AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-07, 18:45   Link #181
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
And we all remember some of the Dreamcast issues, shipping Sonic w/o a disc inside..
Actually, I remember the issue to be that there was no boot program written on the disc.
Old 2006-12-07, 21:32   Link #182
Lebron
I hear voices

You may be right, its been a while. I just member they had issues with it.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 23:33   Link #183
Lebron
I hear voices

http://61.195.57.11/members/special/...us13_Movie.swf

Thats the FF vs 13 CG trailer they showed off at E3 this year, just that no one ever saw it. So guess that would consider it new.
Old 2006-12-10, 10:31   Link #184
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

PS4 in 2010?

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Games_A...nsole/W2D5W7X5
Old 2006-12-10, 10:36   Link #185
Lebron
I hear voices

They haven't even worked out all the issues with PS3, yet. Don't know why they reporting they are starting on PS4. I guess its just to reaffirm after that rumor that this was their last console.
Old 2006-12-10, 12:46   Link #186
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Meh.
Hooray for media spin.

The Gamespot version of the article makes what Holman said more of an accidental "leak" than an actual "here's our plan." I'm going to trust Gamespot's spin on the news.

In any case, I'm sure that's for financial purposes. Sony has stated previously that their consoles have a 10 year development cycle, which I'm going to believe, since we'll probably not see an end to RPG's, 2D shooters, and other games coming out for the PS2 anytime soon.

Hell, the dev cycle for the Dreamcast didn't REALLY stop until two or three years ago.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 19:39   Link #187
FullMetal_Edo
Alchemist

Send a message via MSN to FullMetal_Edo
I hate how the PS3 looks like
Its like a frakin refrigerator and the joypads look really uncomfortable,but thats just my personal opinion, If you like it - buy it
FullMetal_Edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 21:46   Link #188
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Who buys a system because of how it looks like? It's the gameplay and enjoyability that matters. I'll get it cause I'm a faithful final fantasy fan. Isn't the controller still the same layout from the ps2, just wireless.
Agreed on the whole look thing. Aesthetics plays some part I guess... but overall I'll get the system or whatever as long as the games that come out for it are worthwhile.

As for the controller... besides the big PS button that rests around where the old Dual-Shock button/light and how the L2 + R2 buttons now work like triggers, it's essentially the PS2 controller all over again.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 21:57   Link #189
Lebron
I hear voices

Yup same design as the first dual shock with the PS one, and PS2. Wish they kept the boomerang design, I would of loved throwing that thing around.

But hey even though the thing is huge, at least its quiet. My 360 can be pretty loud at times, but our PS3 is dead silent.
Old 2006-12-10, 23:05   Link #190
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I can't believe they actually considered the boomerang design. It's mad ugly, though it probably would've been pretty comfy. But Sony is all about aesthetics though, when you get down to it.

I'm not happy with the console's exterior design myself, but that's not going to keep me from enjoying what it provides.

The PS3 logo = Spider Man font.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 11:54   Link #191
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
I can't believe they actually considered the boomerang design. It's mad ugly, though it probably would've been pretty comfy. But Sony is all about aesthetics though, when you get down to it.

I'm not happy with the console's exterior design myself, but that's not going to keep me from enjoying what it provides.

The PS3 logo = Spider Man font.
It's the opposite. The current design is practical and fits the hands well. The boomerang looked like an ergonomic nightmare, but it also looked pretty sleek. I'm glad that Sony is simply slightly improving what already works very well.
Old 2006-12-11, 12:12   Link #192
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Who buys a system because of how it looks like? It's the gameplay and enjoyability that matters.
lolol.

The irony of this post is priceless!

Especially since it's the ps3 thread....RIIIIIDGGG- sorry, no more cra- i mean jokes....

Old 2006-12-11, 14:23   Link #193
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Hell, the dev cycle for the Dreamcast didn't REALLY stop until two or three years ago.
Actually, there's still a Dreamcast game coming out now and then. There's one in development right now.
Quote:
It's the opposite. The current design is practical and fits the hands well. The boomerang looked like an ergonomic nightmare, but it also looked pretty sleek. I'm glad that Sony is simply slightly improving what already works very well.
When it comes to ergonomy, I agree, but when it comes to the buttons, I think it sucks.
Old 2006-12-11, 19:29   Link #194
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Actually, there's still a Dreamcast game coming out now and then. There's one in development right now.
They are still making dreamcast games? I highly doubt that.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 20:05   Link #195
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Actually the dreamcast is still alive in Japan. You could check asia play site and you'll see a new game for the dreamcast for dec 2006. Too bad it died over here, I kind of like the dreamcast especially playing Rival School (one of my favorite fighting games).
Does play-asia sell NTSC-J(Japanese) dreamcasts still?
Old 2006-12-11, 20:24   Link #196
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Yes, right it's play-asia. Yup they still sell it.
Ah thanks I've always wanted a NTSC-J dreamcast.(though it's ironic that the NTSC U/C one diden't last this long at least in my opinion ).
Old 2006-12-11, 23:52   Link #197
Knightmare213

Can we please get back to the topic please? Thanks much.

About the previous controller for the PS3, the Boomerang controller, I thought it would be horrible to play with that thing grasped by my hands. And if I wanted to throw my controller around, I rather buy Wii.

By the way, I just want to ask everyone who viewed and responded to the thread: did anyone have a 'fateful' meeting with a fanboy like I did before (which now pisses me off every time I remember that torturous 10 minutes)? I love to hear about these 'unique' events.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 00:09   Link #198
Lebron
I hear voices

I've had countless, but I don't remember them to the detail like yours. Its just bet to let them go through one ear and out the other.
Old 2006-12-12, 00:51   Link #199
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Onizuka GTO:

I pity you. Such a sad human being stuck in a fanboy war. I have nothing against the other systems, there's great games on all systems. Some few while some have more. If I had the money I would actually get all the systems but I don't so I have to choose one and stick to it. Every now and then I would envy the other platform of their amazing and enjoyable games. But as I am now, loyal to my playstation.

it seems like you somehow misunderstood my post.

I said it's ironic you said that because of the way Sony hasbeen pitching this system, which by all means the opposite of what you were saying.

lol.

don't misunderstand me, i'm not a nintendo fan nor a sony fan, the last time i touch a nintendo was a NES.
The last sony consoel i have is the PSP.

I go where it's most fun. but really ,that post of your really made me crack up. lmao. you must see the humour in your own statment?
lmao
Old 2006-12-12, 06:20   Link #200
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
About the previous controller for the PS3, the Boomerang controller, I thought it would be horrible to play with that thing grasped by my hands. And if I wanted to throw my controller around, I rather buy Wii.
I dunno, would be interesting to be able to hold one for a moment and give it a try. Really, the aging PS1 controller design has been showing its age for quite some time. Right now I'd rate the PS3 controller "acceptable." Everyone else is moving on, though.

If not the ergonomics, I'd like to see them at least tweak the button and analogue layout. That's assuming, of course, that next generation we don't see everyone moving towards controllers similar to the Wii.

Tags
console, ps3, sony