AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-04-19, 07:27   Link #981
brocko

Looks like the Tauren Marine will be showing up after all in the map editor as confirmed by teh lastest Q&A batch released a few days ago.
Spoiler for for page space:

Sauce: http://www.battle.net/forums/thread....1&#post1015863

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 18:29   Link #982
brocko

Bump!

New Gameplay Vid! Seems to me like SC pro-gamers Bisu and Savior are battling head to head Terran vs Terran style, with Savior walking all over Bisu with buttloads of BC's, Thors and Tanks, if only he could do the same in the actual proleagues
http://www.starcraft.org/news/comments/570

Also specs/system requirements for the current build are out too
http://www.starcraft.org/news/comments/571

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-05-22, 21:52   Link #983
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Wow, those requirements seem kind of steep. For those who don't want to wade through the news page for them:

Quote:
Minumum Requirements
GFX: GeForce 7/8 Series or Radeon 1000/2000 with 256 MB RAM
CPU: Pentium 4
RAM: 1 GB
Internet: ADSL 1 Mbit

Recommended Requirements
GFX: GeForce 8000 or Radeon 2000 series with 512 MB RAM
CPU: Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2.
RAM: 2 GB
Internet: ADSL 3 Mbit

Optimal Requirements
GFX: Geforce 9000er or Radeon 3000er Series
CPU: Core 2 Duo 3 GHz or Athlon X2
RAM: 2GB with DualChannel mode
Old 2008-05-22, 22:15   Link #984
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Wow, those requirements seem kind of steep. For those who don't want to wade through the news page for them:
i am going to need a whole new comp just to play this
Old 2008-05-22, 23:42   Link #985
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
By the time the game comes out though...

Old 2008-05-23, 04:44   Link #986
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
By the time the game comes out though...

My thoughts exactly. The game's performance hasn't been optimised yet, the requirements by the time the game comes will be much lower.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 09:56   Link #987
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I think I just meet the minimum...
Old 2008-05-23, 13:55   Link #988
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
My thoughts exactly. The game's performance hasn't been optimised yet, the requirements by the time the game comes will be much lower.
I think what he meant was that those requirements sound steep now, but that by the time the game comes out there'll be much faster, more powerful technology available. The requirements will seem pretty low by then
Old 2008-05-23, 15:57   Link #989
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
I think what he meant was that those requirements sound steep now, but that by the time the game comes out there'll be much faster, more powerful technology available. The requirements will seem pretty low by then
Exactly. And cheaper too. This is Blizzard we're talking about here, after all.

Cheers.
Old 2008-05-23, 16:32   Link #990
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

I wonder if the UED (the terran villains from Brood War) are going to make an appearance. After all, the ones that were defeated in Brood War were only an expeditionary force. And do you think that Blizzard will find an excuse to bring the Protoss into yet another civil war? I hope not as I thought those were the hardest missions in the single player game.
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 18:42   Link #991
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSephiroth View Post
I wonder if the UED (the terran villains from Brood War) are going to make an appearance. After all, the ones that were defeated in Brood War were only an expeditionary force. And do you think that Blizzard will find an excuse to bring the Protoss into yet another civil war? I hope not as I thought those were the hardest missions in the single player game.
I luved the protoss missions.

But what attracts the players is multiplayer. Single player is not fun, people only play it because they want to know what happens.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 19:20   Link #992
brocko

Hey, I still play the single player campaign from time to time and i can you that it never gets old for me, especially those blood hard enslavers campaign (first part is in your campaign folder, while 2nd part, Enslavers : Dark Vengence you can get from Blizzard). But then again, I'm more of a single player gamer myself lol =P And plus Blizzard mentioned a while ago that they'll be including multi-player campaigns in SC2, which has me anticipating the game even more

Old 2008-05-23, 19:36   Link #993
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Boy, I wonder how the multiplayer is gonna fare among the intense players.
The single player missions look-like a lot of fun.
radioIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 22:06   Link #994
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

I like the whole choose your mission for the Single Play sections, sort of like they did for Emperor Battle for Dune, which had a risk style of picking where you want to attack and stuff. I wonder if when you attack a planet, any planets adjacent to the one your attacking will send you reinforcements or not. That would greatly add to the strategic element of the game.
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 08:24   Link #995
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
My point still stands. Please remember that the minimum requirements for the Warcraft 3 beta version were the optimal requirements for the retail version.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 15:48   Link #996
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Blizzard says Micromania is full of shit: Link
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 03:22   Link #997
brocko

So i guess we can all breath easy in the meantime to say the least.

Anywayz Banelings are up on the official site: http://starcraft2.com/features/zerg/baneling.xml
Nothing new really that we havn't already seen, although there is as per usual the nifty animation and a brief description for those interested. Funny that the Banelings are out before the Zerglings though, considering that Zerglings do morph into Banelings after all I guess more work was needed in the Zergling before showing it off...

Last edited by brocko; 2008-05-25 at 04:05.
Old 2008-06-19, 07:13   Link #998
brocko

HOLY CRAP!

I just accidentally stumbled over some very recent and new SC2 footage (never before seen by me and I'm pretty sure by the rest of us here either), surprising it was uploaded to youtube about 20 hours ago. So yea BIG TIME accidental stumble on my part, sorry if I'm coming off a bit fanboyey or whatever but I'm just so over-excited by it

I've yet to watch them myself (wanted to share it first ) but judging from the titles they apparently seem to be a game between Korean pro-gamers Savior and Hwasin along with a short 2 min Protoss demonstration.

Spoiler for for space, 4 vids in total:

ENJOY!

Now off i go to watch em

Old 2008-06-19, 14:02   Link #999
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
+rep for finding those ;O

The commentator's voice is terrible though. Sounds like he's trying to sell you drugs the entire time.

Quote:
Those are fake!

A magazine made those up from their own guesses watching gameplay videos. Blizzard has already come out to say those were pulled out of someone's ass =P

My guess is that system requirements will be very low. People in Korea don't have amazing gaming computers like the rest of us, since they don't really care about FPS. It will be highly scalable and optimized just like Blizzard's other games.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 00:44   Link #1000
brocko

As we all know Blizzards WWI in Paris has just recently finished with the passing of the weekend and while Diablo III may've been the pinnacle and highlight of the whole event, rest assured Starcraft II was definitely not forgotten.

Here is a summary of the Sunday's Art Panel led by Samwise Didier, Blizzard's Senior Art Director, and Dave Bergain, Lead Environmental Artist. There are some nice comparisons between the current and inital unit models, which shows visually just how Starcraft II is coming along.
http://www.sclegacy.com/content/wwi-...-art-panel-91/

And here are a series of video covering Saturday's Design and Development Panel. If you've been keeping up fairly well with the developments of Starcraft 2 then there's probably not much that is worth watching apart for some general gameplay footage and a short bit on the Nydus Worms, revealing that they now require creep. This essentially makes the Nydus Worms kinda like an instant Nydus Canal and makes the overloads an essential transport/dropping unit again, as you will require overloads to first lay down the creep before the Nydus Worms are able to pop out and transport the units.
Spoiler for for space:

There is also another video that i would like to share and they are in fact the first ever broadcasted Starcraft II matches! They come complete with great commentaries from both Tasteless and Manifesto7. Overall it is a very great watch and even more so if you're a Starcraft I and II junkie like me. Just from watching the video alone, I can tell that the gameply of Starcraft II will be undeniably awesome and the graphics absolutely beautiful when it does eventually come out (as if it wasn't already!).
Alternatively there are also links to the HQ version, so you can grab that if you want, in case $h!ttube ain't your style lol

To wrap up the post they are also apparently experimenting with some new gas mechanics. You can read up on and all about it here:http://www.sclegacy.com/content/wwi-...ue-updates-93/

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows