed characters where as Union soldiers like Daryl and A-Law members like Barack where given time to be protrayed as competent, all the innovades did where show their remarkable ability to eject. I can't remember a single time when they did anything really great. Even when Regene announces his plan to take over his immediatly shot, making the whole thing pointless. What the hell was Regene's plan anyway, from the looks of it his plan wasn't the same as Celestial Being or Aeolia.

The message of the series is idealistic to a fault, if you want to find out what happens when a country interferes to help another country just look at Iraq, the people began fighting each other to fill the power vacuum, terrorist began blowing up the place, and the split between Shia, and Sunni grew. If you just blow up a couple of people, peace is not going to happen overnight, they are going to go underground and continue fighting.

The Good thing is that the last episode is pretty good, and no one really dies useless deaths. Also except for Billy their is no inexplicable Heel Face Turns where some asshole becomes a good guy for no apparent reason (Gino from Code Geass is an example of this).

Also the battles are well animated, the Gundams are not bad, and the character designs are nice. The series also has the decency to point out how hypocritical the Gundam pilots are, and the cast themselves never becomes too dumb to live (GSD was full of this, and Code Geass had some as well)

The first probably 10 episodes when combined with the last ten episodes of the first season are the high point of the series, neither side is overpowering, the Gundams are constantly on the move making every moment exciting, the enemies are competent, and overall its one of the best stretches in Gundam history its just bookended with crap.

Also while I did critcize the message its also not that bad, while it is unrealistic, taken on the surface its not a bad ending. Its just not the epic ending I am used to from a Gundam.

I am trying to say more nice things but frankly its a lot easier to remember what I hate about this season.

Overall as stated earlier Gundam 00 is a great stretch of 20 episodes surrounded by crap, its not bad, but I also wouldn't reccomend you buy the series, this is strictly a rental or watch it on TV.

Things I didn't like about Season 1

The slow start caused by the Gundams being invincible, also the fact that the AEU didn't get a single ace where as the Union had Graham, and the Communist super power (totally forgot their name) had Sergei and Soma.

Also the Gundam Meisters themsevles where boring with Sumeragi being an annoying alchoholic who had no business being on a military craft let alone leading on.

Things I did like

The way that they showed that both siders had their good points and bad points, the Gundams where terrorist shoving their beliefs down everyones throat while the Powers didn't care about anyone but themselves.

The enemies where really cool, Graham, Darryl, Ali, Segei, Soma, Katie, and Patrick where clearly the more interesting characters and I quickly found myself rooting for them to kill the Gundam Meisters.

The political intrigue, it was far more interesting than the one sided battles we where seeing, and the people fighting over the world where themselves competent.

Overall out of all the Gundam series I have ever seen I consider this the second worst between Gundam Wing (third worst) and Gundam Seed Destiny (the Worst). Keep in mind for your average mecha series thats not bad, I just really love Gundam series.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2009-04-01 at 01:41.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 01:35   Link #4
Jays

Let me just preface this with saying that I enjoyed Gundam 00.

-

It's difficult to make a Gundam series, and to make a good one, well that's even harder. I can't say I absolutely loved season one, but damn it's close. While it was sporadic, and for the most part, it felt like character development had hit the backburner, it was entertaining and interesting, two very key things. Seemingly I was looking forward to every episode without hesitation, and with good reason; while it was no masterpiece it proved that you can do a lot of good things even if it isn't conventional.

I became a hardcore Graham fanboy after episode 18 when his recklesness conquered my heart and just wowed me, foaming at the mouth whenever he would make an appearance. The juxtaposition of Allelujah's character was just enthrawling to say the least, and the best part about it was just how much lime light he got; of course I can't forget about Lockon, who through thick and thin just seemed like perhaps the most dependable character. Seemingly, Gundam 00 could do no wrong, and while we had a great beginning, in my own personal opinion the ending just didn't fit.

-

I can't deny the fact that I felt season two just doesn't do season one justice. It felt like it tried to do too many things at once, with not enough time. While the overall progression of the main story seemingly is not bad, if you don't have the right vehicles, ie characters, motifs, and so forth, it becomes rather bland. No doubt some sacrifices had to be made, but simply put, I was not too keen on those. While the ending of it was satisfying, the path to get there was not.

Going back to the issue of season two doing too much; probably the best thing for me about season one was the characters, even if there was very little character development, they were still very interesting and entertaining to watch. Fact is that, most of all the characters in the season one, with the exception of Setsuna and Tieria - even he at the end began to be overshadowed - disappeared. This is a huge problem for me because we are basically given characters that we care about and are told to wait a moment so that we can give these other pretty much usless characters some screen time.

The Innovators as villians sucked, there's no other way to put it. The only one who truly felt like a "villian" was Ribbons because if anything he was just a Machiavellian psycopath who more or less did fine in his role, while his contemporaries failed to make things interesting. Just in general, I could go on and on about this, but really, when one of the main characters is left to basically rot - Allelujah - and a damn fine antagonist - Ali - becomes some mid boss who is never really explained, well that is bad writing.

-

It almost feels as if I can't add the two seasons up because they were soo different in nature, that while not going to extent of calling them two seperate shows, they are totally off beat from one another, which is just disappointing. I found myself disappointed with the last half of the series when I found out that huge glaring mistakes that began to grow larger as the season started were not going to rectified. Something about the first season of Gundam 00 felt human, which is something I certainly cannot say about the second.

-

In the end if I had to list some positives, they would be the mecha design, the voice acting, and animation were all top notch. Tieria's growth as a character was something you could feel good about, and due to Graham's implosion as a character, I'd give Tieria my top spot as my favorite character overall. The fatman dying, man I hated that bastard.

Breaking it down, I'd give season one a 9/10, with season two a 6/10, so in general I'm giving it a 7/10 - the failures of the second season just totally destroyed it for me.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:18   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Am I the only person that preferred season 2 to season 1? And what else is there to explain about Ali. I fail to see the "bad writing" (yawn) there.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:20   Link #6
patnam

waiting for its movie version instead of TV series...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:37   Link #7
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The innovators (innovades) outside of Ribbons are quite simply failed characters where as Union soldiers like Daryl and A-Law members like Barack where given time to be protrayed as competent, all the innovades did where show their remarkable ability to eject. I can't remember a single time when they did anything really great. Even when Regene announces his plan to take over his immediatly shot, making the whole thing pointless. What the hell was Regene's plan anyway, from the looks of it his plan wasn't the same as Celestial Being or Aeolia.
Not sure why so many people seeing the innovades as useless, throughout the whole series Hal was the only pilot who completly dominated a MS piloted by the innovade, the others were defeated mostly through the use of Trans-Am( with exception of Exia vs 0 gundam ) . Their level of skills can be consider to be on par perphaps even better then the meisters(Different people different level). They didnt do anything really great because mostly its interference by Trans-Bam of Sesunator like you said.

Last edited by KaiDamien; 2009-04-01 at 04:29.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:54   Link #8
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Am I the only person that preferred season 2 to season 1? And what else is there to explain about Ali. I fail to see the "bad writing" (yawn) there.
you're not alone, me too

Both season has great storyline, nice battle, and music. I enjoyed very much.
but I prefer S2 because it have cooler mechas (especially 00, Susanowo, and Reborns)

Can't wait for the movie (and their appearence in SRW)
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 03:12   Link #9
gnRyushi
Major Probs

I was very happy with the whole series overall. I might have had low standards to begin with but I was waiting anxiously every week for the next episode and checking all the spoilers and tidbits of news that people were saying. I'm glad the anxiety is gone now that the series is over. But kinda bummed now that there's nothing to look forward to on Sat. night. Oh well. Now for the movie...
gnRyushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 04:22   Link #10
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
I like Season 2 a little bit more than Season 1

Oh look, there's the 1/10 rating!
Old 2009-04-01, 04:30   Link #11
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I like Season 2 a little bit more than Season 1

Oh look, there's the 1/10 rating!
It'd be a miracle if you don't see the 1/10 rating in Gundam show, whatever it is.
Well....there was one ep, but seem like the usual person went away for a while, so 2 weeks later I see the 1/10 rating. I wish people are dedicate to their work as that person, our world would have been a better place.
Old 2009-04-01, 04:37   Link #12
nutype
Future MD

I think charred knight brought up an excellent point about 'shounen hero syndrome'. It's the cliche we see in many shounen manga where we see the protagonist become the powerhouse and storytelling for the rest of the characters shrinks to the point where they arent even that important anymore. In season 1 it was great to see that while Setsuna was the main character, he was portrayed as no more powerful or special than the rest of the meisters. Being the youngest, he looked like he actually struggled to fit in with the rest of the meisters and also struggled on the battlefield giving us a good sense of battlefield and how things dont always go your way. We see this when setsuna get all of the harder boss fights right off the bat (sergei, graham, ali) while the rest of the meisters are just doing business as usual.

In season 2 however Setsuna becomes the main focus in the really cliche sense because we see him beat everyone up with his superior suit that pretty much overwhelms everything with what I can only call hacking or 'hax'. He also becomes this innovator which is just fancy talk for newtype in the AD-verse. He evolves into this jesus-type being to get over the fact that he's a mediocre pilot. So we got the uber broken 00 gundam that can teleport by quantization, evolves its pilot into a innovator, allows telepathy, stops harmful effects of GN particles, has a GN field, can destroy anything with beam spam pretty much turn any battle around singlehandedly. We have all seen this protagonist ownage while the rest of the cast just sit around and commentate as spectators in Dragon ballz, dai no daibouken, hajime no ippo, pretty much any shounen you can think up of. The best thing about the ADverse and gundam 00 was how it was actually realistic and didnt ruin our suspension of belief....that was ruined when we saw the 00 gundam dock with the 0 riser. In season 2 nothing scares you anymore after seeing the 00raiser quantize in episode 12. After episode 12 I'm thinking "will any mecha actually be a threat to the 00raiser??" Sadly even the reborns gundam (final boss) didn't impress me after seeing what the 00raiser can do.

I loved it in S1 when tieria was a hardass that cared about the mission over anything else and how he hated Setsuna. It seemed like in S1, characters had their own motivations and lives that were realistic and appealing. In S2 I see the meisters reduced to 1 dimentional boring people that just revolve around the main character. My best was of explaining it is that in S2, setsuna is the sun and the rest of the cast just orbit around him. It was almost irritating to hear every single innovade talk about setsuna and the 00 gundam over and over again.

I wont get into this much because it's already been mentioned several times but there were too many characters introduced in S2 that were pointless and stupid. There's literally a whole list of people in Alaws (sergei's son, homer, goodman, silverhaired guy, brush cut guy) and kataron (klause shirin) that do nothing but waste air time. I think the worst was marina and the children making those god-aweful songs. I'll never forgive sunrise for that. It also doesnt help that the innovades are rainbow-hair colored, 1 dimentional cannon fodder. Even ribbons isnt a convincing villain if all he does is brag to us how he's better than humans and that he is a living God. The only real difference between him and Celestial Being was that Ribbons just wanted the audience to hate him for his blatant arrogance.

I didnt like the mecha designs in S2 either. Seems like the innovator suits & GNX/XIII were all the same. In S1 we got MS's of the trinity siblings, overflags, crazy MA that make you pee your pants. When I saw the mechas in season 1 they were awesome looking enough to get my adrenaline pumping. Season 2, we just get uglier versions of kyrios, dynamus, virtue/nadleh. But this is just aesthetic preference i dont factor this into my rating.

Ending was totally rushed....terrible. Wait can I even call that an 'ending' to a series when the main villain isnt dead and we see "movie in 2010"?? That actually pissed me off.

i gave season one, 9.5/10
so for season two, 7.5/10

So overall 8.5/10 for a quality show with great visuals & eye candy that make up for a lot of it's shortcomings. I dont really have to get into the animation quality because it goes without saying that it's amazing and it's quality I hope to see in other anime.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 04:38   Link #13
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

The animation are quite good and battles well done ..... that only good thing that i can say

Character, story, plot are big negatives for me ( Too many freaking nekkid sh!t and gayness crap..... )

i give this series 3
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 05:51   Link #14
Sciel
Etoilé

Personally i enjoyed the show and for the last 25 weeks and the 25 weeks before the break between S1 and S2 , i've always been looking forward to watching every episode (and have watched most of the episodes on live stream ) .

That said , while i did enjoy the series i feel there are some things that should have been done differently .
Firstly , some characters should have been handled differently because frankly some of them ruined my enjoyment of the show .

- Ali was awesome in S1 but i feel he should have just died , other than being the person who guys "LOL IM HERE FIGHT ME PLZ" he was mostly pointless in S2 and served no point in the story since his place could have been easily taken by another Innovator. Also , him being alive sort of cheapens Neil's death in S1 .
-Wang Liu Mei . Basically she goes "WITH THIS THE WORLD WILL CHANGE 11!!!" in S2 all the time . Why she wants the world to change to much we never learn since she dies to Nena .
-Nena . She should have gotten a different role on S2 , At the start we hear from Wang that she has some ability that can help combat the innovators , we never actually learn what this is and the one most useful thing she does is to give CB plans for the Momento Mori. Would have rather seen her either 1) Die in S1 2) Actually feeling remoseful and working alongside CB in S2 and doing something useful . The way her character was used was as if the directors just wanted Rie Kugimiya in the show so her fanboys would tune into the show.
-Allelujah . Prior to episode S2 25 , the most useful thing he does is become a battery for Ptolemy to go Trans-AM . That itself says a lot on how useful he was in S2 . After he got Marie back he basically became the most pointless meister , doing virtually nothing except shooting Gaga's in episode 24 . Also has the worst piloting skills of all the meisters when without his alter-ago Hallelujah. I feel that they should have tried to wrap up the Alle-Marie saga in S1 and maybe introduce a new meister in S2 to take his place.
-Marina . Most pointless female "lead" in an anime ever . She even beats Orihime in this aspect since Orihime's "Ichigo Ichigo" x 232323 times actually does something (*hintdoessomethingtoichigohint*) . Furthermore , she isn't even Setsuna's love interest . They should have shelved her after S1 and maybe give more screentime to other characters / pairings .

Secondly , some of the writing leaves much to be desired .
Eg : I Lol'ed at the 10000000000000 bring and divine clones . I went WTF when they went into their Gagas , went Trans-AM and attacked CB . I went LOLWUT? when instead of attacking CB with whatever weapons that their Gagas could possible have , they went kamikaze . Possibly the most silly thing i've ever witnessed in Gundam since Ribbons could have easily just remote controlled the Gagas instead . Its like the directors wanted to make CB to face overwhelming odds but not have any chance in hell of losing .
Eg2 : Fake GN Drives going Trans Am . This basically ruins the symbolism of the ability . Its supposed to be something entrusted by Aeolia to only the holders of the original furnaces . Instead we get stupid kamikaze Gaga's going Trans-Am . We aren't even given any explanation on how it works . At least they should have given the the fake drives Trans-Am a different name (eg : GN burst etc)

The highpoints are definitely the animation which is superb thus i don't think i need to elaborate much on it. TBH i preferred the mecha designs in S1 compared to S2 but this itself is a minor gripe (though i think Seraphim Gundam is one of the worst looking gundams ever). And also the music which although i never seem to pay much attention to everyone says its awesome so i'll say its awesome too .

Overall : 8/10.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 12:56   Link #15
Jays

Quote:
It would have been nice - it's all I'm saying, considering they gave many other useless characters pointless info that really didn't resonate with anyone - if they took some time to maybe discuss or explain why Ali is such a blood thirsty psycopath, however what they did to Allelujah and many characters from season in IS bad writing.
Old 2009-04-01, 12:59   Link #16
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
It would have been - it's all I'm saying - if they took some time to maybe discuss or explain why Ali is such a blood thirsty psycopath, however what they did to Allelujah and many characters from season in IS bad writing.
They did, during his talk with Ragna Harvey in season 1. It was because the mercenary life is the only one he's ever known and he will do everything and anything to make sure that Celestial Being is not able to create a world where there is less or no mercenary work for him to do for lack of war(s). That's really all there is to his character, "I want to be a mercenary and if you let me fight and kill then I will work for you", hence why he hooked up with Ribbons.

Again I fail to see the "bad writing" (wooooooo hefty critcism ).

You have to realize that saying "bad writing" at this point just gives me lol fits, so you're probably better off using something else more....descriptive and pointed.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 13:19   Link #17
Jays

Quote:
They did, during his talk with Ragna Harvey in season 1. It was because the mercenary life is the only one he's ever known and he will do everything and anything to make sure that Celestial Being is not able to create a world where there is less or no mercenary work for him to do for lack of war(s). That's really all there is to his character, "I want to be a mercenary and if you let me fight and kill then I will work for you", hence why he hooked up with Ribbons.

Again I fail to see the "bad writing" (wooooooo hefty critcism ).

You have to realize that saying "bad writing" at this point just gives me lol fits, so you're probably better off using something else more....descriptive and pointed.
If you say so; though maybe I wanted a little more? You seem to have problem with any negative opinion that is being presented.

I didn't like the fact that Allelujah completely disappeared from the anime after that episode that was perhaps devoted to him; but according to your logic that is ok, let him rot there because we don't need him. Same goes with Graham, turning him into probably one of the worst masked men in all of Gundam; even better, introducing a whole new batch of antagonist that really suck.

Tic for tac, it just seems like you don't like negative criticism pointed at season two. Keep at it though maybe you'll convince someone.
Old 2009-04-01, 13:23   Link #18
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

What can I say that hasn't been said already?

I felt that while S2 had it's flaws, and big ones at that, episode 25 was almost enough to redeem it. Almost...

S1 - 9/10, S2 - 6/10.

Overall 7.5/10. It's definitely more than a 7, but not quite at 8.

I might edit this later on and add a full review.
Old 2009-04-01, 13:26   Link #19
nutype
Future MD

a lot of characters were simply not explained. look at wang. she wanted to change the world because she doesnt like being the head of her family? why would you change the world for that?? the explanation is so unsatisfactory i actually become skeptical....is she for real? Is sunrise serious? What was her plan? What was regene's plan? It seems like having all these unanswered questions in a series or film is a popular thing now a days.

meanwhile i can hear sunrise send me an instant message over QBW - "stop asking silly questions and buy our toys in the mean time, dont forget to watch the movie in 2010........tool"
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 13:30   Link #20
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
No time for me to do a full review. Well, ill just add in my ratings for each season. The overall series had great battle scenes and animations, and the plot was pretty good.

Season 1- 8.5/10
Season 2-7.5/10(I liked season two more)

Overall-8/10 One of my favorite Gundam Series by far.
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote