Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 11:03   Link #21
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
You do know that baka-tsuki is not a sub group right? It's made up of people who just want a place to upload their translations...... Telling baka-tsuki to pick up the pace doesn't do a thing.

Oh yes, I got volume 3.
Well sorry, I meant to say I hope that the translator will at least do parts bit by bit. The story was picking up and I'm dying to know more, sorry if I'm overly ecstatic or demanding.

You got volume 3 what's it like?

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-03-24 at 18:53.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 00:33   Link #22
larethian

Aaaahh, volume 3 is a satisfying read for a love comedy. Though at the rate it's coming out, it'll probably be July before I get to read volume 4.

I don't feel like doing summaries because I've forgotten most of the details of volumes 1 and 2, and don't feel like going back to them. Though I might give a spoilerish character breakdown before the manga comes out.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 00:38   Link #23
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Aaaahh, volume 3 is a satisfying read for a love comedy. Though at the rate it's coming out, it'll probably be July before I get to read volume 4.

I don't feel like doing summaries because I've forgotten most of the details of volumes 1 and 2, and don't feel like going back to them. Though I might give a spoilerish character breakdown before the manga comes out.
I would've preferred summaries than mild character spoilers. Oh well, at least I know that volume 3 would be a great read and I'm really anxious to read it.

The person doing the translations on the teaser page is slow, but, oh well, good things come to those who wait as they said.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:31   Link #24
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
I would've preferred summaries than mild character spoilers. Oh well, at least I know that volume 3 would be a great read and I'm really anxious to read it.

The person doing the translations on the teaser page is slow, but, oh well, good things come to those who wait as they said.
The translator is actually learning Japanese. And he did say he could only do a page a week. You have to wait for more translators. Moreover, there are no raws available except for volume 1 AFAIK. I've said this many many times, but your best bet is actually to learn Japanese.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:38   Link #25
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
The translator is actually learning Japanese. And he did say he could only do a page a week. You have to wait for more translators. Moreover, there are no raws available except for volume 1 AFAIK. I've said this many many times, but your best bet is actually to learn Japanese.
I'm learning, but I'm not that confident in translating. I know how to read and pronounce some Japanese characters, I'm at least at 20% in terms of understanding.

Sorry if I sound demanding but I'm trying not to come across as such. I created this thread so that people can share their thoughts and info about the series...that's all.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:36   Link #26
tsunade666

is it being translated in chinese? because I had better chance in it than in japanese.
Old 2012-03-26, 08:00   Link #27
starlol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
is it being translated in chinese? because I had better chance in it than in japanese.
It is. But so far only less than 5 chapters.
starlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 14:18   Link #28
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Here's Fujimi HP for the series:
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201107fantasia/
LOL It is SO totally a Oreimo + Toradora! It's got otaku/super-popular dynamics like oreimo and the love polygon relationship is practically exactly like in toradora!!
Old 2012-03-26, 15:31   Link #29
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I think the originally of the story makes up for what the series could potentially be based off of.

I only read a bit of it, and the main dude doesn't sound like Ryuuji or Kyousuke in anyway, just his own character.

I can't say much for the main girl yet, but I'm keeping an eye on that one.
Old 2012-03-26, 21:10   Link #30
larethian

It is like Toradora not because of the characterizations, but because of how the love relationship is apparently going to play out.

Spoiler for relationships:
Old 2012-03-26, 21:29   Link #31
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
It is like Toradora not because of the characterizations, but because of how the love relationship is apparently going to play out.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-26, 22:07   Link #32
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:

I kind of had a sense where the relationships were heading minus the two at the end of the character comparison list. Even if it's like Toradora in terms of relationship plotting it's still its own story with characters with their unique personalities, motivations, and agendas.
Old 2012-03-27, 01:07   Link #33
tsunade666

Quote:

Thanks for this information Lare
Old 2012-03-27, 10:09   Link #34
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Indeed, this novel seems to be good for a comedy-romance series. Though I only read first two chapters, I'd prefer to work in Mahouka K than this.

I mean, both have cliché and original plots, and in this case we could even make a comparison between other two series (Oreimo & Toradora). But M.K fits more in my tastes than this.

Well, I haven't read the first volume complete, so I think I could change my point of view.

Btw, thanks for that info lare
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 02:32   Link #35
larethian

The first chapter of the manga is really the prologue of volume 1 and only made up of 12 pages. Totally faithful so far.
Old 2012-05-03, 03:02   Link #36
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I'm really looking forward to reading this. I wonder if it'll be monthly like most Light Novel to manga adaptations. It'll also be a great way to past the time hoping that Baka-Tsuki picks this up as a full project.

I hope the support get bigger.
Old 2012-05-03, 03:39   Link #37
larethian

It's monthly. Next chapter will be out in May 26.

You hope 'someone' will pick up the translation, not 'Baka-Tsuki'. Baka-Tsuki is just a infrastructure for people to host their translations and to get free feedback and edits. Small correction but a very important distinction.
Old 2012-05-03, 03:53   Link #38
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
It's monthly. Next chapter will be out in May 26.

You hope 'someone' will pick up the translation, not 'Baka-Tsuki'. Baka-Tsuki is just a infrastructure for people to host their translations and to get free feedback and edits. Small correction but a very important distinction.
Right, sorry for being stupid then
Old 2012-05-11, 04:22   Link #39
larethian

I'm planning to translate this (very very very slowly) on my (newly started) translation blog. I need to recruit 2 proofreaders (1 to do the grunt work) and the other for QC. Must be very strong in English writing. Anyone wants to volunteer?

Admittedly, this is not a mind-blowing series. But still, I like it and it's relatively easy to translate and I'm doing it for fun. The main difference from my past projects is that this will probably be the only post-retirement series I'll be translating for the next 2 years and I'm focusing on quality than speed.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:44   Link #40
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
I'm planning to translate this (very very very slowly) on my (newly started) translation blog. I need to recruit 2 proofreaders (1 to do the grunt work) and the other for QC. Must be very strong in English writing. Anyone wants to volunteer?

Admittedly, this is not a mind-blowing series. But still, I like it and it's relatively easy to translate and I'm doing it for fun. The main difference from my past projects is that this will probably be the only post-retirement series I'll be translating for the next 2 years and I'm focusing on quality than speed.
I'll be glad to help with proofreading or editing. I'm studying to become a writer and this will be a great opportunity to enhance my writing skills, and work on my editing and proofreading.

I love to write/improve on my craft, and this is a series I genuinely want to be involved in. So if you're interested just let me know.

Tags
ecchi, harem