AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-03-06, 13:13   Link #1
kaevne

AnimeSuki should have descriptions

I know it may be redundant since animeNFO already exists, but wouldn't it be nice if AnimeSuki asked the fansubs to include descriptions or a short summary of the anime they are subbing to be included right on top of the link?

For example, I just saw Chrno Crusade Zero listed; I have no clue what that is and I do not really feel like having to go to the forums and ask/search or google.

Another example: I see Hunter X Hunter OVA 1 and Greed Island OVA 1 listed, it took me a while to figure out that it was the former that directly succeeds the series.

Also, descriptions could help with people who want to just briefly browse through the unlicensed animes and read the plot summaries.

I dunno what do you guys think?
kaevne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 13:28   Link #2
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Animesuki does have the option to include some info. So if the groups provide them, it most likely will be added
On a side note on Chrno Crusade Zero: no on on the group channel did know anything about it either

The first part containes scenes from the series (I guess, I didn't watch it), the second part character and settings design studies (drawings).
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 20:17   Link #3
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

There are already several info sites (AnimeNfo, AniDB etc.), so I think this is kinda redundant.
However, a link to the according entry for this series in AnimeNfo or AniDB would be nice.

Chrno Crusade Zero is a "Making of".
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 02:17   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Since every series links the the AnimNFO description if there is one, why should we need to list our own descriptions. We add information only when we feel that information at AnimeNfo, ANN and AnimeDB is lacking. Otherwise, just follow the handy links that we provide and you'll discover a wealth of information waiting for you.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 16:20   Link #5
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaevne
I know it may be redundant since animeNFO already exists, but wouldn't it be nice if AnimeSuki asked the fansubs to include descriptions or a short summary of the anime they are subbing to be included right on top of the link?

For example, I just saw Chrno Crusade Zero listed; I have no clue what that is and I do not really feel like having to go to the forums and ask/search or google.
just click on the anime NFO link as you suggested yourself

it would just take more time away from the staff's time to write a short summary.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote