AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-03-16, 23:41   Link #61
Noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle
Anyways if I can spend 10 years in any anime it would Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu because that place has no wars and all it consists of girls that are very ^_^ and I get to play around with guns in public and not have the authorities on my back.

*bold added*
I'm guessing you haven't seen the first season of full metal panic...
*underline added*
Yes I've seen the first season but I'm guessing you haven't seen the FMP? Fumoffu part...

And BTW by wars I meant to say legitamit wars where a declaration of war has been sent and people are drafted to fight the war.
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 23:53   Link #62
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
well, if it was a "game", damn.. my 1st and only choice would be FF9. Though i would pretty much enjoy being in the FF7 world. or my god even better FF11 !!
They all have kick ass scenery, especially FF9, and everyone is all short and cute like puck, Vivi and all that. Also i could ride chocobos... ^-^ man that would rock.. Riding a chocobo to Gold Saucer and go play their games. T.T

Anyway to the topic, i would choose maybe a "friendly" world, unlike Naruto where ppl can put swords out of their mouths. *cough* oro.. *cough*
Maybe, ummm... DBZ would be sweet. "NOT" because of all the Super Saiyans and the Kai bombs and all that. I would choose DBZ cause there's a Heaven Universe!!!~!~! If you die, you can go to Heaven! ( if your nice)

I wouldn't even be scared about death anymore. I'd want to die so i can go to heaven!!

EDIT::I just thought of this one... Pokemon!! I would love being in the Pokemon world. I could ride all the pokemon like Blastoise around and it'd be so sweet.... T.T
Old 2004-03-16, 23:57   Link #63
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle
*underline added*
Yes I've seen the first season but I'm guessing you haven't seen the FMP? Fumoffu part...

And BTW by wars I meant to say legitamit wars where a declaration of war has been sent and people are drafted to fight the war.
The second season is mainly the parts of the manga they left out of season one to concentrate on the plot. If you look at the actual continuity, the events from fumoffu are happening between the events of the first season.
Old 2004-03-17, 00:01   Link #64
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ka9on
I just thought of this one... Pokemon!! I would love being in the Pokemon world. I could ride all the pokemon like Blastoise and it'd be so sweet.... T.T
Beat you to it...I already mentioned the Pokemon world although my intentions weren't so...umm..."innocent"

*check previous page for my "intentions"
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 00:08   Link #65
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Beat you to it...I already mentioned the Pokemon world although my intentions weren't so...umm..."innocent"

*check previous page for my "intentions"
garr.. .\ /.
I dunno why some ppl wanna go to dangerous places!? You'd get yourself killed!! I'd like to visit places like Valkurm and Qufim from FF11.... >.< Konschtat and Bastok and Windhurt would be so cool...! t.t
Full VR, hurry up and come!!!
Old 2004-03-17, 00:33   Link #66
Noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
The second season is mainly the parts of the manga they left out of season one to concentrate on the plot. If you look at the actual continuity, the events from fumoffu are happening between the events of the first season.

well basically FMP Fumoffu is all in good clean fun and none of that plot. just sagara getting slapped by the fan that chidori always have with her
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 00:46   Link #67
Yotem

I'm one of those people who dislike reality, I don't really have a reason anymore but the feeling is still there (as well as indesire to do anything). Suffice it to say 6 years of depression don't do good things to a person.

As for an anime to live in, on one hand is the desire to pick some ecchi/hentai, but I'll ignore that. I guess I would pick Crest of the Stars (like the setting) or Slayers (magic powers are always nice, assuming I get some). Yokohama seems nice however I can get peace and quite in this world, if I really wanted to.

A big problem with the US education system is not as much the system as the society. When parents don't force (and I mean force) their kids to study then kids obviously won't study. It goes beyond that as the whole society would need to encourage that behavior and not just a few individuals.

I'm not going to defend the system itself, it's filled with bureaucracy and school officials who won't help an intelligent student who's bored in classes unless forced to by the state education commissioner. However, at the same time you have teachers who have to deal with kids who have no incentive to learn, parents who think their kid is god, no power to discipline kids, and horrendous standards aimed at magically fixing the problem.
Yotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 01:07   Link #68
Thelastguardian

kj1980 I compliment your english skill. Even I, who know english since kindergarden, is...sort of lacking in language skill

Back to the topic, I don't see which education system has absolute superiority towards the other. Both US and Asian education had produce excellent/infamous figures in their histroy.
Thus statistically speaking, both system are equal.

BUT if you ask me, I would rather be in the US system for obvious reason: laziness

In turns, however, the table could turn. Whatever if the students in the Asian system finally crack under stress, or the American students gone wacko due to lack of 'enforcement', this I do not know. But I do know one thing, and that is the success of the student do not solely depend on their education. I am sure most of you had already seen this from GTO .

PS: Still h-games (maybe h-anime)
Old 2004-03-17, 02:15   Link #69
ramune

Read something about this education system topic somewhere, I'll try to paraphrase.

Asian education system focuses on "hard work". They believe that a student, regardless of his/her intelligence, can succeed if a lot of effort is put into studying. In their eyes, everyone is the same: there are no geniuses nor idiots, but only successful or failure, and people without a strong academic background is considered a failure since it'll be hard for them to find a well-paid job. With this thought in mind, students study hard like there's no tomorrow, hoping not to become a failure of society and their family. As a result, students acquire a lot of knowledge but they don't know how to apply those knowledge to their everyday lives since they're not interesed in what they learn.

On the other hand, American education system emphasizes the students' "talents". Parents believe that if their children are geniuses, they will succeed anyway, even without much hard work. And if they're not talented, it'll be useless for them to work hard. Therefore, parents generally don't force their children to study since they know it's better for their children to pursue their own interests, rather than forcing them to learn what they don't want to learn. And the result of this is, as most people have pointed out, the laziness of students. Since they are not working under pressure, students tend to be less competitive in school.

In my opinion, these two systems should be mixed. Students should go through the Asian system during their elementary school in order to form a habit of studying hard. Then they should switch to American system starting from middle school so that they can start pursuing their interests.

Back on topic: Sister Princess. Who wouldn't want 12 beautiful and nice sisters living with you?

PS: kj your written english is so good. couldn't tell it's from a native japanese. but what about conversational english? can you speak fluent english without japanese accent?
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 02:22   Link #70
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

I agree on the points made above.
However, the American system emphasizes talents over hard work, but it still doesn't emphasize either well enough [in my opinion]. Only some students have the drive to succeed. The rest are driven simply to pass a class to placate their parents.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 02:29   Link #71
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shika
PS: kj your written english is so good. couldn't tell it's from a native japanese. but what about conversational english? can you speak fluent english without japanese accent?
That, I wouldn't know since no one has ever told me about my accents. However, I do make occasional business calls for my company to our subsidiary in the United States. The conversation between me and the other party is rather volatile. I may or may not have an accent, but judging that I do not have any problem in conversational means with the other party, nor does the other party have any difficulty comprehending my English, I assume myself that my accent falls under an acceptable area.

Then again, my English instructor at NOVA was from Ohio so I may have Mid-Western tone.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 03:48   Link #72
Longinus
光の練金術師

I'm ashamed to say this, but Pokemon's world wouldn't be all that bad, all the crimes they have are handled by hot policewomen... and the criminals seem to be all half-wits, plus you can have tons of pokemon to be your slaves or personal army. XD

Though I wouldn't mind living in a war torn world either... provided I get to pilot one of the cool mecha's of these anime worlds...
Longinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 07:59   Link #73
Naru_Narusegawa
Assasin Cross of Sunset

Well....I would do anything to be in Hinata Sou or Mahora High School.........GO LOVE HINA AND AKAMTASU SENSEI!!!
Naru_Narusegawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 09:08   Link #74
KBTKaiser

Love Hina is tempting, but I ph33r the Naru-punch.(But Shinobu-chan's so cute...)
Da Capo's next on the list, but the tree of magic might give more than what I bargained for due to subconscious thoughts.
Hmmm...that basically kills it for my harem stuff, guess I'll go with Detective Conan or Tantet Gakuen Q. You can't really go wrong when you're around detectives. :P
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 17:39   Link #75
uzumaki

Quote:
In my opinion, these two systems should be mixed. Students should go through the Asian system during their elementary school in order to form a habit of studying hard. Then they should switch to American system starting from middle school so that they can start pursuing their interests.
Are you mad, man! Elementary school is a time of fun and nap times and playdoh, not hard studying!

I think the US system isn't all that bad actually, you could get an ok education with ok grades (b's c's) and go to an ok college and still get a 50k job.(according to what i've seen ). There are some kids that are lazy but you can't blame the system for that. SCHOOL ISNT FUN AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS AT SCHOOL SO DEAL WITH IT. You can just be lazy and fail your classes and be poor for the rest of your life and die off, and society will not care and darwin's theories of natural selection will be at work. Its not all about intelligence. You dont come to school to show off your IQ but only to take things in, not to have parties.

For me, truly, its not about parent pressure, its a matter of pride. I work as much as i can to achieve my goal. Im not really all that smart, and i suck badly at math. But i still get good grades. I ve seen retards who work hard and get all A's. It really isnt all about intellience, but about your drive and determination.
Now wasnt that corny(hehhe). Well just wanted to say this to all the lazy people: Stop complaining! This year 2 people in my school are going to harvard 3 at yale, 3 at stanford and tons others at johns hopkins, duke, MIT, Upenn, UVA and other big schools, and honestly, none of them are that smart. The education system will do all that it can. The rest is up to you.

Also, I do-ly believe that a part of the training of teachers should be to watch GTO. (hehhe)

Last edited by uzumaki; 2004-03-17 at 17:43. Reason: added
uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 18:11   Link #76
Worldestroyer
IRC lurker

Send a message via AIM to Worldestroyer Send a message via MSN to Worldestroyer
After reading all your posts about the American and Asian school systems, i feel awkward since i'm one of the people who goes through school to please my parents. Maybe it's from the years of mental stress caused by family arguments, but the same thing is apprent in other students. American culture is flawed in general (although no the worst in the world), and combined with the kind of school system we have setup, we are given students w/o drive to accomplish anything (such as myself). American culture is also the cause of obesisity, and many other things. Although their are MANY worst countrys out there.... (I don't know what to say....)

Anyways... just wanted to say that.... probley edit this later

(yes i know my english is bad... grammer was never one of my better subjects...even thou i was born in this country...)
Worldestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 18:34   Link #77
LinChoiSin

i guess all systems have good and bad points, if i had to choose i'd take the asian one (but it's probably because i don't like the country i live in and because i badly want to go in Asia).
As for spending ten years in an anime i just thought of hunterXhunter,that would be great because there will be non stop actionand very interesting people.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 19:12   Link #78
uzumaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinChoiSin
i guess all systems have good and bad points, if i had to choose i'd take the asian one (but it's probably because i don't like the country i live in and because i badly want to go in Asia).
As for spending ten years in an anime i just thought of hunterXhunter,that would be great because there will be non stop actionand very interesting people.
It says you live Paris. Ive heard great things about Paris (although never been there). Why dont you like it? Its supposed to be all beautiful and french-y there...

Worldestroyer -Hentai_and_Pr0n_Master, I agree with you. American culture is quite to very flawed, but theres so much freedom here. I think these flaws are some of the by-products of freedom. In a utopia people who receive freedom will cherish and make good of it but in reality you have the good and the bad. And america has both. I guess you can't really generalize anything about this country, it's too variable here. Oh yeah, and there are some REALLY screwed up countries in the world. Some poeple have no idea how messed up those places are.( To me the worst is how some classes in india cant eat ANY meat AT ALL, not even eggs. If i were there i would kill myself rather than not eat meat.)
uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 19:54   Link #79
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
I reckon I would want to spend time in NARUTO....it's awesome, learning all of the jutsu techniques and stuff...beating the Sound Ninjas....yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh I could get into that.....
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 21:45   Link #80
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
Quote:
Read something about this education system topic somewhere, I'll try to paraphrase.

Asian education system focuses on "hard work". They believe that a student, regardless of his/her intelligence, can succeed if a lot of effort is put into studying. In their eyes, everyone is the same: there are no geniuses nor idiots, but only successful or failure, and people without a strong academic background is considered a failure since it'll be hard for them to find a well-paid job. With this thought in mind, students study hard like there's no tomorrow, hoping not to become a failure of society and their family. As a result, students acquire a lot of knowledge but they don't know how to apply those knowledge to their everyday lives since they're not interesed in what they learn.
well... in the country I lived in, I never felt like I ever get the luxury of really focusing on what I like. Still the most field that can support a life is around the business or political world. The rest are... maybe not so needed.
So, although I want to go to either learning history, or maybe literature, I ended up taking other major, because those two might not ensure my living. Perhaps there are other countries, they can do other jobs they like, without having to concern if they can at least have the basic need of staying alive.

on the place to live in, Kizaki lake in Onegai, or Hatsune island in Da Capo sounds like a nice place to live in. Same with in Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou's world.
It's already felt good to live there, even if I don't get any chance of knowing the main characters of the story and just being one of the character in the background picture. Why need all the glory of being part of the screen compared to having a relaxing life seems without the depressing problems.

PS: on language by foreigners, did they usually have better structured formal language rather than the native speakers ?
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote