Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-07, 18:49   Link #981
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
I just really don't get the hate toward this game.

Was it the same with Devil May Cry 4 ? Cause it wasn't "Dante" either as the main character...
Yea and that they haven't continued the story from where 2 left off at
Old 2013-01-07, 18:58   Link #982
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Was it the same with Devil May Cry 4 ? Cause it wasn't "Dante" either as the main character...
It wasn't Dante, but they never tried to make him and pass him off as Dante; Nero was his own character with his own personality... Plus we still got Dante himself in that game as another main character.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:01   Link #983
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

This dante is his own character and personality too. Why can't people accept a diffrent dante? They accepted Other M.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:05   Link #984
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
This dante is his own character and personality too. Why can't people accept a diffrent dante? They accepted Other M.
You mean that's why he has the same name, roughly the same background with the same family members as well as the same trademark weapons?
Old 2013-01-07, 19:12   Link #985
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You mean that's why he has the same name, roughly the same background with the same family members as well as the same trademark weapons?
Yep, just like Other M. hopefuly the story won't suck tho.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:14   Link #986
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Devil "maybe" Cry game
Old 2013-01-07, 19:17   Link #987
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well I can't speak for the other M since I never played it....

But I'll use the most popular reboot in recent times as an example; Nolan's Batman is different from the Batmans we have seen before, but he still captures the essence of being Batman while being his own character.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:23   Link #988
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'm pretty sure most people also saw Other M as a mediocre game inferior to the original games and the Prime series.

Also, Other M didn't drastically change Samus's look, and it didn't make several jokes saying how dumb she looked in the older games. Other M may not have been as good, but people moved on.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:40   Link #989
defki

Quote:

Yes people had a problem with Nero. But Dante was still in the game and played a big role and Nero was at least somewhat likeable. No one asked for this reboot and for ruining an iconic character.

Also for a lot of people Dantes looks stopped being the main point once gamplay vids started to show up. Once people realised that we are getting an inferior, slower, less deep gameplay with missing feauters like lock on and a broken score system Dantes hair become the lesser evil. DMC 4 rivaled DMC 3 in gameplay, the most important thing in a DMC game.

Hell according to some leaks frigging Bloody Palace is not in this game.

And the way NT/Capcom act towards their fans doesn't help.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:44   Link #990
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ That is what I'm worried about. I don't mind the new dante, I don't see why people hate him so much tho.

But DMC4 had the best gameplay. People say Bayonetta had better, no.. it was pretty much the same. Oh and dante didn't have a OP dodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm pretty sure most people also saw Other M as a mediocre game inferior to the original games and the Prime series.

Also, Other M didn't drastically change Samus's look, and it didn't make several jokes saying how dumb she looked in the older games. Other M may not have been as good, but people moved on.
Show me where they directly said old dante looked stupid. Other M was not Mediocre, the game play was good but the story was horrid, the way they made samus was horrid and the sex appeal and high heels killed it.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:51   Link #991
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
^ That is what I'm worried about. I don't mind the new dante, I don't see why people hate him so much tho.
I'll say it first, Disclaimer: I had no problems with the hair

I had no problems with crude and vulgar 'humor' in concept, after all I thought [Shadows of the Damned] was bloody hilarious

But this Dante... He just comes off as a dick... And stringing lines of "F**k You!" isn't any better- It's not funny, it's not smart, it's certainly not Shakespearean...lol that cracks me up all the time...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-01-07 at 20:34.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:53   Link #992
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If I was in charge of story. I'd make the demon's resent being cursed at and pisses them off and that'd be why dante curses.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:54   Link #993
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

That is way back 2010.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-cry-interview

They said Fashionista and Japanesy, what is cool back then is not cool now, about the original Dante.

More damage control interview same thing been said over and over again after the backlash 2010 and bad PR interviews.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-07, 20:10   Link #994
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'll say it first, Disclaimer: I had no problems with the hair

I had no problems with crude and vulgar 'humor', after all I thought [Shadows of the Damned] was bloody hilarious

But this Dante... He just comes off as a dick... And stringing lines of "F**k You!" isn't any better- It's not funny, it's not smart, it's certainly not Shakespearean...lol that cracks me up all the time...
I don't think anyone had a problem. SotD is awesome and it doesn't takes itself too serious.

But DmC is for us sophisticated adults, with a cool Dante we can relate to and a mature story. The old DMC wasn't cool.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 21:53   Link #995
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Show me where they directly said old dante looked stupid. Other M was not Mediocre, the game play was good but the story was horrid, the way they made samus was horrid and the sex appeal and high heels killed it.
lol are you kidding? You must not have heard the complaints about the auto-targeting...

Also as I've mentioned before, you and Ninja Theory are completely missing the point if you think the hair scene was just a joke about the hair.

Other M did not try to be "clever" and make fun of how older games looked. It tried to be its own installment to the series, and nothing more or nothing less. If it fails, so be it, but there is nothing that would make the fanbase turn away and prevent them from trying it at least.

You want people to ignore how the new Dante looks? Then don't bring attention to it. The wig scene does the exact opposite.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 22:01   Link #996
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That, and they claim that they could write a better story.... An original story.

Btw, I found this on one of the comments on youtube on the demo's boss battle...

Quote:
William Shakespeare's "Donte's Fornication"

Scene II

(Enter Donte, Demon and Wubeth. Wubeth resounds in the background throughout)

Demon: "Thou seekest to slay me? Thou canst slay me! For a thousand and two hundred years I have drawn breath!"

Donte: "Humorous, seeing as thy countenance begets a creature of twelve thousand!"

Demon: "Fornicate thou!"

Donte: "Fornicate THOU!!"

Demon: "FORNICATE THOUHUEBLUGHAUGH!"

(Wubeth increases in volume)

(End Scene II)
Now that's classy

Credits to one 'Machintoshhater'.
Old 2013-01-07, 22:45   Link #997
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

For me it was if they nailed the gameplay and spirit of the game. Especially the gameplay and combat. Since the game isn't out yet all I've had to go on is the demo and gameplay footage. Demo was unimpressive but everyone says wait till the game comes out to see what people can really do with the combat.

Ok.
Old 2013-01-08, 03:13   Link #998
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

LOL oh my god... And the hits just keep on coming

Ninja Theory Warns Consumers About Fake DmC Devil May Cry Reviews

Quote:
It appears that reviews of the game have appeared online giving it a bad score, despite the reviewers having never played it. “Happy that no genuine review has been under 89% so far,” the developer posted on twitter.
Old 2013-01-08, 08:02   Link #999
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ That gave me a laugh. But they really said that they could do a better story? Ninja theory ... youreallygonnabelikethatninjatheoryyy?!
Old 2013-01-08, 19:13   Link #1000
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just remember NT in Enslaved had a story writer that was opposed to the original idea that Tameen had. This DmC seems it's all out NT and their concept and vision of Devil May Cry.