Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-04, 14:58   Link #21
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
anyone have any idea then if Mabinogi will start a Europe server? and if so when?
D:
it looks and sounds very nice but us Europeans are being left out lol
Old 2009-08-06, 11:27   Link #22
micheut

Nope, no European version whatsoever.

But you can play it if you want. Go to http://hotspotshield.com and download the vpn tunnel client. On this way you can play any MMO you want. : o)

Bye bye then
Old 2009-08-06, 11:43   Link #23
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Well, currently I'm into Emil Chronicle Online, mostly due to it's very anime like character design and quite nice character development (stats & skills). It is pretty much like Ragnarok Online (same developer, probably similiar game engine too).

As far as I play now (some lazy 2 weeks, still in closed beta in my country) it is quite interesting, it offers quite a number of unique features that I think quite appealing for us anime lovers, especially the very anime like character design (check my screenshot below, and guess who is she) and posession system, which you to became someone equipment (similiar to Soul Eater). The grinding process is quite harsh though, if you don't quest, and I think the quests is quite challenging.

Check out some of my screenshots :

Ugh, I don't have the level requirements for maid uniforms yet...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Old 2009-08-06, 21:40   Link #24
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by micheut View Post
Yes, there certainly is a MMO that meets your requests, but you'll have to wait for it to get released by the end of September (unless you live in Korea, than you can play it right away). It's called AION, watch the korean open beta teaser for a good idea.

Hope this helped.

That isn't exactly correct. I've played on every AION beta and while great due graphics, it offers barely nothing new. Actually, the only '' new '' in it is the flying ( Okay flyff had flying but you cant even compare these two ), but even that is restricted to only few areas in the whole world = How stupid is that.

Some quests are innovative atleast, and there are cutscenes for a lot of quests ( Plus they're voiced! ). That's nice and all, but the quests feel the same grinding anyway like any other game.

You don't even wanna get me started on the monsters. So far ( lvl20 ) I've seen about maybe 20 totally different monsters at total. Each new area has new monsters, and let's say lvl1 area has monster called '' Sparkle ''. ... Level 10 area now will have '' Forest Sparkle '', which has the same attacks, same body, but it's just stronger.

HOW DULL IS THAT, when all monsters you fight repeat itself with just different names....

The game is still great though and you might want to try it out. There's supposedly Open Beta coming up in a month or so, but note that the game costs 49,99EUR if you buy it ( Must be bought like WoW ), plus 12€ per month fee to play it.
Old 2009-08-06, 22:35   Link #25
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheut View Post

An MMO I don't like, but the concept is seriously perfect is EVE Online, it's an absolute unique popular MMO. With extensive crafting solutions and waaaay less grinding than the mainstream MMO's. The only con for me is that it's situated in space, no epic fantasy setting.
Ah EVE....it holds a very special place in my heart that I don't think any other MMO is going to replace any time soon. It's quite true that once you explore the complex depths of EVE, going back to other MMOs is extremely difficult. There's simply no other MMO out there that can match EVE's economic system, pvp, and community.

EVE's history is riddled with numerous accounts of players' accomplishments and wars that have left a permenant mark on the game's history. To boot, lots of it is just great reading as well.

The Great War
Guiding Hnd Social Club's Heist

But is EVE a good choice for the OP? Maybe...the game doesn't provide you with hand-holding quests. It is pretty brutal in that the goals in the game are those that you set for yourself. The only people that really suceed in EVE are those that can work with other people and those that are willingly able to tackle the steep learning curve.
Old 2009-08-07, 11:17   Link #26
micheut

Quote:
That isn't exactly correct.
Hmmm... if you place it like that it sounds dull indeed, I haven't played the beta. I thought that you'll be able to fly in more areas based on what you specialize in? Do you know a bit more bout the crafting system? is Wowish or have they thought of something new?

I preordered the game and I'm curious on what endgame content they'll be focusing. But, the grahpics is what stole my heart.
Old 2009-08-07, 14:24   Link #27
Dist

The graphics are what stole my heart aswell.

I didn't do much crafting frankly so I'm not sure on later, but there's basically two bars '' Success '' And '' Failure ''. They just keep adding up till one of them is full, so either Fail or Success. Dunno what the Success and Failure are based on, seems completely random to me.

Same goes for gathering etc. with the Success/failure

And no, not really, you can't really fly. When you gain Wings and go to the first questing town at level 10, around it you can freely fly. But should you enter any the subareas ( forest etc. ), you'll be forced to land. Which truly sucks, because the mob spawning is horrible.

Kill one, and oh look, five spawns next to you and beats you to death. If you could fly, you could escape oh but look.. you can't.

When you reach level 25 you can access the PVP zone, The Abyss. I haven't been there so I don't know how it works, but apparently you can also grind there for levels and do quests, besides just taking over fortresses in PVP. That's full time flying there, but that's all there is to wings really, you can't really fly anywhere else.

( You can glide though if you jump from a cliff but that kinda sucks ).

The biggest disappointment so far has been the monsters though, since like I said, each new area only offers variations of already seen monsters..
Old 2009-08-08, 06:33   Link #28
micheut

Hmmm... thanks anyway : o)

Let's see how it works out in the final version and if they'll put in a patching system. I've really played lots of MMO's, Lineage II, WoW and Guildwars mostly. I'm really looking for something graphicly neat and a bit different.

Well, we still have DC Universe to wait on and maybe Champions Online will bring something new and of course FFXIV is on my list. Man... why do developers even annouce new games, I hate waiting
Old 2009-08-08, 09:14   Link #29
mandukar

I would recommend flyff great cartoony mmo.
Old 2009-08-09, 10:51   Link #30
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandukar View Post
I would recommend flyff great cartoony mmo.

When do you people learn to read the post the OP has written ?

He wants something new, not the old grinding. And flyff is the greatest grindfest in a LONG TIME, and it's definitely not what he is looking for.