AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-14, 01:59   Link #181
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I like how even while expressionless as she is right now, Tsukiko finds a way to express her emotions. Especially jealousy.

... With that, can someone make a GIF of the scene where she's kicking at Yokodera's bed? Preferably in very, very fast framerate/speed. Signature-sized.

Quote:
"Azuki Azusa! Give me back my precious!"
In what ways can we take this way out of context?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 02:10   Link #182
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I like how even while expressionless as she is right now, Tsukiko finds a way to express her emotions. Especially jealousy.

... With that, can someone make a GIF of the scene where she's kicking at Yokodera's bed? Preferably in very, very fast framerate/speed. Signature-sized.

Tsukiko's body language will be something I keep an eye on... in a sense the premise of the story give the anime an edge over its ln counterpart.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 02:55   Link #183
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Boy, did this first episode exceed my expectations!

Tsukiko > Azusa.
Old 2013-04-14, 03:48   Link #184
sky black swordman

A great start to series, despite the fact that her appearance was somewhat brief in a few scenes a Tsukushi () maybe my number one. Though this may be attributed to the fact I like onee sama type characters.
Not to say I didn't love Tsukiko and Azusa either!

Yota Yokodera was just amazing, I'm looking forward to seeing more of his perverted antics. Yuuki Kaji, IMO does a great job as his VA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Images
Onee-sama
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Looks like Yota's words got through to her, she is wearing tights again!!
Old 2013-04-14, 04:08   Link #185
Kyuu
=^^=

OK, just the OP sequence alone is giving me tears.

EDIT: And I rarely ever do this... but... I'm insta-giving this series a 9 on my list for first impressions. It's up to the rest of the series to see whether it'd get docked or not. 8) Damn, I am left breathless. XD

Last edited by Kyuu; 2013-04-14 at 04:32.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 04:34   Link #186
Sol Falling

I've been enjoying the manga, and the first anime episode lived up to its hilarity level. This will be one of the few hyped/high-production value series this season I will watch.

I personally can't feel attracted to het-pandering moe characters, but as a hearty fan of YuiKaori, it's great to hear that they're working together on this series, and I'm happy for the strong fan reaction to their characters. While Yui Oguri did not actually do as much as I expected knowing Tsukiko's role from the manga, it will definitely be a treat to follow her in this role for the rest of this season.

As a solid adaptation (rare for JC Staff, as far as their mainstream productions go) of solid source material (managed to keep even myself, who hates heterosexual-romance-oriented harems or romantic comedies, engaged), I fully expect Henneko to be one of the major hits of the season. This episode quite handily matched my expectations, so I will be looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 04:43   Link #187
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 05:03   Link #188
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
"Azusa stole my precious thing"...? Oh wai- *Spark'd*

Anyone can see the "Geass" power from the cat statue?
Old 2013-04-14, 05:18   Link #189
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Anyone can see the "Geass" power from the cat statue?
Hahah, OMFG, yes!

Oh, the sheer power of suggestion.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 05:50   Link #190
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Just got to this, and I'm confused. Incoming waifu talk gibberish.

Tsukiko and Azusa are both currently not their true self. With the current situation, I like Azusa more. However, the thought that she's like this with PR makes me cringe a little when imagining her in Honest mode.
Azusa's seiyuu being Ishihara Kaori in her unique voice mode helps a bunch. Ogura Yui was also perfect for Tsukiko's flat tone, though I'd say too perfect to the point of not interesting, I wonder if that's intentional

But, given the premise, I can guess that even when they get back their precious thing in the end (lol ), they would not return to their old self before the wish incident. Tsukiko would retain some form of her quietness and Azusa will also have her tsundere ojou-sama tone at the right levels.

In other words, they would both turn to be the perfect incarnate of their seiyuu archetype, making choosing a favorite between the two downright impossible.
Solution? Take both, like Rom and Ram!
(Neptunia reference ftw!)

In other news, I honestly couldn't realize Yukari is Steel King (whatever her name was ). I think it's my first time hearing this tone of hers. I wonder if there was some sort of hidden message with her singing the opening .

Almost forgot. The protagonist. He's a bro. Man has his priorities straight, nuff said. Though I believe he should work on his taste for his dakimakura .
I don't get his wish though, he wanted to be able to be close to girls, but shouldn't his PR have helped him in that? Steel King took enough liking in him to name him her successor. I don't really understand why he thinks he doesn't need it......Oh wait, he's an M.
========
My god, this post's gotta be the one I wrote with most in it. No problem, just shows how crazy good this show is.
Old 2013-04-14, 06:43   Link #191
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I know this series is supposed to be second fiddle to Railgun (look at the differences in animation) for JCS, but this isn't a bad consolation prize.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 06:56   Link #192
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I though i saw Sorata and her sister Yuko again in this serie...

Overall, enjoyable first episode...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 08:21   Link #193
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Boy, did this first episode exceed my expectations!

Tsukiko > Azusa.
This and I had none to begin with.

Haven't laughed that much for any show in awhile. I can't help, but to think that the Cat God/Idol is a massive troll.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 08:57   Link #194
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It is... exactly what I've expected, no surprise there.

Equal parts groan, but also equal parts lol, and I can see how a weaker man *coughflavcoughorycough* could have been tempted into the dark path of underaged girls- Tsukiko is quite cute before and after thanks to Ogura Yui.

For as many Kaji-super-hentai scenes, there might actually be something deeper with the moral of "becareful what you wish for"...

...You know, if you can stand Kaji-super-hentai scenes...>_>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 09:01   Link #195
Midonin
Last Engage

Henneko 01 - "Wondering, Is There a Dog?"

As far as LN-based shows with alliterative names go, I like this one a little more, because the characters feel less restrained, less stifled - they can look at life and see things they enjoy, even if they can/can't express it in various ways. In some ways, it feels like Tamura's getting to do the whole thing she did as Masuzu over again, but the combination of comedy, lightheartedness and the supernatural premise means that... I'll agree, it was a pretty strong first showing. CR's decision to leave "Hentai" untranslated at times was a bit weird, but I'll let it slide.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 09:18   Link #196
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I have a thing for secondary girls so Azusa is the one for me.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 09:36   Link #197
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh god, this episode ruptured several blood vessels and deflated my right lung.
I would need at least five hearts for this.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2013-04-14 at 09:47.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 09:50   Link #198
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.1

meet yoto a perv guy who keep perv life very quiet til steel queen want him to take over track-field club got bit yikes then after talk with a pal of his mention wishing stony cat changed a life.

so yoto go meet stony cat with a dutch wife for it til he meet a female who want also wish on stony cat as well so they make a wish & yep be careful what you wish for on it.

cause now yoto can't lie also being tell all pervy truth (liar liar movie anyone) as for girl he meet aka tsukiko the stony cat make her emotionless.

with that give want their take back their wish so search is on & oh now yoto want be a servant to azuka cause he assume she got yoto's lying mood.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 10:44   Link #199
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Oh god, this episode ruptured several blood vessels and deflated my right lung.
I would need at least five hearts for this.
With this, this thread now serves 2 purposes...

1. Talk about the episode that is aired on the day...

2. Provide medical help for terminally injured people due to moe.

I kinda agree with the gif as reference. I will need a new heart for this... (Especially the opening... My heart... HHHNNNNGGG!!!)
Old 2013-04-14, 10:59   Link #200
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Can someone make that GIF my new avatar? Pretty please?

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, seinen, supernatural, tsundere