AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-14, 15:30   Link #2381
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

Quote:
If Akane is going to end with Akaishi it won't be based on the current episodes count at 40 but somewhere further.
This is definitely true. People here are only expressing their opinion and intuition.

Quote:
You clearly are an inexperienced adachi viewer
Although it helps to know Adachi, it should not be mistaken as a prerequisite to express an opinion. I know you did not imply that, but I think it is important to clarify for people who discover Adachi with this anime.

Furthermore, even the manga is still rolling so nobody right now knows how everything will end up exactly. There are still many bumps down the road, especially for anime viewers if the anime keeps following the manga closely.
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 20:43   Link #2382
Nosauz

I really don't get why people tend to think Kou has first dibs on Akane or that akane could only like kou. Her character's main development comes from mostly how much she resembles Wakaba, nothing more nothing less, at this point to claim that the only person that she could be with is Kou is just asinine. I mean a op can say a lot but it just isn't so. Most of the development between Kou and Akane is facillitated by others and not themselves, and kou still somehow tends to think of akane as wakaba, ref: date episode.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 21:28   Link #2383
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post

I'm just going to highlight this on a whimsical note... pondering if
Spoiler for irrelevent -- ~~~:
Yes, i read manga, but i was talking about what i see in anime.

Kou can chose whomever he likes. He deserves to be happy. I'm not against his will even I'd love to see KouxAoba pairing.
Old 2010-01-14, 23:43   Link #2384
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I really don't get why people tend to think Kou has first dibs on Akane or that akane could only like kou. Her character's main development comes from mostly how much she resembles Wakaba, nothing more nothing less, at this point to claim that the only person that she could be with is Kou is just asinine. I mean a op can say a lot but it just isn't so. Most of the development between Kou and Akane is facillitated by others and not themselves, and kou still somehow tends to think of akane as wakaba, ref: date episode.
Ehh, what?

The date episode was clear that Kou does not think of Akane as Wakaba. As he explained very clearly to Akaishi afterward. In fact Kou admits he was worried that it would be weird and uncomfortable because she looks like Wakaba, but isn't Wakaba, and then says: "but it wasn't" (or something close to that). Essentially Kou like Akane for being Akane, despite her looking like Wakaba.

I think you have totally misread Kou if you think he thinks of Akane as Wakaba.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 02:28   Link #2385
poko-kun

Well... Kou knows that Akane is not Wakaba, but he admitted that it's hard to stop himself from talking about his past he had becuase when he was with Akane, he feels like she was Waka. That's it.
Old 2010-01-15, 06:48   Link #2386
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz
You clearly are an inexperienced adachi veiwer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumblefish View Post

Although it helps to know Adachi, it should not be mistaken as a prerequisite to express an opinion. I know you did not imply that, but I think it is important to clarify for people who discover Adachi with this anime.

Furthermore, even the manga is still rolling so nobody right now knows how everything will end up exactly. There are still many bumps down the road, especially for anime viewers if the anime keeps following the manga closely.
I initially at first took it as an elitist attitude but decided to ignore the entire statement. If people are more willing to provide constructive or factual statement I would be more than willing to read and reply. The focus of romance is never the main theme of sports anime unless its suzuka. I generally I don't believe the anime will dwell much into the romantic aspect of the series, considering the episode count there isn't many episodes left to flesh out the romance properly. As for the woman’s international league it is my belief that the producers are encouraging female baseball or as its main targeted audience. Something about the ending always showing the little league who sometimes happen to be female in most of those introduce yourself segments.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 07:56   Link #2387
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Ehh, what?

The date episode was clear that Kou does not think of Akane as Wakaba. As he explained very clearly to Akaishi afterward. In fact Kou admits he was worried that it would be weird and uncomfortable because she looks like Wakaba, but isn't Wakaba, and then says: "but it wasn't" (or something close to that). Essentially Kou like Akane for being Akane, despite her looking like Wakaba.

I think you have totally misread Kou if you think he thinks of Akane as Wakaba.
after the date, he's talking with akaishi about what they did after the kubuki theater show. They talk about the places that he never saw but how much she was LIKE wakaba, even though he didn't recogonize the people she was introducing him to. Kou is clearly conflicted like everybody else in town about akane who is a reminder of what he had lost. Although he's one that is still practical but he clearly is disturbed by the fact that all these feelings are finally coming to ahead.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 12:56   Link #2388
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
after the date, he's talking with akaishi about what they did after the kubuki theater show. They talk about the places that he never saw but how much she was LIKE wakaba, even though he didn't recogonize the people she was introducing him to. Kou is clearly conflicted like everybody else in town about akane who is a reminder of what he had lost. Although he's one that is still practical but he clearly is disturbed by the fact that all these feelings are finally coming to ahead.
Disturb isn't the right word... it has a much more negative notion with the event that happens which wasn't anything but a positive effect I would say he was pleasantly surprise and accepted Akane as a nice girl who was loved by her old town. everyone has conflicts its a norm for people to be shocked or surprise although in Kou as mention the wakaba he knows was only a little girl. Although you mention feelings that event itself didn't highlight any significant changes in Kou affection towards wakaba. If anything he hasn't changed much.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 14:30   Link #2389
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Opinions are such subjective things, aren't they?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 15:51   Link #2390
Kristen
*Author

Has Synergy SP said anything about this ending at 51 or 52 episodes, or is it going for another year?
Old 2010-01-16, 20:26   Link #2391
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Has Synergy SP said anything about this ending at 51 or 52 episodes, or is it going for another year?
As far as we know, nothing. Since it's at 40 it should run a full year's worth of 50+ at least. They say the manga is nearing its end so we doubt it's going to run a second season.

Movie perhaps?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 20:57   Link #2392
Tri-ring

The interesting point of the anime is that intensify the subtle nuance of each relationship between the characters.
For example, we saw Wakaba talking about her family's strange set of coincidences that led her to live next to Kou, which at face value sounds as if she was talking about fate but if you go back to their ealier conversation between Kou and Akane, their talking about past relationship strongly bonding Kou and the Tsukishima family in which if you follow the dialog it sounds more as if Akane was trying to claim that their relationship is as meaningful as Kou's relationship with the Tsukishima's.
There is also the excursion to Akane's old neighborhood nudging Kou to accept that she is not Wakaba almost saying that she likes him for who he is not a cheap ghostly image reminiscing the past.
There are many other examples that shows subtle "rivalry" over Kou and Kou's bewildered reaction.
To be honest I missed those signs when I was reading those episodes in manga and only hit me when I saw it in anime.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:44   Link #2393
poko-kun

Lovely episode, there are a lot of hints you can see in this ep.
Spoiler for Do not hold back:

Last edited by poko-kun; 2010-01-17 at 00:22. Reason: Sorry, my engrish :p
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 01:13   Link #2394
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

Holy crap! Even though I was warned by last week's preview, I am shocked by just how much stuff they crammed into one single episode (including some original/extended scenes). Some transitions were actually a little too brutal. You didn't really get a sense of how much time flew by between each scene. That would be a sign that they are indeed going for 51, if not for the preview which hints that episode #42 will mostly be made of original material.

Spoiler for episode #41:
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 04:48   Link #2395
poko-kun

they took one thing out,i really missed that.
Spoiler for pitcher and slugger:
that could be implied either way, Aoba, baseball or homework.
Old 2010-01-17, 05:36   Link #2396
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well i'm finally going to begin watching this show (after i should have done months ago ). I'll see you in this thread after a few weeks of catching up.
Old 2010-01-17, 06:12   Link #2397
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well i'm finally going to begin watching this show (after i should have done months ago ). I'll see you in this thread after a few weeks of catching up.
Then, see you in 2 days
(I'm sure you'll marathon it.)
Old 2010-01-17, 07:19   Link #2398
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
Then, see you in 2 days
(I'm sure you'll marathon it.)
It's tempting, though i have a lot going on so i'll just be watching five episodes a day. Shall be upto date by next week.

May talk about the episodes i watched, because wow those first three episodes are something else.
Old 2010-01-17, 07:21   Link #2399
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Make sure not to forget essentials like eating, sleeping or bathing.

Of course you could eat while watching, or watch while in the shower. Sleeping... well that's an entirely different issue altogether.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 08:56   Link #2400
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
As far as we know, nothing. Since it's at 40 it should run a full year's worth of 50+ at least. They say the manga is nearing its end so we doubt it's going to run a second season.

Movie perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post

Lovely episode, there are a lot of hints you can see in this ep.
Spoiler for Do not hold back:

Plz no !!! Don't tell me they're gonna pull another H2 anime ending on us ?

Last edited by kanon78; 2010-01-17 at 09:08.
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports